Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wingull are terrifying now.

https://i.imgur.com/uepSF2D.gifv

Their wings not moving freak me out.

lol, amazing that its cool for static models to move lazily about the screen but they had so much work doing animations you guys :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I want to see wild Archeops now. Watching a snake/bird cursing the uncaring modelers who doomed it to an eternity of desperately flapping a foot off the ground would be the antidote for things like this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zore posted:

lol, amazing that its cool for static models to move lazily about the screen but they had so much work doing animations you guys :allears:

I never said it was cool.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
But for real why the gently caress would they put in Wingull if they're cutting Pokemon. It having no animation for flying looks insanely bad and seems like an easy no brainer to just not include.

I never said it was cool.

I was poking at Gamefreak and their reasoning for not including Pokemon being 'too much animation' then putting in a T Posing bird moving around in the air.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I do think the new animations, limited to few scenarios as they may be, are indeed a reason why the game isn't compatible with all pokemon at launch.

Unrelated to that: game look fairly ugly. Aesthetics are clean, but lol that geometry, lmao those birds. Textures are plain as hell.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
It's a safe bet that legendaries and such from previous games are in, right? Leggos are popular?

I need my bae Suicune

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

ElTacoGato posted:

I hope that they try to make sure it's balanced across all generations, so that every generation has pokemon missing, and not just "we'll include everything from gen 1 and 2 because we don't want to piss off the old people who've only played those games and got back in with Go/Let's Go, most cuts will come from newer generations because gently caress those guys".

There are currently 11 Gen I families revealed, versus 12 Gen V. Just an interesting aside I checked out.

Gen I usually gens a lot of the spotlight but there's been a few instances of an entire generation getting preferential treatment. There's more Gen III families that Mega Evolve than any other.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Iymarra posted:

It's a safe bet that legendaries and such from previous games are in, right? Leggos are popular?

I need my bae Suicune

Those should be the easiest cuts since so many have dumb gimmicks that explode the number of NPCs you need to do things like change Deoxys and Meolotta's formes, give you items for Shaymin etc. A lot also gently caress up balance which is another factor they said they're doing it for.

Because Gamefreak is Gamefreaking they're probably all in though lol.

The Golden Gael posted:

There are currently 11 Gen I families revealed, versus 12 Gen V. Just an interesting aside I checked out.

Gen I usually gens a lot of the spotlight but there's been a few instances of an entire generation getting preferential treatment. There's more Gen III families that Mega Evolve than any other.

Probably because the second game in Gen VI was a Gen III remake.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Zore posted:

Those should be the easiest cuts since so many have dumb gimmicks that explode the number of NPCs you need to do things like change Deoxys and Meolotta's formes, give you items for Shaymin etc. A lot also gently caress up balance which is another factor they said they're doing it for.

Because Gamefreak is Gamefreaking they're probably all in though lol.

Serebii says Mew is. But it's also easier to check on all TMs rather than make a curated list for, say, Suicune.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Looking at the video around the point of that clip.... uh, the sky is completely overcast, but the grass doesn't give a gently caress.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Golden Gael posted:

Serebii says Mew is. But it's also easier to check on all TMs rather than make a curated list for, say, Suicune.

Says Mew is what? I'm confused.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm :smith:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I logged back into Bank for the first time in forever, but I'm pretty sure I had more than two the last time I checked
there's apparently a grace period if your subscription lapses, but if you leave it too long...
sorry man :(

d'aww, I like 'em. They're like little airplanes~!

RatHat posted:

I really hope there are only that many because of the rain...
they explicitly stated during treehouse that, yes, weather influences what pokemon show up where. If it was snowing, expect to see a lot of snover, for example

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

At least this pushed me to skip my third pokemon game in a row and instead focus on Dragon Quest 11 S

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've thought about it and I guess I don't mind so bad because it will be like a new journey and I can start fresh and catch everything as they add them

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wingul has always hovered over the ground, since the introduction of the 3D era. I'm used to it acting like a paper airplane.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

good

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zore posted:

Says Mew is what? I'm confused.

There’s no way they’ll remove the 60 dollar Mew people paid for in LGPE.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

One pic, two good reasons to not have encounters in the overworld and to return to sprites.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they're in the middle of a soaring battle obviously

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RatHat posted:

you're right, there should be double the wingull

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Gripweed posted:

What's frustrating is that you know all 150 first gen Pokemon will be included. But the best Pokemon, like Trubbish and Chandelure, were introduced later so they might be on the chopping block.

trubbish will be in because they mentioned theyre going to include all of the most british pokemon

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Yinlock posted:

you're right, there should be double the wingull

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

trubbish will be in because they mentioned theyre going to include all of the most british pokemon

is there a pokemon that's just the color grey

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Gamefreak: We can't do all the pokemon because of animations.
Nerds: it's the same combat animations from Gen 6
Dweebs: there are animations outside of combat you have to consider, stop whining
Gamefreak: No those are the same Gen 6 animations also.

Jokes aside, the biggest crime of not having all the pokemon is people not being able to do Fluff Team with Wooloo, Mareep, the fluffy plants and the poodle. They might not ever meet outside of limbo...

Home's gotta be more than just storage, you can't open with "we know it's really important to be able to bring all your friends you've had for over a decade with you to each game, so here's Home" and then follow that up with "it's purgatory until we decide to let Darmanitan be in a game again"

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
My tiny heart is breaking because my wild caught G3 shiny Spinda is going to die alone in a box just like my G2 wild caught shiny Drowzee. :smith:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

EthanSteele posted:

Gamefreak: We can't do all the pokemon because of animations.
Nerds: it's the same combat animations from Gen 6
Dweebs: there are animations outside of combat you have to consider, stop whining
Gamefreak: No those are the same Gen 6 animations also.

everyone else: who cares

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Whats the usual timeframe for a game going gold and being put on cartridges for release? One or two months before the release date?

Cause its june right now and they dont have that much time left

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's also a demo, so there may be a chance there's pokemon they don't want to reveal yet (be they new pokemon or returning old pokemon) 'turned off' so they don't show up, so the game is just 'hey it's raining the only thing in this encounter table I'm finding is wingull so.... here you go'? Maybe that's a reach, but. vOv

The Golden Gael posted:

That's cool. :shobon: I do hope it will end up balanced across all gens well.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Yinlock posted:

everyone else: who cares

wow great point. just a fantastic point. you know I’d never considered - before now that is - that some people don’t care about things that others do care about. wild

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the tpose wingull look very stupid but I bet they won’t look like that in the actual game

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

indigi posted:

the tpose wingull look very stupid but I bet they won’t look like that in the actual game

The hell would you assume that.

This is the bit that they wanted to show off. I doubt anything will be changed except maybe some minor performance improvements before release.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DemoneeHo posted:

Whats the usual timeframe for a game going gold and being put on cartridges for release? One or two months before the release date?

Cause its june right now and they dont have that much time left

I'm not an expert here but it seems pretty variable. And now that Day 1 patches are a thing it's a bit less relevant. Although I know Nintendo hasn't been as willing to ship nearly broken games as some other studios are.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

We shall never escape the curse of the Sky Battles.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Finished X, including the Looker side quest in the post-game, which turned out to be my favorite part. Overall not bad, but Black 2 is still my favorite of the games so far.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

indigi posted:

wow great point. just a fantastic point. you know I’d never considered - before now that is - that some people don’t care about things that others do care about. wild

you're welcome

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Farecoal posted:

Finished X, including the Looker side quest in the post-game, which turned out to be my favorite part. Overall not bad, but Black 2 is still my favorite of the games so far.

Black/White 2 were also probably my favorite Pokemon until Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

I just love Alola so much it's such a good region

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Black/White 2 were also probably my favorite Pokemon until Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

I just love Alola so much it's such a good region

Alola is so good. Since I want all living dexes to be dead dexes I just hope they can evoke the same feeling with Galar, even if Brits are miserable and confused about Skarmory feathers (that's more a Scot thing but sorry).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gripweed posted:

What's frustrating is that you know all 150 first gen Pokemon will be included. But the best Pokemon, like Trubbish and Chandelure, were introduced later so they might be on the chopping block.

Chandelure is most certainly in. It's Japan's favorite Gen V Pokemon.

There was a poll for that specifically and it won, which is how it ended up in Pokken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Ristolaz posted:

The first piece of concept art for Galar