Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I guess they restarted the server or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Yeah poo poo blew up completely for a few minutes now it's running pretty decent.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Syrian Lannister posted:

Two oil tankers attacked in the Gulf of Oman

Nothing on the news here. Whose, and by who?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

bulletsponge13 posted:

I took away a different msg. I took away, "Look, don't loving bother, because it's pandering and it doesn't add anything to the game, and belittles the actual moral injuries caused by war"

I haven't gone back to that series since "No Russians" and it looks like things haven't really changed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nuclear War posted:

Nothing on the news here. Whose, and by who?

CNN: Gulf of Oman tanker incident: Live updates.
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/gulf-of-oman-incident-latest-intl/index.html

At least one ship is Japanese.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh hey, US Marshals killed a guy in Memphis last night, and people are pissed.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/us/memphis-shooting-officers-injured/index.html

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CNN: Gulf of Oman tanker incident: Live updates.
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/gulf-of-oman-incident-latest-intl/index.html

At least one ship is Japanese.

Gonna put on my conspiracy theory hat and say that this doesn't sound like something Iran would do, but does sound like something that a warmonger like Bolton would get a team of SEALs to do to justify a new forever war.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Mom: We have forever war at home

Forever war at home:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

joat mon posted:

There is indeed a process and all the candidates are probably following it. None of the potential candidates have the money, time or organization, let alone an articulable need, to start campaigning more than a year before the primaries.

Counterpoint: targeted Facebook ads are pennies and a meme page is the next best thing to free. You can run a hell of a campaign with $500 and a library computer

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BigDave posted:

Current event: just got back from dinner at Fogo de Chow.

It was absolutely delicious and I'm never going back there again for as long as I live.

When they recover my body, tell them the cause of death was meat overdose.

My wife's dad is Brazilian, so we go there like twice a year.

I'm still not quite sure how I'm alive at this point but oh my god, it's so good.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I usually just roll in, have them drop off a skewer of chicken hearts, and roll out. 10 minutes and done.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

M_Gargantua posted:

Counterpoint: targeted Facebook ads are pennies and a meme page is the next best thing to free. You can run a hell of a campaign with $500 and a library computer

How online can a teen even get in a place like montana

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

FAUXTON posted:

How online can a teen even get in a place like montana

When there is nothing to do you pull up your phone, just like anywhere else.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you can have a phone line run to your property, you can get dsl.

That's about it for land coverage.

Oh, the other tanker hit was Norwegian. Heard it before stumbling out the door.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

A Bad Poster posted:

Gonna put on my conspiracy theory hat and say that this doesn't sound like something Iran would do, but does sound like something that a warmonger like Bolton would get a team of SEALs to do to justify a new forever war.

What about Russia wanting to stoke tensions in the region? If a war kicks off in Iran oil prices will go up helping their economy out, tie up US forces for a decade allowing them to push further in Eastern Europe, lets them provide support to insurgents further harming the US military, and provides a place for insurgents in the Caucuses to go and fight not-Russian military. With Russian forces in Syria, there is no shortage of access to Iranian weapons through purchase or theft. Attacking commercial tankers will have a simpler investigation than if a US warship was attacked. Ultimately, if this conspiracy theory is right and the Russians got found out, would we really be willing to risk nuclear war over some commercial vessels?

How's that for :tinfoil:?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Russians are good now

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I present to you: Florida and How It Got There

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1139011644829380613?s=19

https://twitter.com/steveschale/status/1139165793734856707?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Someone photoshop danny devito in his wrestling uniform in there

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1139158567553044480

Amash basically made his career cosplaying some blend of Cato and Andrew Johnson but this was funny.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Florida has always been the Australia to the Northeast's England.

Can't keep your lovely brake and muffler shop open because nobody on Long island trusts you anymore after you got caught scamming everyone on 'recycling' fees? Come to Flaarda

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Did that fourth dude arriving on scene drop his gun/tazer while running? :lol:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did that fourth dude arriving on scene drop his gun/tazer while running? :lol:

Yes, and fortunately he didn't take out his frustration by punching a homeless guy who he could have easily cuffed, while sitting on him and simulataneously demanding that he put his hands behind his back!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Handsome Ralph posted:

My wife's dad is Brazilian, so we go there like twice a year.

I'm still not quite sure how I'm alive at this point but oh my god, it's so good.

Those goddamn waiters loving lie to you with their portion sizes.

They cut you off a little strip of sirloin or garlic steak, and you think "pssh, that's it? This is gonna be easy!"

45 minutes later you're consumed half a cow and you think you've committed meat suicide.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Why are they bothering to arrest buyers? lol

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Why are they bothering to arrest buyers? lol

Because gently caress the poor and vulnerable for not being wealthy and untouchable.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

It's a good airplane.

According to Lock-Mart, Congress, and the Air Force, sure

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

According to Lock-Mart, Congress, and the Air Force, sure

No like, it’s a silly program that’s working as intended according to lockmart and congress, but the 35a is actually really good

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

M_Gargantua posted:

No like, it’s a silly program that’s working as intended according to lockmart and congress, but the 35a is actually really good

At no point has anything involved with the F-35 acquisitions been done according to best practices, allowing the budget for that one place to balloon to record levels while continuously pushing the goalposts back over what is exactly a good plane.

The one thing that the F-35 is indisputably good at is eating up tax dollars that could be better spent on infrastructure or health care or quite literally anything that isn't the military

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

M_Gargantua posted:

When in doubt blame the Marines

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Hair Furor wants to change Air Force 1 paint schemes

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1139104159372906497?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Hair Furor wants to change Air Force 1 paint schemes

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1139104159372906497?s=21
That's been known about for at least a year. We've just seen the design now. It honestly doesn't look as lovely as I figured it would. Though I'd deny him anything that could be considered a legacy out of principle, if I could.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
"and I got 1.6 billion off the price"

:allears:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Bawahahahahaha

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/BigStory12/idUSKCN1TE2FI

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if she does get fired somehow i wonder if she goes full heel with her husband

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I always thought that Whitehouse positions hired directly by the president's team were largely exempt from the ban on politicking (versus, say, a civil servant or military member at the Secret Service or WHCA) because of the inherently political nature of being political staff? Or maybe her specific position doesn't fall under that exemption.

e: All they'll do is make her quit, hire her back onto the campaign, and she'll keep saying stupid poo poo on TV every week.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

So what

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if she does get fired somehow i wonder if she goes full heel with her husband

She seems like the type but nobody who left the admin has done this to any great degree. Bannon and Omarosa talk a little bit of poo poo but not much.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Hatch Act is one of the many laws that all the little people have to follow, but the big people only follow it if they actually care about good governance and the rule of law.

Nothing will happen, it's just a little bad press :toot:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

The Hatch Act is one of the many laws that all the little people have to follow, but the big people only follow it if they actually care about good governance and the rule of law.

Nothing will happen, it's just a little bad press :toot:

The admin can’t really make the free speech argument without suggesting repealing the Hatch Act for literally everyone, so that’s funny

And we know even the little people don’t have to follow the Hatch Act as long as there’s a Republican in office and they support him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm sure the Trump administration will definitely comply with this, and if they don't then Congress will definitely hold them accountable.