Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Pamper's evolution, Prodoggie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Trying to think of any Pokemon that get cuter when they evolve and so far I have Gloom and Cutiefly.

Togepi.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Beachcomber posted:

Trying to think of any Pokemon that get cuter when they evolve and so far I have Gloom and Cutiefly.

Cottonee

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I absolutely love Togekiss, my big fluffy marshmallow dragon slayer, but Togepi is loving adorable.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

Petlil, Roselia, and Sentret I think. This one's hard.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Diglett gets at least three times cuter

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Thankfully I'm not a completionist or a competitive battler so I can deal with not having every Pokemon available. I'm happy to play through the game once with what's available and call it a day.

That said if Breloom isn't available in Galar, I will burn Kyoto to the ground.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That said if Breloom isn't available in Galar, I will burn Kyoto to the ground.

I was just about to say Shroomish. Breloom is so cute and always looks happy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Scholtz posted:

Diglett gets at least three times cuter

diglett's evolution is the first known unovan forme

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

There are a lot of second forms that look bad followed by third forms that look rad, although I don't know if that counts for this

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Chronojam posted:

There are a lot of second forms that look bad followed by third forms that look rad, although I don't know if that counts for this

I personally never evolve an Oddish unless it's a high enough level or I have a sun stone, so opine away.

Edit: rad isn't the same as cute, though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Beachcomber posted:

That's a tough one, but I know they exist

I think the new flower pokemon looks cuter when it becomes the puffball

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
The "ampere" part of Yamper's name is immediately apparent to me, but where does the Y come from? Yap?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

The "ampere" part of Yamper's name is immediately apparent to me, but where does the Y come from? Yap?

yam. it's not a dog. it's a tuber

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Chronojam posted:

Yeah I was about to say "every starter Pokemons second->third evolution"

While evolving to get cuter is uncommon normally, it appears that no mega evolution makes any Pokemon cuter.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Beachcomber posted:

I would like to see an evolution that goes smaller and cuter, rather than bigger and more murdery.

Gloom → Bellossom

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nasgate posted:

While evolving to get cuter is uncommon normally, it appears that no mega evolution makes any Pokemon cuter.

Mawile

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Yamper = yammer + ampère

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nasgate posted:

Kangaskhan and Salamence.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Nasgate posted:

Sableye

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

People are losing their minds over speculation and are getting very angry at people who aren't as up in arms about it as they are. Every time gamers get in an uproar about a situation and try to Gamexplain it through the little info they have, we ignore them. Pokémon isn't special.

We don't have details, and they will probably clarify as we get closer to launch. I hope they will make a decision that makes everyone happy, but Game Freak and Nintendo are the most incompetent companies in existence and constantly stumble into their undeserved success or whatever, so they won't. Come to terms with that now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Is it just me or does Yamper look less like a corgi from the front and more like a Boston Terrier or something?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Game Freak and Nintendo are the most incompetent companies in existence
lol

Game Freak, mayyyyybe. Nintendo, absolutely not

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Salamence looks dorkier, not cuter. Otherwise I agree.

Feb 2, 2005

Nasgate posted:

Audino

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Xelkelvos posted:

Is it just me or does Yamper look less like a corgi from the front and more like a Boston Terrier or something?

yeah the nose isn’t long enough

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ms Adequate posted:

Actual lmao that a game series specifically about having a thousand of these little fuckers, collecting (th)'em all, and everyone having a weird favorite nobody else ever uses, is not going to have the entire roster.

I mean I'll only care if my enigmatic child Sigilyph is absent but they wouldn't leave out the best mon so :v:

Not to mention that this is both the new generation of games AND the first title not in the Gameboy/DS and now has the extra juice of a (still portable) home console and instead of making this gen the foundation of all pokemon games moving forward they’re using this moment to make a fundamental shift at the design level and turning each pokemon game into a specifically tailored garden where you can no longer take your entire collection with you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nasgate posted:

hosed up and wrong, Mega Evolution made everything cuter. Mega Beedrill is hella cute.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Feebas

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Mega Slowbro is super comfy, and cute

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Yz3hQM504

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Not every kid who played RBY / GS followed through to Gen Three, not controversial.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

hosed up and wrong, Mega Evolution made everything cuter. Mega Beedrill is hella cute.

Scizor is one of my favorite Pokemon ever but I don't care for its Mega Evolution.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Don't forget how cute and fabulous Mega Ampharos is

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Takoluka posted:

People are losing their minds over speculation and are getting very angry at people who aren't as up in arms about it as they are. Every time gamers get in an uproar about a situation and try to Gamexplain it through the little info they have, we ignore them. Pokémon isn't special.

We don't have details, and they will probably clarify as we get closer to launch. I hope they will make a decision that makes everyone happy, but Game Freak and Nintendo are the most incompetent companies in existence and constantly stumble into their undeserved success or whatever, so they won't. Come to terms with that now.

I keep beating on this dead horse but until the details of how Home works and how many pokemon are going to be in the Galar dex are released he shouldn't of dropped this particular nugget then walked away. It was poor loving planning on Masuda's part.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The awe of Dynamax kinda falls flat when you can render them utterly impotent via Statuses and Screen moves

Galarians must be some incredibly weak-willed chumps if they never thought to send out a group of ten-year olds to solve the pandemic - especially since it only takes ten minutes to tame a Dynamax pokemon...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

The awe of Dynamax kinda falls flat when you can render them utterly impotent via Statuses and Screen moves

Galarians must be some incredibly weak-willed chumps if they never thought to send out a group of ten-year olds to solve the pandemic - especially since it only takes ten minutes to tame a Dynamax pokemon...

Uh except that Steelix still took off like a third of the health of a Ludicolo with a Rock move even with Reflect wile burned.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

oddium posted:

yeah the nose isn’t long enough

Supposedly Yamper has an evolution. Hopefully it's next stage looks more like proper corgi.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yamper is going to be a trash pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Iron Crowned posted:

Yamper is going to be a trash pokemon

That’s what people thought about pachirisu