Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, will it matter? Nah. Is it dope and confirms everything we've been saaying about Lava-Jato forever? Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Not really sure about that, poo poo hit the fan HARD this time, and if they keep on with the leaking, with what audios and videos the Glennster alluded to, it might add up to more than the usual grumbling.

Dallagnol for instance is turbofucked as he's not part of the government. Moro is harder to chip at but we'll see...

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
It's big, but it would take an asteroid impact to make the system budge. It wasn't for anything that Romero Juca's leaked audio a few yearts back was bragging about "an accord with the courts, the army, EVERYONE" to do the impeachment and completely take over the machinery of power with the lowest, meanest crooks and perps.

Besides, asking our darling media to give up on both its wonderboy Sergio Moro -and- pension reform is way too mich. They would cover up a spanish flu pandemic to save their sacred cows if they had to.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Eh, Moro being scapegoated by Bolsonaro could also be possible. He served his purposed already so they wouldn't want to risk burn themselves by keeping him.

Also the "crime bill" isn't actually as unanimous as the pension reform or privatizations within the Right's coalition.

E: That being said even if Moro doesn't get hosed the chance that Lula will get a retrial or even be cleared of charges I think are pretty big considering how much of a miscarriage of justice this is.

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 03:24 on Jun 10, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Not sure why you guys are so against pension reform. It worked out stellar for Chile.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Eh, Moro being scapegoated by Bolsonaro could also be possible. He served his purposed already so they wouldn't want to risk burn themselves by keeping him.

I'm not sure of that. Moro was and is a big factor tying a portion of Brazil's former PSDB, 'centrist' anti-PT people at least tolerant of the government. My parents for instance despise Bolsonaro and nearly all of his crew, but were happy as pigs in poo poo when he appointed Moro.

Ejecting the hick judge will also show weakness, which his base utterly despises. Half the reason the elected him was to offend lefty sensibilities and never have to apologize again, so I'm betting he'll double down, pledge support to Moro and dare the cowardly courts and Congress to up the ante.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Plutonis posted:

E: That being said even if Moro doesn't get hosed the chance that Lula will get a retrial or even be cleared of charges I think are pretty big considering how much of a miscarriage of justice this is.

The whole justice system is clearly biased against PT, it doesn't matter. Everyone will double down with some flimsy excuse, because deep down they feel like they're doing A Good Thing because PT is the cancer etc etc.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Rumor floating around by the commentariat is that several politicians are freaking out afraid that communications between them and Moro might be released next.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

joepinetree posted:

Rumor floating around by the commentariat is that several politicians are freaking out afraid that communications between them and Moro might be released next.

If the Intercept people are smart, they'll do this like Turkey did with the Kashoggi murder by Saudi Arabia.

Release something, wait for the official denial, release a bit more to show they lied, rinse and repeat until it's clear to everyone what's going on, and also keep the story alive and in the spotlight for weeks.

Not that the Turkish government isn't vile, but the way they utterly trolled the KSA was a thing of beauty.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
My dream at this point is if there’s something in there that actually proves Moro is a FBI/CIA asset.

I assume he wouldn’t be that dumb, but...

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Also the "crime bill" isn't actually as unanimous as the pension reform or privatizations within the Right's coalition.

What is in the crime bill? :ohdear:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'm seeing a tepid response from certain news outlets, possibly trying to sidestep the whole thing.

G1 has an article full of "allegedly" and "according to..."

leading up to an amazing quote: "according to the intercept, the constitution says..."

that's how far away from the whole thing they want to be.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Globo is in a weird position, because they both want to condemn Bolsonaro and stay in the average anti-PT voter's good graces Moro and Lava Jato "fooled" a lot of people, so they don't wanna deal with this shitstorm at all

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Among other stuff it's going to make even easier for judges to avoid prosecuting cops who kill people by claiming self defense or that it was a hostage situation.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Lawman 0 posted:

he gon prohibit criminals from doing crimes

(actually judiciary uber alles)

in other news, Latuff's cartoon for today is overly garish, has too many elements, is a complete mess in arranging those and is basically unintelligible for people not closely keeping up with brazilian politics for the last few years

https://twitter.com/LatuffCartoons/status/1138058619692507136

faithful to the source material, basically

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

poo poo is full of gently caress, basically

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Among other stuff it's going to make even easier for judges to avoid prosecuting cops who kill people by claiming self defense or that it was a hostage situation.

Yikes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/LulaOficial/status/1137868175402524673

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I could use some loving good news every once in a while, jesus christ

with that in mind it's nice to see people contort themselves to try to rationalize Moro as being incorruptible now

Halser has issued a correction as of 20:09 on Jun 10, 2019

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Dias posted:

Globo is in a weird position, because they both want to condemn Bolsonaro and stay in the average anti-PT voter's good graces Moro and Lava Jato "fooled" a lot of people, so they don't wanna deal with this shitstorm at all

SiC is part owned by Globo, but the report was oddly more supportive of the Intercept? Which is totally unexpected on the same day they usually wheel in a Pro-Bolso commentator as well.

At least they actually mentioned the same of the site and actually said they revealed rather than their usual dance of "it was inferred on a website online somewhere that concepts were stated".

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

holy poo poo. is there an actual reaction against this or are the institutions so thoroughly corrupted and anti left that nothing will happen

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

mila kunis posted:

holy poo poo. is there an actual reaction against this or are the institutions so thoroughly corrupted and anti left that nothing will happen

:tootzzz:

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mila kunis posted:

well I was betting on moro getting to be the face of the regime after the golden shower coup on bolsonaro necessitated him resigning, but i guess it's the moron&co whos going be the one getting peed on instead

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
regime factions are probably going to use this as an excuse for settling internal power struggles and that'll be it. I don't think public corruption (even blatant like brazil) nowadays rarely leads to anything without a regime faction backing a purge

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Kurnugia posted:

regime factions are probably going to use this as an excuse for settling internal power struggles and that'll be it. I don't think public corruption (even blatant like brazil) nowadays rarely leads to anything without a regime faction backing a purge

i assume unless its left wingers doing the corruption, in which case they get coup'd

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mila kunis posted:

i assume unless its left wingers doing the corruption, in which case they get coup'd

Yeah!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Btw is anyone watching/watches that netflix show Bandidos na TV/Killer Ratings? Because goddamn it's a loving wild ride and even though that dude got nailed, that kind of exploitative tv show still infests the airwaves on every part of the country.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I'm pretty sure Datena is indirectly responsible for genocide at this point, he probably does have actual bodies buried somewhere.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

The Unnamed One posted:

I'm pretty sure Datena is indirectly responsible for genocide at this point, he probably does have actual bodies buried somewhere.

Read 'Rota 66' if you want to be scared and depressed.

TL;DR version: rear end in a top hat radio police-blotter DJ dramatized tons of poor brown people killed by police as terrible bloodthisrty criminals. Hundreds of them. A good chunk of his listeners were poor favela people, the very type being murdered, but they liked him because it felt real and they always thought it was happening to someone else.

Many times, one of their kids and relatives would be randomly killed by the cops on a sting, then have drugs/guns planted on them, and Afanasio (the DJ in question) would narrate (invent) all the rapes and murders they had gleefully comitted. Their families, big fans of the DJ, would go to the station with their deceased kin's files to say that he or she was just a worker and often a big fan of him as well. He'd throw them out and keep going.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Supreme Court is reviewing Lula's imprisonment, let's see if they turn yellow again...

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Supreme Court is reviewing Lula's imprisonment, let's see if they turn yellow again...

I'm sure there are a couple of army trucks driving lazily around the supreme court building today, just as a friendly reminder.....

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/zoesullnews/status/1138481750814986243

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/pablovillaca/status/1138881689504092161

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Ok this is pretty much a Start Pounding Joker moment.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1138911651980369920

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ty bern

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1138808234645626880

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Bernão!

E: Could’ve called him Bernardinho, but gently caress that guy

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

The Unnamed One posted:

Bernão!

E: Could’ve called him Bernardinho, but gently caress that guy

Berninho works.

And holy poo poo, seeing the PSL dopes tripping on their own limp dicks after realizing they were about to give a whistleblower a national audience and running to pull their own motion was worthy of Kafka.

Globo is closing ranks HARD around Moro and LavaJato, though. They will tolerate narratives that harm Bolsonaro and his loons, but is dead set on protecting the 'centrist' elements of the establishment so they can pick up the pieces nice this whole mess crashes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New conversation leaked, seems like Dallagnol had spoken in Moro's behalf to Supreme Court Minister Luis Fux and the latter has been working in their favor...

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Plutonis posted:

New conversation leaked, seems like Dallagnol had spoken in Moro's behalf to Supreme Court Minister Luis Fux and the latter has been working in their favor...

Holy poo poo.

Our prophet Romero Jucá is not mocked!

"With the Surpeme Court, with everyone on board" gospel of Jucá, 5:16

EDIT: also, may be time to change the thread's tagline to In Fux We Trust. Just saying.

Sephyr has issued a correction as of 02:18 on Jun 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1138974311417618433

It IS going to be a protracted campaign of rubbing Moro's face against the asphalt.

Also apparently some VEJA reporter called Celso Russomano, who unbelievably proceeded to butt-accept-call during a meeting with Moro, who said there "will be more victims" from the leaks

https://twitter.com/VEJA/status/1138940289979207681

You really can't make this stuff up