Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I haven't seen a single shiny. Hoping to go out tomorrow with my buddy.

I did get some Alolan Sandshrews from eggs (from Dubai) and now have a fancy Sandslash. Tons of Wailmers and Snorunt too.

Edit: What does hitting level 30 get me? Can I hold more than ten gift items at time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Edit: What does hitting level 30 get me? Can I hold more than ten gift items at time?

Ultra Ball x30, Max Potion x20, Max Revive x20, Razz Berry x20, Incense x3, Lucky Egg x3, Egg Incubator x3, Lure Module x3

Also, you unlock Max Revive.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I haven't seen a single shiny. Hoping to go out tomorrow with my buddy.

I did get some Alolan Sandshrews from eggs (from Dubai) and now have a fancy Sandslash. Tons of Wailmers and Snorunt too.

Every Pokemon you catch will have the same stats as every other person level 30+ will catch. 10 presents is always the max.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Third shiny drifloon. Hoping someone will lucky trade me a Machop shiny for it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
So, is it basically about racing to 30 before I should feel attachment to any of my pokemon? Reached 18 this week (started away about 13)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bell_ posted:

So, is it basically about racing to 30 before I should feel attachment to any of my pokemon? Reached 18 this week (started away about 13)

Yeah. Add your friend code here and to the sheet and add a bunch of people and you'll be at 30 within a week or two from all the friend xp

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Man, I'm lovin' this "event."

Got a shiny sandshrew, and before yesterday, I think I'd seen about 4 Piplups, tops, and after doing a little walkin' around yesterday and today I finally evolved an Empoleon.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well it looks like shiny rates are boosted across the board, after all. That's nice.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Beastyfella posted:

Well it looks like shiny rates are boosted across the board, after all. That's nice.

Could've fooled me!

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Apparently the shiny Abra and Clefairy yesterday at gofest was a fuckup and they shut them off after a few hours according to folks in the park today.

Amazing that Niantic is still too stupid to see an opportunity to just embrace it and not piss people off when they make a mistake. Any other f2p game would have been crucified by now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Shiny geodude, karp, and Psyduck today. Still hunting for my Seel, Sableye, and Horsea.

Did hatch a shiny Togepi before the event.

You know, Niantic could just release a new shiny every other week and not tell people. The first one who caught it would freak and then everyone would mass play for it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Vegastar posted:

Apparently the shiny Abra and Clefairy yesterday at gofest was a fuckup and they shut them off after a few hours according to folks in the park today.

Amazing that Niantic is still too stupid to see an opportunity to just embrace it and not piss people off when they make a mistake. Any other f2p game would have been crucified by now.

There was also an area where chimecho was a 100% chance to photobomb and gave 1k dust (1500 with star) so Niantic nerfed that

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Something I was curious about was answered on r/thesilphroad today: shiny Pokemon can and do run from Go Plus and Go-tcha attempts, but the journal doesn't show them as shiny. Video proof:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/c0gnpr/video_proof_of_pokemon_fleeing_from_go_plus_not/

So it's best to do your shiny hunting the normal way, and leave the auto-catch for times you can't look at your phone (driving, etc).

Vegastar posted:

I don't understand the decision-making behind this at all, but whatever. This wouldn't have ruined my day if I was at Go Fest.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Finally got the the Fossil stage of the Meltan quest - perfect timing! :smithicide:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

DizzyBum posted:

I don't understand the decision-making behind this at all, but whatever. This wouldn't have ruined my day if I was at Go Fest.

I'm going tomorrow but it seems like a lackluster event plus the weather is supposed to be lovely.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
8091 7626 6126

Is my trainer code. Trainer name is Frykka, but I'm trying to change it to BellSA like other mobile games.

I currently teach in a small town, but it has its share of Pokestops. I added myself top the spreadsheet but will add other folks.

One question, though: since there's no header is the date supposed to be the date our info was updated or something else?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Everything I do results in a network error right now (not at gofest), is this normal

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Game was down. Fixed now

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Me, Tuesday: yes, finally got 400 wailmer candy, time to evolve my 93%!

Me, yesterday: hell yeah a shiny wail...gently caress.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Me, Tuesday: yes, finally got 400 wailmer candy, time to evolve my 93%!

Me, yesterday: hell yeah a shiny wail...gently caress.

Well, at least Wailmer is spawning a lot more right now! :downs:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I found a shiny Horsea in the nest not far from my house now I have a big purple friend today was a p good day even if no shiny wailmer

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i've gotten three shinies the past two days:
-shiny wailmer yesterday at college (2nd one, now i can have a shiny wailmer and wailord in neighboring gyms :getin:)
-shiny snubull yesterday at home
-shiny horsea today at college

this is in addition to the shiny caterpie and shiny rattata i caught on the same day about two weeks ago. i dunno what the hell is up with this luck but i am ok with it. also holy lmao shiny granbull is ugly and sucks i shoulda just kept it a snubull.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TheMaestroso posted:

Finally got the the Fossil stage of the Meltan quest - perfect timing! :smithicide:

I've got two quests waiting on me to catch a Ditto. It's been 3-4 weeks and I haven't caught one.

Not a single shiny this week either.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I've had a pokemon sitting in a gym for 78 days straight now. Is there any way for me to get him out other than pray for someone else to visit that spot?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

I've had a pokemon sitting in a gym for 78 days straight now. Is there any way for me to get him out other than pray for someone else to visit that spot?

Nope. Someone's gotta boot them out. At least you can enjoy your guaranteed gold badge. :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It sucks that the 50 coin daily limit only applies to the day your Pokemon comes out. I had one at a stop for three days and got nothing because I had already got the limit that day.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
So, now that I have some goon friends, I've gotta ask: if I use a lucky egg, do all my friends also benefit from it while it's active?

It's probably too much to hope that they stack, but I'd like to help folks out where I can.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Bell_ posted:

So, now that I have some goon friends, I've gotta ask: if I use a lucky egg, do all my friends also benefit from it while it's active?

It's probably too much to hope that they stack, but I'd like to help folks out where I can.

Nope.

They need to drop their own.

I really wish we could make our own gift boxes. Like, cost 100 gold to make a 5-10 item box for friends. Here's a metal coat, 5 golden razzes, and 1 ultra ball!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just best friended two of you by mistake and I don’t know who. If you were one day away from best friends with War On Christmas then I’m sorry. I really don’t pay attention to this game and am a bad friend but it’s not on purpose 😭

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Anything to consider with my gifts when sending or can I just go nuts?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bell_ posted:

Anything to consider with my gifts when sending or can I just go nuts?

The only thing to really consider when it comes to gifting is on the receiving end; eggs from gifts hatch pokemon that are considered to "come from" the gifter's location, which can then be used to boost your "distance traded" stat.

Beyond that, not really. If you've got access to a lot of them go hog wild; if you're gifting sparingly then send gifts to people you haven't opened gifts from today to maximize the number of interactions you get.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Also, did our shiny buff get taken away as silently as it was given? I'm not having any luck today at all.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Went to the Grand Canyon in a weak cell area, came across a stop in the north where I saw this gal:

My girlfriend tried taking out the gym and they immediately berried back up. Imagine watching a gym for 232 days protecting it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ofaloaf posted:

Ask nicely in the thread with a location and hope a lurker who spoofs can help :v:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I just work under the assumption that any pokemon I leave in a remote location may never return.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Is adventure sync broken again

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Are the adventure sync rewards compatible with star pieces? Ie, if I pop one at 845 am Monday, will it give 100k instead of 50k?

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Also, did our shiny buff get taken away as silently as it was given? I'm not having any luck today at all.

Anecdotally, I'm not having any luck either.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

foutre posted:

Are the adventure sync rewards compatible with star pieces? Ie, if I pop one at 845 am Monday, will it give 100k instead of 50k?

Yes, but you need to time it well. Or you either miss it or do it too late.

foutre posted:

Anecdotally, I'm not having any luck either.

:same:

All the assholes peeps here going "oh hey, I just caught another 80 shinies today, welp just a normal day" and I'm here hitting every Horsea, Geodude, etc since yesterday with no luck. I'm not jealous at all, no sir.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Just caught a SuperShiny(tm) Mewtwo? Is this new? What is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Endless Trash posted:

Just caught a SuperShiny(tm) Mewtwo? Is this new? What is this?

Post a picture please. How/Where/What?

Guessing you mean Pokemon Let's Go?