Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I'd also really like to hear Donald say all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxza96txkcA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Goddamn

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

X-O posted:

I say this as someone that has seen every Donald Duck cartoon and read hundreds of Donald and Scrooge comics. Donald Duck on no planet would ever say something like the first panel.

Not even if he talked in his Don Cheadle voice?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

X-O posted:

I say this as someone that has seen every Donald Duck cartoon and read hundreds of Donald and Scrooge comics. Donald Duck on no planet would ever say something like the first panel.

90% of the hilarity of Kingdom Hearts comes from watching Disney characters do overwrought JRPG things. I'm all for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

Tbh the fan translation is actually the better choice there

That has never been true in the history of time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Donald Duck should never speak.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
The only good part of Kingdom Hearts was when Goofy fuckin' died for real.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

X-O posted:

You pure soul you truly have not ever had to see kingdom hearts...I envy you.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I did not know until now that I needed Donald to read the works of Slavoj Žižek.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

prefect posted:

Donald Duck should never speak.

Woah, hey, don't poo poo on the poor guy. If all the other Disney ducks are any indication, he's just got a horrible speech impediment. He can't help it.

(Also, as someone with a small child who watches the Disney channel constantly.. I have to agree.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

New Leaf posted:

Woah, hey, don't poo poo on the poor guy. If all the other Disney ducks are any indication, he's just got a horrible speech impediment. He can't help it.

(Also, as someone with a small child who watches the Disney channel constantly.. I have to agree.)

Donald Duck speaking is fine as long as everything around it is written in such a way that you don't need to understand what he's saying.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Donald Duck is quite articulate in comics. And in kingdom hearts he's a wizard from a castle at the nexus of reality or some poo poo? It's like Amber but with disney movies.

The fan translation is not perfect, but the professional translation seems to be assuming a weirdly low reading level for its audience.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Doc Hawkins posted:

Donald Duck is quite articulate in comics. And in kingdom hearts he's a wizard from a castle at the nexus of reality or some poo poo? It's like Amber but with disney movies.

The fan translation is not perfect, but the professional translation seems to be assuming a weirdly low reading level for its audience.

It's a series starring Donald Duck and George G Geef. Of course it's for babies

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Oh man Geefy is in those games too? I love him! He's my favorite Disney character after Chap and Doyle.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I think I waited long enough to post this, but SPOILERS from Immortal Hulk 19.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Exit Strategy posted:

The only good part of Kingdom Hearts was when Goofy fuckin' died for real.

What about when Donald died after casting the most powerful spell in Final Fantasy history in Kingdom Hearts 3?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I think I waited long enough to post this, but SPOILERS from Immortal Hulk 19.

I'd love some context on that..

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

New Leaf posted:

I'd love some context on that..

Immortal Hulk deals with the fact that the Gamma Irradiated characters just can't die. Like hulk, they always come back. Betty was shot by Bushwhacker and reverted to her old Harpy form, but Red cuz of Red She Hulk. She spent the issue graphically offing mercs and ruminating on violence, and her relationship with Bruce. When she finally gets to Bruce, his limbs and eyes had been destroyed by the weird hand face Abomination's (Rick Jones) acid. As he was begging for help, she instead ripped out his heart and ate it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

good day for a bris posted:

Immortal Hulk deals with the fact that the Gamma Irradiated characters just can't die. Like hulk, they always come back. Betty was shot by Bushwhacker and reverted to her old Harpy form, but Red cuz of Red She Hulk. She spent the issue graphically offing mercs and ruminating on violence, and her relationship with Bruce. When she finally gets to Bruce, his limbs and eyes had been destroyed by the weird hand face Abomination's (Rick Jones) acid. As he was begging for help, she instead ripped out his heart and ate it.

The non-spoilery version - read Immortal Hulk. It is like nothing else being published by Marvel. It is transcendentally weird and spooky and unsettling. And it's also really, really good.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That's.. wild. Jesus. Thanks for the info.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The non-spoilery version - read Immortal Hulk. It is like nothing else being published by Marvel. It is transcendentally weird and spooky and unsettling. And it's also really, really good.

I'm not actively reading comics right now other than random trades but I'll keep it on my radar. I mostly just like to peek at threads like this and see what they're up to.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It is one of those situations where the story would preclude those characters from being used in any way similar to how they had been ever again if it's not immediately ignored once it's done. Hulk as a horror comic is great, though, and I'm not sure I'd want anyone just trying to keep it going in the same path after Ewing finishes his story.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Random Stranger posted:

It is one of those situations where the story would preclude those characters from being used in any way similar to how they had been ever again if it's not immediately ignored once it's done. Hulk as a horror comic is great, though, and I'm not sure I'd want anyone just trying to keep it going in the same path after Ewing finishes his story.

I know i dont

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I trust this principle is also why Doc Samson is (as far as I know) alive?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

Doc Samson is (as far as I know) alive?

heheh

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

ManiacClown posted:

I trust this principle is also why Doc Samson is (as far as I know) alive?

Yup.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That would also create a bigger ecological disaster bigger than if they just let them continue working.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You loving tell that factory worker Surfer!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

For a being with cosmic power he sure cant see the bigger picture

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hell the most badass thing there is the dude looking up at 2 flying men (one of whom has invaded Manhattan numerous times and the other who is a known associate of Galactus) and having the balls to just go "gently caress off you don't pay my bills"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Meanwhile Reed is like "oil? oh yes i made an alternative to that 20 years ago,around the time i learned the secrets of immortality and curing cancer."

*proceeds to not tell anyone the secrets*

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://www.theonion.com/scientists-politely-remind-world-that-clean-energy-tech-1819576507

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Meanwhile Reed is like "oil? oh yes i made an alternative to that 20 years ago,around the time i learned the secrets of immortality and curing cancer."

*proceeds to not tell anyone the secrets*

"....wait, are people still using oil? Did I forget to tell anyone about the... hmm... I must have had a reason... no, hang on, I need to think about this a bit. I'll tell you later, go away. Now, carry the three...."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i can't even remember the name of the series where odin dies, thor becomes all-father, and eventually takes over earth, but i do remember Valkyrie waving her sword in front of a bulldozer, crying that Earth's precious forests shall be Despoiled No More

when the workers explain they need to work to live, she gives them bulging sacks of gold coins

also thor brings back lobsters. there's a whole issue about lobsters okay its not really about them

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

"....wait, are people still using oil? Did I forget to tell anyone about the... hmm... I must have had a reason... no, hang on, I need to think about this a bit. I'll tell you later, go away. Now, carry the three...."

"I wrote it on a napkin at starks chateau...or was it a post it note....anyway,divide it by two and..."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

TwoPair posted:

Hell the most badass thing there is the dude looking up at 2 flying men (one of whom has invaded Manhattan numerous times and the other who is a known associate of Galactus) and having the balls to just go "gently caress off you don't pay my bills"

Yeah, that dude is definitely the most badass thing in those panels.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Agreed. Always hated the stories when the superpowered people would pull that poo poo. "Stop doing thing! No, we're not going to offer any alternatives; that's your problem!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's why Miracleman is so great.

"Yeah so we've ended all scarcity and can use teleportation to bring anything anywhere instantly, so now there's no more money. Thanks."

No moralizing or threats, just ending human hunger forever nbd.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Agreed. Always hated the stories when the superpowered people would pull that poo poo. "Stop doing thing! No, we're not going to offer any alternatives; that's your problem!"

Who would guess that Superman taking a walk would be such a disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Who would guess that Superman taking a walk would be such a disaster

Lex Luthor