Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

oh dope posted:

The good game Skyrim has a wildly underappreciated soundtrack.

Skyrim had really good dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

sebmojo posted:

Skyrim had really good dungeons

The only good dungeon in Skyrim is Blackreach, the bigass underground cave that links a bunch of the Dwemer ruins together.

And maybe that one building where you crash the dinner party of high elves, because gently caress them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oh dope posted:

gross i wouldn't hire jeremy soule to shine my shoes let alone compose for me

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

mind the walrus posted:

To be completely fair the likeness rights must cost a small fortune at this point.

I'm pretty sure they could ape the movie faces no problem (actors have signed away their rights for CGI scenes already), it's more that Marvel always insists on keeping the ~universes~ separate in all the different properties

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Nobody complains about the Marvel Ultimate Alliance characters not looking like the movies, and nobody cared that PS4 Spiderman didn't look like any of movie guys (though a handful of people had a tantrum about the Sam Raimi suit not being in the base game)

The difference is that those are good games and the Avengers game just looks like poo poo generally

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dr.Smasher posted:

The only good dungeon in Skyrim is Blackreach, the bigass underground cave that links a bunch of the Dwemer ruins together.

And maybe that one building where you crash the dinner party of high elves, because gently caress them.

They are all a bit different and each one has at least one interesting feature or gimmick. Plus the end joins up to the beginning nearly always which might not make much sense but it's a really nice qol thing.

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

sebmojo posted:

Plus the end joins up to the beginning nearly always which might not make much sense but it's a really nice qol thing.

Finding different ways to ruin the Thalmor dinner party is the focus of most, if not all of my Skyrim playthroughs.

I also enjoyed the poo poo out of the dinner party level in Dishonored as well - perhaps I just love ruining dinner parties?

Dia de Pikachutos fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 14, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

spongepuppy posted:

Finding different ways to ruin the Thalmor dinner party is the focus of most, if not all of my Skyrim playthroughs.

I also enjoyed the poo poo out of the dinner party level in Dishonored as well - perhaps I just love ruining dinner parties?

I keep sayin’, someone needs to make a Frasier game

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

food court bailiff posted:

You could absolutely make an Ace Attorney plot with the cast of Frasier.

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

Combining witty repartee and ragdoll physics in a residential dining setting could very well be the genesis of a gameplay revolution.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

spongepuppy posted:

Combining witty repartee and ragdoll physics in a residential dining setting could very well be the genesis of a gameplay revolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V91Y7MRw7eo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A Frasier/Hitman crossover game is something I never knew I wanted so badly

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

christmas boots posted:

Frasier/Party Hard

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

christmas boots posted:

It already kind-of exists: http://www.spyparty.com/

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
LOL, I'm getting ~40 frames per second in Quake 2 RTX with my ancient i7-2600k and 1070GTX TI. Of course I'm running at 800x600, but this is still pretty loving cool.

I played Quake 2 CTF on my Intergraph TD30 workstation twenty years ago, running dual Voodoo 2 cards at 1024x768 on Windows NT.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 15, 2019

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Does it only make sense to play that ray trace quake 2 remaster if you’ve got a 2080 or something?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Play however you want. Bore your target to death with conversation, or just ignore the target and fall through a stage and rack yourself in the balls.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

poisonpill posted:

Does it only make sense to play that ray trace quake 2 remaster if you’ve got a 2080 or something?

2080 will give you the very best frame rate for sure, but my 1070 seems to be ray tracing just fine. It's a lot slower, but still playable.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

oh dope posted:

Jeremy Soule is the greatest Iowan

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

christmas boots posted:

Agent 47 can't ditch Frasier and Niles talking about fine suits, while trying to keep out of sight of Marty. Eddie likes him, though.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The Secret of Evermore soundtrack is by Jeremy Soule and is really good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That game owns in general, would highly recommend.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Diana distracts Frasier by calling in on his show and ends up complaining about a hostile work environment.

And finally, Frasier's dinner party is ruined by an incredibly convoluted seemingly accidental death, and also someone stole the RV.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That game owns in general, would highly recommend.

It's such a strange game, they tried to create a JRPG mood with American trappings, like a reverse Earthbound.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

randomized top down arena shooters aren't roguelikes

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
why does every game have to be an open world, rogue-like, metroidvania with a time-rewind gimmick? last three games i've bought have ripped off braid and hotline miami, is this a thing now?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shibawanko posted:

The Secret of Evermore soundtrack is by Jeremy Soule and is really good.

secret of evermore was jointly composed by jeremy soule and his brother, who is by all accounts actually a good composer. jeremy soule otoh proudly took singlehanded billing in the credits for the prehistoria tracks

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

doctorfrog posted:

randomized top down arena shooters aren't roguelikes

They are roguelikelike

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

why does every game have to be an open world, rogue-like, metroidvania with a time-rewind gimmick? last three games i've bought have ripped off braid and hotline miami, is this a thing now?

Oh hell yeah it's a thing. It's because those mechanics are both so well-known to devs and such a well-established corner of the marketplace that they're very tempting for any indie dev under the gun, especially if you're halfway decent with your art assets and can make it looks pretty.

Not inherently a bad thing though. I normally hate clone-gimmicks but have been enjoying the poo poo out of Tamashii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJqBk32CENM

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

there is actually hundreds of new games in every genre being made every day. you are only seeing metroidvania roguelikes because that is your preference. there are many hentai dating sims that have no such elements for you to play on steam

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1) They're not so ???
2) Oh I see; stop buying games like that: problem solved. You loving dumb-rear end.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its true that indie games mostly just rip eachother off and grasp at hot new mechanics, whenever a game with some creative in it comes out, a few years later all the clones appear

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
i'd love to play video games RIGHT NOW but i can't!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i think i like katana zero better than hotline miami

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caesar Saladin posted:

its true that indie games mostly just rip eachother off and grasp at hot new mechanics, whenever a game with some creative in it comes out, a few years later all the clones appear

yeah but its also indy games that come out with the new mechanics in the first place. 90% of indy games are trash, but the 10% that isnt is way better than anything put out by AAA publishers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rutibex posted:

yeah but its also indy games that come out with the new mechanics in the first place. 90% of indy games are trash, but the 10% that isnt is way better than anything put out by AAA publishers.

False; Fallout New Vegas is the best computer video game ever and it wasn't an "indie" game.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

new vegas has an astoundingly bad map and the fact that i can recognize exactly why it is laid out like that on a logical level does not change the fact that it's just not much fun to explore

e: that isn't even to say it's a bad game, just as someone that plays(/ed, lol FO4 and 76) bethesda games for exploration and gives the finger to the main plot it was basically exactly the opposite of what i enjoy

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 16, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

new vegas has an astoundingly bad map and the fact that i can recognize exactly why it is laid out like that on a logical level does not change the fact that it's just not much fun to explore

You sound like a guy who role-played a character who was too scared to take the direct route.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

e: that isn't even to say it's a bad game, just as someone that plays(/ed, lol FO4 and 76) bethesda games for exploration and gives the finger to the main plot it was basically exactly the opposite of what i enjoy

You didn't like FO4 though? I thought it was the best map they've done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

You didn't like FO4 though? I thought it was the best map they've done.

i liked certain areas of the map (i remember one of the cities being particularly cool even though it was full of buildings that were just props despite having doors n poo poo) but the rest of the systems dragged it down too much for me, like the way the settlement system and events worked meant that everything felt way more "atomic" and divided up than a big chunk of wasteland with some points of interest scattered across it

i also wasn't a huge fan of how you basically trip over dogmeat and a set of power armor like ten minutes into the plot, it felt really pandering in a bad way, but i think i'm in a pretty huge minority there