Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Excelzior posted:

Tangent : does anybody still even manually delete the footage? Just shoot the drat box :shrug:

I have a personal rule that states shooting the box is fine *if I haven't been recorded yet*, otherwise I manually remove the footage. Justification being that 47 would make sure to scrub the data before shooting a bullet through the drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

double nine posted:

I have a personal rule that states shooting the box is fine *if I haven't been recorded yet*, otherwise I manually remove the footage. Justification being that 47 would make sure to scrub the data before shooting a bullet through the drive.

haha, so I'm not the only crazy person, that's a relief

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Colorado and Sgail left for master SASO....

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Excelzior posted:

Tangent : does anybody still even manually delete the footage? Just shoot the drat box :shrug:

I do whenever possible, because I love the sparks. How exactly does 47 short out a security system just by typing on a keyboard a bit?

I'm now wondering if manually deleting footing will cause a ruptured propane tank to explode. I might test that later for fun.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Shooting the evidence recorder makes noise which you might not want; it's not worth the risk in the Vanisher's room in Santa Fortuna, for example.

TheBystander posted:

I'm now wondering if manually deleting footing will cause a ruptured propane tank to explode. I might test that later for fun.
It might. I know for a fact that swiping a Key Hacker in a keypad lock will generate sparks that can set off propane.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

TheBystander posted:

Confirmed:

https://imgur.com/a/cYKwTEK

ETA: Also confirmed: I don't know how to add MP4s from Imgur.

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 11, 2019

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I just used Hitman Roulette, and now I kind of want to do the ETs (my first time with either of them, as a somewhat latecomer) using these guidelines.

World of Tomorrow
Start: Main Square Tower
Silvio Caruso: Circumcision Knife as Bodyguard
Francesca De Santis: Old Axe as Private Detective
Exit: Speedboat (Pier)

Do not use firearms as distractions or to destroy objects.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Confirmed:

https://imgur.com/a/cYKwTEK

ETA: Also confirmed: I don't know how to add MP4s from Imgur.

this is the greatest thing

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

TheBystander posted:

I do whenever possible, because I love the sparks. How exactly does 47 short out a security system just by typing on a keyboard a bit?

I assume he has a stuxnet flash drive (not seen), but he has to boot the program using a terminal command.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
47 is just typing "HEWWOW? CAN YOU HEWP ME?" into console

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dr Cheeto posted:

47 is just typing "HEWWOW? CAN YOU HEWP ME?" into console

He's writing Gob's program

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
The new suit we are getting with the DLC looks bad. The person who designed it should feel bad.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lollerich posted:

The new suit we are getting with the DLC looks bad. The person who designed it should feel bad.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-the-bank/

I can't decide if I like it or not yet. Gonna have to see how it looks from behind, I think.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Gonna have to see how it looks from behind, I think.
Completely naked.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I think the remote flash device has some possibilities, but not sure how different it will be from the robot.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Suit looks cool IMO.

Anyway I did the 2 dudes in Italy SA without looking stuff up and never having done either of them before.
The tourguide talking about a wine cellar and the other one being in an office with a chandelier worked out fine.

Then I looked up a guide and welp, that's what 2 of them did. :shepface:

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

I took out all the guards in the security room above Bravuomo's office, then dropped the chandelier on the target.
The second one, I followed around a while, then took out his guards and distracted the one maid that was on her phone outside (coin), then kicked him off the balcony/railing (whatever).
I used all kinds of disguises, coins everything it felt liberating do do something like an elusive target without restricting myself in any way. I really enjoyed doing this without having to worry about SA too because I already had the suit, and I still got SA :D

Overall, for me at least this was a pretty good elusive target.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Lollerich posted:

I think the remote flash device has some possibilities, but not sure how different it will be from the robot.
There are going to be a few key differences:
  • Remote devices are always illegal, whereas Lil' Flashy is not. This has pros and cons. The con is that civilians won't get too close to it and will go tell a guard about it, but the pro is that guards will walk right up to it to try and retrieve it, potentially giving you the opportunity to flash a guard by report-luring him.
  • Remote devices can be stuck to surfaces, including walls and ceilings; Lil' Flashy cannot. There are sometimes situations where hiding something behind an object or at the right level on a wall is useful.
  • Remote devices can be placed into briefcases and detonated while inside. This may or may not work as intended with all devices, but if it does work normally you might be able to flash a civilian who picks up a briefcase and the guard he brings it to without anyone noticing it's illegal. Or just flash a guard who is carrying a briefcase back to a weapon box at an opportune time after he's walked it away from the eyes of others.
It's not as useful as the robot and arguably not as useful as the Magnesium Pouch, but it will have its applications.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Completely naked.

Business in the front, party in the back.

It's illegal to some NPCs depending on which side is facing them, like the Soviet/USA flag outfit in MGS3.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to clear some easy challenges and started on escalations, but the 5-part ones are super annoying. I'm doing the same thing 5 times and there's no way to speed them up. Most of the time they're not even interesting and sometimes they're just unfair :argh:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

orcane posted:

I'm trying to clear some easy challenges and started on escalations, but the 5-part ones are super annoying. I'm doing the same thing 5 times and there's no way to speed them up. Most of the time they're not even interesting and sometimes they're just unfair :argh:

Luckily, they eventually got that message, and all the new ones created since this game released are 3 parters.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

orcane posted:

What I do with the challenges is do 2-3 stages of them and then leave the final stage(s) for later so I don't get too mad at them. Keep moving, don't get burned out, etc.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

elf help book posted:

Luckily, they eventually got that message, and all the new ones created since this game released are 3 parters.

My first experience was the one for the silenced sniper rifle in Hitman 2016, the first part is sort of pointless but at least the entire thing is quick and easy.

I just played some of the tutorial mission escalations and those are very bad :eek:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

elf help book posted:

Yeah, they really streamlined them in a good way. No more level 1: kill dude, level 2: with this weapon. Now it's just level 1: Kill this dude with this weapon.

Brings me to wonder, what are people's favorite escalations (can be from both games)? I like the one on Whittleton Creek with the poisoning.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zedd posted:

Yeah, they really streamlined them in a good way. No more level 1: kill dude, level 2: with this weapon. Now it's just level 1: Kill this dude with this weapon.

Brings me to wonder, what are people's favorite escalations (can be from both games)? I like the one on Whittleton Creek with the poisoning.

I liked the one in Sapienza that was just "land sick headshots on five people in ten seconds and don't gently caress it up" :v:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Probably going to pick up the Season Pass now that it's on sale. Is there anything I missed out on from not paying full price months ago?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Probably going to pick up the Season Pass now that it's on sale. Is there anything I missed out on from not paying full price months ago?
Nope.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

orcane posted:

My first experience was the one for the silenced sniper rifle in Hitman 2016, the first part is sort of pointless but at least the entire thing is quick and easy.

I just played some of the tutorial mission escalations and those are very bad :eek:

They are indeed very bad.

Very very bad.

Most of the ones they introduced later were very much not that bad, even the less good ones.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Zedd posted:

The one in Miami where you're getting up to mechanic shenanigans in the garages was so fun, once I figured out how it could be done, that I went back and did it again, a day later, once I'd already beaten it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

EimiYoshikawa posted:

They are indeed very bad.

Very very bad.

Most of the ones they introduced later were very much not that bad, even the less good ones.

Just a quick post to reiterate that the sticky pistol Miami one where you have to kill the two second floor guys with accidents is the thing that made me not do any escalations forever because of how dogshit it is

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Just a quick post to reiterate that the sticky pistol Miami one where you have to kill the two second floor guys with accidents is the thing that made me not do any escalations forever because of how dogshit it is

oh god war flashbacks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

EimiYoshikawa posted:

The one in Miami where you're getting up to mechanic shenanigans in the garages was so fun, once I figured out how it could be done, that I went back and did it again, a day later, once I'd already beaten it.

Yeah that's probably my favorite escalation, granted I haven't done any of the ones they've added recently

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Before I accidentally waste $60: the thing to buy which gives you the extra maps is the "season pass" which is actually called the "Hitman 2 Expansion Pass" on the PS Store? Correct?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, just quickly - can anyone tell me when the double-ET goes until? (I'm at work at present and they've blocked ioi, and I'm hoping I still have time...since I'm waiting on a replacement graphics card at present)

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I just finished it an hour ago, and there was ~80 hours remaining.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Ah, thank god! I'll actually get a chance to play it! :D Can't wait for the bank map to come out, too.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Heads up to people looking to buy the expansion pass for PC play: It's a lot cheaper on key sites than on Steam itself, and lots of them, including Kinguin for example, are non-shady enough to actually use

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

The Mash posted:

Heads up to people looking to buy the expansion pass for PC play: It's a lot cheaper on key sites than on Steam itself, and lots of them, including Kinguin for example, are non-shady enough to actually use

Lol, Kinguin is up there with G2A being the most shady better known key sites around.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Bah, expansion pass did not get a discount in the EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Elusive targets are bullshit and every so-called "easy silent assassin" tutorial video that relies on pixel-perfect coin tosses and split-second timing are even more bullshit. I loving failed but at that point I was just glad to see it over and done with. Fifteen loving minutes of sitting and waiting for this rear end in a top hat to drink a glass of wine he was supposedly "guaranteed" to drink from, unable to restart because I'd dropped a chandelier on the other guy and somehow managed to lose silent assassin despite nobody loving seeing me do it.