Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

"[...] habe mir Zeit meines Lebens nichts zu Schulden kommen lassen!"

So did he just admit to being one of the cursed undead, returned to the world of the living to feast on souls? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
second season of zombie land saga took a weird turn

SRF
Oct 31, 2011

pidan posted:

I have left Frankfurt and will not be back, here is so much better.

Can confirm that Frankfurt isn't that great, I've lived here for a month and am already fantasizing about places with more reasonable rents.

Question for the chili goons: would it be possible/advisable to grow a couple of plants exclusively indoors? Unfortunately I don't have a single balcony, let alone three.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

oliwan posted:

Only it's not fine, because I'm actually happy and super thankful for my life as it is, and you are a ball of anxiety with inferiority complex issues.

So yes it's fine for me actually, but not for you. You will have to change your life in order to be happy, and it has nothing to do with teaching at a gymnasium.

defensive much???

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Would be nice to see some plant pictures again. I'm curious how they weathered the weather.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

suck my woke dick posted:

defensive much???

Just telling it like it is, dishing out free life advice left and right

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone should really pay me for all the emotional labour I'm doing itt

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

SRF posted:

Question for the chili goons: would it be possible/advisable to grow a couple of plants exclusively indoors? Unfortunately I don't have a single balcony, let alone three.
Ours are doing fine just at the window! Actually better than the balcony ones. As long as they get plenty of sun they'll grow. Obviously you'll have to go around with a soft brush and do the bees' job.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Just visited my dying grandmother in the hospital and all I can say is I’m glad I have a watertight Patientenverfügung. What a horrifying sight. Now I have trouble concentrating on preparing tomorrow’s lessons... One of the school’s higher-ups wants to see me perform (gently caress off, don’t supervise my Unterricht unless you’re willing to give me a permanent job).

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I have two different clutches of eggs on a blade of grass on my balcony, roundish light green ones that were packed geometrically optimally in precise rows offset against each other by half an egg, and rice grain shaped gold-yellow ones that are kinda strewn more loosely. The light green ones appeared much earlier and have hatched weird little critters with round brown marmorierte butts and tiny black legs sticking out underneath that seem content to just sit there so far. I also have a healthy and thriving population of Asseln, an Ameisenvolk that seems semi-migratory, they're always carrying around brood, and something is eating a bunch of Asseln because I keep finding little piles of desiccated Assel corpses. Nature is kinda cool.

e: this was supposed to follow the request for more plantposts and not Wengy's post. I'm sorry to hear that Wengy.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

I have two different clutches of eggs on a blade of grass on my balcony
     /

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The ole abandoning eggs on a blade of grass parenting paradigm is going to blow the natalism debate ITT wide open

e: the fact that it still seems to require a balcony is admittedly troubling

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 13, 2019

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Mithaldu posted:

Would be nice to see some plant pictures again. I'm curious how they weathered the weather.

Ask and ye shall receive. They kind got through the thunderstorm because I took them in halfway through but the small ones seem a bit pale. They’re getting full on outside sun for a week now. No blossoms yet.

I put the big ones back in the semi-shadows when their leaves start to get droopy in direct sunlight but the small ones don’t seem fazed at all.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

quote:

ZEIT: Die Knappheit an der natürlichen Ressource "Klima" muss marktwirtschaftlich reguliert werden?

Lindner: Ja, wir brauchen weniger direkte Steuerung durch Gesetzesbefehl, zum Beispiel mit einem Termin, wann jedes einzelne Kohlekraftwerk vom Netz geht. Der Eingriff in Eigentum löst Milliarden an Entschädigungen aus. Stattdessen brauchen wir mehr indirekte Steuerung. Damit erreicht man dieselben Ziele besser.
https://www.zeit.de/2019/25/christian-lindner-fdp-chef-liberalismus-klimapolitik-demokratie

Liberale on welfare: "You cannot expect to get something for nothing! Everything has a price! Nothing is free!"

Liberale on climate change: "If we can't do it literally for free it's not worth doing."

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

The ole abandoning eggs on a blade of grass parenting paradigm is going to blow the natalism debate ITT wide open

e: the fact that it still seems to require a balcony is admittedly troubling
Herr der Fliegen getting a completely new meaning
Yeah those plants are looking pretty fine. :3: Also they got some really luxurious soil out back apparently.

I'm cool with indirekte Steuerung. Wanna see a carbon tax on coal power plants that's so high they immediately go 10x into the red.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Mithaldu posted:

Yeah those plants are looking pretty fine. :3: Also they got some really luxurious soil out back apparently.

Aw thanks! :3: yeah that’s a top layer of Tomatenerde, whatever that is. The rest is a mixture of Blumentopf/Kräutererde I think.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

I have two different clutches of eggs on a blade of grass on my balcony, roundish light green ones that were packed geometrically optimally in precise rows offset against each other by half an egg, and rice grain shaped gold-yellow ones that are kinda strewn more loosely. The light green ones appeared much earlier and have hatched weird little critters with round brown marmorierte butts and tiny black legs sticking out underneath that seem content to just sit there so far. I also have a healthy and thriving population of Asseln, an Ameisenvolk that seems semi-migratory, they're always carrying around brood, and something is eating a bunch of Asseln because I keep finding little piles of desiccated Assel corpses. Nature is kinda cool.

e: this was supposed to follow the request for more plantposts and not Wengy's post. I'm sorry to hear that Wengy.

Thanks, ah well, she’s 94 and has started to suffer from dementia a while ago, I just wish she could’ve died immediately and painlessly.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wengy posted:

Thanks, ah well, she’s 94 and has started to suffer from dementia a while ago, I just wish she could’ve died immediately and painlessly.
My last grandparent - a grandma around that age - died in January. Took her about half a year. She fell and broke her leg, and her brain never recovered from that. I can still summon her voice.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
You should call the ghost busters or an exorcist in that case.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Jesus Christ, half a year, no loving way, that would be terrible :( I just want that poor old lady to die now ffs.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/express24/status/1139179746137432066?s=19

Get well soon, Randler!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

did ... they just glue it on?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

did ... they just glue it on?

*taps the Kölsche Grundgesetze numbers 1 through 5, and also 10*

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Wengy posted:

Jesus Christ, half a year, no loving way, that would be terrible :( I just want that poor old lady to die now ffs.

Can you at least make it comfortable for her in any way? I don't mean you should get the pillow ready but maybe there's a way to spend time with her or something. Read her stuff? I dunno. It's a lovely situation for sure and I can't imagine having to take care of my parents once they hit that stage. They've made it pretty clear in their Patientenverfügungen though that they want their plug pulled.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Smirr posted:

*taps the Kölsche Grundgesetze numbers 1 through 5, and also 10*

i had never heard of those :golfclap: :beerpal:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Zwille posted:

Can you at least make it comfortable for her in any way? I don't mean you should get the pillow ready but maybe there's a way to spend time with her or something. Read her stuff? I dunno. It's a lovely situation for sure and I can't imagine having to take care of my parents once they hit that stage. They've made it pretty clear in their Patientenverfügungen though that they want their plug pulled.

She had her favorite classical pieces playing and looked pretty comfortable. But it’s moot anyway, my mom just messaged me that she died an hour ago... I’m relieved tbh :(

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Oh poo poo, i didn't realize by just you meant "today". That's a bad day to have, but good that it's over. Hope you have plenty good memories. :)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Cingulate posted:

I saw extremely bad poster botany got banned for being an extremely bad poster, is Gaussian Coppola still being Gaussian compilation? Screw autocorrect you know what I mean

Good poster botany got banned for something regarding lowtax and a kiwifarms ad, don't know what exactly was going on there. Gaussian Coppola, in a rather ironic turn of events, got banned for saying that Palestinian refugees should be integrated into society rather than be forced to live in camps, which turned our to be a post that didn't contain enough antisemitism to be legal in the I/P thread.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

Oh poo poo, i didn't realize by just you meant "today". That's a bad day to have, but good that it's over. Hope you have plenty good memories. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I’ll cherish them, we had many great years.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Herzliches Beileid Wengy.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Gaussians Untergang hat mich nicht überrascht, schliesslich kriegen Sozen überall auf die Fresse.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Cingulate posted:

Herzliches Beileid Wengy.

Merci. Ah well, gonna have a drink in her honor now :)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mein Beileid, Wengy. My grandma went similarly, imand it was absolute murder on my mother. The sooner you focus on the cherished memories, the faster how it ended will move into the past.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Herzliches Beileid.

Having had something similar with an aunt where we couldn't really do anything: push your relatives above ~70 to have a Patientenverfügung and an Organspende-Ausweis so there is a chance to spare the surviving people some anguish. I hope my parents have done so.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Thanks. And you’d best believe I have a Patientenverfügung and never leave the house without my Organspendeausweis. Ah well, it could’ve been so much worse. She had been in decline for a while but still lived independently and all and the stroke happened only two days ago.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Living independently in high age after a broken leg sounds impressive.

Unrelated:
Click play and then the last dot on the timeline for the interview with rezo:

https://www.zdf.de/comedy/neo-magazin-mit-jan-boehmermann/neo-magazin-royale-mit-jan-boehmermann-vom-13-juni-2019-100.html

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mithaldu posted:

Living independently in high age after a broken leg sounds impressive.

Unrelated:
Click play and then the last dot on the timeline for the interview with rezo:

https://www.zdf.de/comedy/neo-magazin-mit-jan-boehmermann/neo-magazin-royale-mit-jan-boehmermann-vom-13-juni-2019-100.html

irgendwas ist hier kaputt, konnte den Rezo kaum hören :/

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Links unten Lautstärke aufdrehen?

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Academia is a scam but academics are supposed to do research (which is not a scam) and not care about the moneys. It's especially tragic that apparently PhD students itt earn 60k (lol what?) but have no job security. The opposite, if you wish, should be the case.

Furthermore, anyone with Abi should be required by law to work in a manual labor type job. Like Aldi Dual Studium, but for the whole of Deutschland. If you never slaved away for hours doing the same repetitive thing, you are a shameful being under capitalism^tm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Mein Beileid, Wengy. Bei meiner Oma frage ich mich auch, wie lange sie noch am Ball bleibt. Ich weiß nicht, ob sie eine Patientenverfügung hat ... ich glaub nicht daran aber ich hoffe mal. :(