Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Must've been quite the secret war, given how openly accommodating the Church was of fascism back then, and how eagerly Catholic clergy helped war criminals flee justice after the war.

Oh, the book makes no bones about that, although there's some hagiography of what Pope Pious was really up to. But it's still Jesuits out there being spies and trying to kill Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
midnight Latin mass is pretty cool. I think the tradcaths have their own separate services though since they think the pope is a communist.

robes and incense and chanting and free crackers! it’s pretty neat.

ex Catholic here (via Ireland) and my family is extremely religious and pretty liberal but some do vote R to save the babies from abortion. I don’t have any experience with converts but I remember they seemed kinda weird when I was altar serving.

idk why the gently caress anyone would convert post child abuse stuff. they JUST NOW made a policy of what churches are supposed to do when it gets reported.

Silver Nitrate has issued a correction as of 00:24 on Jun 12, 2019

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Candace Owens ever with the genius takes. I can’t understand what she actually thinks is happening. either she’s defending leftist videos getting taken down or she’s admitting conservative you tubers are fascist. Good work I guess?

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1137788180692971521?s=20

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I highly doubt she has any idea or care in the world what's happening to anti-Nazi/educational youtube vids, she's just making some poo poo up to try and make everything simple and make the reader feel good and correct in a Limbaugh-esque improv hot take.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

FMguru posted:

I've read that Catholics are, when it comes to political polling, pretty much indistinguishable from Americans in general. On pretty much every issue (including gay marriage and abortion and contraception), Catholics poll right where the median of Americans poll. The reason you never hear about the "Catholic vote" or the "Catholic bloc" is because there literally isn't one.

There are right-wing Opus Dei dickheads, with their Latin Mass and hairshirts and framed photos of General Franco, but the make up no more percentage of Catholics than right-wing dickheads people do across the general American landscape.

It's why they have to specify TRADcath - because "Catholic" as a political or cultural label just doesn't mean much of anything.
Which is sad because Catholics should be massively in favor of open borders and in opposition to the death penalty, but the most they can manage is going to mass twice a year.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Seeing white kids as Black Panther last Halloween was the most heartening thing I've seen in a long time.

wake me up when white kids are dressing as Killmonger

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Blast of Confetti posted:

A ticking time bomb of hr complaints

never makes it past the in-person interview because he keeps asking one of the women present why she's talking

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

never makes it past the in-person interview because he keeps asking one of the women present why she's talking
hahaha this is tech we’re talking about, ain’t gonna be no woman in the interview

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/mccormick_ted/status/1137897661951029248

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ugato posted:

Candace Owens ever with the genius takes. I can’t understand what she actually thinks is happening. either she’s defending leftist videos getting taken down or she’s admitting conservative you tubers are fascist. Good work I guess?

She's just loving stupid i think

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it’s for warhammer aesthetics and literally no other reason hth
after the dune movie comes out next year and everyone is looking around for dune aesthetics maybe they'll try out islam

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
next thing you know all these poor mosques will have white boys showing up thinking they're paul atreides

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

next thing you know all these poor mosques will have white boys showing up thinking they're paul atreides

It'd be a slight improvement over what happens when stupid white internet boys show up at mosques now, at least.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Hi y'all. I think I might be the hidden E-mam.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

citybeatnik posted:

Converts are always the absolute loving worse.

See Tony Blair.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Hatewatch/status/1138445965696917508

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:feelsgood:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I feel bad for matt

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Kurtofan posted:

I feel bad for matt

he didn't choose the anti-fascist life, the anti-fascist life chose him

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is it just me or does that seem like a ridiculously small settlement.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Is it just me or does that seem like a ridiculously small settlement.

I wonder if it’s not a matter of how much of Furie’s damages could be quantified, at least directly; I don’t think anyone can readily calculate the dollar amount of a given meme’s dankness (or if someone can, the justice system rightly wants no part of it :v: )

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

mono posted:

I don't know who this guy is but this gem is in his likes

https://twitter.com/drag_queen_mike/status/1138093274164424706

DELeted

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ugato posted:

Imagine if you will, someone paid you a dollar for ever dumb gently caress thing you ever said. You’d be the richest village idiot that ever lived

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

As we all know boxing matches are truly a sign of reinvigorated relevance

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1138581447730716672?s=21

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Palemdromes posted:

Looked up Bret Weinstein and he’s one of the IDW founders, apparently? I was expecting some weird libertarian poo poo in his controversies section on Wikipedia but...

He seems okay? what am I missing here

Bushiz posted:

You're missing that it's an incredibly disingenuous recounting of what happened.

The Day Of Absence didn't ask white people to "stay home" in any way, shape, or form. There was a full day, off-campus seminar and workshop on racism from a white perspective. Space was limited to 200 people, or less than 10% of the white student body. Anyone not attending the off-campus seminar was expected to go to classes as normal.

Weinstein deliberately ignored all of these things when they were pointed out to him multiple times and ignored attempts at mediation, instead cc'ing the blaze, breitbart, fox, etc. into staff email chains. Student organizers of the events immediately started getting harassed to the point of having to drop out of school from fear, and he repeatedly called them liars. He sued the school, settled for half a million, and launched himself into the "They're censoring me" grift. Evergreen had to cancel all versions of the event in perpetuity for fear of attacks.

It is important to remember that any time someone claims they are being persecuted for their right-wing beliefs, they mean something in the neighborhood of holocaust denial or running a harassment campaign.
Thank you for this. I vaguely recall the "Day Of Absence" debacle, and after properly researching what happened, holy poo poo - nearly all of the reporting around that incident was completely false, and I think I had bought into those false narratives at the time, too. It's insane to me how blatantly false and disconnected from reality the whole series of events have been framed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1138636358166224896

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Kurtofan posted:

I feel bad for matt
The real Pepe is a gentle soul. It makes me so mad what they've done to him.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not entirely sure this is historically accurate

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

this take is giving me brain fog

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

it must be super cool to be dr. cornel west a professor of harvard and scholar for like 600 years and have to appear opposite to a college dropout who's highest career achievement is office assistant and blogger.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why is he legitimising her in the first place

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

In fact, it's not!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Alan Smithee posted:

As we all know boxing matches are truly a sign of reinvigorated relevance

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1138581447730716672?s=21

I thought you weren't allowed beards in boxing because people have to know where your chin is.

Maybe they're letting it slide with McInnes and just assuming he has no chin.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mojo1701a posted:

I thought you weren't allowed beards in boxing because people have to know where your chin is.

The preacher pic. Except it’s two hicks staring each other’s chins down

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

by extension does this mean they're coming out and straight up saying "segregation is good actually"

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mojo1701a posted:

have you seen him beardless? not an assumption

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/gkbesterfriend/status/1138477536483188743?s=21
why does cornel west talk to these chucklefucks

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

because he has a pure heart and believes that man is good, for better or worse

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

It works. I’ve overheard people talking about his appearances on Fox like “the way he speaks is crazy, but I actually agreed with some of the things he said”. They believe he “lost” the “debate” but all that matters is he cracks the wall a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not gonna watch that poo poo, but it isnt wholly inaccurate to say in some measures life was better for some poc. segregation meant more wealth stayed in the community and during reconstruction southern states sent black senators to d.c. and elected a bunch of black representatives until the north acquiesced to reactionaries and left, allowing jim crow to come in in full force and disenfranchised all the new voters and citizens. however, making an argument for the Jim crow era being "better" is some shameful poo poo

Eat This Glob has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Jun 12, 2019