Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

More like Death Blanding

I guess, it's hard to make a joke about its name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Death Stranding more like Dearth of Interesting.

poo poo you’re right it is hard.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Too long in development? It was 3 years from conception to release.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

More like Blechh Standing

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Personally, I can't wait for "strand games" to be the next big thing everyone tries to emulate. In three years, even Fallout 77 will add a "strand mode".

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Lambert posted:

Personally, I can't wait for "strand games" to be the next big thing everyone tries to emulate. In three years, even Fallout 77 will add a "strand mode".
Look if Skate Stranding is what it takes for me to get a Skate 4 I'll take it, even if it's a hyped up garbage game from an overrated game developer that has been in development for far too long. A wannabe dime a dozen Japanese director wishing to make it big in the entertainment scene. I don't have the time nor patience for this over infatuated game. It's probably another MGS4 of cutscenes and 15 minutes of gameplay. No thanks

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Kojima is a God among men and I shall defend his honor until my spirit passes on.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

100.52 GB of cowboy to download :whitewater:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BisterdDave posted:

That whole post is gold

It was especially good because literally nobody had said anything about Death Stranding for ages

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Same poster is pasting it in cspam so its probably a funny reddit quote or something

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That post makes me think of

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BTW since Beanwood made a few big ol effort posts about Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and their anti-capitalist motifs I was idly thinking about it and it's interesting how they've been around since Armored Core 1 with it's capitalist hellscape. I won't mention those because I only have a lot of experience with 4 and For Answer but for a long time I thought most of ACFA was engrish as gently caress (and a lot is actually) but what it's actually doing is asking you, the player, what your answer to the current geopolitical and environmental climate and our impending future is. The Bad Ending is do nothing. The Good Ending is destruction of the status quo and communism. The other ending is to just kill all of the upper class (which would still solve the problem).

Froms good

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 14, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RBA Starblade posted:

BTW since Beanwood made a few big ol effort posts about Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and their anti-capitalist motifs I was idly thinking about it and it's interesting how they've been around since Armored Core 1 with it's capitalist hellscape. I won't mention those because I only have a lot of experience with 4 and For Answer but for a long time I thought most of ACFA was engrish as gently caress (and a lot is actually) but what it's actually doing is asking you, the player, what your answer to the current geopolitical and environmental climate and our impending future is. The Bad Ending is do nothing. The Good Ending is destruction of the status quo and communism. The other ending is to just kill all of the upper class (which would still solve the problem).

Froms good

:hai:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

why on earth wouldn't you use suspend? being able to stop at any moment and then jump back in later in only seconds is one of the best things about newer consoles

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don't go down this path thread!!!

;)

Morpheus posted:

I listened to a podcaster that said she can't put games in suspend mode before returning the characters in them to a 'safe' space. Like, can't leave Link outside in BotW during suspend, or he'll be in danger from the elements and monsters, so she has to return to his home and put him in bed before she suspends it. It's the craziest thing related to suspend/rest I've ever heard, and I've heard some of you talk about how its bad so you know it's wild.

That's some massive nurture right there

Bust Rodd posted:

Not using rest mode and power cycling it everytime you use the console is bad for the console. That’s why they invented rest mode.

Suspending a game is like pausing a YouTube video. You can’t hurt a game by pausing it.

Do you have a fully functional launch day pspoor?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Froms good

I feel like this is giving me an opening to talk to death about oldschool fromsoft plots including king's field and all the PSX/PS2 armored cores and their capitalist/authoritarian themes and I'm not sure anyone's ready for that floodgate to break open.

suffice to say that even as far back as AC1 where you literally blow up giant competing corporations and the AI system that sets them up in the first place, fromsoft has always had some pretty leftypol stuff going on

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I feel like this is giving me an opening to talk to death about oldschool fromsoft plots including king's field and all the PSX/PS2 armored cores and I'm not sure anyone's ready for that floodgate to break open.

suffice to say that even as far back as AC1 where you literally blow up giant competing corporations and the AI system that sets them up in the first place, fromsoft has always had some pretty leftypol stuff going on

You do that also in AC5! It's not that great of a game sadly but it goes directly off one of the good endings of For Answer (you can find the ruined cradles holding the upper classes/corporation higher ups) and visibly see the biome recovering and you kill and destroy the corporation that still managed to take control of the recovering planet and population.

I didn't buy Verdict Day but it's similar I'm p sure and the final boss is a MICd up version of White Glint, the player character in 4 and who guards the last real holdout against the corporate new world order in 4A.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

More like Death Blanding

I guess, it's hard to make a joke about its name

I tried to get "The Ghosts of Us" to catch on

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally starting Witcher 3. Back in several months!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m never going to get over the Siri character (yes I know it’s spelt with a C in the game)

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just got the Spyro 2 platinum! To anyone complaining that Spyro 1 was too easy, Spyro 2's challenges are definitely more, well, challenging. If you want to just rush through the game and do the bare minimum then yeah it's going to be super easy, but going for 100% had some slightly difficult parts that I had to retry multiple times. Can't wait to start the 3rd game!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

You do that also in AC5! It's not that great of a game sadly but it goes directly off one of the good endings of For Answer (you can find the ruined cradles holding the upper classes/corporation higher ups) and visibly see the biome recovering and you kill and destroy the corporation that still managed to take control of the recovering planet and population.

I didn't buy Verdict Day but it's similar I'm p sure and the final boss is a MICd up version of White Glint, the player character in 4 and who guards the last real holdout against the corporate new world order in 4A.

You can, but AC5 tweaks the themes a little bit but mainly just kinda falls flat because the plot in that game just short of doesn't exist. And to be honest, you do do something similar in every AC game, it's just how it decides to go about it and how it frames the resistance you encounter that shakes things up.

Hell, in AC2 you even get a jaded revolutionary who just can't get the poo poo he keeps doing to stick after capping a bunch of corps, and just decides to go 'gently caress this, gently caress you, don't @ me' on a planet wide scale.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Finished all the way through nier automata ending e last night

:wtc:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Digirat posted:

100.52 GB of cowboy to download :whitewater:

I was going to try out the free trial of The Division 2 until I saw that was over 90 gigs. I decided to replay Spider-Man instead.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I stalled out on the A2 segments of Nier Automata in early 2019 and now it feels too late to go back, even though I think I was about 80% through it. Maybe I should just YouTube the ending.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Finished all the way through nier automata ending e last night

:wtc:

Nice

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Been playing Borderlands 2 again lately, and did they recently add level scaling to normal difficulty? Because it's there now, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there a few days back.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Darth Walrus posted:

Been playing Borderlands 2 again lately, and did they recently add level scaling to normal difficulty? Because it's there now, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there a few days back.

That has literally always been a part of every Borderlands game. There are level caps for enemies for each playthrough, though. IIRC, for normal the cap is around level 31. Were you close to the end of your normal playthrough? When you start TVHM (NG+), the level cap is moved up, so enemy levels will start scaling with yours again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

...! posted:

That has literally always been a part of every Borderlands game. There are level caps for enemies for each playthrough, though. IIRC, for normal the cap is around level 31. Were you close to the end of your normal playthrough? When you start TVHM (NG+), the level cap is moved up, so enemy levels will start scaling with yours again.

I was at mid-game with both Maya and Krieg, and until recently, the enemies really hadn't been keeping up with me, but now they very much are. I went from fighting Level 6 enemies in Three Horns to Level 19 through the simple expedient of coming back to the game after a few days.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
death stranding more like beth shandling

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Darth Walrus posted:

i don't think so

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

a.lo posted:

I don't care about Death Stranding. A hyped up garbage game from an overrated game developer that has been in development for far too long. A wannabe dime a dozen Japanese director wishing to make it big in the entertainment scene. I don't have the time nor patience for this over infatuated game. It's probably another MGS4 of cutscenes and 15 minutes of gameplay. No thanks

I'm having trouble describing the mental image I'm getting of the person who would post this, but it's making me laugh hard.

It's somewhere in the realm of this guy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E62iA6KCIQ

Seedge posted:

You aren't even a third of the way through the game if you haven't unlocked the second map.

Good god it's a lot longer than I thought then. I'm still having fun with it so :hellyeah: I guess.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I'm having trouble describing the mental image I'm getting of the person who would post this, but it's making me laugh hard.

It's somewhere in the realm of this guy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E62iA6KCIQ

What the hell hahahaha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I feel like this is giving me an opening to talk to death about oldschool fromsoft plots including king's field and all the PSX/PS2 armored cores and their capitalist/authoritarian themes and I'm not sure anyone's ready for that floodgate to break open.

I'm so loving ready for that floodgate to open. :black101:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

I stalled out on the A2 segments of Nier Automata in early 2019 and now it feels too late to go back, even though I think I was about 80% through it. Maybe I should just YouTube the ending.

I really think it’s one of those things where you have to play it yourself for the full impact and complete experience.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Didn't Yarnham have universal healthcare in the form of blood ministration

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Inspector Hound posted:

Didn't Yarnham have universal healthcare in the form of blood ministration

and free in-home elder care, apparently

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mensis nightmare was the Victorian equivalent of public internet access

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

New ideas, of a higher plane! Plant eyes on our brains, so we might learn to get a STEM degree at Mensis University

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The economy of the future is an economy of blood, and if you want to thrive in that economy, you better learn to Hunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Inspector Hound posted:

Mensis nightmare was the Victorian equivalent of public internet access

Read this as "pubic Internet access" and it still made sense