Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

i did the ropalolyst four times and got a different wisp part each time

fully expecting to never have good luck ever again for the rest of my life

wisp rules though new favorite frame hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, might want to start running Silva & Aegis if you're running the Javlok:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1139039286882443264

Looks like I'm going to be running Mutalist Cernos:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1138945616514560002

Wisp's parts are cooking, took me longer to farm the Hex whatever stuff then farm her. I got a 50% off coupon, caved and bought Nidus for the exactly 112 plat I had left, cause gently caress the Glast Gambit into next week.

Also having a hard time with Disruption cause the Pubbies on PS4 don't understand how to defend.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you know you dont need to defend the terminal right? your goal after putting a key in is to find the demolyst and kill him as soon as possible. the health bar you see is for the demolyst not the terminal.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The game is no longer fun. Nightwave ruined it and the new boss and mode don't do anything to solve it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Awesome! posted:

the health bar you see is for the demolyst not the terminal.

God dammit DE.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

We Know Catheters posted:

The game is no longer fun. Nightwave ruined it and the new boss and mode don't do anything to solve it.

extremely same

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I know they showed the Lotus ephemera on a dev stream, but did we ever see the dolon eph in effect?

Kinda wish you could click the rewards for a preview, the rift sigil sounds cool, but i have no idea how it actually meshes with the rest of my colors. Rest of it seems like some nice utility with some good completionist goodies like the palette.

k bye

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 13, 2019

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
its insane to me that people treat nightwave like its a loving job

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
its not even that its a job, its that they make really boring tasks to get points about it. it was supposed to be a fun thing to encourage people to play but half the stuff they decided for goals is incredibly not fun.

i liked it better when there were alerts that i could do or not do and otherwise just play however and everything worked out, now its "do these specific tasks or lose out on stuff you cant get anywhere else."

it kind of sucks.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I did all but three of the Nightwave missions in like 2-3 hours last night and had time to screw around with other stuff too, I'm liking the changes so far.

EDIT: I accomplished some things I needed to do anyway, like farming up some more ducats and finally upgrading my Rubico Prime from the 60/60 mods to the 90's (and Primed Cryo Rounds). I'll figure out if I want to do the Sab Cache and Vallis ones later.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Doing or getting taxid/afk through a single void exterm mission (which doesn't have alarms) where you do an emote and spray a sigil instantly gives you 11000 rep and 100 nora coins, which you can use to stock up on nitain or grab the glaive bp for MR, and then you can just ignore the rest, there's nothing essential. And not getting the 500 kills weekly is basically impossible. Even the final rank reward ephemera is explicitly marked as not being exclusive.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 13, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

We're gonna go through these complaints every single season regardless of what changes they make aren't we?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

njsykora posted:

We're gonna go through these complaints every single season regardless of what changes they make aren't we?

yes

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

if you missed a challenge they now replace a challenge with a previous challenge you missed so at the moment the system seems fine on that front

the issue isnt the FOMO outside the forma a probably majority of people havent actually used its are new players getting enough nitain or helmets compared to the previous system

current system seems more forgivable, also less bullshit challenges, but the rewards well see

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I know they showed the Lotus ephemera on a dev stream, but did we ever see the dolon eph in effect?

Kinda wish you could click the rewards for a preview, the rift sigil sounds cool, but i have no idea how it actually meshes with the rest of my colors. Rest of it seems like some nice utility with some good completionist goodies like the palette.

k bye

The rift sigil already exists for old vets, I’m sure you can find a screen shot of how it looks somewhere.

As for disruption, it took me two tries to get pubbies competent enough to get to 4K points. Even that second time we had a Titania cleverly leaching by hanging near the ceiling in her 4 (and still dying more often than he rest of us combined). Credit for the other two for taking up the slack.

Cara is pretty ace for ropa fight. Her 4 can lock down the platform handily with each phase. Getting snatched while invulnerable during her 4 cast is pretty funny.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Mimesweeper posted:

its not even that its a job, its that they make really boring tasks to get points about it. it was supposed to be a fun thing to encourage people to play but half the stuff they decided for goals is incredibly not fun.

i liked it better when there were alerts that i could do or not do and otherwise just play however and everything worked out, now its "do these specific tasks or lose out on stuff you cant get anywhere else."

it kind of sucks.

You can just... not do them. I skipped a TON of acts or whatever they're technically called in the first season and I still made it to max rank without once having to do one of the stupid hour-long holdouts or what have you.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ixjuvin posted:

stupid hour-long holdouts or what have you.

fwiw for me those were the most fun missions of the last NW, the final 5 minutes were loving tense

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The last five minutes was enjoyable for sure, but wasting 55 minutes getting there was :barf:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Awesome! posted:

you know you dont need to defend the terminal right? your goal after putting a key in is to find the demolyst and kill him as soon as possible. the health bar you see is for the demolyst not the terminal.

The Demolysts are getting to the Terminal.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but none of the missions were that bad this week, the most tedious ones were the sabotage cashes and 10 relics. The Orb vallis stuff isn't bad either (does help that I needed parts though)

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I'm trying my hardest to be understanding and sympathetic but how could a series of completely optional challenges that don't all have to be completed with good but not meta-essential rewards possibly ruin a video game

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i kind of got burnt out on the first season of nightwave and didn't play for a while after i completed the ranks but the changes they made to the system make it pretty easy to just stumble into getting points and ranks which is more than fine for me

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

njsykora posted:

This thread exists for people to complain about a game they don't play. What do you think?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Johnny Joestar posted:

i kind of got burnt out on the first season of nightwave and didn't play for a while after i completed the ranks but the changes they made to the system make it pretty easy to just stumble into getting points and ranks which is more than fine for me

I got a few thousand points yesterday without trying or even realizing what was happening. :downs:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I got a few thousand for throwing down my sigil and dancing after killing ropa. Nightwave’s alright

I do really miss the old orbiter radio chatter though. Those grineer coordinating and the corpus dude screaming were fun

I’ve been curious about this for a while. I still haven’t messed with the mandachord. If I set a new song, will it play that as the background music in your orbiter? Or will it still play the default Octavia music?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 13, 2019

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
have people ever thought about just not doing the night wave? I really don't care that much about it and play whatever I want to have fun. Even then I got a ton of levels in the last one without really trying.

any of you complaining that nightwave sucks, please send me a video of you completing 10 waves of a level 5 earth defense and I'll send you 5k credits and an infested impedance mod.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

nerdz posted:

have people ever thought about just not doing the night wave? I really don't care that much about it and play whatever I want to have fun. Even then I got a ton of levels in the last one without really trying.

any of you complaining that nightwave sucks, please send me a video of you completing 10 waves of a level 5 earth defense and I'll send you 5k credits and an infested impedance mod.

I just get annoyed at the persistent reminders. It's like hiking with a small rock in my shoe. The actual aggravation is lack of control over the ui

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Raptor1033 posted:

The rift sigil already exists for old vets, I’m sure you can find a screen shot of how it looks somewhere.

And for an unobstructed view on a black background:
https://i.imgur.com/JRjv4x7.mp4

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I know I've seen a screenshot of it somewhere, but I can't remember, and trying to find it isn't working either.

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Raptor1033 posted:

I got a few thousand for throwing down my sigil and dancing after killing ropa. Nightwave’s alright

I do really miss the old orbiter radio chatter though. Those grineer coordinating and the corpus dude screaming were fun

I’ve been curious about this for a while. I still haven’t messed with the mandachord. If I set a new song, will it play that as the background music in your orbiter? Or will it still play the default Octavia music?

You can still turn on the Grineer/Corpus radio chatter, it's an option in the lower right of NIghtwave screen. Mandachord music might override it though? Don't remember but I think that's why mine is always turned off.

If you save a song in your Octavia mandachord list it will pop up in your Orbiter Mandachord list were you can turn it on/off.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

nerdz posted:

I got stressed about it when the big reward was an Umbral forma, which was something that was awesome and otherwise unattainable. Aura forma? Who cares? I'll just grab easy missions that I'd be doing anyway.

Nightwave is just an easy 100-200 plat for me at this point, flogging the cred offerings on their off weeks. Very happy with intermission.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

En Family Mook posted:

You can still turn on the Grineer/Corpus radio chatter, it's an option in the lower right of NIghtwave screen.
If you save a song in your Octavia mandachord list it will pop up in your Orbiter Mandachord list were you can turn it on/off.

Oh that’s what the nw mute does? Cool.

And poo poo, I really wish I replaced that manda music a while back. The default is embarrassingly bad

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I know the very vocal forum posters on reddit and the boards hate Nightwave, but their metrics have to be telling them it's good for retention or they would have canned it by now.

I don't exactly love it but personally I noticed I basically stopped playing between WoSS and Intermission, I guess the little chorelist and marginal rewards did make an actual difference

Bug Squash posted:

I got stressed about it when the big reward was an Umbral forma, which was something that was awesome and otherwise unattainable.
yeah, that plus no catch-up was super annoying

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

Is this just for the intermission season (which doesn't sound bad)? I'm just worried they'll add a new mcguffin to fuel FOMO in Act 2.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 13, 2019

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got the Umbral Forma but it’s been sitting in my inventory since I got it, challenging me to select it by mistake when using a regular forma.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

KDdidit posted:

I got the Umbral Forma but it’s been sitting in my inventory since I got it, challenging me to select it by mistake when using a regular forma.

:same:
I know one day I’m gonna get drunk, select the umbra, and palm slam it into the spectra vandal or some stupid poo poo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
gonna put FOUR umbral formas into my INAROS PRIME

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Deconstructor Prime can use an Umbra Forma.

Discuss amongst your selfs.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

oop wrong thread

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I thought Nightwave was a good idea but a bit much the first time around. The changes to season 2 sound good and this intermission hands out nightwave rep like candy. I did five rounds of hyper hydron with some goons and got like four or five of the objectives done right there, net'd me three ranks in one game.

I've been playing some other games recently, after farming and formaing the hell out of Wisp and the new weapons, and nicer nightwave stuff gives me a pretty good reason to log in and play for an hour or so a day over playing other games. I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything with this intermission either, hopefully that structure will carry over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gaj70 posted:

Is this just for the intermission season (which doesn't sound bad)? I'm just worried they'll add a new mcguffin to fuel FOMO in Act 2.

the changes are to nightwave in general. the intermission was something we didn't even know we were getting until recently. it just happens to be the first time we see the changes in action instead of waiting for season 2.