Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also this
Looks super dead.

Nah, he'll be fine by the next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
An important lesson not to throw your enemies off cliffs. Because you cannot be sure they are dead, and what a pain in the rear end to go down and check.

I also assumed Diavolo killed Passione's old boss, took over, and is in the process of running it into the ground. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to establish a gang when you kill anyone who vaguely looks into who their dealing with, not to mention every order is some sorta rube goldberg machine assembly.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 12, 2019

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Drunk Theory posted:

An important lesson not to throw your enemies off cliffs. Because you cannot be sure they are dead, and what a pain I'm the rear end to go down and check.

I also assumed Diavolo killed Passione's old boss, took over, and is in the process of running it into the ground. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to establish a gang when you kill anyone who vaguely looks into who their dealing with, not to mention every order is some sorta rube goldberg machine assembly.

You know, this does kind of explain why the gangster Giorno helps and the others involved with him is a normal human man with no Stand. I know some people like Pericolo aren't Stand users anyway, but the gangsters in that flashback seem way more old fashioned. It also explains the sudden jump in drug sales/drug related deaths that Polnareff was looking into, since that would be some time after Diavolo starts getting involved with the drug trade.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Drunk Theory posted:

An important lesson not to throw your enemies off cliffs. Because you cannot be sure they are dead, and what a pain in the rear end to go down and check.

I assume The Boss has always been a series of extremely paranoid people killing each-other and taking the organization over

Diavolo is just the latest, except he was dumb enough to get caught

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Drunk Theory posted:

That's why you pay someone to go down there to check and finish him off if he isn't.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

David D. Davidson posted:

That's why you pay someone to go down there to check and finish him off if he isn't.

Yah, but then that person has seen/dealt with you and you need to finish them off. And then the whole thing repeats.

Man being a mafia boss is tricky.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The arrow flashback has Diavolo sitting over the corpses of a bunch of gangsters so I would assume that is when he took over.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I fell asleep while jo jo was on and it seeped into my subconscious and gave me hosed up dreams.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

I fell asleep while jo jo was on and it seeped into my subconscious and gave me hosed up dreams.

Did you wake up with words carved into your arm? They could be important.

Also there should be a video cutting back and forth from Kakyoin's "BABY STAND" wound and the baby stands we've seen (Death 13, the invisible baby, Babyface).

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JoJo Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3G8__m6sg

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Droogs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Since non-stand users can't see Silver Chariot, Polnareff could do an eternal wheelie and everyone would be super impressed.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i am very hype for todays episode

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What's the opposite of hype

I'm that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Arist posted:

What's the opposite of hype

Kakyoin

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Augus posted:

Kakyoin

Why does everyone hate Kakyoin? :smith:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

OP disruption is cool if slight

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I feel like it went on a bit too long.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ugh, Crunchyroll is broken for me and I can't get my fix :(

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I can't believe Polnareff killed best turtle.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I did not expect the OP fuckery this soon, sasuga David.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So it's not a stand getting cut by the arrow, but holding it that makes it go Requiem? That explains why Gold Experience didn't change when it got cut in the Black Sabbath fight. Or maybe it's only this arrow that can cause it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thinks its pierce then hold to maintain? Its not too clear in the manga either

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Having seen both I kind of get the impression that because the Black Sabbath arrow was fused with the Stand (it broke when Polpo died in the manga, after all), Gold Experience couldn't take it away, so it didn't change.

Although the need to hold the arrow could just as easily be a thing specific to Silver Chariot Requiem soooooooooo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love mista in trish's body, just spitting and jamming the gun in his skirt like a grosso

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Well, this is rare, but I gotta say...
I didn't like the episode. The body change fuckery was mostly awkward, and felt like some garbage anime. Over the top shouting, pervy things... Reminded me of Alessi with his weird bullshit.
I think also it felt kinda empty. Not much happened, and after the body change, Polnareff just stated the obviouls to the team. Diavolo being two men, and arrow and stand making better stand is something we saw already. The explanation of how arrow interacts was given, but it was also not quite clear.
I hope Bucciaratti can somehow survive by being in Diavolo's body, but eh. Really not feeling it'll happen, which just makes me sad. Now, I will say, a bad Jojo episode is still entertaining and cool, and there were legitemately great moments. Turtle being the obvious one, with others being all Mista. Him waking up and checking how Giorno is right away was cute, and the reveal that he legit shoves a pistol into his dick was loving hilarious. Considering his track record, rip mista's dick, surprised it survived that long.

Also is Trish gonna loving do anything?! People joke about Fugo, but at least dude had a reason to leave. She just hangs out not doing much even though she had a stand for, what, 10 episodes?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Vookatos posted:

Well, this is rare, but I gotta say...
I didn't like the episode. The body change fuckery was mostly awkward, and felt like some garbage anime. Over the top shouting, pervy things... Reminded me of Alessi with his weird bullshit.
I think also it felt kinda empty. Not much happened, and after the body change, Polnareff just stated the obviouls to the team. Diavolo being two men, and arrow and stand making better stand is something we saw already. The explanation of how arrow interacts was given, but it was also not quite clear.
I hope Bucciaratti can somehow survive by being in Diavolo's body, but eh. Really not feeling it'll happen, which just makes me sad. Now, I will say, a bad Jojo episode is still entertaining and cool, and there were legitemately great moments. Turtle being the obvious one, with others being all Mista. Him waking up and checking how Giorno is right away was cute, and the reveal that he legit shoves a pistol into his dick was loving hilarious. Considering his track record, rip mista's dick, surprised it survived that long.

Also is Trish gonna loving do anything?! People joke about Fugo, but at least dude had a reason to leave. She just hangs out not doing much even though she had a stand for, what, 10 episodes?

Well if that's how you feel about this one then buckle up because there's 5 more episodes to go. This one was pretty sensible in comparison.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

CJ posted:

Well if that's how you feel about this one then buckle up because there's 5 more episodes to go. This one was pretty sensible in comparison.

Well, maybe there's gonna be more action and less discussing panties. I mean, Bruno has to loving dissolve someday!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It’s probably bad that a dumb smile came over my face every time I heard Polnareff’s voice coming out of a turtle, considering the circumstances.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like the body-switching because the lowkey horror kinda works for me? a bird being inside a cop and having no idea how to control it's body anymore or a mother being in her child's body and she can't help her child is pretty horrifying and that's cool

i also like mista just going "drat your panties are too small what the hell"

this is from twitter so post the source so i can retweet it please

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

I like the body-switching because the lowkey horror kinda works for me? a bird being inside a cop and having no idea how to control it's body anymore or a mother being in her child's body and she can't help her child is pretty horrifying and that's cool

i also like mista just going "drat your panties are too small what the hell"

this is from twitter so post the source so i can retweet it please

It's the davidpro animation director that does all those handdrawn arts

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/1139573723726405633

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao i recognized the art, but i thought it was a funny edit someone made with his stuff

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. That was pretty funny/chilling. That's what Jojo does really good.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I guess the OP fuckery is only gonna get better from here. Can't wait.
Yeah the episode was mostly standing around and shouting but I feel it did a good job of communicating the feeling of confusion that's all around with what Chariot Requiem is doing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope next episode’s OP swaps all the character’s stands around

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Vookatos posted:

Everyone's too protective of her to let her fight most of the time. They still consider it their mission to protect her and that situation with BIG was extenuating circumstances.

Also, in all fairness, the explanation was more for the characters than the audience.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
RIP to coco jumbo, our silent protector

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i have some questions

1) was there any significance to the tempo of the OP changing? i know there was that thing in the middle that was cool as hell but either this means this is the last time we see this intro, which is entirely possible, but i was hoping it basically changed speed/cadence with the ending which would have been really cool although very difficult to pull off

2) so wait is the boss schizophrenic or is it actually two people somehow? i always assumed it was a split personality thing because that makes the most sense but i dont know what else it could possibly be. this might be revealed later, i guess

3) i straight up forgot why diavolo was trying to kill polnareff originally or what their conflict even was. he was trying to get an arrow and polnareff wouldnt give him one? i dont remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
So if Bucciarati is Diavolo, but Diavolo isn't Bucciarati...I hope Doppio, Diavolo, and Bucciarati did a three-man rotation so now Diavolo is Doppio and Doppio is Buccariati. :pwn: