Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

chitoryu12 posted:

A 7 foot pile of cinder blocks weighing 600 pounds will avoid crushing you because you have a helmet?

I mean, it's a broken leg situation at worst (really, my biggest cringe factor was seeing that nobody was wearing shin guards).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, it's a broken leg situation at worst (really, my biggest cringe factor was seeing that nobody was wearing shin guards).

I'm not going to risk broken leg over a wacky zany youtube video make sure to smash that health insurance button.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

A 7 foot pile of cinder blocks weighing 600 pounds will avoid crushing you because you have a helmet?

That’s like three cinder blocks kind of sliding into you and bouncing off at most.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

chitoryu12 posted:

Winner takes the motorcycle

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

Winner takes the motorcycle

The loser of cinderblock jenga dies. The winner dies in a motorcycle accident.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fallom posted:

That’s like three cinder blocks kind of sliding into you and bouncing off at most.

Yeah, a cinder block just bounces off my dude.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Nenonen posted:

Or a normal person on a bicycle. Jesus christ my skull would be so deformed from riding while drunk or during night if that was near my home. Now there is one light traffic underpass where I *barely* fit on my bike without lowering my head, but I still always instinctively do it anyway when I approach because I don't want to look like one of those trucks.

Wear a helmet if you're so worried about hitting your head.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://i.imgur.com/485q0yJ.mp4

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Preparing for an epic icebucket challenge

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know how you could think that a door with a window to the outside could somehow lead to a bathroom.

The same way most lovely decisions are caused: intoxication and diarrhea.

GotLag posted:

Wear a helmet if you're so worried about hitting your head.

I would not be worried about my head, I'd just be worried about the poor bridge.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PittTheElder posted:

drat. I definitely watched video of the Nedelin catastrophe (probably don't), sounds like that scaled up.

It's exactly like that.

But instead of blurry VHS security tapes featuring vague silhouettes, it's modern ultra high def footage with sound.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Month into a neck injury , 2 weeks with a crick, then a 8 hour visit to the ER. Best the docs can give me is a few muscle relaxers and some 800 mg ibuprofen. Turns out boss at work coulda sent me to their doctor when it first happened but “I was needed for day to day operations” Murica

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/P3Twsyu.mp4

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

a sexual elk posted:

Month into a neck injury , 2 weeks with a crick, then a 8 hour visit to the ER. Best the docs can give me is a few muscle relaxers and some 800 mg ibuprofen. Turns out boss at work coulda sent me to their doctor when it first happened but “I was needed for day to day operations” Murica

:(

I hate the opiod epidemic. Now when people legit have pain, they can't get the "good" painkillers because everyone is scared shitless of getting sued. I had a kidney stone about a decade ago, and got percocet to keep me hosed up for a solid month because they loving hurt. Got one last year and I got 8 vicoden (which made me itchy) and a shot of toradol. loving SSSSUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKEEEEEDDD.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

:(

I hate the opiod epidemic. Now when people legit have pain, they can't get the "good" painkillers because everyone is scared shitless of getting sued. I had a kidney stone about a decade ago, and got percocet to keep me hosed up for a solid month because they loving hurt. Got one last year and I got 8 vicoden (which made me itchy) and a shot of toradol. loving SSSSUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKEEEEEDDD.

Buy heroin because it’s easier than getting prescription opiates.

Cheaper, too, if you don’t have health insurance.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

a sexual elk posted:

That's illegal as poo poo btw.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fallin1 posted:

That's illegal as poo poo btw.

I don't think Elk are covered by OSHA regs.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Powershift posted:

I don't think Elk are covered by OSHA regs.

well ackshually https://ravallirepublic.com/news/local/article_a34159e8-4f66-599a-89fc-d0426cb5265e.html

I got to witness that osha investigation

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

a sexual elk posted:

My friend is a character worker at Universal and injured her back in a car crash in the parking garage while leaving. They told her that she can't be put on light duty because it technically wasn't an accident that occurred on the job, so her options are either stop working or work her hours with a back injury.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Hoo boy. Glass floor of Willis Tower skydeck in Chicago fractures with folks standing on it:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/11/protective-layer-of-willis-tower-skydeck-ledge-cracks-under-visitors-feet/

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Hoo boy. Glass floor of Willis Tower skydeck in Chicago fractures with folks standing on it:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/11/protective-layer-of-willis-tower-skydeck-ledge-cracks-under-visitors-feet/

I like how this is the 2nd time this has happened.

I'm tall and fat and have stood on this same spot without it cracking

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm terrified of heights so that would probably have still killed me via heart attack.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

I'm terrified of heights so that would probably have still killed me via heart attack.

Are you a horse?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cojawfee posted:

Are you a horse?

Obviously not, they didn't think of ants and die

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Are you a horse?

I'm cheaper and probably can survive a broken leg.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Nedelin catastrophe

Is this the one where a door to a labyrinth appears in a suburban home?

Or is it a Hitman mission?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Is this the one where a door to a labyrinth appears in a suburban home?

Or is it a Hitman mission?

It's the one where someone accidentally pressed the Launch Rocket button much too early.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
The number of Kerbals I've inadvertently done pretty much the same thing to over the years...

Always check your staging.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

"That URL... This is gonna be a Montana story, isn't it?"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1138714421180547072

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1138717013533061121

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
The most OSHA part of an air conditioner installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf2XMT7Qqrg&t=1145s

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

"That URL... This is gonna be a Montana story, isn't it?"

They died in idaho, but the outfitter whose guides died with the hunters works out of the bitterroot valley near missoula ya

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Did wound care on a young guy that had his foot run over by a riding mower. It was horribly split in half, long ways. He ended up losing it after a prolonged course of surgeries and wound care. Don't gently caress around with mowers.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That's not how push-mowers work!!!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

That's not how push-mowers work!!!

Depends how gassy you are

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Azhais posted:

Depends how gassy you are

Why do you think they called it Spicy Stories? You don't get gas like that from food that isn't covered in demonic hell-spice.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Perhaps if you're mowing a hillside?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day