Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

“That guy” is Scott Bakula, you philistine.

star trek thread, for discussing that star trek guy, is thattaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Peanut Butler posted:

star trek thread, for discussing that star trek guy, is thattaway

That’s not even Star Trek, you fake nerd girl!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Arivia posted:

That’s not even Star Trek, you fake nerd girl!

I got faith of the heart that it is!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if you learn new things youre admitting youre not perfect and therefore you are not as smart as me, a person who is perfect. you cant argue with that, idiot

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

cumshitter posted:

if you learn new things youre admitting youre not perfect and therefore you are not as smart as me, a person who is perfect. you cant argue with that, idiot

you stupid loving idiot, you buffoon, you absolute goddamn moron, you alone among us are perfect, so stop trying to be ironic or funny and say you're not because you are

i love you, you dumb motherfucker, you inspire me

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Sorry, I’m not a pedophile so I don’t really know much about Star Track.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Lots of white people in Japan hate seeing other foreigners.

it ruins the illusion that theyre themselves japanese

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Krankenstyle posted:

it ruins the illusion that theyre themselves japanese
It's funny because most of them also think Japanese people are a hivemind where literally everybody thinks the same way about every issue.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Phigs posted:

I've never seen anything that convinces me intelligence is even important beyond a binary sufficient/not-sufficient. Even if IQ was accurate and meaningful I don't see how say 10 IQ points would even matter once you're over a somewhat low threshold. The spread of raw, for the lack of a better term, processing power we have doesn't seem to vary anywhere near enough above a certain point to overcome things like attitudes, knowledge, practice, and biases and whatnot. Intelligence largely strikes me as just more meritocracy bullshit.

i tried making basically this argument at a random internet nazi once and they just started ranting about the jewish conspiracy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

It's funny because most of them also think Japanese people are a hivemind where literally everybody thinks the same way about every issue.

I wonder what they think when they see Japanese guys wearing b-ball gear and listening to rap.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wonder what they think when they see Japanese guys wearing b-ball gear and listening to rap.

it's fine, the point is they want to be the only white grifter in japan, much like twitter

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1138948972251373569

https://twitter.com/knoxnews/status/1138969257331580929

quote:

In September 2003, Fritts was one of six officers who opened fire at a suicidal man during a "suicide by cop" encounter, according to court records and Knoxville News Sentinel archives. The man was superficially wounded by one bullet, while the rest of the 28 rounds fired, including six by Fritts, missed the man.

quote:

In November, 2009, Fritts was off duty and working private security when he fired twice at a man trying to flee in a car from a Kroger parking lot in Farragut after shoplifting, according to court to a sheriff's office report and Knoxville News Sentinel archives. Fritts missed both times from close range, and the driver sped away, but was later arrested.

this dude sucks rear end

like literally other dudes put their rear end up on he mouth

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
my initial reaction is to be mad at a guy for trying to murder someone over groceries

but we all know the groceries weren't the reason

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

This is less of a sermon and more of a big rant where he is uncontrollably mad.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Peanut Butler posted:

I got faith of the heart that it is!
lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1139493965516943360

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wants to try and pull a Hitler on the stand.

The US justice system is an inhumane and maddening place and I dearly wish we could subject him to it.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

CuddleCryptid posted:

IQ is horseshit in adults, but it can be useful in kids, which is why all the tests are *designed to be done by kids*

Important thing to remember is that IQ is not a value for how much you know, it is a test of how well you learn. So if a child gets a lower score they might need to be given more assistance. The thing the IQ idiots always get wrong is that your ability to learn is irrelevant if you aren't learning anything. A man with a low IQ that reads philosophy books is more intelligent than a man with a high IQ that just argues with people online.

someone thats smart enough to know that books are fuckin stupid is smart as hell, actually

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

What is a post but a really short book?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alan Smithee posted:

this dude sucks rear end

like literally other dudes put their rear end up on he mouth
1/29 bullets fired hit a literally suicidal man trying to die

AMERICA'S FINEST :911:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They were blinded by the whiteness.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Farm Frenzy posted:

i tried making basically this argument at a random internet nazi once and they just started ranting about the jewish conspiracy

man don’t you miss samememe sometimes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Avirosb posted:

They were blinded by the whiteness.

there's a reason black dudes get shot while handcuffed and white perps murder 20 cops before getting put in a stretch limo

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Alan Smithee posted:

it's fine, the point is they want to be the only white grifter in japan, much like twitter

Isn't the strange other side of this, that toxic masculinity is so extremely awful in much of East Asia that even a generic western dweeb is a pretty good catch in regards to not treating you like crap, respecting career choices, and doing some degree of equal stuff at home? Like if you're a woman from over there?

Granted that falls right the gently caress apart if we're talking alt-right dweebs.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Grape posted:

Isn't the strange other side of this, that toxic masculinity is so extremely awful in much of East Asia that even a generic western dweeb is a pretty good catch in regards to not treating you like crap, respecting career choices, and doing some degree of equal stuff at home? Like if you're a woman from over there?

Granted that falls right the gently caress apart if we're talking alt-right dweebs.
The comic is satire. Japanese women are the same as women in any other country i.e. most don't give a gently caress if you're foreign or not and they can tell if you're a nerd trying to get laid for the first time.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Also a shitload of white guys come to Japan precisely because of the rampant misogyny.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bret weinstein's wife is a moron:

https://twitter.com/HeatherEHeying/status/1139248385821515776

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Good one HH

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

man don’t you miss samememe sometimes

hes a twitter reply guy pedant now lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Farm Frenzy posted:

hes a twitter reply guy pedant now lol

please, please link me lmao.

I had to leave that forum, never looked back. I can only take posting with open nazis and pedophiles for so long, even if all I did was tell them how worthless they all are

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

engaging in a hundred page Twitter argument over Galo Sengen

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*president thanks the tv on twitter*

wow this guy is a masterful troll and not a sundowning idiot in over his head!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

There is a weird psychological thing with foreigners living in Japan and an odd territoriality wrt other foreigners there. It's extremely weird, and it's not just with guys; my now-wife had it too while we were living there and couldn't explain it either, and it seems fairly common from conversations I've had with foreigners who lived or were living there.

None of us made a video about how other foreigners should stay away, though.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

univbee posted:

There is a weird psychological thing with foreigners living in Japan and an odd territoriality wrt other foreigners there. It's extremely weird, and it's not just with guys; my now-wife had it too while we were living there and couldn't explain it either, and it seems fairly common from conversations I've had with foreigners who lived or were living there.

there was the same thing when i was in korea. for me it was honestly because there are a high percentage of just plain weird people who are drawn to that kind of work and specifically moving overseas to do it.

i'd often start talking to a foreigner (a western person) and without anything substantive being discussed i'd just get a terrible vibe from them and find an excuse to leave

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Also a shitload of white guys come to Japan precisely because of the rampant misogyny.

I like the ones who go to China for the same, but fail to comprehend that unlike Japan, much of China's sexism culture has maybe more in common with southern Europe. Meaning it's sexist as crap, but culturally women are still tough as gently caress and take little to no poo poo. And will eat guys alive who are coming from northern Euro or north American derived background.
Like Japan culturally seems to be "guys macho, women frail", whereas China/Spain/Italy/Greece is more "guys super macho, women also macho".

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

there was the same thing when i was in korea. for me it was honestly because there are a high percentage of just plain weird people who are drawn to that kind of work and specifically moving overseas to do it.

i'd often start talking to a foreigner (a western person) and without anything substantive being discussed i'd just get a terrible vibe from them and find an excuse to leave

Yeah, could be a combination of that and the fact that you're fighting this sense of "well, they're the only foreign person you've seen in a while, you have to be friends with them." I wonder if someone based out of somewhere with a greater foreign presence like Tokyo would fare better.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Grape posted:

I like the ones who go to China for the same, but fail to comprehend that unlike Japan, much of China's sexism culture has maybe more in common with southern Europe. Meaning it's sexist as crap, but culturally women are still tough as gently caress and take little to no poo poo. And will eat guys alive who are coming from northern Euro or north American derived background.
Like Japan culturally seems to be "guys macho, women frail", whereas China/Spain/Italy/Greece is more "guys super macho, women also macho".

Lmao if you marry a Shanghai woman

Just get a findom its cheaper

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

univbee posted:

I've experienced this in Cyprus myself, not regarding westerners/white people (Cyprus itself being very ambiguously on that line, and there being Brits and Russians all over anyway). But when running into the very rare other American.
I dunno how to explain it so well either. It's I think some strange result of becoming used to being the Only X in your immediate surroundings, like that becomes part of your identity while there. And bumping into someone and popping that feeling just results in a very bizarre sensation that is offputting. Not hostility, just some kind of brain confusion maybe.

Clearly as you say these sort of dudes are on some other poo poo.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

Lmao if you marry a Shanghai woman

Just get a findom its cheaper

I married a Greek so lol. :sludgepal:

EDIT: ah forgot what findom means lol, that doesn't apply in my situation. But extreme penny pinching and active real life marketplace style bartering have entered my life on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Grape posted:

I dunno how to explain it so well either. It's I think some strange result of becoming used to being the Only X in your immediate surroundings, like that becomes part of your identity while there. And bumping into someone and popping that feeling just results in a very bizarre sensation that is offputting. Not hostility, just some kind of brain confusion maybe.

Yeah, the closest way I can describe the uncomfortable body sensation it gives is that it's probably what a cat feels when something encroaches on its turf and its tail gets super-puffy.