Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Tai posted:

Stop levelling in seb. It’s a terrible zone unless you are at jugs with a high DPS group. Go to Chardok. It’s far superior.

Yeah going to try this out today when I log in. Never done chardok outside of royals so think it is due time. Really not liking seb exp after a second night leveling there slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah going to try this out today when I log in. Never done chardok outside of royals so think it is due time. Really not liking seb exp after a second night leveling there slowly.

I got decent exp at disco at 51 but I'm definitely going to try Chardok. What's the best place to bind near there for a melee?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

MrSargent posted:

I got decent exp at disco at 51 but I'm definitely going to try Chardok. What's the best place to bind near there for a melee?

I think you can be bound in that ruined city near the port-ins in dreadlands, otherwise overthere is slightly closer than FV but both are only a couple zones away.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Whenever I get into these things I wonder what will be the thing that finally breaks me and makes me want to move on to another game. Turns out this time around it’s doing a full clear of Plane of Air. To hell with that nonsense!

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
How is Venril Sathir's Remains handled on a TLP server? Only spawns in open world base zone?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nodelphi posted:

Whenever I get into these things I wonder what will be the thing that finally breaks me and makes me want to move on to another game. Turns out this time around it’s doing a full clear of Plane of Air. To hell with that nonsense!

A month or two of playing usually does it for me. Until a new progression server is released at least...

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah when Mangler came out my friends and I got to 50 in the first 4 or 5 days, then they joined a guild that starts raiding at like 11pm where I live, so if I want to do anything other than group content I have to essentially abandon them.

Problem is that that feels like a lot of effort so I'm barely logging in now :v:

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Tehran 1979 posted:

How is Venril Sathir's Remains handled on a TLP server? Only spawns in open world base zone?

Yes, and with the accelerated Venril Sathir spawn on all servers now, he only stays up for roughly 24 hours before VS repops and it despawns.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Hoohah posted:

Yes, and with the accelerated Venril Sathir spawn on all servers now, he only stays up for roughly 24 hours before VS repops and it despawns.

How sure are you about this? ZAM has logs of him spawning in /picks not just at pick creation but every 20 hours the pick is open.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

How accelerated are these spawns? Since the patch I've snagged Tormax/AoW on live like eighty billion times and now everyone who has a warrior alt on the server has a boc pretty much

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

There is a macro that was shared around Corinav time that would combine the fungi stick & jboots into a single button click to remove the snare. It had someone to do with turning on/off buff blocks for a particular spell ID I wanna say, during the macro.

Anyone have familiarity with this? Trying to recover it, never actually saved it apparently. Can't even remember the name of the dude in Unforeseen that shared the trick with me.

e: i remembered!

MrSargent posted:

Probably gonna be either inside FV on the DL zoneline, or inside OT on the Skyfire zoneline. Those are the two I’m aware of at least and have used in the past. Chardok exp is seriously where it is at though. Nonstop yellows at 52-54 when I was there at herbalist and bank one session.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 10, 2019

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Tehran 1979 posted:

How sure are you about this? ZAM has logs of him spawning in /picks not just at pick creation but every 20 hours the pick is open.

I'm not 100% but I remember having to wait in the main pick on my ranger. This was ages ago on Phinigel though, so it might have been modified since then.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

onesixtwo posted:

There is a macro that was shared around Corinav time that would combine the fungi stick & jboots into a single button click to remove the snare. It had someone to do with turning on/off buff blocks for a particular spell ID I wanna say, during the macro.

Anyone have familiarity with this? Trying to recover it, never actually saved it apparently. Can't even remember the name of the dude in Unforeseen that shared the trick with me.

I'm amazed there isn't more of this in the janky 20 year old code.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Tehran 1979 posted:

VSR spawns on pick opening. When I got my green stone thing I just brought a group of people to force a new pick open and killed him right away. Also he drops two stones, it's really easy to get

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Thanks, potential of VSR ending up like Wraith/Verina for chanter was a major decision on whether I'd make a druid.

Shrapnig posted:

I'm amazed there isn't more of this in the janky 20 year old code.

There is, there's also a way to block the snare of Torpor which makes it hilarious OP but I don't remember the way.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Tehran 1979 posted:

Thanks, potential of VSR ending up like Wraith/Verina for chanter was a major decision on whether I'd make a druid.

There is, there's also a way to block the snare of Torpor which makes it hilarious OP but I don't remember the way.

Dude for the love of god I need you to remember this! My shaman needs this trick.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
I swapped from my Necro to a Bard and left From the Beginning on Mangler and joined Midnight Rations as the raid times (PST) better fit my work schedule (Thanks, onesixtwo!). I have my 6 man box team up to level 58, pushing for 60 this weekend then will attempt to finish up 6 howling stones key quests by wasting my life camping the Chancellor at the Sarnak fort in LOIO, what a lovely camp that is right now. After that I will focus on VP key for my bard, getting all my my epic drops and camping up some rare items / continue raiding.

Having a ton of fun reliving all of the raid fights, doing dungeon runs, helping out guildies, doing my epic quests, etc. It's really enjoyable!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Coolnezzz posted:

I swapped from my Necro to a Bard and left From the Beginning on Mangler and joined Midnight Rations as the raid times (PST) better fit my work schedule (Thanks, onesixtwo!). I have my 6 man box team up to level 58, pushing for 60 this weekend then will attempt to finish up 6 howling stones key quests by wasting my life camping the Chancellor at the Sarnak fort in LOIO, what a lovely camp that is right now. After that I will focus on VP key for my bard, getting all my my epic drops and camping up some rare items / continue raiding.

Having a ton of fun reliving all of the raid fights, doing dungeon runs, helping out guildies, doing my epic quests, etc. It's really enjoyable!

Welcome to MR! My characters are Blaine/Wobbles (54mnk/shm) and I am constantly LFG.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

MrSargent posted:

Welcome to MR! My characters are Blaine/Wobbles (54mnk/shm) and I am constantly LFG.

Hah, I didn't know you were a goon, I definitely recognize Blaine, likely grouped at some point with my necro Kerberos. I'm on Deftone now. MR is a great guild so far!

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Playing as a Wizard. It's pretty rough finding groups and despite the hours Ive sunk in to this old dead game I'm still only 54. If you see Ozkin or any wizard LFG consider giving them a charity spot.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

I quadded my Wiz from like 34-60. Groups suck. Did a bunch of the 50s at raptors in TD but I think they changed them somehow and now it is more difficult/impossible?

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Seems HH is bringing out the cheaters. Had some guy, Yeowow from EoE on Phinny warp from zone in to Emperor Crush in CB. I ran by him at zone in and by the time I got to Emp his 6 box crew was in the hallway right outside his spawn point. Not much to do except petition and see if maybe he gets the ban hammer, here's to hoping.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lol why would anyone even bother warping to save a 30 second run in crushbone of all zones.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Aragosta posted:

Seems HH is bringing out the cheaters. Had some guy, Yeowow from EoE on Phinny warp from zone in to Emperor Crush in CB. I ran by him at zone in and by the time I got to Emp his 6 box crew was in the hallway right outside his spawn point. Not much to do except petition and see if maybe he gets the ban hammer, here's to hoping.

That's extremely old hat for him. He's the definition of unscrupulous and will ride the razorest's edge of the rules. He's been doing this for years. I wouldn't expect much to change, and wouldn't make anything of it with him. He's likely to hold a grudge and drop a few packs onto you if you get into it with him. Just make a report, and let it go. He'll slip up eventually, and then be back within a couple weeks with another character doing the same thing.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Aragosta posted:

shadowplay and sumbit recordings. But yeah, they usually just come back with new characters.

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
[quote="onesixtwo" post="495806577"]

This doesn't trigger the staff? Am I missing something?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Equality posted:

This doesn't trigger the staff? Am I missing something?

Probably should have corrected the original wording with my earlier edit, but the macro combination I was referring to is how the snare component of the fungi stick prevented you from using jboots / receiving sow until you manually removed Fungal Regrowth. This macro removes it for you by blocking it, uses jboots, and un-blocks fungal regrowth for the next fungi click.

If you have a fungi stick, you want this macro to replace your jboots button.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 23, 2019

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I end up manually clicking off fungi anyways because as a monk I usually have a kick/strike keyboard macro running and that tends to interfere with other macros. If they gave us extended targeting early surely they can give us autoskill as well. But then again there's probably some nutty technical reason they can't let you use it before 61.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
I'm thinking of starting up a 6 box on Mangler and I think there are a few goons who do it, so could use some advice.

Right now I'm thinking of SK / Enc / Clr / Wiz x 3, or x 3 mage. I know I would gain a lot more utility by doing something other than 3 of the same class but it just seems so much easier to box them with setting up a broadcast key to nuke, send pet, sit. Though I don't know what the DPS difference would be between half assed Wiz vs Mage + Pet.

I'm not extremely worried about late expansions group comp mattering, when group nameds start having legitimate abilities and poo poo all this goes out the window.

Do you guys who diversified your groups regret it or are glad to have?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Tehran 1979 posted:

I'm thinking of starting up a 6 box on Mangler and I think there are a few goons who do it, so could use some advice.

Right now I'm thinking of SK / Enc / Clr / Wiz x 3, or x 3 mage. I know I would gain a lot more utility by doing something other than 3 of the same class but it just seems so much easier to box them with setting up a broadcast key to nuke, send pet, sit. Though I don't know what the DPS difference would be between half assed Wiz vs Mage + Pet.

I'm not extremely worried about late expansions group comp mattering, when group nameds start having legitimate abilities and poo poo all this goes out the window.

Do you guys who diversified your groups regret it or are glad to have?

Wizards make great boxes. So do mages. I would recommend at least one wizard though regardless of whatever you decide on just for having your own porter.

You really can't make a wrong decision with this one. You can easily set up pet assist macros via hotkeynet to single button assist and everything.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I would consider swapping in a shaman for one wizard/mage. Slows to MT target and buffs alone are beautiful enough reason in my mind.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I could never have more than 2 boxes and not have a bard. selos is too good.

Monks are also really easy with auto follow + AHK.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Thanks for the advice.

Quick question since I know there's some UI people in the thread, I remember being able to change my default UI layout to a custom one before so that any new character I made immediately started out with all the chat filters, font filters, etc, already filled out since that stuff isn't actually transferred when doing a layout copy, but I can't figure out how I managed to do it. Any ideas?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Take the UI_yourname_servername.ini file and copy it and change the yourname_servername to match the character + server.

Etherealm
Aug 18, 2004

You can also copy the following files for your loot filters in Everquest\userdata\

LF_AG_name_server.ini
LF_AN_name_server.ini
LF_Nvr_name_server.ini
LF_Rnd_name_server.ini

To every other toon you want the same loot filters as whatever character you're copying them from.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hey, I'm thinking of selling a krono to twink a guy on Mangler but I usually only get to play in the early morning and when I ran to EC to look for stuff there was nobody there, is EC the right zone and is there a decent population of weird-hours people?

Drakkus
May 14, 2002

yum~

blatman posted:

Hey, I'm thinking of selling a krono to twink a guy on Mangler but I usually only get to play in the early morning and when I ran to EC to look for stuff there was nobody there, is EC the right zone and is there a decent population of weird-hours people?

EC Tunnel is still the place to buy, but it may be quiet during off-hours. Sometimes it can be easier to just watch http://tlpauctions.com/ and message people directly from listings there.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

blatman posted:

Make sure you are in the base pick of EC, there are people there at all hours of the day. Type /pick when in the zone to check. If you are level one it usually sticks you in overflow EC when you zone in.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Thanks dudes, now to buy a krono on Bristle so I can start my beautiful twinking adventure

edit: oh man I forgot how slow EC tunnel twinking is and someone else is trying to buy a fungi for more plat than I am

edit 2: if anyone is selling paladin gear lemme know, so far I have a fbss and a sarnak battle shield but nobody wants to sell me a fungi for 5k among other things that don't seem to be for sale at the moment

blatman fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Got my pally half-decently geared now (couple good weapons, fungi, fbss, the works!) anyone have any suggestions for leveling guilds on Mangler? I don't want to keep asking my dumb old-world questions in general because I forget everything