Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
3 x 13" in 3 single turrets
10 x 3" in 13 single turrets
No torpedoes
Fast (can we hit 26 knots if we drop armor to minimum?)
Luxurious
Medium range so the Tzar can vacation in the Mediterranean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Is that just the cabinspaces, or can we legit give the whole ship mahogany fittings and engraved scrollwork gun barrels?

I was thinking of the cabin spaces, but then I remembered you also get to draw stuff on the ship picture so in theory maybe you can painstakingly add scrollwork to the superstructure?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Speleothing posted:

3 x 13" in 3 single turrets
10 x 3" in 13 single turrets
No torpedoes
Fast (can we hit 26 knots if we drop armor to minimum?)
Luxurious
Medium range so the Tzar can vacation in the Mediterranean.

Fitting out 13 turrets with only 10 guns would be extremely impressive

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Crazycryodude posted:

Fitting out 13 turrets with only 10 guns would be extremely impressive

The tsar demands a rotating observation platform.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
A 13" telescope in a heavily armored turret, rather than a gun.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
So no one willing to submit a design?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Grey Hunter posted:

So no one willing to submit a design?

I will. Just won't be able to do it until I get home.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah sorry, didn’t put one together last night but I could later today when I get to my laptop.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I formally request a 24h extension for ship designers.

And a further call to action for shipwrights to participate. This is your chance to put forward your vision of the future of nautical craft. Because the Tsar deserves the finest in vodka, caviar, hardened armour plate and large bore APCBC-firing rifles

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The request was for a yacht, I think a destroyer would be fine.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

We're only building one of them, cost is no object

1x13" up front for dick-waving contests, no turret so the Tsar can stand round and applaud watching the men fire it each day to mark noon
No need for secondaries
Fastest ship in the navy so our Tsar can arrive at international events ahead of and showing up other nations
Long range so we can get to them
Engines built for reliability to avoid embarassment of being left adrift and towed into port
Best accommodations possible
No armour
E: also a seaplane hangar for 1 seaplane because I didn't know that was a thing!
Call it the Fabergé unless that name's on someone's list (as it's Russian, expensive, and fragile)

If someone with the game is happy to build this for me and put it up for a vote, I'd love you forever

simplefish fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 12, 2019

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Pravitel Morya-i-Neba.30d

The P_C Design Bureau presents a suitable Yacht for our glorious Tsar, the Ruler of the Sea and Sky. A luxury design that includes a 3-inch hunting rifle for the Tsar's expeditions, a launcher for oxygen power single-person high speed sea vehicles and a hanger bay for a skycraft in case the Tsar wishes to observe his glorious fleet from a perspective on high, deserving of his greatness.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Lone Badger posted:

The request was for a yacht, I think a destroyer would be fine.

You forget the conditions for 'winning' at ship design.

One of which is tonnage.

eDIT: U couldn't figure out whioch was the save. then it was 11 and I have work tomorrow augh

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 12, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

We desperately need to stop keeping so many ships in active fleet in peacetime. With mothballing the old (worthless) Battleships and more ships in reserve we could easily save 1500/month which is enough to let us build two more actually decent battleships.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I will definitely be putting up a submission around 5:30pm eastern American time tonight, so I hope things don't close out before then.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

"My staff will not stop pestering me about this damned yacht ... Yes, come in ..."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q9hu2za5UlaHSStQvwDIg51J4YlS977A'

"Kapitan Ushakov here, sir! The Derzhava II is simply everything that a royal yacht must be. She is fast and she is untroubled by such things as "too many guns" or "too much armor." Need I say, she is also affordable? The Tsar could have one for the Black Sea and one for the Baltic!"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xlLwodckm7F0iSVgj5jUpuCRZAzH-fYX

"Kapitan Apraksin reporting! Unlike its successors, the Livadia III is an experimental ship that will surely be successful. She is fast! A full five knots faster than any ship her size. She has a large battery of "saluting guns" perfect for paying respects to His Majesty's royal cousins or seeing off any cruiser that would be dastardly as to attack our beloved Tsar! Given our newfound advances in torpedoes, I took the liberty of adding ... a few."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AEo0-JUpIfQnriZ_dkhi8O_tr9vGK4ZZ

"Nonsense! Sir, Kontr-admiral Raslkolinov here. The Tsar deserves the largest, most powerful yacht in the world. [b]Sankt-Peterburg/b] is just such a vessel. She carries her naval rifles in the bow, leaving the aft deck open for use as a tennis court, open-air ballroom, or simply for taking in the airs. Need I mention her very imposing battery of secondary guns? A broadside from them alone could see off a German battleship!"

--

The design requirements I set for myself.

1. Medium Range
2. Maximum possible speed (for the smaller designs)
3. Maximum main gun caliber feasible
4. "Colonial Service" to simulate the extra decoration and all the extra crew (one Russian royal yacht had 65 musicians, 15 choir singers, and another 50 royal hangers-on).

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
FROM THE DESK OF K. VORCHUN
CHIEF DESIGNER, BALTIC YARDS
SANKT-PETERBURG

The Tsar's yacht should have long range instead! All the better for cruises to visit the leaders of other nations. A large gun at the fore is all the main armament it needs, and the galleries along the sides are left free for pleasant strolls to take in the weather. The aft deck is set up for skeet shooting, or shooting sports of a more brisk and exhilarating variety, using the six secondary guns mounted there. If pursuers are not put off by the 25-knot speed, they will be adequately dissuaded by the rear-facing torpedo tube. All this while remaining relatively inexpensive, as befits our current financial situation.

https://gofile.io/?c=bqVBSM

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I am far too tired. Have a pair of designs.

The first is a modification of one of our light cruisers. Modified so much it is basically an entirely different ship. It's not the fastest, but it has extreme range, an armoured secure room for the Tsar, the ability to give a perfect 21 gun salute, and even space for one of those new automoplanes.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qa2dztfr4on2w2f/Diana-Royale.30d/file

The next design was caused by a sleep-deprived fever dream. What if the Tsar is ambushed by those diabolical Marxists? Then it would behoove us to give him a ship that can not only cruise, but potentially cruise into battle. Includes an extensive shipborne palace and room for two sky chariots, befitting royalty.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9j72qg6w7dc3l8x/Romanov%27s_Pride.30d/file

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seven designs, and not one of them has accommodations above "normal"

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

seven designs, and not one of them has accommodations above "normal"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aww, what? poo poo, what is this

what research does the Tsar need to demand, to get luxurious accomodations

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Aww, what? poo poo, what is this

what research does the Tsar need to demand, to get luxurious accomodations

Normal accommodations are Luxurious. Serfs have the Luxury of only sharing their bed with 2 other people, nevermind the fact that they even get beds.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The real-world distinction that normal/cramped represents is whether the sailors live on the ship full time or only sleep onboard when they’re at sea and live in barracks otherwise. Normal is taken to mean “comfortable enough to live on” while cramped is “so cramped even the military can only make people live on this thing when there’s literally no alternative”

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

(Prince Valeryan Igorovich Urodlivyy, at a historical costume ball in St. Petersburg, circa 1899)

My beloved cousin Kolya,

I was so pleased when I heard that a new royal yacht was to be constructed. Please find below the plans for the Imperator Nicolai Veliki, which will put to shame any of your cousin's royal yachts at the next regatta.

Ship Design

As you can see, the ship can give a proper 21 gun salute, and moreover has six of our latest, most advanced guns. Let's see Cousin Willie match that! Or match the speed of this craft, which tops all but the fastest of modern destroyers at 27 knots. But even better are the amenities. As you can see, we have found a way to fit a full sized horse racetrack upon the expanded deck, to go with a full athletics complex including a pool, tennis courts, and a new "basket-ball" court- a game that an American contact of mine has reported as quite entertaining and good for the lungs. Moreover, while the thousand plus household crew will staff this floating palace, thanks to advancements in machining they will not fill and sully the halls of the Royal Quarters, and have their own, cloistered section in the miniature St. Basil's to be constructed on the aft deck. And with the copious pantry and wine cellars serving as ballast, this vessel can carry you and your best friends (and cousins!) around the world without needing to ever leave the comforts of home behind. I cannot wait to sail the the high seas with you, my lord!

Yours, always,
Valeroshka

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 13, 2019

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
gently caress yes I was hoping somebody better at it than me would come by and gently caress up the superstructure drawing

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

So here are our designs, please vote!

Pirate Radar posted:

FROM THE DESK OF K. VORCHUN
CHIEF DESIGNER, BALTIC YARDS
SANKT-PETERBURG

The Tsar's yacht should have long range instead! All the better for cruises to visit the leaders of other nations. A large gun at the fore is all the main armament it needs, and the galleries along the sides are left free for pleasant strolls to take in the weather. The aft deck is set up for skeet shooting, or shooting sports of a more brisk and exhilarating variety, using the six secondary guns mounted there. If pursuers are not put off by the 25-knot speed, they will be adequately dissuaded by the rear-facing torpedo tube. All this while remaining relatively inexpensive, as befits our current financial situation.

https://gofile.io/?c=bqVBSM

professor_curly posted:

Pravitel Morya-i-Neba.30d

The P_C Design Bureau presents a suitable Yacht for our glorious Tsar, the Ruler of the Sea and Sky. A luxury design that includes a 3-inch hunting rifle for the Tsar's expeditions, a launcher for oxygen power single-person high speed sea vehicles and a hanger bay for a skycraft in case the Tsar wishes to observe his glorious fleet from a perspective on high, deserving of his greatness.

habeasdorkus posted:

(Prince Valeryan Igorovich Urodlivyy, at a historical costume ball in St. Petersburg, circa 1899)

My beloved cousin Kolya,

I was so pleased when I heard that a new royal yacht was to be constructed. Please find below the plans for the Imperator Nicolai Veliki, which will put to shame any of your cousin's royal yachts at the next regatta.

Ship Design

As you can see, the ship can give a proper 21 gun salute, and moreover has six of our latest, most advanced guns. Let's see Cousin Willie match that! Or match the speed of this craft, which tops all but the fastest of modern destroyers at 27 knots. But even better are the amenities. As you can see, we have found a way to fit a full sized horse racetrack upon the expanded deck, to go with a full athletics complex including a pool, tennis courts, and a new "basket-ball" court- a game that an American contact of mine has reported as quite entertaining and good for the lungs. Moreover, while the thousand plus household crew will staff this floating palace, thanks to advancements in machining they will not fill and sully the halls of the Royal Quarters, and have their own, cloistered section in the miniature St. Basil's to be constructed on the aft deck. And with the copious pantry and wine cellars serving as ballast, this vessel can carry you and your best friends (and cousins!) around the world without needing to ever leave the comforts of home behind. I cannot wait to sail the the high seas with you, my lord!

Yours, always,
Valeroshka

Paingod556 posted:

I am far too tired. Have a pair of designs.

The first is a modification of one of our light cruisers. Modified so much it is basically an entirely different ship. It's not the fastest, but it has extreme range, an armoured secure room for the Tsar, the ability to give a perfect 21 gun salute, and even space for one of those new automoplanes.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qa2dztfr4on2w2f/Diana-Royale.30d/file

The next design was caused by a sleep-deprived fever dream. What if the Tsar is ambushed by those diabolical Marxists? Then it would behoove us to give him a ship that can not only cruise, but potentially cruise into battle. Includes an extensive shipborne palace and room for two sky chariots, befitting royalty.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9j72qg6w7dc3l8x/Romanov%27s_Pride.30d/file

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Imperator Nicolai Veliki Because if it's not an abomination, what's the point?

Arban
Aug 28, 2017

Veloxyll posted:

This

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Veloxyll posted:

Yyyyyyyyup!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Veloxyll posted:

:hmmyes: It's beautiful.

e: Albeit not as beautiful as the CVL auto-design suggested to Grey in the video.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 13, 2019

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

:hmmyes: It's beautiful.

e: Albeit not as beautiful as the CVL auto-design suggested to Grey in the video.

Yeah, that was special.

Oh! forgot to link Todays video!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Veloxyll posted:

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

So here are our designs, please vote!

"I think the Tsar is angry at us. He is not returning our telegrams."

(If three designs is too many, consider this my official entry)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xlLwodckm7F0iSVgj5jUpuCRZAzH-fYX

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Veloxyll posted:

Absolutely

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

:yeshaha:

As Bac pointed out in Discord, if it survives long enough it can get converted into an aircraft carrier. I think that's literally the only good thing about the design.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Imperator Nicolai Veliki

Just think of how jealous Kaiser Wilhelm will be.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Imperator Nikolai

Only downside is the lack of reliability in the engines, maybe the Kaiser will see fit to place some money into researching new better forms of transit. I have heard of innovations with oil fired engines which are not only cleaner! (Thus allowing a more luxurious trip.) but more efficient and reliable than coal. I also heard they reduce the weight requirements on a ship which would allow for increased amenities, perhaps an opera or orchestra could be added to the vessel if that were the case.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Veloxyll posted:

not an empty quote

Sammich Reaper
Apr 25, 2006
Imperator Nicolai Veliki Finally a design request worthy of Prince Valeryan Igorovich Urodlivyy's vision!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
that is quite the... design.