Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Choom Gangster posted:

It's Fandango

That was my one guess and was told no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

return as in wrestling or just appearing? because no way in hell is ciampa cleared to wrestle yet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what if it's Sasha

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Welcome back Blue Pants

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mearn posted:

Welcome back Blue Pants

she's in AEW now lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

mearn posted:

Welcome back Blue PantsThe Librarian.

The first shots are fired.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

IcePhoenix posted:

what if it's Sasha

Zero chance. I am hearing that those two sides are trying to work out an exit deal, part of which entails her working publicity for the WWE2k game and some other stuff like a no compete until after next Mania but I don't entirely trust where it came from so take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Djarum posted:

Zero chance. I am hearing that those two sides are trying to work out an exit deal, part of which entails her working publicity for the WWE2k game and some other stuff like a no compete until after next Mania but I don't entirely trust where it came from so take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

what if the exit deal is her just working in nxt until after mania because it gives them a top tier face, which they are sorely lacking in now that io turned

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IcePhoenix posted:

what if the exit deal is her just working in nxt until after mania because it gives them a top tier face, which they are sorely lacking in now that io turned

I think they are hedging their bets on Mia Yim and Candice LeRae, along with Dakota Kai being the top faces on the women's side of the equation. I feel like Io is gonna slot into Shayna's role once she gets called up.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It's WrestleVotes so take it with a massive grain of salt but lol:

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1139245047793238021

Cole/Riddle, Strong/Dream, and Baszler/Yim aren't exactly must see Takeover matches if last night's tapings are any indication of future plans.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All of those matches sound extremely good?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IcePhoenix posted:

I should mention that's just speculation on my part based on what has happened last night. There is also Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons as well. And that's not exactly a card I would say is super stacked either.

I mean Shayna Baszler vs Mia Yim would probably be the weakest match on the card simply because it'll be ran like every other Shayna match ever, and it would lack a lot of build.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 13, 2019

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

No Joshis are involved so they are bad.

Expect Cole/Gargano to be the direction going by what I know. Possibly another person to that mix too but I am unaware of that.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rovert posted:

No Joshis are involved so they are bad.

Expect Cole/Gargano to be the direction going by what I know. Possibly another person to that mix too but I am unaware of that.

Again? Why?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NXT runs on the same logic as regular roster WWE, feuds should be three big matches in a row.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

There is also Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons as well.

See, that's something I'm not excited to see even though I like the profits.

But Dream/Roddy and Cole/Riddle would sell me on the card by themselves

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Holy loving poo poo Io Shirai is a badass.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1139300209253654529

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Crowd popping, heel turn a failure

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently the reaction was mixed. She never said a word for five minutes.

https://twitter.com/Tarratastic/status/1139300654730682375

And then...

https://twitter.com/runninjay/status/1139301836115128320

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 13, 2019

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

IcePhoenix posted:

If I were her I'd take it but that doesn't sound like what either side is looking for. Only thing I know for sure at the moment is she is committed to the 2k game and publicity for that as that seems to be a separate deal from WWE and was done before all of this. WWE is wanting her to do publicity for Smackdown in the Fall as well but there hasn't been any movement there. As of right now she is not wanting to wrestle again for the company and feels she has been taken advantage of time and time again with vague promises that never pan out, which sounds awful familiar.

My gut is that they will ice her until after the AEW TV and Smackdown moves to Fox. They don't want a Lex Lugar surprise on their hands before if they can avoid it. I can see them thinking to let them have her around Christmas to get it out of the way in the dead season to not overshadow the Rumble and the lead into Mania.

They could also be incredibly petty and just try to freeze her indefinitely which I am pretty sure would backfire spectacularly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Killian Dain's back

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1139303815231016961

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Smackdown legend killian dain???

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Well rovert you were right Apollo Crews is back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1139306354974351360 Big Night of Returns

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I don’t know why, but I really appreciate how that guy refers to himself live tweeting the tapings as “scoops.”

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t know why, but I really appreciate how that guy refers to himself live tweeting the tapings as “scoops.”

He has an ice cream scoop taped to his phone. Don't ask, it's Florida

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What should we do about the main roster feeling bloated and having no time for the undercard? Hm, yes, send a bunch of people back to your shortest show and developmental brand

I wish NXT got 2 hours of TV a week, but if it went live I'd be terrified that it might get noticed by Vince or Dunn

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

What should we do about the main roster feeling bloated and having no time for the undercard? Hm, yes, send a bunch of people back to your shortest show and developmental brand

Look, people can always be thrown into the Florida Loop Abyss.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

RealFoxy posted:

I wish NXT got 2 hours of TV a week, but if it went live I'd be terrified that it might get noticed by Vince or Dunn

this, but unironically. send them back to NXT so they can live an easier lifestyle, and wrestle good matches. don't put the developmental people on TV if they're bad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Florida Loop is the real developmental. At this point NXT is just WWE doing a PWG parody.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gumball Gumption posted:

The Florida Loop is the real developmental. At this point NXT is just WWE doing a PWG parody.
Battle of Orlando should wrap up tonight aka the BOOR

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect a Gargano wrestling in a gimmick match at Takeover and his for reals call up to come after that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rip johnny

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1139315126560051201?s=19

WHAT

I know not many of you are going to know Big Twan, but he was one of Johnny's students in AIW and absolutely idolizes him. Getting to be part of an angle with him on NXT has to be amazing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
What looks like a new finisher alert.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1139326108858535937

Seems like this is setting up Candice vs Io for later in tonight's tapings, or during the tapings before Takeover: Toronto.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I really like that finisher.

Also got Toronto tix so I'm getting excited to see what the card ends up being.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

man I really wanted to see riddle/Cole in Toronto, not Johnny again.

Dimebags Brain posted:

NXT runs on the same logic as regular roster WWE, feuds should be three big matches in a row.

to be fair, of these 25 takeovers, only 2 feuds went three shows I think (finn/Joe and gargano/ciampa). maybe 3 or 4 outside of the singles titles.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
THE FASHION POLICE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1139332189617840130

Their first act? Giving out fashion violations to the Forgotten Sons.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

That was my one guess and was told no.
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Between those beards, vests, and gear, the Sons should probably be in Fashion Solitary Confinement, or Fashion Abu Ghraib