Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nutsngum posted:

I literally asked my GM the same question and he went with option 1 and I gave up sacred flame to get booming blade. It sucks giving up your main attack cantrip but honestly it doesnt fit Tempest Clerics well anyway.

Thats kind of an issue with Clerics as a whole though, the domains dont really change quite enough to make each one truly unique.
Paladin of the storm doesn't add lightning to your smites it's goddamned shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's a fun character concept you've played? I wanna have something in my back pocket in case the character I'm bringing to this group feels redundant, and I'm coming up empty.

I played a socialite bard who flavored his magic as calling in favors from various extraplanar connections.
Fish-out-of-water country bumpkin Druid or Barbarian. Happy to be in the big city, and hopelessly naive about customs and ready to believe almost anything anyone tells them. Uses big/flashy spells and effects as a contrast to their gentle and honest appearance. It gives them natural chemistry with a fast-talking, subtle type.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Has anyone had experience with the Illrigger homebrew class that Matt Colville made? One of my players is retiring their character and is interested in it, so I decided to give it a look. There's some stuff that theoretically I should be more into, like the seals that function a lot like the Warlord battle dice, but it ultimately feels like it should have been a Paladin subclass homebrew and not a whole separate class. My biggest gripe is with it's level 6 ability, which is just straight up "devils don't attack you and also you can maybe force a devil to be your ally, with no downside."

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Just realized the spell progression is significantly accelerated from other hybrids. This means that, at level 10, you can set up for a 25d10 hit turn 2, among other things.

Yeah I'm telling my player that I'm not too comfy with that.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Just realized the spell progression is significantly accelerated from other hybrids. This means that, at level 10, you can set up for a 25d10 hit turn 2, among other things.

Cha save at disadvantage for 25d10? :getout:

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Been thinking about some Homebrew rules that could be cool - I was thinking about ways to change up spells known. Maybe letting classes that would normally learn a new spell of X level instead opt to learn a spell of one level lower from a different class last. How would you all go about doing this? Require them to have a 10+ spell level in the primary casting stat for that class? Lose the spell slot to only be able to cast that but it casts as if empowered by a spell of that level? How would you set it up a similar mechanic for classes that use a spell book, or classes that have set spell lists they can swap out each day?

Similar question down a different trail: What about a similar mechanic for martials that lets them make a check similar to primary caster stat + spell level (just as a spell caster can make an attack with a weapon with a check, even if unfavorable). I wouldn't want to make it super easy and I'd want to keep the spell slots low, but I think it would be interesting.

Any ideas?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Holy gently caress these are some ridiculous homebrews.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
On the subject of possibly broken stuff, I was looking at the Sandy Petersen Cthulhu for 5e thing and one of the Warlock options seems insane. If you pick the 'Otherworldly Patron' option from it, at level 1 you select an Otherworldly Secret, one of which is 'Times End'. Here's what it does:

'Whenever you deal damage with a warlock spell, the target’s hit point maximum is reduced by the damage it took for 1 hour. If you reduce the target to 0 hit points, you gain 5 temporary hit points. If you reduce the target’s hit point maximum to 0, it dies.'

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
So you gain 5 temps if you kill something? The rest is just flavor. Badguys are going to die in the fight or run away for more than an hour to be reoccurring villains, I dont see the reduction ever coming up.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Yeah this is a salty move for DMs who hate barbarians and/or whack a mole, not a player character deal.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

evenworse username posted:

On the subject of possibly broken stuff, I was looking at the Sandy Petersen Cthulhu for 5e thing and one of the Warlock options seems insane. If you pick the 'Otherworldly Patron' option from it, at level 1 you select an Otherworldly Secret, one of which is 'Times End'. Here's what it does:

'Whenever you deal damage with a warlock spell, the target’s hit point maximum is reduced by the damage it took for 1 hour. If you reduce the target to 0 hit points, you gain 5 temporary hit points. If you reduce the target’s hit point maximum to 0, it dies.'

That’s not insane at all. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve fought enemies that heal during combat, and even there they could still heal the damage other PCs do.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I think when I first read it I thought things went HP Reduction and then Damage, but I see that's specifically not the case.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

evenworse username posted:

I think when I first read it I thought things went HP Reduction and then Damage, but I see that's specifically not the case.

I mean, even in that case, I'd be well far away from calling it insane. +5 damage builds up, sure, but it's not world shattering.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's basically the same as a Wight's Drain Life ability.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I mean, even in that case, I'd be well far away from calling it insane. +5 damage builds up, sure, but it's not world shattering.

If it was the case, you'd be getting +5 damage per ray of Scorching Ray or Eldritch Blast and it would add up hella fast.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's a fun character concept you've played? I wanna have something in my back pocket in case the character I'm bringing to this group feels redundant, and I'm coming up empty.

I played a socialite bard who flavored his magic as calling in favors from various extraplanar connections.

Conjuration Wizard with the Hermit background.

His grand revelation was stumbling across a demiplane where overconsumption of plastic eventually ruined the environment and made life unsustainable. His spells were all flavored as summoning an existing plastic tool from his demiplane. So Gust of Wind involved conjuring a gigantic hand fan made of plastic. Magic Missile was fluffed as summoning and propelling frisbees at people, Hold Person wound plastic netting around the target, etc

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
late to the mount party but i feel like the easiest thing would be to just go "yea when you mount you inherit the creature's move and as a bonus action can have the mount do an attack" what is all this double initiative stuff

if you can't ride by someone on a horse what even is the point

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Toshimo posted:

If it was the case, you'd be getting +5 damage per ray of Scorching Ray or Eldritch Blast and it would add up hella fast.

Oh yeah, definitely. I've also played too many games where "straight delete a fool" is possible or even common. Old habits, maybe.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Currently playing a shadow sorcerer with the noble background who claims to be Vicount of a city the other PCs suspect doesn't have a Vicount. (He's a younger son who suspects himself to be the product of an affair and who lies about his present position in the succession.) He lies so cheerfully and confidently that everyone's wondering if he's telling the truth.

Other concepts: I once played a drow cleric of a thief deity who disguised himself as an elven cleric of the god of commerce and trade. The campaign ended before I was able to fully execute his plan to found a spy organization within the thieves' temple as well as a counterspy operation with the merchants.

My favorite one requires an ongoing campaign and the right circumstances and GM: do a time jump of about 16-20 years and play the offspring of the previous campaign's PCs or NPCs. The one strict rule is that you must play another PC's child, not your own. This allows for really interesting stories and the players can all play off of the other players' past characters in often hilarious ways. In the 3e campaign we tried this, I ended up playing a Psionic Warrior, daughter of a PC Psion who had a chaotic, trickster personality right up until he learned a big secret and ended up the God of Nightmare. She was completely comfortable around horrible monsters because the only time she ever saw her father was in a nightmare. Somewhere around L7 we encountered a dragon in the realm of dream and my PC was pleading with it not to attack us because she knew things out of the realm of Nightmare would appear and kill it if it did, and she didn't want that to happen. (It did, they did, and the other PCs got terrified by the twisted things she was treating like her imaginary friends.)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'm DM'ing for a (large) group of relatively new players who have thusfar not been very good at fighting efficiently. I've been running them through Sunless Citadel, and though it is theoretically balanced for 4 people, I've so far run it with 6-7 and changed nothing but multiplied mob HP by 1.5, and that has been sufficient challenge for the players (even though they should have a significant action economy advantage).

After Sunless Citadel, I'm bringing them into an intrigue adventure I've homebrewed, and I've set it up to allow the players to push for several very different outcomes. Essentially, it's a battle for power of a small kingdom between several families, each with their own secrets, and my plan is for the families to all seek to get the players on their side by promising rewards for helping the families seize control of the kingdom. One family is traditionally wealthy, and will be offering a large amount of money. Another family have started out as smiths using blood magic to imbue their creations with extra power, and they will offer the players a reward consisting of magic items (players will be around level 4, so I'm thinking one or two +1 items total and some weaker flavour items).

My question is this: Would it make sense to have another family, who specialize in knowledge and wisdom, offer the players "training in the skills of their choices". If the players accept this offer and succeed in helping this familiy, my thought is that each player would be allowed to choose a bonus feat as a result of the training. Since every class gets an ASI at 4, this would essentially allow the players to select both an ASI and a feat when they ding 4, as that should happen as they finish the intrigue adventure. Would this be overpowered in the long term? There are no variant humans in the group.

The Mash fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 14, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The Mash posted:

I'm DM'ing for a (large) group of relatively new players who have thusfar not been very good at fighting efficiently. I've been running them through Sunless Citadel, and though it is theoretically balanced for 4 people, I've so far run it with 6-7 and changed nothing but multiplied mob HP by 1.5, and that has been sufficient challenge for the players (even though they should have a significant action economy advantage).

After Sunless Citadel, I'm bringing them into an intrigue adventure I've homebrewed, and I've set it up to allow the players to push for several very different outcomes. Essentially, it's a battle for power of a small kingdom between several families, each with their own secrets, and my plan is for the families to all seek to get the players on their side by promising rewards for helping the families seize control of the kingdom. One family is traditionally wealthy, and will be offering a large amount of money. Another family have started out as smiths using blood magic to imbue their creations with extra power, and they will offer the players a reward consisting of magic items (players will be around level 4, so I'm thinking one or two +1 items total and some weaker flavour items).

My question is this: Would it make sense to have another family, who specialize in knowledge and wisdom, offer the players "training in the skills of their choices". If the players accept this offer and succeed in helping this familiy, my though is that each player would be allowed to choose a bonus feat as a result of the training. Since every class gets an ASI at 4, this would essentially allow the players to select both an ASI and a feat when they ding 4, as that should happen as they finish the intrigue adventure. Would this be overpowered in the long term? There are no variant humans in the group.

No it would be fine, especially if you're comfortable adjusting power levels on the fly.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Has anyone had experience with the Illrigger homebrew class that Matt Colville made? One of my players is retiring their character and is interested in it, so I decided to give it a look. There's some stuff that theoretically I should be more into, like the seals that function a lot like the Warlord battle dice, but it ultimately feels like it should have been a Paladin subclass homebrew and not a whole separate class. My biggest gripe is with it's level 6 ability, which is just straight up "devils don't attack you and also you can maybe force a devil to be your ally, with no downside."

Matt's on record on not being super duper worried about balancing in terms of the whole game, but balancing for his table in regards to that stuff. It obviously isn't content produced and distributed to be sold, just people would wanna get to mess with it.

He's basically tinkering with it as they go. Despite the ridiculousness of it, his tables Battle Master is the one laying on the most damage flat out.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The Mash posted:

My question is this: Would it make sense to have another family, who specialize in knowledge and wisdom, offer the players "training in the skills of their choices". If the players accept this offer and succeed in helping this familiy, my thought is that each player would be allowed to choose a bonus feat as a result of the training. Since every class gets an ASI at 4, this would essentially allow the players to select both an ASI and a feat when they ding 4, as that should happen as they finish the intrigue adventure. Would this be overpowered in the long term? There are no variant humans in the group.

I have a similar group, 6 players and only 2 of them has played a tabletop rpg/DnD before. I did exactly what you described, gave them an ASI and a feat at level 4 and it hasn’t broken anything so far, they are at level 9 now and just had a real challenging fight against a Beholder in his lair. Do it.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey so I've been DMing a group for a while..............................and I don't think I like it. I've always been fond of playing a character, but the prep work, the arbitration, the trying to make sure I give people spotlight time, and having to have the story ready, I don't think its for me. The group is fine, most are having a good time, and one or two are having an amazing time. Sooooo, I guess what I'm saying is, does anyone know a good way to pawn off DM duties to someone else? If I just have to have a talk with them and say it isn't for me I'll do that and end it. But I'd rather "encourage" someone to volunteer so the group can keep going.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Madmarker posted:

Hey so I've been DMing a group for a while..............................and I don't think I like it. I've always been fond of playing a character, but the prep work, the arbitration, the trying to make sure I give people spotlight time, and having to have the story ready, I don't think its for me. The group is fine, most are having a good time, and one or two are having an amazing time. Sooooo, I guess what I'm saying is, does anyone know a good way to pawn off DM duties to someone else? If I just have to have a talk with them and say it isn't for me I'll do that and end it. But I'd rather "encourage" someone to volunteer so the group can keep going.
While you're waiting, run some Danger Patrol

(send me a PM if you have any questions, it's not my game but I love it dearly)

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Madmarker posted:

I'd start by floating the idea of rotating the DM-hat and see who is interested in running a couple of sessions for the group before moving to the next player. Find a natural stopping place in your existing campaign, and move towards having more episodic adventures in general. Another idea might be finding premade adventures - particularly the shorter ones - that could help take the weight of it all off your shoulders. Not wanting to be the permanent DM is a very normal feeling, and I'm sure the other players will understand.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Kaal posted:

I'd start by floating the idea of rotating the DM-hat and see who is interested in running a couple of sessions for the group before moving to the next player. Find a natural stopping place in your existing campaign, and move towards having more episodic adventures in general. Another idea might be finding premade adventures - particularly the shorter ones - that could help take the weight of it all off your shoulders. Not wanting to be the permanent DM is a very normal feeling, and I'm sure the other players will understand.
Episodic adventures work great for rotating DMs, but you do need to go for longer sessions (4-6 hours instead of 2-3) if you want to be able to get an adventure done in a session or two. I had a group that did this for years using the same characters and it was fantastic.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

The Mash posted:

Goblins and Kobolds and Hobgoblins using cover will wreck a level 1-3 party's poo poo.

Sunless Citadel is hard for the same reason all low level modules are hard - swingy as gently caress. I doubt your group is doing anything particularly wrong.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
I've been working up a homebrew campaign in my spare time to run when one of my group's two campaigns end. I have a concept that I'd appreciate some feedback on.

Essentially, the PCs will eventually take on an NPC companion that is a 'source' - a sorcerer that either doesn't know how to use her power herself or is unable to do so. Before she is taken on by the players, a wizard had been using her abilities to fuel his own magic (with her consent). However, as her power is being used by someone other than herself, there is a cost - in that the transference of that power also drains her energy (doing damage to her).

The general framework I've been thinking about is that she will be relatively on par with the characters, level wise, with the appropriate amount of sorcery points and spell slots. She is able to create a bond between herself and others to enable them to draw on her power - this also enables a two way empathic bond and the ability to always know the direction and distance (not exactly) of the other bonded persons.

If the PCs choose to bond with her the advantages include the ability to use her spell slots to cast their own spells, with spells doing 1hp of damage to her per spell level when cast. PCs could use her sorc points to recharge short or long rest abilities. Not sure about the conversion rates here because some SR and LR abilities are vastly more powerful than others, but my first instinct is 2 sorc points for SR abilities and 5 for LR (I may have to specifically tweak costs for certain abilities depending on the classes in the party - maneuvers and arcane recovery come to mind as ones that would need to cost more). Using sorc points does 1hp of damage to her per sorc point used.

The disadvantages include that anytime she takes damage from a source other than her converting her power for use by others, anyone bonded to her also takes half that damage. Also the range of the power is about ~50m, and she must be in clear line of sight to the person drawing on her.

Essentially, I'm trying to set her up as a person that needs be protected, but there's an advantage to keeping her with the party. The PCs will be given the option to leave her in a safe place should they not want to expose her to the dangers of adventuring, so they'll have to weigh if it's worth it to bring her along or if it's not. If she dies, the end of the campaign will get more interesting, as she's a sort of shortcut to defeating the BBEG.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Hey all, I'm a relative D&D newbie -- played some 3.5 like 15 years ago and then relatively recently joined a group of other mostly-newbies in a friend's campaign. I'm playing wizard, and could use some advice on my spell picks because I have chosen some stinkers. I mean, I don't think my character is bad necessarily, but he could be better. My goal was to make a "gently caress with the bad guys" caster, who helps everyone else do their jobs better moreso than deals direct damage themselves. Unfortunately 5e makes that sufficiently not-straightforward, especially early on when we're fighting miscellaneous animals and zombies, that newbie me wasn't really able to figure out how to accomplish that. I took Charm Person and Disguise Self at L1 and we've yet to meet an NPC we would want to manipulate rather than either talk to as an ally or kill. :shrug:

Half-elf Wizard 6 (school of illusion), stats 8/10/14/18/14/14. Current spells before my levelup picks:
  • Acid Splash, Light, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Toll the Dead
  • Bewitch, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Disguise Self, Find Familiar, Grease, Magic Missile, Shield, Silent Image, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave
  • Blindness/Deafness, Flaming Sphere, Mirror Image, Phantasmal Force
  • Fireball, Fly, Galder's Tower

The spells I'm looking hard at right now are Web, Misty Step, Hypnotic Pattern, and Slow. Basically, a bunch of mass-disable spells and a panic button for if I end up staring a monster in the face. I do have a bit of a problem on the damage front in that my only useful damage spells are fire (easily resisted), Magic Missile, or necrotic (useless against the many undead we face). But again, I'd rather be disabling enemies and letting my buddies beat on them than I would be directly killing them myself. Unless there's a chance to use Fireball.

Party composition is monk (thinks they're a tank, keeps charging into the frontlines and nearly dying), rogue (Arcane Trickster, rolls all the dice), bard (casts Shatter followed by Vicious Mockery, rarely stabs things), cleric (by far our MVP), and me. I'm usually able to avoid drawing too much attention, which explains why e.g. I have Shield as a panic button, instead of Mage Armor.

The DM's a bit sympathetic to my spell plight, so if you want to suggest other spells I should try to research during downtime, I'm all ears.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Half-elf Wizard 6 (school of illusion), stats 8/10/14/18/14/14. Current spells before my levelup picks:
  • Acid Splash, Light, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Toll the Dead
  • Bewitch, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Disguise Self, Find Familiar, Grease, Magic Missile, Shield, Silent Image, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave
  • Blindness/Deafness, Flaming Sphere, Mirror Image, Phantasmal Force
  • Fireball, Fly, Galder's Tower

The spells I'm looking hard at right now are Web, Misty Step, Hypnotic Pattern, and Slow. Basically, a bunch of mass-disable spells and a panic button for if I end up staring a monster in the face. I do have a bit of a problem on the damage front in that my only useful damage spells are fire (easily resisted), Magic Missile, or necrotic (useless against the many undead we face). But again, I'd rather be disabling enemies and letting my buddies beat on them than I would be directly killing them myself. Unless there's a chance to use Fireball

Your list doesn't look bad now. I dont know some of those spells (Galders tower?) but Fireball is always good.

I like to think of spell picks based on what situation you will use them in.
Slow = can be saved against, so don't use against a boss, but it's great against a pile of normal monsters
Haste = can't be saved against, use during a boss fight
Ray of Enfeeblement = crap against a normal monster, great against a boss. No save, just have to hit, halves their melee damage across bonus/legendary attacks for a round, dont expect longer duration.
Hold Person is also really good, your cleric might have that but it wouldn't hurt to have it on two characters.

Counterspell is always important too. For defense, you'll also want Absorb Elements to save your butt from a giant fireball/dragon breath/trap explosion.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Galder's Tower is from an official campaign (The Lost Laboratory of Kwalish). It summons a 10x10x20 tower that has a variety of furnishing options. Think basically Tiny Hut but can't be cast as a ritual and isn't literally impervious. I didn't spend a levelup spell on learning it, but I like the flavor. Plus if you cast it every day for a year it becomes permanent! Which is honestly never going to happen in this campaign but again, I like the flavor.

Bewitch is something the DM had me find randomly; it adds 1d4 to CHA checks for awhile. I haven't cast it once and I don't know where the DM found it. And Toll the Dead is a 1d8 necrotic attack cantrip (WIS save), except it's 1d12 if the target is already hurt. It comes from Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

Thanks for the tips. I'll firmly agree that there are a lot of spells that I want to have. I get two right now. Which two would you pick in this situation?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Misty Step is always a winner. Bonus action. Gets you out of trouble without an AoO.

Slow can be Good/Great. Haste is usually great. Haste can make that monk who thinks he's a tank, into an actual tank.

Enemies Abound from Xanathar's is also a good spell if you're going up against dumb opponents. I've also gotten some pretty good use out of Hypnotic Pattern.

Galdar's Tower is kind of neat. I think the problem with it over Leomond's Tiny Hut, is that.. people can walk in if no one's on watch, and it's material, it can be attacked if a Dragon or Giant wishes to.

quote:

Galder's Tower
3rd-level conjuration

Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (a fragment of stone, wood, or other building material)
Duration: 24 hours

You conjure a two-story tower made of stone, wood, or similar suitably sturdy materials. The tower can be round or square in shape. Each level of the tower is 10 feet tall and has an area of up to 100 square feet. Access between levels consists of a simple ladder and hatch. Each level takes one of the following forms, chosen by you when you cast the spell:

• A bedroom with a bed, chairs, chest, and magical fireplace
• A study with desks, books, bookshelves, parchments, ink, and ink pens
• A dining space with a table, chairs, magical fireplace, containers, and cooking utensils
• A lounge with couches, armchairs, side tables and footstools
• A washroom with toilets, washtubs, a magical brazier, and sauna benches
• An observatory with a telescope and maps of the night sky
• An unfurnished, empty room

The interior of the tower is warm and dry, regardless of conditions outside. Any equipment or furnishings conjured with the tower dissipate into smoke if removed from it. At the end of the spell’s duration, all creatures and objects within the tower that were not created by the spell appear safely outside on the ground, and all traces of the tower and its furnishings disappear.

You can cast this spell again while it is active to maintain the tower’s existence for another 24 hours. You can create a permanent tower by casting this spell in the same location and with the same configuration every day for one year.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the tower can have one additional story for each slot level beyond 3rd.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Madmarker posted:

Say something like "Hey I don't wanna DM any more, I'm not really enjoying the whole process. Instead of just ending the whole group, someone should take over. I'll help you get going."

It'll work itself out one way or another from there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A new survey came up. It appears to be about Box Sets.

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5066156/D-D-Survey?fbclid=IwAR0FpfKLzJAvEYj4TJYPwwDgWjpNC--AOTXgk6mn7VewrBQUu7JwqQ-KPqI

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I would love some of the smaller red box campaigns to come back.

When I was younger, I had some of the old ravenloft ones, just because I loved the setting. Including the one they did that was more victorian era.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What is a kenku name for a guy slated to be buried with a pharaoh to guide him into the afterlife

I'm thinking [sound of stone grinding against stone like a sarcophagus shutting], but not sure what people without mimicry call him

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What is a kenku name for a guy slated to be buried with a pharaoh to guide him into the afterlife

I'm thinking [sound of stone grinding against stone like a sarcophagus shutting], but not sure what people without mimicry call him

Grrrr'bang

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
https://imgur.com/a/yWNWy4R

I make bad life choices and made a custom sheet for my home brew campaign.

Don’t do this, it takes way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Is there a 5th edition version of the old 2nd ed World Builders Guidebook? Or covers the same sort of ground?