Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Duck and Cover posted:

Don't call people retards.

I'm.entitled to it due to being retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

cuck and cover i don't even think you play video games you just post about not buying them

I've always been the type to play some games a lot. In these modern days I find very few games that really grab me like UT/Nox/Myth 2 did in the past. Let's see though as far as my terrible choice in modern games go I have the following on my laptops desktop. Played to various degrees.

Path of Exile (I don't generally play this on the laptop but I can make trades)
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (unnecessarily juvenile setting but I did enjoy the game play)
Into the Breach (good)
Dead Cells (good)
Kingdom Rush Frontier (I like the idea of tower defense but the ones available seem to always suck)
Slay the Spire (good)
Cuphead (good)
Sunless Skies (gently caress you game all you had to do was be pretty/good story Escape Velocity but noooo instead you're so loving slow)
Circle Empires (not good, but whatever)
Baba is You (good but I'm not smart enough)
Forts
Neoverse (I don't think I've even opened this)
Minion Masters.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 11, 2019

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Oh no wonder you said don't say retarded,you're definitely autistic with that list

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

not even one anime game on that list, what a shameful list

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

Baba is You (good but I'm not smart enough)

drat, son

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The White Dragon posted:

cuck and cover

:eyepop:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To stay ethical, instead of playing games I just play with myself.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Clancy Brown and Lance Henriksen fuckin owned in Detroit, but then they own in literally everything they do.

Mass Effect Andromeda was a waste of Clancy Brown's time. gently caress.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

veni veni veni posted:

To stay ethical, instead of playing games I just play with myself.

So you work from home op?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
as far as consumerist ethics go, I mainly focus on two areas: shibboleths that indicate out-group status and shibboleths that indicate in-group status

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im more hype for the FF8 remaster than the FF7 remake

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Barudak posted:

:same:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Barudak posted:

only if they get david boreanez to play squall and give triple triad multiplayer support bc I'm a garbage fire of a person

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

triple triad multiplayer support

Good news, friend: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/contentsguide/goldsaucer/tripletriad/

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Duck and Cover posted:

I've always been the type to play some games a lot. In these modern days

god drat you are a loving dweeb

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

christmas boots posted:

So you work from home op?

i've noticed that an increasing number of goons have taken jobs as stay at home retard masturbators. some have even gone professional. it's dirty work, but someone has to write all the articles for kotaku and polygon.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

signalnoise posted:

god drat you are a loving dweeb

By golly that's not a nice thing to say. Let me get the soap for that dirty mouth! I think you're really going to drive yourself nuts if you feel obligated to criticize me when I phrase things strangely as I do so with a decent amount of regularity. Also this is the unpopular video game opinions thread and not the "popular opinions towards Duck and Cover" thread maybe keep the attempted insults down to a minimum?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hit him in the butt with your steampunk top hat to teach him a lesson.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Hit him in the butt with your steampunk top hat to teach him a lesson.

Would such a top hat make me better at video games? I kind of like the steampunk aesthetic in video games but that doesn't yet extend to my personal "fashion".

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Barudak posted:

The only final fantasy I ever played was ff8 so yeah same. I named the main dude "Crow" though for some reason. I think he wore black with feathers and I thought why not.

Turns out most people stuck with the default name.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Duck and Cover posted:

By golly that's not a nice thing to say. Let me get the soap for that dirty mouth! I think you're really going to drive yourself nuts if you feel obligated to criticize me when I phrase things strangely as I do so with a decent amount of regularity. Also this is the unpopular video game opinions thread and not the "popular opinions towards Duck and Cover" thread maybe keep the attempted insults down to a minimum?

Sshhhhhh

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

The only final fantasy I ever played was ff8 so yeah same. I named the main dude "Crow" though for some reason. I think he wore black with feathers and I thought why not.

Turns out most people stuck with the default name.

For a funny gag, rename your lion amulet or whatever it is to "hugecock" for a funny bit of dialogue 45 hours later!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

sebmojo posted:

Sshhhhhh

unpopular opinion sebmojo's av looks like Stark from the Shadowrun game on Genesis

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The Pirate Captain posted:

For a funny gag, rename your lion amulet or whatever it is to "hugecock" for a funny bit of dialogue 45 hours later!

See also: naming your favourite food in Earthbound

Kopitar
May 21, 2009
FF7 wasn't good at all, too many cut scenes

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

Don't call people retards.

we elected a retarded president, ableism is over

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kopitar posted:

FF7 wasn't good at all, too many cut scenes

Wish theyda cut more scenes lmao.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite FF boss music is The Extreme.

My favorite JRPG is Vagrant Story. Even with the box puzzles. I would sacrifice a thousand FF remakes for another Vagrant Story.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

Witcher 3 was a good game but it really didn't grab me unfortunately. I kept looking for quests or characters to care about but they never showed up. I do like sci-fi dystopias and cyborgs more than gritty polish fantasy settings though, so I still have high hopes for Cyberpunk

I feel like there's a game in Witcher 3 that I'd love. The first few hours just feel like walking through a pool of mud to get to it, though. I've played about 3 hours of it over the year+ I've owned it. Every few months I get a little further every time I launch it. I keep hoping that maybe I'll hit a stride like I did with Breath of the Wild.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Horizon: Zero Dawn is boring (mainly due to open world)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

tuo posted:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is boring (mainly due to open world)

I didn't find the open world boring but the plot was.

Then you read on here about people saying "the horizon story was awesome and kept me playing" and you realise that other people are playing videogames for very different reasons.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

internet celebrity posted:

Mario Maker 2 is going to be the best game on the Switch

Updating this scalding hot take now that e3 is over.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I didn't find the open world boring but the plot was.

Then you read on here about people saying "the horizon story was awesome and kept me playing" and you realise that other people are playing videogames for very different reasons.

The story itself is a pretty standard heroes journey but the backstory is awesome.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

The story itself is a pretty standard heroes journey but the backstory is awesome.

:yeah:

post-apocalyptic games are a dime a dozen nowadays, but I'm a sucker for when they actually have an interesting reason for how/why the world got hosed beyond "world war 3" or "zombies"

I'm not even a huge fan of that type of game but Horizon literally drew me in because of "wait why the hell are the machines now animals that act like actual animals"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Avengers and Bloodlines 2 both look bad.

I don't even know if those are hot takes, I haven't really paid attention to the e3 coverage.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

is pepsi ok posted:

Avengers and Bloodlines 2 both look bad.

I don't even know if those are hot takes, I haven't really paid attention to the e3 coverage.

I mean, Bloodlines 1 looked pretty poo poo (even for it's time) too, but it seems like Tim Cain feels good about how Mitsoda is handling it game-wise so I'll give it a shot.

Avengers looks like they forgot to budget in the likeness licensing an were like "oh gently caress, well hit "random" on the character creator, match the hair, and roll with it I guess."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

Avengers looks like they forgot to budget in the likeness licensing an were like "oh gently caress, well hit "random" on the character creator, match the hair, and roll with it I guess."

To be completely fair the likeness rights must cost a small fortune at this point.

Most of the games at E3 looked bland because we've hit a plateau in leaps forward in graphics/UI fidelity so now games have to sell themselves on gameplay and not spectacle... which AAA games are uniformly bad at doing.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

As usual the indies are where the action's at. Telling Lies, Cris Tales, and Under A Porcelain Sun look more interesting than any of the AAAs I saw at e3 save Cyberpunk.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

I mean, Bloodlines 1 looked pretty poo poo (even for it's time)

It looked good for a 2004 game, was running on a very advance engine even if it wasn't as good as HL2 it was still better than a lot of other games at the time with its shaders, models and other material effects (animations weren't that good though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
The good game Skyrim has a wildly underappreciated soundtrack.