Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

davidbix posted:

He ran as a Republican and hid all of his Libertarian views during the election.

so he's a libertarian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Khan is a lovely billionaire who does things like donate to every politician running to try and buy influence so they can make more money. Even when that politician is someone as scummy as Trump.

That's bad and he should be held accountable for that general practice but especially for donating to Trump.

Practically that's different from people who give continued donations and aid to Trump or other evil politicians as a purposeful support of their policies and ambitions, and its a world away from the McMahons who have aided Trump for decades and are literally members of his Administration and running his campaign PACs.

STAC Goat has issued a correction as of 19:32 on Jun 12, 2019

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

Joshi wrestling always sounds so cool to me, but the fanbase kinda grosses me out, so i can never quite get into it. the Joshi match that AEW put on at Double or Nothing loving rocked, though.

if you've ever wanted to see some sick 80s Joshi wrestling, this match between Chigusa Nagoya and Dump Matsumoto (yes, Dump) is real good and an interesting peek into Joshi wrestling that spent seem dominated by softcore photobooks and otaku dudes. the crowd is almost entirely teenage girls, and it is LOUD.

the match itself is a hair v hair match between the biggest babyface in the business and the best makeup contouring in the business. warning: blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JvTSP7VorE

(a huge thanks to wrestlespania for introducing me to this match)

and a bonus video of Chigusa, this time including her tag team partner, Lionness Asuka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10Dv7rZEQc

Ignore Stardom and American Joshi fans and you'll probably be safe.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

speaking of joshi, riho, yuka and nayla rose are having a match at fyter fest

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I see Khan as less of an ally and more a 'a tool we can weaponize against the McMahons'

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ignore Stardom and American Joshi fans and you'll probably be safe.

Stardom has a bunch of cool wrestlers but they have some aggressively weird poo poo going on in their backroom. Putting 14 year olds in bikini shoots is extremely hosed up. Paying Kris Wolf less than $200/wk when she was one the driving international Stardom World subs and running cameras for a ton of their side content is one of many grievances I have with the promotion.

Gaijin Joshi fans tend to run the spectrum from intersectional feminists to registered sex offenders. The less lovely fans tend to be ignored because the bad ones will inevitably make an absolute mess of themselves. No one remembers the foreign fan that came to a show, followed all the rules. But the one hyper weirdo orthodox jew guy that censored all of his selfies with joshis will be talked about for the decade to come.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1139037739704365056?s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Meh, I'd rather see NJPW partner with an existing Joshi promotion or start their own. If you just opened a women's division in NJPW and did mixed cards they would never get enough time. A Joshi promotion as big as NJPW makes a lot more sense and is a better goal then NJPW adding a women's division so that it can languish and die like every other women's division in a major promotion.

Gumball Gumption has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Jun 13, 2019

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gumball Gumption posted:

Meh, I'd rather see NJPW partner with an existing Joshi promotion or start their own. If you just opened a women's division in NJPW and did mixed cards they would never get enough time. A Joshi promotion as big as NJPW makes a lot more sense and is a better goal then NJPW adding a women's division so that it can languish and die like every other women's division in a major promotion.

yeah i like the way that ddt does things with tjpw, they'll mix it up with bigger shows but operate as separate entities, and i think tjpw benefits from being able to be its own thing.

also this guy just does this from time to time to rile people up and raise his profile
https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1139169559569666049

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh yeah, I remember the last one. Like, the sentiment is good but the actual idea is dumb. I want a joshi promotion the size of NJPW. I'd love it. It is something that would be amazing. But just saying "NJPW needs to open a women's division and its shameful they have not" shows a real ignorance of the scene and would most likely be incredibly damaging to the scene. You'd probably end up with something like the US where women's wrestling barely exists and there are maybe 10 women in the industry making the big money.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

make aew all joshi with the occasional men's match but only if they feature jericho

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Like I said in the lovely idiots thread:

there are no women wrestlers complaining that they're locked out of NJPW money.

That said there are tons of matchups that NJPW could do that would be extremely on brand for them.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

Like I said in the lovely idiots thread:

there are no women wrestlers complaining that they're locked out of NJPW money.

That said there are tons of matchups that NJPW could do that would be extremely on brand for them.
I do think Allan was at least half-trolling, but I also find it amusing how many people completely ignored the actual tweet putting the pay/monetary concerns at the forefront.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/DanaWarriorWWE/status/1139201713427111937

dana warrior is the widow of notorious extreme homophobe the ultimate warrior and is a writer for wwe who is apparently working closely with lacey evans, the troop cop with a 1950s pinup dogwhistle gimmick who dresses her daughter up in blackface and has reportedly had locker room issues with gay fellow wrestlers in the past

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i'm glad vince killed warrior by booking him three days in a row

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

I do think Allan was at least half-trolling, but I also find it amusing how many people completely ignored the actual tweet putting the pay/monetary concerns at the forefront.

I agree the money for women just isn't there. It'd be cool if someone with Khan level money threw down on a women's only promotion but the other half of that is draws. Could a show headlined by Gail Kim or <insert your fave here> fill a 10000 seat arena?

I think the core of the problem is there isn't graduated levels of exposure for women like there are for men. Its either working 5 minute spots on some show no one remembers, going to japan, doing customs or training at the PC. And even in WWE/TNA/ROH/AEW they're immediately sidelined and only given time to shine for YAY! DIVERSITY! moments.

Another major change could be in the offing. If BUSHIROAD is really serious about getting into the joshi game, they have the money and the resources to put together big shows. I'd personally like to see them challenge the social mores within joshi. That is no more under 18 wrestlers. The idea of child fighting is more amusing than the reality of it. The other is the max age. I don't know if its a japan thing or joshi thing but the idea of retiring women early is silly and counterproductive. How do you build houses if you're always working with new faces?

Anyway, that's my dumb thoughts about a nonsense twet.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/crasspants/status/1139363008851767296?s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i was going to make the point in the AEW thread that kenny shouldn't be giving bigots a wider platform but then realized that the racist twitch streamer probably has more viewers than WWE

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i was going to make the point in the AEW thread that kenny shouldn't be giving bigots a wider platform but then realized that the racist twitch streamer probably has more viewers than WWE

nah, he got banned for repeatedly livestreaming videos of children peeing in bathrooms at E3

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

wait he's the pedophile AND the anti-chinese racist? jesus christ

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny Omega is the Bad Decision Machine.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

coconono posted:

I agree the money for women just isn't there. It'd be cool if someone with Khan level money threw down on a women's only promotion but the other half of that is draws. Could a show headlined by Gail Kim or <insert your fave here> fill a 10000 seat arena?

Awesome Kong kills 15 people as your main event would get 10,000

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait he's the pedophile AND the anti-chinese racist? jesus christ

sideshow-bob-rake.gif

the good news is that Kenny probably cant gently caress up the CEO event like he did last year when he hired a known convicted pedophile to work the opening match

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has issued a correction as of 18:25 on Jun 14, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm glad vince killed warrior by booking him three days in a row

let's be fair warrior was gonna drop dead of a heart attack at any time

he knew he was on borrowed time, hence why the promo had so many "peace out" undertones

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chokes McGee posted:

he knew he was on borrowed time, hence why the promo had so many "peace out" undertones

He looked like he was gonna die during the Orlando Jordan match in 2006. I strongly believe he stayed alive long enough to get one TV one last time.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Chokes McGee posted:

But it also sounded like an Ultimate Warrior promo.

Really, what was more interesting was that during his HOF speech, he was clearly considering blowing poo poo up at times.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Vince killed Warrior

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jackie D posted:

Vince killed Warrior

There go WWE fans trying to rehab the image some more.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

nah, he got banned for repeatedly livestreaming videos of children peeing in bathrooms at E3

wait what

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The actual story is that his dumbass went into the bathroom with his film crew following him FOUR TIMES and never once thought it was a bad or dumb idea to film in a PUBLIC BATHROOM where it is very illegal to do so.

Dr Disrespect got banned from both E3 and Twitch for it, but laughably not until he ended his stream for that day

I've never watched Dr Disrespect, but heard of him because of how much Twitch I watch and how frequently I browse livestreamfails and I had no idea about the chinese racism stuff so I doubt Kenny did either. The whole cheating on his wife thing was hard to avoid and it wasn't really much of a secret he is a massive prick both on and off camera

RealFoxy has issued a correction as of 05:14 on Jun 15, 2019

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

dr pissrespect doing an apology for cheating on his wife in full wig and getup remains one of the funniest things I can think of

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
There is a poetic justice of Ultimate Warrior returning to WWE for that HOF appearance after I guess 18 years or whatever, saying he'd rather die than do it, only to get himself so gassed up to appear like the Warrior one more time that doing a crazy-man promo on Raw killed him the following day.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Watching that new vice series. The Randy and Elizabeth episode glosses over a lot of what a shitter Randy was to her and it sucks

I'm gonna check out the von Erich and Montreal episodes at least, still

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the von erich episode is really good, so is the bruiser brody episode. the gino episode is pretty good but is made pointless by the two interviews in the last 5 minutes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yeah i just watched the von erich one and the screwjob one and those were both pretty good. screwjob one did a good job explaining that whole clusterfuck to people who arent in the bubble, i thought. it didnt bring much new to the table besides cornette claiming to have pitched it but i enjoyed it enough

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
bret clearly still relishing knocking vince on his rear end was the best part

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i watched every episode of the thing except the moolah one because for some reason i cant stomach watching it, here's my rankings

S-tier: von erichs
A tier: Gorgeous Gino, Bruiser Brody
B tier: Montreal
gently caress you this was dogshit: savage/elizabeth

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

watching the Von Erichs and Gino episodes back to back really gives the impression WCCW was more a drug ring than a wrestling company

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yeah it was a wrestling company in the 80s you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Heroes of World Class goes into pretty deep detail about the drug culture in WCCW if you're looking for a non-Vice or non-WWE documentary.