Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

No Secret of Evermore, no peace.

Know Secret of Evermore, know peace.

Or at least know a very strange but weirdly fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there will never be SNES games on the online service

they've given up on virtual console. you all need to give up on virtual console too

it's NES games forever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus I thought the yelling Bethesda guy was embarrassing

https://twitter.com/mermorph/status/1138487952840024064?s=19

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Necrodancer is $4.
HK is $7.50.
Celesete is $13ish.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 11, 2019

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

SettingSun posted:

I am absolutely going to buy 70% of what they've shown so I'd say it was a pretty good presentation. Trials of Mana was a legit surprise, and straight out of my childhood wishes, so I'm a little biased regardless.

There's at least one new game for the Switch I want every month through at least like November, often two. I'm just glad that my coin jar probably has like $40 in it so I can get bloodstained and pretend the only real money I'm spending this month is on mario maker :shepface:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I forced Squeenix to finally translate SoM2 by buying the Japanese version of the collection 2 years ago guys, fyi.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Healbot posted:

I forced Squeenix to finally translate SoM2 by buying the Japanese version of the collection 2 years ago guys, fyi.

Arigato

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hm... maybe I'll get a voucher. How long do we have to decide? I'm obviously getting Link's Awakening and I was strongly considering DQ XI, but I can sit on that one for far far longer.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'll have to do a breakdown later but apart from predicting Animal crossing would be 2019 and X Machina wouldn't, think I did pretty well

Might as well have leaked your predictions, looks like everyone else was doing it but you seem to have managed it better.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
BOTW 2 is totally going to be an enhanced game for the Switch Pro.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Huxley posted:

Necrodancer is $4.
HK is $7.50.
Celesete is $13ish.
drat, I bought Necrodancer at full price a couple months ago. T_T

I may pick up Celeste though. And Vesperia and FF9 are both super tempting.

But I should probably save money and just buy the first party games that definitely won't go on sale for a while, like Kirby and Tropical Freeze.

EDIT: Astral Chain, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Animal Crossing. I should just buy 4 vouchers at this point.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Hey, Bert.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Huxley posted:

Necrodancer is $4.
HK is $7.50.
Celesete is $13ish.

anyone who doesn't buy all these games is a poser

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Huxley posted:

Necrodancer is $4.
HK is $7.50.
Celesete is $13ish.

There are a lot of options but it's kinda weak.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can I use e-shop cash for the vouchers? I'm getting some e-shop cards for my birthday soon, and since I'm already getting Mario Maker and Ultimate Alliance 2 I figured it might be worth it to just get the voucher

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

eonwe posted:

Can I use e-shop cash for the vouchers? I'm getting some e-shop cards for my birthday soon, and since I'm already getting Mario Maker and Ultimate Alliance 2 I figured it might be worth it to just get the voucher

I believe you can

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nook Miles.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I believe you can

sweet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hm... maybe I'll get a voucher. How long do we have to decide? I'm obviously getting Link's Awakening and I was strongly considering DQ XI, but I can sit on that one for far far longer.

They’re valid for a year from purchase and they’re purchasable until the end of July. They seem to be adding most big upcoming games to the offer so I don’t regret buying four vouchers at all

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, hey, AC now lets you chase after one another with axes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just realized it almost makes more sense to buy 2-3 vouchers

Mario Maker, Ultimate Alliance, Pokemon Sword / Shield, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Fire Emblem

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
At first I was shocked that Link's Awakening was going to cost $60, but, while I can't remember exactly how much it was in 1993, it seems $35 in 1993 is $61.90 today

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Huxley posted:

Necrodancer is $4.
HK is $7.50.
Celesete is $13ish.

Hollow Knight was the first game I bought for the Switch. I have Necrodancer on PC and am really bad at the timing for the rhythm :(

Celeste though :dogcited:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kinda weird they sort of just throw in Mario Maker 2 with the highlight of games coming soon

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

As someone who only played it briefly, as a slideshow, while my PC tried not to melt, I'm hyped as gently caress for Alien Isolation! :toot: :toot:

Can't loving wait to be scared out of my mind!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Part of me wants to push back on the gamification of AC (achievements/crafting) but part of me also knows that I'll get really into it and waste 400 hours getting everything.

The appeal for me of the older AC games was that you just do nothing. I don't want to have a goal.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a.lo posted:

Kinda weird they sort of just throw in Mario Maker 2 with the highlight of games coming soon

Well, it is a highlight

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
can we just take a moment to contemplate on the fact that nintendo, the absolute mad lads, put banjo and kazooie in smash and announced botw2 in one direct

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Part of me wants to push back on the gamification of AC (achievements/crafting) but part of me also knows that I'll get really into it and waste 400 hours getting everything.

The appeal for me of the older AC games was that you just do nothing. I don't want to have a goal.

Personally I have a lot of trouble staying focused in games where I don't have some sort of objective/goal so I'm actually interested

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a.lo posted:

i mean it's later this month, for once they didn't waste people's time spending 15 minutes on a game that comes out in a couple of weeks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

i mean it's later this month, for once they didn't waste people's time spending 15 minutes on a game that comes out in a couple of weeks

Release the Mario 2 skin nintnedo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mister Facetious posted:

is it me, or is that contra collection a joke?

Like, if google is any indication, there's:

- 4 versions of contra including the arcade and japanese versions
- 2 versions of super contra
- 2 versions of the genesis contra
- 2 versions of contra 3

Like, what the gently caress?

what's the problem here

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

American McGay posted:

You can still just do nothing, but if you want to now you can do some achievement stuff! Everyone wins.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Your Computer posted:

can we just take a moment to contemplate on the fact that nintendo, the absolute mad lads, put banjo and kazooie in smash and announced botw2 in one direct

Where's Mario Odyssey 2 cowards

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:same:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Link's Awakening coming up

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Of all the things I was expecting in life a genuine English release and 3D remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 wasn't it. Holy poo poo.

Yeah.

Like a ton of stuff in this direct was amazing and jaw dropping but this is something I gave up on at age 11. As a small and largely optimistic child I thought SoM3 coming to the west was never gonna happen.

Also that BotW sequel looks to have the premise I was desperately hoping for but sure they'd never do. So loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!