Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the robocop font :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

FrankieSmileShow posted:

There was a bug in which the animated picture of bowels throbbing appeared in the top right corner of the screen and never went away, even if you quit the game and restarted it, the goddam throbbing colon reappeared even in the title screen.

Feature not a bu

DACK FAYDEN posted:

uh where's the bug

Dammit

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

FrankieSmileShow posted:

I thought I was done with dwarfnet yesterday, but I noticed one more problem I might need to fix.
Topics in the dwarfnet forums can be locked and users banned (this happens automatically as "time" passes throughout the game and more replies and threads are added).
The problem is that, these topics are just marked as locked and the users marked as banned from the beginning, even if the lock or ban are supposed to happen later in the game. The topic lock thing is easier to fix, I just need to see if the thread's final post has been posted before displaying the thread as Locked.
The user ban might be more complicated, because users post in multiple threads. I might need to give them an extra data point for the exact time when they are banned.
That said, a quicker fix would be to just change all threads with banned users to be in the past, that would just hide the problem. Ill probably just do that.

This is legitimately awesome. I know I've seen a fake internet/message board in a few games but I've never seen one with mods that lock threads and ban people.

also

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Heres what that looked like, for posterity

:wow:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Wrex Ruckus posted:

This is legitimately awesome. I know I've seen a fake internet/message board in a few games but I've never seen one with mods that lock threads and ban people.

Papa Pedro rules the forums with an iron fist.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I can't believe I'm loving excited for Barkley 2 in 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Mods No Masters posted:

Crowdfunding round 2 of this is going to be honestly wild

I'm Charles Barkley, and the Epic Games Store is my favorite gaming storefront.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Fixing up what I mentioned earlier on stream now.
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Will also tweak something thats going to act as a basic tutorial for how the gun bag and gun bandolier work.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I'm Charles Barkley, and the Epic Games Store is my favorite gaming storefront.

It should be on fig so true gamers can buy 0.00001% shares of the profit (0) when the game comes out (not ever)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i mean... it would make the most sense to try and hook up with Devolver or Adult Swim Games or Tinybuild for funding

like, in 2013, going publisherless made sense for true doom murderheads, but in 2019 there's multiple publishers whose entire MO and reason for existence is "throw money at weird indie games" that would all probably poo poo themselves at the chance to help with Barkley 2

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No Mods No Masters posted:

It should be on fig so true gamers can buy 0.00001% shares of the profit (0) when the game comes out (not ever)

Yeah all those true gamers that already have a $1m+ net worth, anyway.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The problem is that those companies are knowledgeable about indie game development and would probably not do business with liam and his one temp programmer as a consequence. Whereas crowdfunding people might just be credulous enough to give liam more money especially off the back of a demo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Split the barkley 2 assets into twenty different packs, and sell each of them for 9.99 on the rpg maker asset store

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Tunicate posted:

Split the barkley 2 assets into twenty different packs, and sell each of them for 9.99 on the rpg maker asset store

Lmao

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Even in a world where Barkley 2 as a full game was still being worked on, publishers like Devolver would likely pass on it due to the Charles Barkley connection. His first name might never be said in the game but the connection is obvious enough that I doubt they’d want to risk it.

I actually went to school with Charles Barkley’s daughter and our moms knew each other. My parents acted as his daughter’s guardians on a flight once. What I’m trying to say is that I have powerful connections in the Barkley family. If you play your cards right I might be able to score you guys some sweet, sweet official Barkley funding...

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Excited for the demo to be hit with a c&d hours before release.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

sell the barkley 2 demo for like 15 bucks, and when it doesn’t sell blame its cancellation on the “fans” who didn’t care enough

if anyone calls you on it say it’s satire on the current state of game design

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Epic Store Exclusivity Money

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

The Ultimate Doge posted:

I've posted stuff on this account that I don't want associated with my actual identity, including the fact that I'm LGBT

I'm also LGBT

Let's
Get
Barkley
Two

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

That would be pretty good actually, but the imaginary guns are a little too powerful for that, I think theyre in the top tier

Honestly the floating gut meat looks cool and good on the splash screen. Maybe flesh (hehe) it out a little more and just straight up incorporate guts and stuff into the BARKLEY2 logo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very stupid question I have to ask once: Has Charles Barkley ever acknowledged the existence of Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I like the drama between the two fake accounts :(

It's funny to me because it basically looks like two people roleplaying as people connected to but not even part of the dev team for a game that was never finished.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Cuntellectual posted:

It's funny to me because it basically looks like two people one person roleplaying as people connected to but not even part of the dev team for a game that was never finished.

Ftfy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

It's funny to me because it basically looks like two people roleplaying as people connected to but not even part of the dev team for a game that was never finished.

That was a high dollar backer reward so should they be banned for :filez:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Give all the assets to me and I'll do my best to replicate the Barkley 2 experience, through the medium of a sock puppet show.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tunicate posted:

Sell Frankie's Gun's

you heard it from this guy first

Taintrunner posted:

Very stupid question I have to ask once: Has Charles Barkley ever acknowledged the existence of Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden?
There's this bleacher report interview from 2014 with a batshit insane story that may or may not be true, since it's post-Kickstarter-goal so it may be the fake interview, but...

quote:

B/R: Does Charles Barkley himself know about any of this?

Liam: A lot of people ask. We’ve heard yes. I actually used to do TV shows and there was a moment where Emeril Lagasse, the chef, who’s a friend of Charles Barkley, actually had him on the phone and he was aware of the game—Emeril was. I don’t exactly know if there was a discussion between the two about it. I sort of doubt it. But that was like as close as I think it ever got to him, through Emeril Lagasse. I’m going to assume that he knows something, but we have never really talked to him at all about it.
so it's not impossible that Emeril told Charles Barkley about the game

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that is a wild statement but then again we are talking about Sir Charles, a guy who became friends with a cat litter scientist from iowa that he met in a hotel bar one time

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/12/14/lin-wang-charles-barkley

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

this just wound up happening to me in a different game, i usually name my sales tabs some flavor of nonsense joke because i'm mentally 12 and find making people say dumb things when they whisper me funny but

charles barkley definitely knows about this game.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

nyttyn posted:

this just wound up happening to me in a different game, i usually name my sales tabs some flavor of nonsense joke because i'm mentally 12 and find making people say dumb things when they whisper me funny but

charles barkley definitely knows about this game.

Still sane, X114JAM9?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Crosspost from the blessed thread, are these guys in bball tactics?

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/1138929890663813120?s=19

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

barsple

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Birdley

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Roundup Ready posted:

Crosspost from the blessed thread, are these guys in bball tactics?

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/1138929890663813120?s=19

this is a version of cesspool x I can get behind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAQSEO25fa4&t=52s

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

what was the joke behind X114JAM9 is it supposed to mean something in internet lingo

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Uncle Wemus posted:

what was the joke behind X114JAM9 is it supposed to mean something in internet lingo
it's the error code that Vinceborg gives when he crashes in the first game

but I don't know the origin of that

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Can you make it an option in the settings to enable/disable title guts

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What's the best engine to start making games with? A friend of mine knows a bit about unreal and blueprint but I've heard that's not the best?

Following this thread has got me all hot and nasty for making my own train wreck and alienating all my friends.
I'll make the company!!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Unity

Twine

UDK

Itch.io

RPG Malker VX Ace

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

DoctorStrangelove posted:

ToGsters shouldn't be too embarrassed about Dark Drakerz, after all:

"SM" is Pokemon Sun/Moon
Data duplication's a common load times optimization, even for fancy tech that shouldn't be slowed down by mechanical parts. Unlike the dark drakerz it serves a purpose other than wasting everyone's time.

Chev fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 14, 2019

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Game Maker Studio 2 is very good for 2d games, improved massively from Studio 1 which is what Barkley2 is/was being made in.
Though they're starting to pull some real "bull poo poo" making me a bit worried about the future of the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's barkley 2