Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

There is an irony with this new character with Cinderella as a Persona. I really hope she doesn't turn into another antagonist at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm kind of wondering why they're adding another Phantom Thief when they could stand to use Haru better as it is.

Not to mention the changes to Morgana that seem to be happening. And whatever they're likely going to add to Akechi.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The issue with Haru is that there is so little time for her to really be part of the group. So with the additional 2-3 months of game time that should no longer be an issue.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm kind of wondering why they're adding another Phantom Thief when they could stand to use Haru better as it is.

Not to mention the changes to Morgana that seem to be happening. And whatever they're likely going to add to Akechi.

Golden was generally better received than FES, and they doubled down on the amount of reworking they did there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've open to making some pretty massive changes for Royal.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hunt11 posted:

The issue with Haru is that there is so little time for her to really be part of the group. So with the additional 2-3 months of game time that should no longer be an issue.

Hopefully.
I've checked the join dates when the thread finally recruited Haru, and I think her and Naoto join the party roughly the same month.
Problem is, Naoto was an active part of the plot since at least Kanji and interacted with the party in a lot of occasions (exhibit A: the King's game and "are you a pack of imbeciles?"), while Naru simply isn't until her dad's dungeon.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Stroth posted:

Golden was generally better received than FES, and they doubled down on the amount of reworking they did there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've open to making some pretty massive changes for Royal.

Can't wait for 300 hours of Persona 6 Garden.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKirbs posted:

In other news the new character's Persona has been confirmed as Cendrillon, the french name for Cinderella.
The other interesting thing of note is that the new trailer revealed that there are going to be more demons/Persona being added to the roster. In particular, Byakhee (from the Cthulhu mythos) was shown as an opponent. In case you're wondering, its last appearance was in the Persona 2 duology.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AradoBalanga posted:

The other interesting thing of note is that the new trailer revealed that there are going to be more demons/Persona being added to the roster. In particular, Byakhee (from the Cthulhu mythos) was shown as an opponent. In case you're wondering, its last appearance was in the Persona 2 duology.

I kinda assumed we'd get an expanded Persona roster, since new girl is another social link (Aeon again? Hopefully not) and I would not be surprised if totally_not_Morgana's_human_form got assigned a second additional Arcana.
New arcanas mean new personas to fill the void.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

If she’s Aeon that’s a big clue as to what role she’s playing in the final 3 months at the very least. But I suspect she’ll be some variation of the lovers arcana considering her scenes seem very cute couple stuff with Joker so far.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Lord_Magmar posted:

If she’s Aeon that’s a big clue as to what role she’s playing in the final 3 months at the very least. But I suspect she’ll be some variation of the lovers arcana considering her scenes seem very cute couple stuff with Joker so far.
That doesn't preclude her from being Aeon, given that Aigis' arc in January can be (sightly over)simply described as "I now understand this human emotion you call love :psylon:"

Stroth posted:

Probably. The tarot speck they pulled for the other new character’s arcana replaces the Lovers with Dos Caminos, the two roads. Pretty easy to build that theme from what we’ve seen of her.
That makes sense, though.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Lord_Magmar posted:

Probably. The tarot deck they pulled for the other new character’s arcana replaces the Lovers with Dos Caminos, the two roads. Pretty easy to build that theme from what we’ve seen of her.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the same promo materials that showed human Morgana also showed Wakaba alive and well

we’re probably looking at a lotus eater situation where everyone’s getting happy wish fulfillment dreams, because absolutely no one wants Morgana to look like that other than Morgana himself

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Wakaba alive
Morgana human
Akechi redeemed

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It'll be watching Akechi eating home made pancakes by Shido while getting a pat on the head for how wonderful of a son he is that will finally break the suspension of disbelief and allow Joker to escape the Spiral Death Machine or whatever the gently caress it was called.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ryuji's leg didn't get hosed up and he's a track star
Ann and Shiho live in a nice cottage overlooking a lake
Yusuke has all the lobsters he'll ever need
Makoto's parents are alive and also Sae isn't an rear end in a top hat
Futaba has her family together and also all the bitcoins in the world
Haru sits atop a throne of bodies
Akechi savors a pancake while wearing his sweater vest
Morgana is a human and people like him
Maaku's parents love him

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mishima scores

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hwurmp posted:

Mishima scores

Let's not go to far.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

Haru sits atop a throne of bodies

Haru would only be satisfied if she could take Khorne's throne of skulls for herself.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Hunt11 posted:

Haru would only be satisfied if she could take Khorne's throne of skulls for herself.

Why would Haru steal her own throne?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Haru defeats the Phantom Thieves, calls it a 'Fine attempt' and snaps her fingers, wiping out everyone's memories and starting a new round with a new Wildcard and Fool to play with this time.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've never understood why they decided to make up arcana instead of giving the new characters minor arcana instead. cups/pentacle/sword/wand would be fine, it's not like they're going to add more than 4 extra links anyway.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Grapplejack posted:

I've never understood why they decided to make up arcana instead of giving the new characters minor arcana instead. cups/pentacle/sword/wand would be fine, it's not like they're going to add more than 4 extra links anyway.

Because very few people who aren’t already into Tarot even recognise those as a thing that matters. Also the alternate names are much cooler sounding, also important is that they aren’t making up Arcana they’re using one of the non-traditional decks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth_tarot_deck

Aeon Arcana is interesting and different, 5 of swords is kind of plain and boring.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 8, 2019

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Stroth posted:

Probably. The tarot deck they pulled for the other new character’s arcana replaces the Lovers with Dos Caminos, the two roads. Pretty easy to build that theme from what we’ve seen of her.

I don't recall seeing Dos Caminos in the Thoth deck. Is that where you got it from?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't recall seeing Dos Caminos in the Thoth deck. Is that where you got it from?

Royal's new Confidants arcana, or at least the one that already has an announced arcana, come from El Gran Tarot Esoterico.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Stroth posted:

Royal's new Confidants arcana, or at least the one that already has an announced arcana, come from El Gran Tarot Esoterico.

Never heard of El Gran Tarot Esoterico. What else is different between that deck and the 2 tarot decks Persona fans are familiar with?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum X: Two-Timing In Paradise

Not much to go over today, but we’re over halfway done and most of our Confidants (at least the ones we didn’t just get) are maxed or soon to be maxed. The last two months or so of this second run are gonna suuuuuuuuuuck for me, because I’m straight-up gonna run out of poo poo to do.

It’s so easy to forget that the game doesn’t give you back all 12 of your Persona slots until the end of loving August. The other games didn’t do this! Why put it back in this one?!

This isn’t an important scene, but I captured this bit anyway, because lmao

Still not making much headway with the twins, I’m afraid.

Anyway, the rest of this will deal with some Hawaii scenes we never saw.

We’re all the way in Hawaii, so I’d like to go to the beach, just the two of us.

I’m exhausted… I could really use some de-stressing right now. Do you want to meet at the beach? So no one sees us…

We’re going to meet in public, in a crowded place, so no one sees us? Not following your logic here, Kawakami. If you’re sure no one will notice us, that’s one thing, but even still it’s pretty risky.

Ann and Kawakami’s scenes are only available if you romanced them and maxed their Confidants before this point. Makoto, Hifumi, and Ryuji are available whenever. I tried to get Hifumi maxed out before this to see if it changed anything about her scene, but due to the Mementos block we ran into earlier it turns out to be literally loving impossible. Though the Makoto scene doesn’t change at all, so I don’t see why Hifumi’s would either.

Anyway, let’s accept Ann’s invite first.

Don’t forget your swimsuit!
We’re meeting at the beach. I should hurry and change into my swimsuit…

Music: Break it Down (Elp Version)

It seems like Ann has been waiting for me here…

But… I’m glad to hear you say that, so I guess I can let you off the hook. Hey, let’s go for a walk.

I’ve heard it’s super delish! Come on, we should try it!

We gazed out over the ocean while we enjoyed the delicate flavors of a foreign country…

Huh? Oh yes, we are.
How ‘bout them Phantom Thieves, huh? The guys that steal hearts!

Heard about it on the news! They’re all the rage in Japan, yeah?
This is incredible!
Say, if y’run into ‘em, tell ‘em I say hello. And ask ‘em to change people’s hearts so everyone loves shrimp!
Well, I don’t think that’s really how it works… Let’s go.
We spent time on the beach until the sun began to sink below the horizon…

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

I told Shiho I wasn’t into this cheesy dating stuff… But now that I’ve actually tried it out… it’s really not that bad. I guess it’s because I have someone special to do it with. ...Thanks.

It’ll help you remember how special today was.

It’s a pair of dolls holding hands… One kind of reminds me of Ann, while the other looks like me…

The Menehune Dolls accessory gives +5 to Strength and Endurance.

Hey, let’s come back to Hawaii sometime. I mean… by ourselves.

I’m pretty sure the voice file for this “Yes!” is reused from somewhere else in the game and it bugs the poo poo out of me.

Anyway, it’s starting to get dark… Should we head back?

...OK.
The two of us basked in the stunning Hawaiian sunset. Just me and Ann…

All right, let’s get this over with.

Wear your bathing suit. We’ll need to blend in with our surroundings.
We’re meeting at the beach. I should hurry and change into my swimsuit…

I kind of assumed we were smarter than sneaking away to canoodle on a school trip, but then I remembered what game I was playing.

Music: Break it Down (Elp Version)

It seems like Kawakami has been waiting for me here…

What are you looking at?

Let’s take a walk.

Look! Garlic shrimp!

Tasting the local delicacies is an absolute must on vacation, don’t you think?

God, absent all the other upsetting things going on right now, it’s legitimately really freaking me out to see Kawakami happily squealing like a schoolgirl here. She’s just so sullen usually, it’s really surreal.

Why does drinking on the beach have to be prohibited in Hawaii?

Now, I’ve never been drunk because I’m lame, but I can’t imagine it would be fun for Maaku here to just sit by while Kawakami imbibes alone, anyway.

We gazed out over the ocean while we enjoyed the delicate flavors of a foreign country…

Yes, we are.
How ‘bout them Phantom Thieves, huh? The guys that steal hearts!
Wow, you’re very well-informed.
Heard about it on the news! They’re all the rage in Japan, yeah?
(whispering to Maaku) You’re quite the celebrity.
Say, if y’run into ‘em, tell ‘em I say hello. And ask ‘em to change people’s hearts so everyone loves shrimp!

OK, I’ll let them know.
By the way, you two honeymoonin’ here?

C’mon, let’s go.
We spent time on the beach until the sun began to sink below the horizon…

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

I was having so much fun… I hope no one saw us. Although, I wouldn’t back down if someone actually confronted us about it.

Uhhhh, that’s a real bad idea, Sadayo. Don’t go to prison.

To tell you the truth, I’m worried that you’re lonely… because of the position I’m in… If that’s true, then… I’m sorry.

Anyway, this is my first time here. Hawaii’s really nice, isn’t it? Let’s come back sometime, just the two of us.

Uhhhhhhhhhh

It’s a ring engraved with our initials… Something about the faint gleam reminds me of Kawakami…

The Hawaiian Ring boosts Magic and Luck by 5 each.

...Just kidding. It’s to commemorate today.

*shakes head*
It’s gonna get dark soon… We should head back.

If you say so, Master.
The two of us basked in the stunning Hawaiian sunset. Just me and Kawakami…

For someone who’s been getting blackmailed for years, Kawakami’s really not that careful, is she? Well, whatever. God, I’m really running thin on material for these.

Arist fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 9, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Kawakami's absolute incompetence at this would be almost charming if it wasn't for the situation she's incompetent about being so creepy.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I can't tell what this is trying to be. It almost seems like it's sincere, but then there's these completely deadpan moments where Kawakami goes "wow, this is hosed up, huh?" and then it's right back to normal.

It's charming to see Kawakami relax - authority figures like teachers are rarely depicted outside their professional lives and it's interesting to see her unfiltered. Her confidant was all about how her position as a teacher - as that role expects her to be - conflicted with her personal life, and you still see where those two clash in this scene. If it stopped there, as a platonic scene, then it would be a nice bit of mundane to break up the batshit insanity of her confidant.

It does not. This is a scene in the context of her dating a student, which is obviously unacceptable. I could even go "ugh :japan:" if they dated after he moved out of her professional influence, but she just jumps right into it. She escapes one blackmail situation, only to immediately put herself at risk of another one? Amazing! :psyduck:

You're giving just the right amount of presentation for the material that's already there, really. All you've got to do is call it out for what it is.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFs1Re6e7p0

It's worth listening to her date video, I think. Kawakami's VA is really, really good. I think she does a lot to make the relationship less weird and her being all perky during the Hawaii scene is fun.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I hope they add more stuff to Hawaii in PersonaR.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have to go back through all of September because one of my recordings didn't save audio and I forgot to rotate saves! :suicide:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Aw man, sucks. Moments like that really make you wish there was a dedicated skip button in these games. Alas.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
That's Hawaii and Haru, right?
That's a lot of cutscenes.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

https://youtu.be/WnwQ_aKGXBE

New trailer.

We learn what the creepy skull potatoes do, the new girl’s arcana (Faith), see more grappling hook action and more.

Most importantly, guns are actually useful now because your imaginary ammo replenishes after battle!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wouldn't that make Down Shot hilariously broken?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was already incredibly broken, as were the other Tower skills. Makes me think they're gonna nerf the poo poo outta them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Honestly the only gun skill I ever used was the knockdown one and that was for dealing with treasure demons

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oda Special increases your crit rate with guns to a ludicrous degree. You don't even need to use Down Shot any more once you get it because you can knock down every enemy with 1-2 bullets each.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just skipped through September again so I could get the videos I needed... and then I checked my original recording file (not the export) and it was fine! I didn't need to do any of it in the first place! Whoops!

e: wait, never mind, something seems to be wrong with the source file, whatever

Arist fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Geostomp posted:

https://youtu.be/WnwQ_aKGXBE

New trailer.

We learn what the creepy skull potatoes do, the new girl’s arcana (Faith), see more grappling hook action and more.

Most importantly, guns are actually useful now because your imaginary ammo replenishes after battle!

I looked really closely, but I didn't see anything related to the arcana.