Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Gum posted:

I had no idea they had the internet in the early-mid 20th century

Go tell the Chagossians that the Empire is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

GSD posted:

what does brexit mean now?

after a lot of consultation it seems that brexit now means brexit

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Entryismmmmmm!

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1139275962338689025

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

imagine it's the year 2010. a portal opens up in front of you and a slip of paper comes through. written on it are these words:

PM BOJO 2019

what do you do?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
comment: i'm surprised it took him that long

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jazerus posted:

imagine it's the year 2010. a portal opens up in front of you and a slip of paper comes through. written on it are these words:

PM BOJO 2019

what do you do?

Erase those coordinates from the Stargate, I've seen that episode.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Obliterati posted:

Go tell the Chagossians that the Empire is over

That's because of the American empire to be fair, if it wasn't for their base I bet the UK would have folded a lot earlier.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jesus WEP posted:

there was a place in belfast would do a deep fried ferrero rocher in case you were feeling classy

vis zees fried batter coating you are spoiling us!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

that batter might have the power to perform a controlled coconut explosion on the white ones

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

baka kaba posted:

that batter might have the power to perform a controlled coconut explosion on the white ones

I missed this episode of Gilligan's Island.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
eagerly awaiting pm bojo's seamless heelturn from "europe will renegotiate in the face of our clear willingness to shoot ourselves in the face" to "shooting ourselves in the face is, in fact, both cool and good and what we wanted all along"

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Rozzbot posted:

I've never had a jellied eal and I'm not sure where I'd get one

Close your eyes and hold out your hand :wink:

Here is some brexit in a can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSuUnuohFwY

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

props to labour for this devastating blow to the libdems

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Vitamin P, if/when you return to this thread I suggest you take several deep breaths and calm down before doing so, and ideally also reflect why, exactly, you thought it was a good idea to vote for a party that apparently you were the only person in the entire world not to realize was chock full of neo-fascist hellfuckers.

I voted Labour and that came up before, unless you are Sensible Centrist Guardian-posting that Labour are neo-fascist hellfuckers you are misinformed.

And I stand by the obvious distinction that people wanting to leave the EU aren't all far-right Identity Europa ethnostatists.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i like that jeremy hunt works as rhyming slang for himself

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ees a roight jeremy 'at one

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
who else has the bojones?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

kecske posted:

hey guys im gonna be ur PM lol lmao

Sir Jimmy Saville attempting to catch a child by throwing a Pédoball (2019, colourized)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

the only name more generic would be
the party in favour of the things you like

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

the only name more generic would be
the party in favour of the things you like

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The Independent Group - The One Neolib Europarty: The Begun of TIGTONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-J3nJerAyQ

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/paulj71/status/1139058567171006464

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
you can’t brexit on water you bojo! unless you got bercows

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Vitamin P posted:

I voted Labour and that came up before, unless you are Sensible Centrist Guardian-posting that Labour are neo-fascist hellfuckers you are misinformed.

And I stand by the obvious distinction that people wanting to leave the EU aren't all far-right Identity Europa ethnostatists.

Every post you make itt kind of comes off like a guy wearing a huge bulky trenchcoat who reeks really bad like rotten onions.
Like you walk by and the grass dies bad.
You're sitting there calmly talking and acting like you aren't a guy in a huge bulky trenchcoat who smells like onions, and act lightly offended whenever anyone asks about the onion smell.

"Excuse me, an onion smell? Well I don't know, I actually have cinnamon sticks under here. But if an onion was here it might be the best thing to eat ever, JOKING lol."
*huge onion falls out from under coat*
"haha whoa, who dropped that."

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

finally, for once it's the germans who get a loanword that describes things better than their own language

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Vitamin P posted:

You are right, there are also morons too gormless to tell when they are empowering them

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Woodchip posted:

you can’t brexit on water you bojo! unless you got bercows

Think, DePfeffel, think!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

*Borithan Johnstar upon being made prime minister* OH NO! The two phrases I hate the most are 'hard work' and 'work hard!'

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

*Borithan Johnstar upon being made prime minister* OH NO! The two phrases I hate the most are 'hard work' and 'work hard!'

well he loves the phrases. shouting them at poors mostly, no doubt

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maduo posted:

finally, for once it's the germans who get a loanword that describes things better than their own language

loanwords in German are super weird, like the word "clusterfuck". Another one that is totally normal and widely used by formal publications and schools is "shitstorm" lol

If you speak German, then check out the Wikipedia entry for shitstorm for the most German thing ever:

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitstorm

oliwan has issued a correction as of 07:20 on Jun 14, 2019

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

But we can aggree that everyone voting for the BREXIT in the election voted for the very obvious fash party?

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
So if boris wins the leadership of the party, does he become PM automatically? Or does he need to also win a vote in Parliment.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

So does the Brexit hatch from Bojo's shoulders, or does he poop it out, or what?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Bercow bends over, Bojo barfs Brexit like in Banjo Kazooie.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/xpressanny/status/1139469549546479617

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

After Boris Johnson becomes PM, Brexit Party voters switch to Tories to get their Brexit. Meanwhile the opposition is split between many parties so Boris will call a new GE and let First Past the Post do its magic. Boris Johnson becomes the supreme leader of the UK.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Attorney at Funk posted:

it's making me think "bojo's bizarre adventure"

Boris has a younger brother called Jo

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
BoJo's Brexit Misadventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Superanos posted:

After Boris Johnson becomes PM, Brexit Party voters switch to Tories to get their Brexit. Meanwhile the opposition is split between many parties so Boris will call a new GE and let First Past the Post do its magic. Boris Johnson becomes the supreme leader of the UK.

all farage has to do is say that boris' no deal isnt racist enough to spoil this, though