Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If Scorbunny evolves into a Fire type with tons of Fighting moves that's some serious monkey's paw business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

YaketySass posted:

If Scorbunny evolves into a Fire type with tons of Fighting moves that's some serious monkey's paw business.

it's literally soccer-themed so it having kick moves wouldn't be weird

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RatHat posted:

By the way, since that leak is pretty much confirmed it suggests all the starters this time are mono type. So another Gen 2 thing

no it doesn't

Zore posted:

It only really confirms Scorbunny stays pure Fire tbf.

no it doesn't

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

less laughter posted:

no it doesn't

no it doesn't

The "pure fighter" part is definitely a typo and they meant "pure fire". The sentence doesn't make sense otherwise.

And I say the other 2 are mono type because if they were dual typing it would've been mentioned, though it's possible the leaker just didn't know.

By the way new pupper is a good boy

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1138517799675019264

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It just says Scorbunny is monotype but nothing about it's evo's typing at all expect that it "looks like a fighter".

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RatHat posted:

The "pure fighter" part is definitely a typo and they meant "pure fire". The sentence doesn't make sense otherwise.

quote:

Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid

Nowhere does he say that the final stage is mono-typed.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

yamper

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

yamper, thank you

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm/status/1138518881251840000

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
>Dark/Fairy

Oh hell yes. Now I'm really looking forward to its evolution.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ball Fetch is a cool little ability

“If this Pokemon is not holding an item, it will fetch the Poke Ball from the first failed throw of the battle.”

Useless but :3:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Zore posted:

Ball Fetch is a cool little ability

“If this Pokemon is not holding an item, it will fetch the Poke Ball from the first failed throw of the battle.”

Useless but :3:

Would be useful in a Nuzlocke run where you have limited balls.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dark/Fairy is really good typing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Idk what their obsession with Fire/Fighting, despite being a dark type Inceneroar looks the most like a fighting type too, leaving Typlosion as the only pure-fire type and Delphox & Charizard the only ones that aren't Fire/Fighting. Ever other starter that's been dual type in the water/grass lines have been pretty unique combinations

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
impidimp is my son

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

RealFoxy posted:

Idk what their obsession with Fire/Fighting, despite being a dark type Inceneroar looks the most like a fighting type too, leaving Typlosion as the only pure-fire type and Delphox & Charizard the only ones that aren't Fire/Fighting. Ever other starter that's been dual type in the water/grass lines have been pretty unique combinations
Infernape and Emboar at least had the excuse of both being based on Journey To The West, but I don't want to see another one ever again.

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 11, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

:shepface: Dark/Fairy is really good offensively.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RatHat posted:

:shepface: Dark/Fairy is really good offensively.

That's for sure a stage 1 evo too, so it's gonna be a Real Pokemon.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so i guess since the leak is definitely confirmed real at this point then lapras is fittingly going to be our nessie reference

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Johnny Joestar posted:

so i guess since the leak is definitely confirmed real at this point then lapras is fittingly going to be our nessie reference

I'm happy that my favorite girl is gonna get her due.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That's an ugly rear end corgi :q:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Flopsy posted:

Yeah? Well I'll be keeping my pokemon on sun and moon until they get their poo poo together because I'm deadly seriously I'm not playing the "Whoopsie you didn't pay your sub ^_^" game.

Yup ditto, I just started my 3DS to start moving my pokes into SuMo/USUMO. If I'm not gonna be able to use the Pokebank for ShSw I won't remember when I have to renew it and poof goes my living dex

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Real bummed about the limitations on pokemon transferred up to the next game. Makes me want to quit working on my living dex. Hopefully they get patched in at some point. If Galar dex is less than 500 pokemon it'll be a crime imo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also scorbunny ending up being pure fire throughout its line seems pretty plausible, even beyond the probable typo, since the leaker probably didn't immediately pick up on the soccer theming and was conflating that kind of look with it looking 'like a fighter' in its final stage

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/1138520195469889537

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Looks like Dynamax strength is another type of progression

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why is that important when the good boy fetches pokeballs for you

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

RatHat posted:

Looks like Dynamax strength is another type of progression

Possibly a way of modifying the strength of the raid encounters so that they’re really fearsome at endgame

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

People say new Pokemon look like digimon but that imp is hella a dragon quest monster

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zoran posted:

Possibly a way of modifying the strength of the raid encounters so that they’re really fearsome at endgame

Yeah the Steelix that did 25% hp damage to a Ludicolo with a rock attack, with reflect up and burned, was only 3/5 stars.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I know all pokemon are friends but I gotta admit I do not like those

that is a terrible corgi

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Impressed as hell that Nintendo found a way to put a damper on Yamper but I guess the franchise kinda famous for introducing incredibly neat and convenient features then taking them away for no good reason would find a way to do it with [looks at notes] the ability to have Raticate.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Word is that Megas are now gone too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Golden Gael posted:

Megas were much cooler than "It's the same pokemon but BIG (And also every single pokemon share from the same 20 move pool)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Golden Gael posted:

Not quite, that part was vague. I think he just meant that Dynamax replaces Megas and Z-moves as the new mechanic this time, and you probably can’t use both at the same time.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Winklebottom posted:

I know all pokemon are friends but I gotta admit I do not like those

that is a terrible corgi

You will grow to love them, I already have and would die for them

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The absolute unit memes led to this.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
"Only pokemon native to the Galar region will be able to be transferred from pokemon home"
https://twitter.com/Waffliesinyofac/status/1138515111079886848

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

I was honestly waiting for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

BlazetheInferno posted:

I was honestly waiting for this.

ug, thing popular, no like :mad: