Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My eldest son complaining about his little brother on a long car ride: "His eyes are talking!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Are you quite certain your younger son is not demonically possessed?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Little kids say some insanely creepy poo poo. Why is that?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Did you ask him what the eyes said? We need to know. It might've been a message from Kos (some say Kosm).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Little kids say some insanely creepy poo poo. Why is that?

Because they lack the vocabulary to express themselves clearly and don't understand subtext or implication.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My nephew told me some years ago that he would eat my eyes.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I’m not really sure why, considering I’ve got plenty of unusually violent things my kids have said to go to on this one, but I am reminded of the time I was play-wrestling with my son, who was about four. All was going well until he started yelling TICKLE MY BUTTHOLE, TICKLE MY BUTTHOLE.

I guess it was still going well then too, really, but it took me a little while to compose myself and explain that “butthole” isn’t interchangeable with “butt.” Thanks, other kids on his bus.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Someone recently pointed me to a manga which is apparently based on the anecdotes related by a Japanese kindergarten teacher, and it's pretty much 100% poo poo Kids Say:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

The_White_Crane posted:

it's pretty much 100% poo poo Kids Say:

quote:

Sensei, I love you! If only you had boobs, it would be perfect.
No kidding, I'm laughing already. Hey Fleta, someone made a book about you.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
omg I'm so happy to be home sick today so I can read this

e: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I love this!!!!

ee: I always mispronounce "shou ga nai", too, little ginger kid. :3:

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Jun 12, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I love Raiden Junior right below that. "My sword is a sword to protect!" Not quite a tool of justice, but he'll get there.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

This is legit the best thing.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The_White_Crane posted:

Someone recently pointed me to a manga which is apparently based on the anecdotes related by a Japanese kindergarten teacher, and it's pretty much 100% poo poo Kids Say:

Just wanna thank you for this :allears:

EDIT: Seriously, Daigo is probably going to grow up and become a Red Ranger, I just know it.

CommissarMega has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Jun 12, 2019

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ahhhhh this is the best manga, thank you!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
You're welcome, everyone. :3:

And remember:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tiggum posted:

Because they lack the vocabulary to express themselves clearly and don't understand subtext or implication.

"Auntie Cat, I got lots of Spiderman toys for my birthday. You should come over and we can play with them. I got a Batman toy too. You can take that one home and bury it."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Little Girl Stands Up to Villain in Disney Park, Vol. 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjgyPw1_zWU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Echoing the love for T-Sensei, it's incredibly adorable and touching. It's also in a strange way informative for me 'cause I've spent very little time among really young kids. What I've gathered thus far is that it's as though preschoolers are perpetually unprepared for a job interview and as such are bluffing or charming their way through every waking moment.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

T-sensei's internal monologue is me alll day everyday.

It is damned rare to see a male kindy teacher in Japan; I do wonder about him.

Yesterday, G4 (special needs) really got worked up because he had a viola recital and his mom ACTUALLY CAME OMG so he was losing it. He conspired with A1 to double-smack my rear end in front of his mom .

Did I die? Nine times.

Did she turn around and immediately smack him in the rear end while yelling, "DO YOU LIKE? YOU NO LIKE! MS. FLETA NO LIKE!!!?" she did!

Did I laugh so hard at G4's shame that I ran and hid? Yup.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Mamá G4 is best parent.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

special needs

viola

But you repeat yourself.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My coworker, whose son is in first grade, came to me cry-laughing this morning. Her son, R, was very concerned about my health and wardrobe.

R: "Ms. Fleta got sick last week and didn't come to school."
R-MOM: "Yes, I know."
R: "I think it's because she doesn't wear underwear. She must be really cold all the time."
R-MOM: "What?!"
R: "She said she doesn't like to wear pants. I think it's okay, but she should wear them in the winter."

And that is how R learned that his British mom speaks a different version of English than myself.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

T-sensei's internal monologue is me alll day everyday.

It is damned rare to see a male kindy teacher in Japan; I do wonder about him.

I had a kid in my kindergarten who spent his summers in Japanese kindergartens because his mother was from Japan. I got him to call me sensei and he thought it was funniest poo poo ever.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I have a lot kids from other countries and sometimes the cultural differences weird me out. Like parents from Pakistan refer to me as "teacher" instead of my name, even being addressed as "mr." would be really weird, and ask me when I'm going to teach their kid to read and write. I then explain that we don't really do that in norwegian kindergartens.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
One of my favorite kids who is also one of the biggest troublemakers wanted to show me something he had written in his down-time notebook earlier that day. It starts off talking about how he hopes he will be better behaved the rest of the day because he started off acting poorly that day, and how he had a rough time in kindergarten but "Mrs. Bravo hell'pt me. I wish ther wher 100 more days left of sckool."

:kiddo: :unsmith:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh my gossssssssssssssssh.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

G3: (singing) "A compuuuuuter...is taking my things! A compuuuuuter...he taking the things! A compuuuuter....is eating my things!" (not singing) "Oh, computer, you stop eat** now. You are so fat. You a fat, bad computer." *pause* "Ms. Fleta! He not finish the lunch! He not can go outside!" *smacks computer with its "lunch," AKA a ruler*

**To be fair, he could have been saying "stop it" but I'm not always sure. He's the smartest kid in the class, but definitely has the worst English pronunciation.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

After finishing a dinosaur jigsaw puzzle together, my 7-year-old told me, "Daddy, you're like a brachiosaurus because sometimes you act like you have a nose on your head."

Then she left. After I spent a minute trying to figure out what the hell that meant, she poked her head back into the room.

"Also, you're very tall and weigh a whole ton."

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

A1, being the loudest and most charismatic member of the class, is scared of The Meg and as a result they have all become obsessed.

Right around The Meg was about to come out in theatres, the 4 year olds were learning about sea creatures.

On shark day, I mentioned the megalodon and how big they were. One kid who went to cinema pretty often turned to rest of the class and very solemnly told them “Yes, their mouth is very big, they can bite a boat in half! I saw it you know!”

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

G4 is mad at me. He finds it difficult to stay mad at me for very long.

G4: "You is a stupid." :mad:
ME: "Please respect my heart." *crosses hands over heart*
G4: *growl* "Okay. You GRANDMA is stupid."
ME: "My grandma is dead."
G4: "Oh." *thinks* "Okay. You is stupid. But is broma."
ME: "That's not a nice joke."
G4: *screams* "OOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" *kisses me on the cheek* "Now you good."

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I'm gonna miss them a lot. :smith:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"Playing with strangers are illegal."

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

G4 is mad at me. He finds it difficult to stay mad at me for very long.

G4: "You is a stupid." :mad:
ME: "Please respect my heart." *crosses hands over heart*
G4: *growl* "Okay. You GRANDMA is stupid."
ME: "My grandma is dead."
G4: "Oh." *thinks* "Okay. You is stupid. But is broma."
ME: "That's not a nice joke."
G4: *screams* "OOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" *kisses me on the cheek* "Now you good."

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I'm gonna miss them a lot. :smith:

What does broma mean?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

What does broma mean?

Joke. As in, "Ms. Fleta, okay, I hit him! but it was a broma!!!"

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Jun 21, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

drat, y'all need to teach rich people's kids. I cleaned UP today. Ruby and pearl bracelet, a plethora of Rituals shower sets, and three robots made of recycling bin garbage. Guess which gifts I like the most?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

drat, y'all need to teach rich people's kids. I cleaned UP today. Ruby and pearl bracelet, a plethora of Rituals shower sets, and three robots made of recycling bin garbage. Guess which gifts I like the most?

The ones you made for them

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The robots of course

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
scrapbots every time

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

HenryEx posted:

The ones you made for them

I actually found little "archaeology" toys at Tiger. You chip away at a softish "dirt" matrix and extract a dinosaur skeleton toy. That, some bubbles, washi tape, and a card. (Except for G4; he got plastic vampire teeth instead of tape.) I also bought them some Calippo

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I remember those things! Ours had a small variety of semi-precious polished stones inside it, rather than a fake dinosaur skeleton, but I think I would've preferred it that way as a child. Tourquoises are pretty and they stay that way even thirty years later. I don't think I would've kept the dino skellington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Tribble the Younger [exiting living room]: Dad, why are you listening to train noises?
Me [entering living room]:???

Checked the playlist, and a couple of Beach Boys songs had just been in rotation.