Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hegel Exercises posted:

Most of us ITT quit doing that and some realize how hosed up the US military is.

When are you putting your two weeks in?

This

also I was a linguist and got out in training so suck my dick from the back

but only after you quit; I don't hang with bootlickers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hegel Exercises posted:

Most of us ITT quit doing that and some realize how hosed up the US military is.

When are you putting your two weeks in?

I dunno I got 4 illegal handguns and put a tourniquet on a teenager who was bleeding out this month so I'm still a net benefit to society

also two weeks lol I get a taxpayer funded pension you guys are going to be paying for my boots forever

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just as long as no one goes full dallas again, anyway

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

if a left wing group was marching with guns looking to start violence the loving national guard would be called in to kill them. if its nazis the cops loving march with them

We’ve got armed black panthers that show up somewhat regularly at protest type stuff.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Professor Bling posted:

Or baton rogue, Or Las Vegas, or Lakewood, or Bushwick... What's your point? People have been ambushing and killing police officers since forever in this country.

You guys are all pathetic. The same loser types who read Howard Zinn and woke twitter and think poo poo posting on the internet and ideological purity and just being louder is important.

gently caress you

you don't build the city of god by being woke. You don't do it by being ideologically pure or more outraged by the next fuckin bandanna clad blac block trust fund kid or cocktail hour liberal or whatever. You do it in the bloody cut, in the overheated project living room where great grandma hands you an eighth grade graduation picture and you tell her yes, that is her grandson who got shot in the back because of a Facebook beef, you do it when you're trying to find housing for a abused heroin addicted mother of three at four in the morning on a Sunday, you do it in the mad scuffle over an illegal handgun in the back of a gypsy cab

you do it in the streets

and if you think any of this fuckin dumb poo poo is gonna stop me doing my job gently caress all the way off

Someone's gonna call 911 tomorrow. I'm gonna answer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
yeah but my posting cred

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Smiling Jack posted:

Or baton rogue, Or Las Vegas, or Lakewood, or Bushwick... What's your point? People have been ambushing and killing police officers since forever in this country.

You guys are all pathetic. The same loser types who read Howard Zinn and woke twitter and think poo poo posting on the internet and ideological purity and just being louder is important.

gently caress you

you don't build the city of god by being woke. You don't do it by being ideologically pure or more outraged by the next fuckin bandanna clad blac block trust fund kid or cocktail hour liberal or whatever. You do it in the bloody cut, in the overheated project living room where great grandma hands you an eighth grade graduation picture and you tell her yes, that is her grandson who got shot in the back because of a Facebook beef, you do it when you're trying to find housing for a abused heroin addicted mother of three at four in the morning on a Sunday, you do it in the mad scuffle over an illegal handgun in the back of a gypsy cab

you do it in the streets

and if you think any of this fuckin dumb poo poo is gonna stop me doing my job gently caress all the way off

The city of god? What the hell is going on here?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Professor Bling posted:

also I'm not sure if this was a veiled threat or just a general hope I'm gonna get gunned down by a mentally ill veteran but tbh I've been threatened by way scarier people than internet posters

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Smiling Jack posted:

gently caress you

you do it in the streets

lmao

:chud:

Godholio posted:

yeah but my posting cred

yeah but my security clearance

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

gently caress you

you do it in the streets

Can you guys just do that stuff and not the parts where you threaten unarmed black people with guns or let officers off the hook for DUIs

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Smiling Jack posted:

gently caress you

you do it in the streets

FWIW you give the impression of actually caring about poo poo and having a nuanced view of policing. More cops should think like you.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hegel Exercises posted:

lmao

yeah but my talking about killing members of the government or overthrowing it or whatever

Edit: Try acting like the people you're talking to are human beings.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 12, 2019

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Flying_Crab posted:

FWIW you give the impression of actually caring about poo poo and having a nuanced view of policing. More cops should think like you.

When people assume every single cop is the opposite of this really says more about them then the cops.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
You do good things, but honestly, rubbing it in people's faces isn't going to change people's opinions of police in the face of more publicized actions. And I think most people here, me included, agree police and peace officers are necessary, but that doesn't preclude the need for changes to the force and how they do their job.

King of Bees posted:

When people assume every single cop is the opposite of this really says more about them then the cops.

This reeks of 'love it or leave it' logic. Calling out the obvious system racism of the Police and Justice system is not wrong. And you can support Police while also criticizing them.
Its why the Blue Lives Matters movement is so disgusting, because it assumes and argues Police are above question and honor is deserved rather than earned, and you don't earn honor just by putting on a uniform.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 12, 2019

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
More cops should think, I agree.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hegel Exercises posted:

lmao

So what you're saying is we should leave the policing to the guys who will assault and murder minorities

Also seriously can you go five pages in this thread without personally attacking someone for literally existing

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

CommieGIR posted:

This reeks of 'love it or leave it' logic. Calling out the obvious system racism of the Police and Justice system is not wrong. And you can support Police while also criticizing them.
Its why the Blue Lives Matters movement is so disgusting, because it assumes and argues Police are above question and honor is deserved rather than earned, and you don't earn honor just by putting on a uniform.

We are saying the same thing. Painting every cop with the same brush is ridiculous. And that's what I'm saying is totally stupid.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

King of Bees posted:

We are saying the same thing. Painting every cop with the same brush is ridiculous. And that's what I'm saying is totally stupid.

Fair enough, I'll agree to that.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

here's a newsflash guys, society is loving stupid

go volunteer at a soup kitchen, canvass for your local decent politicians, get a job as a prosecutor or public defender, or social worker, ride or die as vollie ems just fuckin do something okay

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

You know it’s considered gauche to kool-aid guy into a discussion about rape culture and go “NOT ALL MEN!”

Some parallels here.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Hegel Exercises posted:

You know it’s considered gauche to kool-aid guy into a discussion about rape culture and go “NOT ALL MEN!”

Some parallels here.

oh gently caress off

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Hegel Exercises posted:

Some parallels here.

Jesus loving Christ. No there isn't.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

King of Bees posted:

Painting everyone in a certain group with the same brush is always stupid. It's almost like... profiling is bad?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This thread is taking a break. Re-open or post another under pain of ban.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't poo poo it up again

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

EBB posted:

Don't poo poo it up again

So is cop talk off the table or are we allowed to do it respectfully.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe take an extra second to think about what you write before hitting reply.

I'm guilty of saying stupid poo poo without thinking too, but at least scan your reply and think, "would I report this if someone else is posting it?" first. Or, "would what I just wrote warrant a visit from a three letter agency?"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Melthir posted:

So is cop talk off the table or are we allowed to do it respectfully.

We've tried a bunch of different stuff and you guys gently caress it up every time. I'm not banning it, I'm just saying you're all morons and repeat offenders.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Smiling Jack posted:

this is literally what happened

Nah I know, but

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

is there not a way to do it so they aren't loving marching alongside actual flag-waving nazis? I mean if only for the optics of the situation?

Like can't they just herd them into a little fenced off area using cattle-prods or something :shrug:

e]^^ Oh well this is awkward. I'm legit curious though cos I'm imagining how poo poo it must feel being one of the cops that has to look after those dudes. Also whether they have any sort of choice to just not pull that duty or anything.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 12, 2019

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

EBB posted:

We've tried a bunch of different stuff and you guys gently caress it up every time. I'm not banning it, I'm just saying you're all morons and repeat offenders.

We joined the military....

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
In other news, I'm pretty sure an elk gave birth about thirty feet away from me at work yesterday, so that was a thing that happened.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm hearing lots of explosions. Even felt a little vibration with a couple of them. Fort Carson must be out shelling the hills again, but it's a little unusual to hear and feel them this far away. I'm closer to Peterson AFB and they definitely don't have a bomb range at the airport.

Why do that poo poo at midnight? It's gotta be a hell of a lot more noticeable on Carson.

Nothing on the news about it locally and it's been going on for probably at least fifteen minutes.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 12, 2019

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm hearing lots of explosions. Even felt a little vibration with a couple of them. Fort Carson must be out shelling the hills again, but it's a little unusual to hear and feel them this far away. I'm closer to Peterson AFB and they definitely don't have a bomb range at the airport.

Why do that poo poo at midnight? It's gotta be a hell of a lot more noticeable on Carson.

Nothing on the news about it locally and it's been going on for probably at least fifteen minutes.

it's the midwesterners invading

they hate us for our weeds

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Didn't Red Dawn take place in Colorado?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

EBB posted:

And honestly, (here is a serious post from me which outside of news doesn't really happen) I completely understand the disgust and contempt that people have towards law enforcement. With the sudden influence of video cameras being every where all the time your having a group of people (us LEOs) have a public accountability that we have never really had to deal with before.

The advent of this new technology puts public high stress situations out for display among people who have for years been treated like poo poo and there are a lot of us on guys that get it and are amazing at what we do. poo poo there are entire departments that are full of outstanding individuals who would never think of doing some of the hosed up poo poo you read or see about.

The terrifying thing for some people is they realize that they could do something that hosed up. They realize they aren't that well trained and any of them (myself included) live in fear that someday I'm actually going to have to use lethal force on someone and it scares the poo poo out of us.

Honestly that's probably 99 percent of the people who are LEOs. Iv only ran into one person who in was worried about shooting someone and that's mainly because he was loving retarded so we made him do peir side inspections.

When people go out of there way to try to point out the people who legitimately are loving monsters out there and scream ACAB and then try to say that nothing we do is good it's real easy to get worked up because there are a lot of us that are literally trying to make the world a better place. But when we try to point that poo poo out we run into people who have worked themselves into a frothing rage seldom seen outside of boomers protesting abortion clinc just because we a LEO dare have an opinion that is different then how they see the world.

People forget how easy it is to get into a desire to purity test everything around them. We get it. It's a fuckef up system for a lot of people but there are a lot of us out there trying to do the right thing and legit trying to make the world a better place.

Im not asking you guys to stop shiting on bad policing because I'm certainly not im just asking you guys to be legit critical of your beliefs in a case by case situation when we present our opinions. Cause let me tell you it's sometimes a shity job. Not stoving a dads face in on public TV after we found the adult life vest they stuck on there three year old child minus the child it had contained is one of the biggest regrets and at the same time proudest moments of my life.

Not all cops are bastards but the system does loving suck and we are working to fix it.

Melthir fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 12, 2019

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Melthir posted:

And honestly, (here is a serious post from me which outside of news doesn't really happen) I completely understand the disgust and contempt that people have towards law enforcement. With the sudden influence of video cameras being every where all the time your having a group of people (us LEOs) have a public accountability that we have never really had to deal with before.

The advent of this new technology puts public high stress situations out for display among people who have for years been treated like poo poo and there are a lot of us on guys that get it and are amazing at what we do. poo poo there are entire departments that are full of outstanding individuals who would never think of doing some of the hosed up poo poo you read or see about.

The terrifying thing for some people is they realize that they could do something that hosed up. They realize they aren't that well trained and any of them (myself included) live in fear that someday I'm actually going to have to use lethal force on someone and it scares the poo poo out of us.

Honestly that's probably 99 percent of the people who are LEOs. Iv only ran into one person who in was worried about shooting someone and that's mainly because he was loving retarded so we made him do peir side inspections.

When people go out of there way to try to point out the people who legitimately are loving monsters out there and scream ACAB and then try to say that nothing we do is good it's real easy to get worked up because there are a lot of us that are literally trying to make the world a better place. But when we try to point that poo poo out we run into people who have worked themselves into a frothing rage seldom seen outside of boomers protesting abortion clinc just because we a LEO dare have an opinion that is different then how they see the world.

People forget how easy it is to get into a desire to purity test everything around them. We get it. It's a fuckef up system for a lot of people but there are a lot of us out there trying to do the right thing and legit trying to make the world a better place.

Im not asking you guys to stop shiting on bad policing because I'm certainly not im just asking you guys to be legit critical of your beliefs in a case by case situation when we present our opinions. Cause let me tell you it's sometimes a shity job. Not stoving a dads face in on public TV after we found the adult life vest they stuck on there three year old child minus the child it had contained is one of the biggest regrets and at the same time proudest moments of my life.

Not all cops are bastards but the system does loving suck and we are working to fix it.

I know that there are good cops trying to do good work out there. And I know there are departments around the country trying progressive change.
But there's also personal experience and observation.
My city has a separate black police officers' union because a) racism, b) racism, and c) racism preventing real progressive change from being promoted. The white police officer's union has repeatedly elected a complete piece of poo poo to run the union. Like, not just the usual race-baiting and defending the indefensible which we expect from police unions, but enough of a piece of poo poo to have been fired as a cop for repeatedly falsifying police reports.
If most of the cops I see were good, then there wouldn't need to be a black police union.
If most of the cops I see were good, then that scumsucker wouldn't be representing them.
But the plain evidence is that of the cops in my metropolitan area, at least 50% + 1 are bastards.

And I'm sure most major population centers can pull up similar evidence. Not all cops are bastards, but from what I can see, the majority are.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Smiling Jack posted:

oh gently caress off
If you’re a good cop then be a good cop. But you also have to understand you’re part of an institution that doesn’t exactly have the greatest reputation, and trying to be the lone savior of that reputation in this thread will only 100% serve to frustrate you and is probably not worth it. People here don’t like cops. They have reasons for feeling that way. Running in and “NOT ALL COPS!”ing the discussion is just throwing gasoline on the fire (and yes, that is what you were doing).

One bad apple spoils the bunch. Believe it or not but these sayings exist for a reason.

colachute fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jun 12, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Ultimately I don't think it makes any more sense to go after individual officers (particularly the ones posting in this thread) for the actions of policing in America than it does to, say, go after someone who eats meat for contributing to climate change. Yes, both are parts of toxic and destructive systems, but the actual driving forces of that toxicity and destruction are so far above their pay grade that going after them is often missing the forest for the trees. Smiling Jack didn't choose to criminalize marijuana, and Chiche isn't the one voting for communities like Ferguson to pad their budgets by issuing bogus fines to poor African-Americans.

Policing is a lovely job that deals with the worst elements of society at the best of times. And yeah, there are a LOT of lovely and petty officers out there, and rotten departments. But the way to solve racist policies and enforcement isn't to fling poo poo at people who already know the profession is hosed (and who very likely already agree with you), it's to focus on the people with the power to make and change policy at the very top-DAs, AGs, legislatures, and executives.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just spitballin' here but maybe not having the country's mental health care system being the prison-industrial complex and forcing cops to be the front line of our "arrest them all, let for-profit prisons sort them out" policy could work to alleviate a lot of problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/spy_stations/status/1138733365258063875?s=21

This kind of reminds me on how the Taliban destroyed the Buddha’s of Bamiyan in early 2001

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 12, 2019