Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kalas posted:

AlchemistNPC has a point and click universal teleport (one shot) that puts you anywhere you want on the map.

There's also beacon teleport mods, and the base game has teleport pads you can set up to go anywhere.

true, but i like journeymap's function to just automatically put a waypoint anywhere you die so you can easily go back to wherever you were. especially since i always play with keepinventory on no matter what, anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Thorium at least, maybe other mods, has an item that creates a one-shot teleport to your last death location if you have it in your inventory when you die.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/magic-storage.56294/page-50#post-1623908

I can't guarantee this even works, as I haven't tried it myself, but it seems someone made an unofficial update to Magic Storage. It comes with a bunch of new features listed in the post, but what stood out to me most was being able to "quick stack" just like you can with chests, depositing only items from your inventory that are already in storage. It also has cross-compatibility with Item Checklist so you can see a list of crafts the game assumes you've unlocked based on what base ingredients you've seen so far (it'll even calculate intermediary crafts for you).

Lots of other features too though. Assuming it works, might be worth updating if you use the mod.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Thorium at least, maybe other mods, has an item that creates a one-shot teleport to your last death location if you have it in your inventory when you die.

I think Calamity has an unlimited version of that, or it may be the one you mentioned.

Also LUIafk has the enhanced recall potions that can recall home then warp you back to where you used it from.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/magic-storage.56294/page-50#post-1623908

I can't guarantee this even works, as I haven't tried it myself, but it seems someone made an unofficial update to Magic Storage. It comes with a bunch of new features listed in the post, but what stood out to me most was being able to "quick stack" just like you can with chests, depositing only items from your inventory that are already in storage. It also has cross-compatibility with Item Checklist so you can see a list of crafts the game assumes you've unlocked based on what base ingredients you've seen so far (it'll even calculate intermediary crafts for you).

Lots of other features too though. Assuming it works, might be worth updating if you use the mod.

that mod posted:

30 crafting stations instead of 10,
Sweet, that was always a problem, at least until you could get one of whatever "every mundane/vanilla crafting station" things your mod setup has.

And oh poo poo, this is also nice:

that mod posted:

You can freely take new weapons, tools, armor and equipment "for demo" but only once (it's not in the "new" list afterwise). Those items are removed on death and while you have them with you incoming damage is 5x multipled. Also they cost 0 coins if you try to sell them. Use right click on "Craft" button. The last feature is available only in single player.

So you can tell which of the seven hundred available weapons is actually worth making! :dance:

Kalas posted:

Also LUIafk has the enhanced recall potions that can recall home then warp you back to where you used it from.
That thing is great, yeah. You can hop home to dump off your full inventory of mod-specific crafting materials and then go back to what you were doing instead of having to trek all the way across the map.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
A way to demo/test weapons and equipment should be a vanilla feature. When it's pricy (and has no upgrades) I tend to just Cheat Sheet one in to see if it's worth using before I commit to crafting, personally.

Also I wish I'd found out that Fargo's Souls Mod had an option to toggle every single effect individually. There's one in particular from a conglomerated soul I've been using where melee weapons can remove knockback resistance from enemies. This is not even remotely intended in the base game so while it's nice to be able to keep some more aggressive enemies at bay, it absolutely destroys the AI on some bosses. Plantera and Duke Fishron, for instance, can be kept at bay with a steady stream of damage. They literally can't close the gap because they're now vulnerable to knockback like a regular zombie would be and they just flail uselessly in your direction. Didn't test it, but probably works on Dungeon Guardians too. Being able to disable that was a nice way to get the game back to some semblance of normalcy.
There's another one that adds a really particle-heavy and seemingly infinite "super bleed" effect that I also turned off, mostly because it was confusing, distracting, and wound up hitting so many enemies at once it would sometimes slow the game.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Vib Rib posted:

I literally mentioned magic storage in that post.

Reading is hard sometimes.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Vib Rib posted:

There's one in particular from a conglomerated soul I've been using where melee weapons can remove knockback resistance from enemies. This is not even remotely intended in the base game so while it's nice to be able to keep some more aggressive enemies at bay, it absolutely destroys the AI on some bosses. Plantera and Duke Fishron, for instance, can be kept at bay with a steady stream of damage. They literally can't close the gap because they're now vulnerable to knockback like a regular zombie would be and they just flail uselessly in your direction. Didn't test it, but probably works on Dungeon Guardians too. Being able to disable that was a nice way to get the game back to some semblance of normalcy.

Hm. What about a mod that makes knockback weapons so if they can't knockback your target, they knockback YOU instead?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
for it's eighth anniversary Terraria gains lore

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Okay, that's pretty weak honestly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Elements of the Hallow fighting against the Corruption, colorized (1905)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

So the Mechanic NPC is the one who built the robot bosses? That's pretty funny.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The lore is unnecessary but it's bland and inoffensive enough to not matter. I can appreciate the Mechanic being responsible for the mech bosses I guess.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Ehh, I’m fine with the lore being mostly outside of the game. Not like it needs it. If they were to add anything, it would be cool to find some hints in ruined shrines or dungeons. That’s already there kind of with the dungeon and lizarhard temple but it could be fleshed out a bit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i always thought it was best without. terraria is a game where you make your own story

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Yeah. The whole sandbox thing makes it very ill-suited to getting an official story. After all, all that happens in Terraria is that there are zombies and eyeballs at night, slimes by day. Anything worse than that happens as a result of player action.

Breaking heart crystals and using them to get more health is what causes the Eye of Cthulhu to appear, breaking shadow orbs/crimson hearts is what awakes the eater of world/brain of cthulhu and summons a meteorite, entering hardmode requires the player sacrificing their Guide, and so on. The only "altruistic" boss fight in the game is defeating Skeletron to free an old man from a curse. If you never raid the Lizard temple, the cultists never appear; if you never disturb the Cultists, the celestial pillars never arrive, if you don't destroy the celestial pillars the Moonlord never comes, and so on. And if you die and lose a fight against a boss, nothing bad happens to the world, the boss just goes away and despawn while you get to respawn 10 seconds later and can try again.

There are sound gameplay reasons for that, so all players can do what they want, progress at whatever pace they want, you can speedrun the boss chain in less than an hour or you can focusing on building stuff and never even bother entering hardmode. It's great and gives the players a lot of freedom and the ability to replay the game in a completely different way. But it's not really compatible with an external storyline that doesn't really make sense anyway.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I liked it better when the story was Bloodborne But With Blocks

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah. The whole sandbox thing makes it very ill-suited to getting an official story. After all, all that happens in Terraria is that there are zombies and eyeballs at night, slimes by day. Anything worse than that happens as a result of player action.

Breaking heart crystals and using them to get more health is what causes the Eye of Cthulhu to appear, breaking shadow orbs/crimson hearts is what awakes the eater of world/brain of cthulhu and summons a meteorite, entering hardmode requires the player sacrificing their Guide, and so on. The only "altruistic" boss fight in the game is defeating Skeletron to free an old man from a curse. If you never raid the Lizard temple, the cultists never appear; if you never disturb the Cultists, the celestial pillars never arrive, if you don't destroy the celestial pillars the Moonlord never comes, and so on. And if you die and lose a fight against a boss, nothing bad happens to the world, the boss just goes away and despawn while you get to respawn 10 seconds later and can try again.

There are sound gameplay reasons for that, so all players can do what they want, progress at whatever pace they want, you can speedrun the boss chain in less than an hour or you can focusing on building stuff and never even bother entering hardmode. It's great and gives the players a lot of freedom and the ability to replay the game in a completely different way. But it's not really compatible with an external storyline that doesn't really make sense anyway.

What I'm taking from this is that the player is basically destroying an otherwise pristine world :haw:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Cat Mattress posted:

Calamity tries to square the "infinitely respawning player" as a lore piece in the world, to the point where the final super boss talks to you(in text, of course) and acknowledges that no matter how many times she kills you you can never truly die, so why don't you just give up and save you both a lot of bother? The lyrics of the vocal theme for the penultimate boss, Yharon, are Yharon talking to his master about how there's no loving way the player can be stopped and how Yharon's master can't really win the fight on a permanent basis but Yharon is gonna try his best anyway.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I really want to start a fresh run but my gut tells me to wait until the next patch. I hope it comes out soon.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

New teaser for 1.3.6:
https://twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/1130601388134866945

e: I once knew how to embed tweets in here, but it's either changed or I forgot.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

You just post the link and then stuff does it for you. There's a bunch of browser stuff that can break it though, privacy extensions or firefox's built in tracking protection stop it for some reason.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Zereth posted:

You just post the link and then stuff does it for you. There's a bunch of browser stuff that can break it though, privacy extensions or firefox's built in tracking protection stop it for some reason.

Ahh, I recently turned on firefox's built in tracking protection, so that was why. Thanks!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

You can whitelist twitter specifically somehow but I'm not sure how.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Folks there was a mod some pages back where you could like change the world? I used it to easily get past the Wall of Flesh which I hate and on to hard mode. Can anyone help me with the name? Much appreciated!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Skipping the Wall of Flesh would have some weird consequences for progression, since you need the hammer it drops to make the early hardmode ores. perhaps get the cheat sheet mod and cheat up a Guide doll (or a "summon the wall without doing that poo poo" item if you have a mod with one) and a top-tier wepaon and chump it near instantly, then drop the weapon in to the lava?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's probably either Cheat Sheet or Hero's Mod.

Wall of Flesh isn't that hard to beat legitimately, prepare the terrain a bit so you can move without being afraid of lava, get some buff potions from your stash, and prepare a stock of beenades.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yeah you mostly need the ability to keep walking away from it without much interruption. Obisidan Skin and Water Walking or building a bridge over the lava and knocking holes in the obstacles so things are level or slops you can walk up/down is good enough.

Or you can spawn a S.D.M.G. and a pile of some ammo with piercing and kill it without moving an inch if you hate it that much.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I think it was Hero's Mod. What is SDMG? I've never gotten past the Golem in this game, maybe it's time :).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mayveena posted:

I think it was Hero's Mod. What is SDMG? I've never gotten past the Golem in this game, maybe it's time :).

Space Dolphin Machine Gun

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The actual item name is "S.D.M.G" I believe, which is important if you're trying to get it out of the cheat item spawner

It drops form the Moon Lord, and it's basically a Megashark on steroids

EDIT: I'm not kidding about the "kill the Wall without running away from it at all" with it, either, I've done that when trying to make a big ol' combo accessory that needs, early in the combination tree, parts from the Wall

Zereth fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 3, 2019

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77Zfzy4LWw

1.4 trailer.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Hope calamity revengence mode has prepared me for master, eater of worlds looked absurd tho

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Is Master Expert+, or Hardmode+?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zereth posted:

Is Master Expert+, or Hardmode+?

Hardmode+ would be what, post-moonlord? That's something they said they didn't want to do. Besides the master mode segment of the vid showed people getting murdered by the EoW (early game), WoF (midgame), and ML (end game). So it doesn't correspond to a specific point in a playthrough.

Expert+ is more likely. I figure the worldgen interface that shows three buttons for everything except world mode gets a third button there after you've completed an expert playthrough or unlocked all achievements or something like this.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
ChippyGaming, one of the oldest Terraria youtube guys, was one of the two people wh oworked on that trailer, and put out a video describing and explaining what he knew in each scene. He said he specifically asked to be in the dark on anything that isn't in the trailer, so as not to be spoiled himself. He said going off the numbers in the footage, Master mode is about a 30% increase in life on the bosses from Expert.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Araxxor posted:

1.4 trailer.
Gonna be honest, the thing I'm most interested in is the golf. It's just got me wondering about so much.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm kind of amazed terraria has gone on this long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

370 damage is absurd.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm kind of amazed terraria has gone on this long

Same, even if I am I glad that it has.