Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
people loving love that website. I've never read any of their stuff myself but smart hockey and baseball folk all all about it.

also Bale is going to be next to impossible to move unless RM eats about half of his wages. the good news is that his fee will be pretty minimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'd love to get paid to make up transfer rumours.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

bewbies posted:

people loving love that website. I've never read any of their stuff myself but smart hockey and baseball folk all all about it.

also Bale is going to be next to impossible to move unless RM eats about half of his wages. the good news is that his fee will be pretty minimal.

:effort:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
ESPN say that De Rossi is joining LAFC

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

wooger posted:

Are there really any *big name* football writers?

I know the current / ex people of Guardian Football Podcast, basically no one else.

Bets on them going bust in a year?

they aren't going bust anytime soon, because they started out catering to a relatively under-served, and heavily loyal, market in NA (ice hockey fans). every hockey person I know, myself included, subscribes to them and likes it. plus they run so many deals you never pay full price.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

advanced statsman posted:

i wouldn't pay $50 a year to get poo poo takes on sports when I can just check these dead gay forums

It's got a lot of good stuff and good writers on the MLB side, from my view. I find it worthwhile. I wonder about their long term business model, they're focused on growth right now and they're spending a lot of cash to grow their audience, but until the private equity guys demand a payout they should be OK. Who knows when that will be.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

ESPN say that De Rossi is joining LAFC

Was hoping he'd come to MLS; nice.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

habeasdorkus posted:

It's got a lot of good stuff and good writers on the MLB side, from my view. I find it worthwhile. I wonder about their long term business model, they're focused on growth right now and they're spending a lot of cash to grow their audience, but until the private equity guys demand a payout they should be OK. Who knows when that will be.

that's only stuff for americans though, like all that value is basically gone if you're trying to market it in Europe I guess. I mean I don't give a gently caress about most of your sports down there and I don't think I'd pay money for football opinions, tbh. like I'm not saying it's bad or anything, just that it's not a great deal if you don't care about baseball and poo poo

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

advanced statsman posted:

that's only stuff for americans though, like all that value is basically gone if you're trying to market it in Europe I guess. I mean I don't give a gently caress about most of your sports down there and I don't think I'd pay money for football opinions, tbh. like I'm not saying it's bad or anything, just that it's not a great deal if you don't care about baseball and poo poo

Don't people pay money for the Sun?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1138567335046983680

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:suicide:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I don’t like this.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1138573735647240194

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

lol they’re desperately trying to hire Barney Ronan

who seriously reads Barnay? the stupid headline is enough

also my favourite Ronay is when he wrote that England is doomed in Europe after Arsenal and Chelsea lost games then did a complete 180 the next day when both Manchester teams one

he sucks so good

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Yes yes yes!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please de Ligt don't go to PSG

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Most excellent.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AC Milan is apparently sniffing around Lovren.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1138762957851156480

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Really weird if de Ligt goes to PSG. Their league is a joke, and PSG are perennial losers in all competitions that matter. Surely they're not paying THAT much more than Barca would, so why go to what is clearly a much lesser club?

Also I guess Lukaku is going to Inter, or at least really wants to.

Lukaku posted:

It's good to see Conte joined Inter, for me he is the best manager in the world. I've already taken a decision about the future but I can't reveal it because I have a contract with Manchester United and because I respect the club. My agent will speak with them. I've already taken my decision. The club need to decide but my agent wants the best for me, I am sure it'll be an agitated summer.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter need to sell Icardi before getting Lukaku; Conte wants him as well. It's pretty much down to that.

Wouldn't be mad about this if his wages weren't too absurd, seems a good deal in this market even. I don't know if we're able to hang on to Musacchio but Zapata is definitely gone and Caldara is still unknown so we'll need another CB.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Not sure how you get "sniffing around" from that tweet to be honest.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mostly because Paul Joyce doesn't put out poo poo rumors or speculation. There's likely smoke even if he can't explicitly say it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I would be extremely happy to sell Lovren. Yes, he's good as a 4th CB, but he is a complete shitstick in big games.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lovren for £25m would be a good deal. He's the only CB I'd want to see leave, but I think we'd need to bring someone in to replace him.

Honestly, though I don't think it would happen, I'd love for us to get Vertonghen from Spurs. He'd provide cover at full back and center back, and would weaken one of our rivals.

edit: also Lovren has also literally never played 7 consecutive games in his career, which is mental.

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 12, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mostly because Paul Joyce doesn't put out poo poo rumors or speculation. There's likely smoke even if he can't explicitly say it.

It was reported in the Italian press as well, though it may be just due to Massara saying “yeah that guy seems ok” once.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

oliwan posted:

Please de Ligt don't go to PSG

as long as Thiago Silva has pull, he won't be there very long.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Lovren for £25m would be a good deal. He's the only CB I'd want to see leave, but I think we'd need to bring someone in to replace him.

Honestly, though I don't think it would happen, I'd love for us to get Vertonghen from Spurs. He'd provide cover at full back and center back, and would weaken one of our rivals.

edit: also Lovren has also literally never played 7 consecutive games in his career, which is mental.

You don’t think the team who just went to the CL wants to sell their best defender to the other team that went to the final? Who could have guessed that

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So Ashley Young in defence, Gareth Bale on the wing and oooh, let's say Didier Drogba up front.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Does Ed Woodward live in Manchester? That guy must get harassed by angry fans every day at this point.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
BBC did a write up of some clubs state of squad:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How is Luke Shaw still only 23 that's crazy.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Milner being that young as well, he was playing for Leeds and they haven’t been in the PL in ages

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Milner being that young as well, he was playing for Leeds and they haven’t been in the PL in ages

He was the PL record youngest player for Leeds, 16 I think.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Supposed itk claiming Sessegnon twins to Spurs are nearly done, and that Ndombele has passed his medical and should be wrapped up soon as well.

I'll be thrilled with Ndombele, but I'm not convinced by Sessegnon yet. What's the success rate of young players who lit up the championship moving to big PL teams?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Maddison and Alli both turned out pretty good. Nick Powell didn't.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

brasstassels posted:

Supposed itk claiming Sessegnon twins to Spurs are nearly done, and that Ndombele has passed his medical and should be wrapped up soon as well.

I'll be thrilled with Ndombele, but I'm not convinced by Sessegnon yet. What's the success rate of young players who lit up the championship moving to big PL teams?

Poch is a fullback whisperer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

tarbrush posted:

Maddison and Alli both turned out pretty good. Nick Powell didn't.

I'm going to be a pedant and point out Nick Powell came from Crewe who were a League 2 side at the time and Alli was from MK Dons who were League 1. Also Maddison is better than pretty good but other than that, spot on.