Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
This morning I woke up to discover my game had deleted itself off my PS4 and my Eidolon Zenurik Lens had apparently cancelled its construction, taking with it all my resources to make it.

What even the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I like the Sonicor because it makes enemies go flying and that's funny.
I hate the Staticor because something about the way it fires makes it feel like it's not powerful at all, regardless of if it is or isn't.
I hate both because their names are way too close together and people constantly mix them up.

Hattie Masters posted:

This morning I woke up to discover my game had deleted itself off my PS4 and my Eidolon Zenurik Lens had apparently cancelled its construction, taking with it all my resources to make it.

What even the gently caress.

Fill out a ticket with Support, they can help with these sorts of things sometimes.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I ran a max range spectrosiphon nuke Gara in ESO for a while. Slap a merry go round on top of a mob of enemies, get glass, break glass, watch the whole map explode and your magical mirror ring fill up with energy orbs.

I don't think the glass status freezing plays nice with the other nukeframes though so I haven't done it in a while.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I always bring a Slowva because im lazy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Slowva in ESO isnt ideal but at least it isnt a Nyx

Wisp resevoir question: does it affect non player allies like sortie targets, agents and defectors?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wisp resevoir question: does it affect non player allies like sortie targets, agents and defectors?

It does not. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
If you have Link Health on your pet, though, you get a translated bonus. My Smeeta ends up with like 3700 HP, it's kind of nuts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was hoping it would be defection easy mode

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Is the mastery display for weapons (over your energy, under your ammo) sometimes disappearing a bug, or does it mean something? It happens most often with Amps, sometimes with normal weapons.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:vince: :pusheen: :vince:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I like the Staticor and stuff, but when your game play is "Press button, then close your eyes, because you can't see poo poo anyway," I have issues.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

not me my staticor is the brightest white in all of then palettes, it's snowtime bitch

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Is there an idiots guide to the Index or a decent youtube video on how to play? Im attempting Glast Gambit but have no idea what to do in there. A ruinously expensive mistake!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Moreau posted:

Is there an idiots guide to the Index or a decent youtube video on how to play? Im attempting Glast Gambit but have no idea what to do in there. A ruinously expensive mistake!

collect points from dead enemies and carry them to the enemy's goal

don't let them bring points to yours

rhino is good for index because he gets a damage buffer from one of his abilities that isn't penalized the way health or shields would be when you're carrying many points

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Just finished the Natah quests, and now I don't trust anyone. :tinfoil:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

prefect posted:

Just finished the Natah quests, and now I don't trust anyone. :tinfoil:

keep going

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can always trust your good friend teshin, who you have definitely met before.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Moreau posted:

For Glast Gambit specifically, the secret is to bring as many human players with you as possible, but at a minimum bring at least one. The AI Specters don't at all understand what you're meant to be doing in that quest and will helpfully cash in points entirely at random. Having even one other human around to help really reduces the chance of things going horribly wrong.

For non-Glast-Gambit Index, just bring a frame good at killing single heavy targets or a frame good at not dying even against heavy targets and while being energy drained. You don't need to sandbag and can just steamroll everything.

Malah
May 18, 2015

:perfect:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you can always trust your good friend teshin, who you have definitely met before.
Is he the guy that runs the Thunderdome or whatever the pvp is called?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Malah posted:

Is he the guy that runs the Thunderdome or whatever the pvp is called?

Conclave, and Yes.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Moreau posted:

You suffer a debuff when carrying points. Temporarily reduces your max health and shields, and drains energy. You don't start with the energy you normally start a mission with either. You drop all the uncashed points you're carrying when killed. If you overextend and get killed, you may be able to partially salvage the situation if you rush over to where you died, because the AI's kind of dumb about scrambling to pick up dropped points sometimes.

Every five points you cash in simultaneously cashes in an extra +2 bonus, to a maximum of +10 at 20 points. (Note that this bonus can become detrimental in one of the later Glast Gambit missions.)

There is a time limit counting down that gives you more time when the Tenno cash in and less when the brokers do. If time runs out you don't get the payoff, and if time runs out when the brokers are ahead, you lose your collateral stake. So, y'know, don't hoard points for too long. Remember to cash them in.

You don't get to bring companions or gear, so equip Enemy Sense. It helps a lot.

Individual brokers to look out for:
The Auditor can shield itself from the front, and it can put up laser walls to block (specific, conspicuous) chokepoints on the map. The laser walls do a whole lot of damage.
Tia Mayn can turn mostly invisible and Jen Dro can disguise herself as allies on the Tenno team, with the corresponding player nametag. Enemy Sense is not fooled.
Jad Teran can release nullifier pulses to strip Iron Skin.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I Am Just a Box posted:

You suffer a debuff when carrying points. Temporarily reduces your max health and shields, and drains energy. You don't start with the energy you normally start a mission with either. You drop all the uncashed points you're carrying when killed. If you overextend and get killed, you may be able to partially salvage the situation if you rush over to where you died, because the AI's kind of dumb about scrambling to pick up dropped points sometimes.

Every five points you cash in simultaneously cashes in an extra +2 bonus, to a maximum of +10 at 20 points. (Note that this bonus can become detrimental in one of the later Glast Gambit missions.)

There is a time limit counting down that gives you more time when the Tenno cash in and less when the brokers do. If time runs out you don't get the payoff, and if time runs out when the brokers are ahead, you lose your collateral stake. So, y'know, don't hoard points for too long. Remember to cash them in.

You don't get to bring companions or gear, so equip Enemy Sense. It helps a lot.

Individual brokers to look out for:
The Auditor can shield itself from the front, and it can put up laser walls to block (specific, conspicuous) chokepoints on the map. The laser walls do a whole lot of damage.
Tia Mayn can turn mostly invisible and Jen Dro can disguise herself as allies on the Tenno team, with the corresponding player nametag. Enemy Sense is not fooled.
Jad Teran can release nullifier pulses to strip Iron Skin.
TL;DR for Rhino and Nezha: collect energy whenever iron skin/halo run out and use enemy damage to boost it (auditor walls are good for this). If you have the energy spawns memorized, you have enough time to run between them and keep your buffs up. Use Enemy Sense to locate brokers and murder them, collect more chips. Don't get caught without your defense ability while you have a lot of chips or you'll get one-shot. I typically load up with fifteen points, run around to refresh buffs and fill up on ammo, then go hunting some more. Nova is another good frame for Index - Molecular Prime means brokers generally die before they can turn and respond. If you notice Tia Mayn's presence, start shooting all of your teammates when you see them.

I'm sure there's some objectively best Index weapons, but shotguns are generally good for burst damage. Have fun!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like Mesa and Duality Equinox with a Rubico for Indexing. I figure I'll bring something to obliterate things I see and let everyone else run around with points.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Khora is also hilariously good at index since strangledome works on all the enemies in there. You can just camp the turn-in and kill dudes as they get snared for easy points.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I did all of Glast Gambit with Octavia, most of the enemies in Index do huge single target damage so they'll very quickly power up the mallet's AoE aura by shooting it and you can spend the whole time being invisible. If multiple enemies spawn on top of the mallet it will kill them all almost instantly once they start firing

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 12, 2019

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Ill track down a youtube video so I can see the mechanic of turning points in. I completely missed that in my only attempt, and was running around surrounded by a cloud of luminous green wondering what I was supposed to do.
Killing-wise, I didnt encounter many issues in the Index run with my usual Frost/Soma/Atomos/Orthos combo, all potato'd and forma'd though I could certainly use a few rarer mods to smooth things out (Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion in particular refuse to drop, but Ill gettem eventually)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The moment you pick up a point the game shows a waypoint for your turn-in location. Turn in at 15 or when the timer runs low.

If you're a carrier rhino try to get ironskin cost below what an energy pick up gives you, because it means you can shrapnel, pick up the energy and recast 2 immediately even when being fully drained from carrying dozens of points.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Moreau posted:

Ill track down a youtube video so I can see the mechanic of turning points in. I completely missed that in my only attempt, and was running around surrounded by a cloud of luminous green wondering what I was supposed to do.
Killing-wise, I didnt encounter many issues in the Index run with my usual Frost/Soma/Atomos/Orthos combo, all potato'd and forma'd though I could certainly use a few rarer mods to smooth things out (Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion in particular refuse to drop, but Ill gettem eventually)

They have a 100% droprate in the clanchat.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Hotfix just went out for nightwave intermission and plague star to start later today :toot:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Finally I can cash in my plaguebucks from like, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no plague star today

quote:

Tenno,

If you’ve been keeping track of the Hotfixes and hamsters today, you’ll know that we’re currently trying to resolve issues within Operation: Plague Star before we launch it. Currently, the issues make Plague Star incompletable, which simply does not sit well with anyone.

As we work toward fixing this for all Platforms, we’re also aware of an unfortunate crash on Xbox One that requires us to submit to Cert, which we just did, meaning Xbox One can’t Hotfix the Plague Star fixes until Cert has passed. We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

With that being said, we’ll be launching Plague Star on all platforms once the Plague Star issues are solved and Xbox One has passed Cert. Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star.

Apologies for the delay. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
How Blue Was My Balls

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ropalolyst number 10 has passed me by. I have witnessed no sign of wisp's fair neural network. I fear lady fortune has abandoned me in my time of need. Once more, I face the dread beast.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Awesome! posted:

no plague star today
That's quite an unfortunate series of events.

Oh well, at least the nw store blessed me with the Glaive BP i was still missing, and the 10 relic one let me stock up on duck fodder for friday's baro. :toot:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Raptor1033 posted:

Ropalolyst number 10 has passed me by. I have witnessed no sign of wisp's fair neural network. I fear lady fortune has abandoned me in my time of need. Once more, I face the dread beast.

The game knows how much you like her chassis.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

Took me 15 runs to get all 4 pieces. RNG is cruel.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I bought Wisp outright and I'm still grinding Ropadope because I want those sweet, sweet Amalgam mods.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

AzureSkye posted:

Me too, exactly 15 to finally get the main bp to drop. 72 hours to go!

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

AzureSkye posted:

I had 26 runs. This is my punishment for getting Equinox in nearly a perfect number of Tyl Regor runs. But at least Flydolon runs drop some interesting loot (I managed to get a Broken War part) and the fight can be rather fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I got all the parts in 8 runs :feelsgood: and I got a Fulmin that'll be done cooking in a few hours. Today was a pretty good day.