Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

The new Battletoads look like poo poo. And it looks like a bad game.

The old Battletoads looked awesome. It may have been the best looking NES game. And it was a great game. It was just hard as balls.

I would say that Battletoads is the significantly lesser evil of the 2 zombie franchise revivals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ZD9_tLwgA:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I would say that Battletoads is the significantly lesser evil of the 2 zombie franchise revivals

Oh my god I wish you had not shown me this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Magnitogorsk. posted:

I mean, aren't half of steam purchases people buying something because its on a crazy deal and then never playing it?

Half?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sid Vicious posted:

Oh my god I wish you had not shown me this

If I have to suffer so do you bub

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Rutibex posted:

if thats the case he put the wrong price on his game. if you can make more profit by lowing your price and getting more customers you should do that, its economics 101. especially with something like software, where there is no manufacturing/shipping costs.

A $5 game is less attractive than a $10 game that's on sale for $5. The world is much more complicated than the simple models you consider in econ 101.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

A $5 game is less attractive than a $10 game that's on sale for $5. The world is much more complicated than the simple models you consider in econ 101.

What game is this? I don't want to miss out on the sale.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What game is this? I don't want to miss out on the sale.

Bad Rats

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Plus econ 101 says you start with the high price then lower it or offer sales. Same number of total sales, but everyone pays the highest point they are willing to pay

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Essentially there are multiple market strata perusing anything online. Most fiction books online go for like $10, but there's a giant market to exploit if you're willing to sell your fiction for $1 (and especially if you are willing to make it about having sex with robots, Bigfoot, and tyrannosaurs, as one does).

Most of the people reading this thread are probably waiting for AAA games to go to 75% off, at which point they slam the buy button. But there are people who just buy random poo poo off the Steam dollar menu because it's a dollar. Those latter people are keeping several very small-scale developers (and first-timers just loving around with Unity) in the game.

Anyway, not only are people more like to impulse buy at "50% off," the site you are selling supports you when you do that by putting you on a list of sale items.

There are multiple models, including releasing free expansions for a thing that still costs money to increase the value proposition and attract more customers.

Signed,

A guy who sells stuff on drivethrurpg and uses it to pay utilities from time to time

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Possible unpopular opinion but a 101 level understanding of anything is pretty lovely and shouldn't be thought of as practical ever

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

mind the walrus posted:

Anyway unpopular opinion: OG Xbox was leagues better than the 360-- better interface, better controller, better titles (especially for the time), and the only reason it isn't remembered fondly is because the PS2 just happened to be that much better.

:agreed:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

signalnoise posted:

Possible unpopular opinion but a 101 level understanding of anything is pretty lovely and shouldn't be thought of as practical ever

seems like a simplistic view

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vjVetZPpM

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lol nerds melting down over a game that they'll never play will never not be funny

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if it's anything like witcher 3 i will buy cyberpunk_2420 and then play it for about three hours

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

lol nerds melting down over a game that they'll never play will never not be funny

And nerds posting they're smugly chortling to themselves will never not be sad.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

The White Dragon posted:

if it's anything like witcher 3 i will buy cyberpunk_2420 and then play it for about three hours

Witcher 3 was a good game but it really didn't grab me unfortunately. I kept looking for quests or characters to care about but they never showed up. I do like sci-fi dystopias and cyborgs more than gritty polish fantasy settings though, so I still have high hopes for Cyberpunk

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That game is surprisingly fun. I picked it up for like $2 and got around 5 hours of enjoyment out of it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

And nerds posting they're smugly chortling to themselves will never not be sad.

Amazing self-own lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

QuarkJets posted:

Amazing self-own lol

You mad? Huh little bitch?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

QuarkJets posted:

Quoting this at mild risk of increasing its popularity.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Rutibex posted:

if thats the case he put the wrong price on his game. if you can make more profit by lowing your price and getting more customers you should do that, its economics 101. especially with something like software, where there is no manufacturing/shipping costs.

economists use "economics 101" as shorthand for models that are flawed bc they completely ignore human behaviour so yes, yes it is economics 101

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Witcher 3 was a good game but it really didn't grab me unfortunately. I kept looking for quests or characters to care about but they never showed up. I do like sci-fi dystopias and cyborgs more than gritty polish fantasy settings though, so I still have high hopes for Cyberpunk

Fun fact, humans arrived in Witcherworld about a thousand years ago via an interdimensional portal, so the setting is technically a sci-fi dystopia

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

2house2fly posted:

Fun fact, humans arrived in Witcherworld about a thousand years ago via an interdimensional portal, so the setting is technically a sci-fi dystopia

Look at this nerd who read the books.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just think its funny that suddenly people care about the rights of polish workers because of video games. Like, you don't care about polish work hours. I know you don't, of course you don't, you have enough to worry about. But for some reason if it touches video games its politics that is so important to you that it precludes you from buying a game haha.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Clearly we should march on Poland, take over, and free them from their work.

What could possibly go wrong?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I hate that people find the idea of workers being mistreated offputting. It really grinds my gears. Just play the video game instead of dwelling on human beings, idiots.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

2house2fly posted:

I hate that people find the idea of workers being mistreated offputting. It really grinds my gears. Just play the video game instead of dwelling on human beings, idiots.

Try to be home when your iPhone arrives from Amazon

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Clearly we should march on Poland, take over, and free them from their work.

What could possibly go wrong?

With their work, hans! With!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sid Vicious posted:

lol

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

I prefer my organic ethically sourced phone. It's cool though I got it from Aliexpress probably nothing wrong with that.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 11, 2019

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Duck and Cover posted:

I prefer my organic ethically sourced phone.

You prefer to keep giving Bezos money and none of what you say about Polish programmers plights has any weight behind it retard

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

You prefer to keep giving Bezos money and none of what you say about Polish programmers plights has any weight behind it retard

Don't call people retards. I like how people will do anything in their power to attack the person merely saying "hey company x is poo poo maybe think about that before supporting (by purchasing their products)". Man what a buzz kill! Well he buys things on Amazon from time to time guess I can continue not feeling bad for supporting bad companies!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 11, 2019

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

just sipping on my organic pesticide free fair trade video games

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Duck and Cover posted:

Don't call people retards. I like how people will do anything in their power to attack the person merely saying "hey company x is poo poo maybe think about that before supporting (by purchasing their products)". Man what a buzz kill! Well he buys things on Amazon from time to time guess I can continue not feeling bad for supporting bad companies!

Shut up retard

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

shut up

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

Shut up retard

Don't call people retards.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

Don't call people retards.

Maybe you should stop being so retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
cuck and cover i don't even think you play video games you just post about not buying them

Caesar Saladin posted:

Maybe you should stop being so retarded

lol