Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Plot twist: the Galar Pokedex includes every pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Flopsy posted:

Read what I said and maybe re-evaluate your take.
It was just a shotgun style message, not directed at you but I can't even imagine that the first generation on the Switch will lack a means to have all the Pokemon despite what Gamefreak says right now, months from the game's release at the same time they're pushing Pokemon Home

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KungFu Grip posted:

i keep reading the imp pokemon's name as limpdick and i feel bad because of that

I keep reading it as having dpimp in the middle and thinking of dpimpjedi and crying.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

It was just a shotgun style message, not directed at you but I can't even imagine that the first generation on the Switch will lack a means to have all the Pokemon despite what Gamefreak says right now, months from the game's release at the same time they're pushing Pokemon Home

It was the excuses Masuda made that really nettled me especially concerning competitive play. Just say you didn't have time to get them all in and there's going to be a delay but eventually they'll get put in after a couple months of retooling. It's just like he said the worst possible combination of words by being super vague about what would happen in the future. Maybe it was translator I dunno, but the idea of being pressured to put everything in Home and keep paying for them to be in there is not good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokemon Home will probably have some type of mini game or customization thing going on but they won't ever do DLC Pokemon. I wouldn't put it past them to fill the Galar Pokedex with Sinnoh Pokemon to save work.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Once again Japanese fans are even more pissed than us. So at least there's that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I have a feeling they’ll drip feed Pokemon additions over the course of the year. Probably add more raid battles and small features to keep people glued to the game instead of just mashing it out in a couple months, and being done with it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
make no mistake this is a lame decision but also i bet it's something they walk back next gen

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Or when the inevitable “Gen 8.5” game arrives.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

What does this mean for the Pokemon tournaments?

Are they gonna be like Magic where there's different types? One track running Sword/Shield and it's viable mons only and another doing US/UM for more variety? Or is it gonna be Sw/Sh only and the mons not in it are just gonna have to take a break for a year?

Are those nonviable Pokemon going to be absent in the Sword/Shield anime too? It'd be kinda hosed up to feature them when kids can't get them. We can't know, but either way, what a weird decision.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's something that will hopefully be walked back either some months into release or by the second game of this generation. So long as we, internet fans, stay pissed and online, they'll listen.

That said, Pokemon should not be a loving yearly franchise and every generation should be 4 years long with 2 entries.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's something that will hopefully be walked back either some months into release or by the second game of this generation. So long as we, internet fans, stay pissed and online, they'll listen.

That said, Pokemon should not be a loving yearly franchise and every generation should be 4 years long with 2 entries.

The important thing is this went over like a lead balloon in their homeland as well. That's the only way they'll even begin to give a smidgen of a poo poo if it looks like it'll hurt sales at home.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Actually, I wonder if this is supposed to be a sneaky way of finally removing Stealth Rock.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Actually, I wonder if this is supposed to be a sneaky way of finally removing Stealth Rock.

The one true loss.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

I would be 100% okay with Stealth Rock getting erased from this franchise forever.

Whether it would be worth never being able to import some of my favorites to Sw/Sh... I'm undecided.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

stealth rock isn't a problem in VGC so they're not gonna care about it in the slightest

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So I went through the teaser and trailer for the games to see which old Pokémon appear. Presuming that entire families will be included (and they won’t skimp out on evolution items), here’s what the Galar Pokédex will have so far:

Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree
Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu
Magikarp, Gyarados
Goldeen, Seaking
Machop, Machoke, Machamp
Ryhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior
Munchlax, Snorlax
Hoothoot, Noctowl
Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss
Wooper, Quagsire
Mantyke, Mantine
Wynaut, Wobbuffet
Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar
Wingull, Pelliper
Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo
Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir
Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon
Feebas, Milotic
Wailmer, Wailord
Riolu, Lucario
Hippopotas , Hippowdon
Snover, Abomasnow
Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad
Sawk
Minccino, Cinccino
Joltik, Galvantula
Golet, Golurk
Frillsh, Jellicent
Rufflet, Braviary
Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon
Bunnelby, Diggersby
Bergmite, Avalugg
Espurr, Meowstic
Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt
Bounsweet, Steenee, Tsarina
Stufful, Bewear
Mudbray, Mudsdale

Nessa fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 12, 2019

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

looking forward to this pokemon my uncle from nintendo was telling me about it's called "Fyrish" it's just a straight steel type that's a car but it's ability makes it so that it can use self-destruct abilities once(i.e. explosion) and get's healed to full but it turns in to a fire/ghost type and the sprite turns in to a burned out car it sound p. legit maybe a bit strong but I'm going to use it

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I wouldn't be surprised if Home became the big anything goes competitive battling hub, rather than that being handled in game.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I will be shocked if the Galar Dex doesn't have every fuckin Gen 1 Pokemon. And I will be shocked if they actually DO use this as an opportunity to de-fuckulate the dumbest poo poo that has needed fixing forever like the Nido families being separate.

I don't pay attention to any of this poo poo except for what's said in this thread. Do we know how Home is going to work or is it all speculation at this point? It'd be kinda dumb if it didn't work like Bank where as long as you haven't put Gen 6 Mon X into a Gen 7 game, you can still put it back into a Gen 6 game, in terms of mons from the 3DS era that are unable to be transferred into SwSh in the most spectacular misstep in this series' existence.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Bee posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Home became the big anything goes competitive battling hub, rather than that being handled in game.

I'm kinda wondering if they're not going for "rotations" in the main games with AG being a Home thing.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Actual lmao that a game series specifically about having a thousand of these little fuckers, collecting (th)'em all, and everyone having a weird favorite nobody else ever uses, is not going to have the entire roster.

I mean I'll only care if my enigmatic child Sigilyph is absent but they wouldn't leave out the best mon so :v:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Other than the thing everyone is melting down over, did they announce anything else or any new mons?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dragonstoned posted:

Other than the thing everyone is melting down over, did they announce anything else or any new mons?

There's an electric corgi and a dark/fairy imp. You can whistle to get Pokémon to 1v1 you bro, at least in the Wild Area

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Dragonstoned posted:

Another Gym Leader, Nessa, and the electric Corgi mentioned in the leak (named Yamper, will fetch the first failed Pokeball you throw per battle if he's not already holding something), and a dark/fairy type named Impidimp that looks... really strange.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What does this mean for the Pokemon tournaments?

Are they gonna be like Magic where there's different types? One track running Sword/Shield and it's viable mons only and another doing US/UM for more variety? Or is it gonna be Sw/Sh only and the mons not in it are just gonna have to take a break for a year?

Are those nonviable Pokemon going to be absent in the Sword/Shield anime too? It'd be kinda hosed up to feature them when kids can't get them. We can't know, but either way, what a weird decision.

The meta Pokemon are a pretty small chunk of the total, I imagine most will be included in the game naturally. Except the Tapus and Ultra Beasts. Which honestly, good riddance and please take your lovely step children the landurus. Imo not having all the pokemon will be good for competitive, it's pretty boring just bringing in last gens comp and throwing in a couple new mons.

Though while I understand the living Dex folks, isn't that the whole point of home?
Personally I just care about catching the new roster each game, so this news is forgettable. And since that seems like a pretty casual view, I assume the outrage is just a vocal minority of the player base. Not sure if that'll actually be enough to get gamefreak to change their mind.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Diet Poison posted:

I will be shocked if the Galar Dex doesn't have every fuckin Gen 1 Pokemon. And I will be shocked if they actually DO use this as an opportunity to de-fuckulate the dumbest poo poo that has needed fixing forever like the Nido families being separate.

I don't pay attention to any of this poo poo except for what's said in this thread. Do we know how Home is going to work or is it all speculation at this point? It'd be kinda dumb if it didn't work like Bank where as long as you haven't put Gen 6 Mon X into a Gen 7 game, you can still put it back into a Gen 6 game, in terms of mons from the 3DS era that are unable to be transferred into SwSh in the most spectacular misstep in this series' existence.

Home isn't compatible with Gen 6 or 7 games, sending mons to Home from LGPE, Go or Bank is a one way trip.

And as of right now a bunch of pokemon are stuck there even after Home support is added to Sw/Sh

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

If the leader of the Galar E4 isn't the queen, with six absolutely loving swole Yampers, that will be the true outrage

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
One thing to keep in mind with all this hooplah is they charged people money to transfer their pokemon and persist them from old games. If that whole thing never existed, things would be a little different. That sets up an expectation.

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not really sweating it since there's probably going to be a third version or sequel that just has them all after Pokemon Home is better ironed out. Y'all acting like not having over 1,000 pokemon at launch from Day 1 is the end of the world

As many have said, that was the case in the past and was fine. But they seem to be saying it won't be patched in, which is weird.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

If the leader of the Galar E4 isn't the queen, with six absolutely loving swole Yampers, that will be the true outrage

Yamper gets an evolution too so I'm interested to see where this goes.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chill Penguin posted:

Anybody got a good post-game guide/checklist for USUM? It’s been a while and I can’t remember what I’ve done, just that I still need to catch the Tapus.

I posted this like right before the direct and it got totally lost. Can anyone help a brother out?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Flopsy posted:

Yamper gets an evolution too so I'm interested to see where this goes.

I would like to see an evolution that goes smaller and cuter, rather than bigger and more murdery.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
You guys keep acting like they wanna put everything in but just can't. they pretty much straight up said that they curated the pokemon they wanted in the game for battle balance and to fit the region's identity i very much doubt they're looking to patch more in unless everyone really throws a fit. And as much as i understand the bad feelings it'll actually help create some scarcity and maybe make "rare pokemon" a thing that actually exists

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

I would like to see an evolution that goes smaller and cuter, rather than bigger and more murdery.

I really can't fathom a corgi pokemon getting a scary/mean looking evo. It just doesn't really mesh with what one thinks of when they look at a corgi. They don't exactly exude menace. If I had to add what I'd like for the lil' fella maybe a more pronounced snout and legs? The body to feet ratio is little ridiculous, not a huge turn off mind but I would like to see a bit more leg in the future.

Elfgames posted:

i very much doubt they're looking to patch more in unless everyone really throws a fit.

Welp.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 12, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rarity and balance are impossible so personally i would have chosen to continue one of the series defining features instead

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

3 yampers stuck together into a cerberus because of the static cling of their fur growing too strong.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gruckles posted:

3 yampers stuck together into a cerberus because of the static cling of their fur growing too strong.

As long as they're still cute and happy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Beachcomber posted:

The one thing Yamper lacks is a Corgi's long snout. I hope it gets that, and maybe a sleeker overall look, if it evolves.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

The one thing Yamper lacks is a Corgi's long snout. I hope it gets that, and maybe a sleeker overall look, if it evolves.

Yeah, more banger less mash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Trying to think of any Pokemon that get cuter when they evolve and so far I have Gloom and Cutiefly.