Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
They're hanging by their arms, so their faces are a little smushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is Spider-Man powerless? Hanging him by his hands doesn't seem like a well-thought out punishment or imprisonment.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Maybe? The story doesn't specify. I mean ultimately it doesn't matter, Spider-Man is captured so Deadpool can rescue him later.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Man/Deadpool #48

I love you can feel Peter side-eyeing through his mask.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So doc ock is both in his original body and in the peter clone body right now?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No he's in the Pete clone. He's in his original body in this because it's a bullshit alternate dimension/future/parody of event comics. Geez guys quit overanalyzing everything.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
How would i know that from one page

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

site posted:

How would i know that from one page

Because it's comics. That sort of stuff is just a Tuesday.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Animal Fables #1 (1946)

Adventures into the Unknown #2 (1948)

Spidey Super Stories #3 (1974)

Batman: Gotham Nights #1(1992)

Batman: Manbat #1 (1995)

Hitman #39 (1999)

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (2015)

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Phantom wastes no time letting you know that our hero kind of sucks compared to the unbridled awesomeness that is Diana Palmer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

All comics should end with "Tomorrow: Something Happens." from now on. Or I guess "Next Month: Something Happens" will do.

edit:

Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #2:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 11, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Silver Surfer: Black #1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Power Cosmic has given him either an eight pack, or a torso made of grapes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Two of them are actually his migrated testicles

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

To me...my Camel Toe!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Radd, are you trying to seduce me?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Teenage Fansub posted:

Silver Surfer: Black #1

I kind of like it. The Philly Art Museum has a special exhibit going on right now of the 19th century ukiyo-e artist Yoshitoshi, a master of an art form I've never known much about. It was a really beautiful and eye opening exhibit, and one of the things that struck me was a really fluid and viscous treatment at times of the human body and its musculature. This sort of reminds me of that, the way his form seems really sort of amorphous and mutable. I guess it wouldn't work for every character in every style, but here I sort of dig it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tradd Moore owns. His art is *very* kinetic and fluid (as you said). It's really unique in comics.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Endless Mike posted:

Tradd Moore owns. His art is *very* kinetic and fluid (as you said). It's really unique in comics.

Did he ever draw for "Invincible"? That whole page looks very "Invincible".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not as far as I'm aware. That's from Luther Strode.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most of the page is bright red and there is a decapitation, so i can see how you'd think it was invincible.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Endless Mike posted:

There’s a lot of Kev O’Neill here, all the fine detail line work and the eyepopping grotesque faces especially. It’s a lot like a Nemesis the Warlock panel.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Trad Moore owns and Luther Strode is a trip.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Archyduchess posted:

I kind of like it. The Philly Art Museum has a special exhibit going on right now of the 19th century ukiyo-e artist Yoshitoshi, a master of an art form I've never known much about. It was a really beautiful and eye opening exhibit, and one of the things that struck me was a really fluid and viscous treatment at times of the human body and its musculature. This sort of reminds me of that, the way his form seems really sort of amorphous and mutable. I guess it wouldn't work for every character in every style, but here I sort of dig it.

i can accept all of this while still not wanting to see silver surfer’s ball-free chode

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Or that general John K-style of hyper-detailing ab muscle. I didn't think that looked good in the late 80s/early 90s and it hasn't gotten better with age.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mind the walrus posted:

Or that general John K-style of hyper-detailing ab muscle. I didn't think that looked good in the late 80s/early 90s and it hasn't gotten better with age.

Is it supposed to look good? I had assumed there was some kind of force pulling at his body, like a mega black hole or something.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Big fan of Trad Moore. Just really vibrant energetic lines. That said, he's not the best fit for everything (imagine him on Saga for example) but he's mostly been played to his strengths this far.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah Luther Strode legit kicks rear end. It’s incredibly loving violent but it’s violence with a purpose and the art has this movement and kinetic energy to it it’s just a joy to read.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 13, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Is it supposed to look good? I had assumed there was some kind of force pulling at his body, like a mega black hole or something.

He is in a black hole. As for looking good, well, art is subjective, so that's up to you

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tradd drawing Radd is pretty rad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah Luther Strode legit kicks rear end. It’s incredibly loving violent but it’s violence with a purpose and the art has this movement and kinetic energy to it it’s just a joy to read.

How does that even work..? He was aiming down her scope, obviously, but the gun changed positions, so did the bullet reorient to specifically destroy her scope?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I love me some preternatural fighters who can turn people into raining giblets with a flick of their pinky, but the ballistics are just *all* wrong!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Fired at the perfect time to destroy bullet, and go down scope. Not fired at exactly the same angle, but close enough from the POV of impact. Something something bullets affected by gravity something actually travels in an arc something something comic books.

Alternatively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbtDPFM5fTI

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clearly he was aiming down the barrel to hit the oncoming bullet, not the scope. Hitting the scope afterward has to be due to deflection by the bullet collision.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

New Leaf posted:

How does that even work..? He was aiming down her scope, obviously, but the gun changed positions, so did the bullet reorient to specifically destroy her scope?

He let's off two shots. The first disintegrated along with the bullet it ricocheted with, the second is being fired in the other panel where you can see the two different colored bullet fragments blooming outward around it.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

a gun wizard did it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Nova #29: Nova's looking for his long-lost father

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TwoPair posted:

Nova #29: Nova's looking for his long-lost father

What a Fun Loving Criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No context anime!

Source: Hitomi-chan is shy with strangers