Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

So the production of the new Slough Feg does sound a lot better in properly released form https://thelordweirdsloughfeg.bandcamp.com/album/new-organon

e: that Sadistic Ritual album freaking RIPS

Smirr fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Smirr posted:

e: that Sadistic Ritual album freaking RIPS

Best so far this year to my ears.

Thrash is best genre. :colbert:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Lots of drops today other than Slough Feg

Dwarrowdelf who just released a good album have released another one of him covering his own atmoblack songs as dungeon synth
Beheaded, brutal death
Domgard. black metal
Ravensire, trad
Temple of Void/Revel in Flesh split, one song each. Temple of Void are death doom and Revel in Flesh are straight up dm
Ingested, brutal deathcore
Thank You Scientist's new album is up on non-bandcamp sources, good jazzy prog rock/metal
Winterwolf, dm. Not fully out yet
We all know the new Skelator is out
Lunar Shadow, trad. Not fully released yet
Baroness is up on non-bandcamp
Ripped to Shreds, dm

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 14, 2019

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Smirr posted:

So the production of the new Slough Feg does sound a lot better in properly released form https://thelordweirdsloughfeg.bandcamp.com/album/new-organon

I bought the CD at their show last week, it does indeed sound way better than that single that was floating around.

Pretty solid album. Not their best work but it's not terrible either. Kind of middle of the road.

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!
So I 'm a relative newcomer to the Power Metal scene, and having been exposed to Rhapsody of Fire pretty much when Legendary Years came out, I didn't listen to it with the nostalgia earphones everyone else was - and while in retrospect I understand why people are upset about it - as an objective newcomer, gently caress it - Giacomo Voli is ten times the vocalist Fabio Lione ever was. I prefer his versions of all the songs in Legendary Years over Fabio's.

But even if you set that aside - here's my current "go-to" song for Rhapsody of Fire. It's form the new album. It's loving superb. I can't imagine Fabio going to those heights, nor Turilli producing and writing something so simply unpretentious yet epic and beautiful.
What a time to be a power metal fan (albeit a 'new' one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJmK43EdXI

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
another new tomb mold song. album is out next month and i'm excited, they're one of my favs atm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibDv77P7YVk

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Dismember at mdf what’s up

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tomb Mold are fuckin' prolific, holy poo poo

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

deadking posted:

The new Diocletian track, to me, sounds good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYiDrXDmQM

I saw this pop-up on the mobile bandcamp app and was very excited to say the least.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

loving poo poo I might have to go next year, which does not bode well for the trip my wife wants to take that summer...

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I think Impurath on vocals makes them sound even more frantic and definitely fits with the breakneck speed of this new track. I'm very much looking forward to the new album.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Seeing Haunt in a few hours, it's cool to take a break from extreme shows and just see some local boys throw down some trad riffs.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

People called me dumb for calling it the minute they announced their reformation.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Dimebags Brain posted:

People called me dumb for calling it the minute they announced their reformation.

well they're dumb.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Dimebags Brain posted:

I actually started to think it wouldn't happen since I figured MDF would have been one of their very first stops for shows, but I'm very pleased by this announcement and my cynicism can go gently caress itself.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the hype is very real for this

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Tomb Mold are fuckin' prolific, holy poo poo
*emptyquote*

I just saw Outer Heaven, Misery Index and Nails. What a show, although the mosh was kinda weak tonight, many ninja people for Nails.. only got hit in the face a couple times, was still fun. I bought Misery Index's new album and played it on repeat for my near 2 hour drive home, it's really good, you all should give it a listen https://miseryindex.bandcamp.com/album/rituals-of-power

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Ambious posted:

So I 'm a relative newcomer to the Power Metal scene, and having been exposed to Rhapsody of Fire pretty much when Legendary Years came out, I didn't listen to it with the nostalgia earphones everyone else was - and while in retrospect I understand why people are upset about it - as an objective newcomer, gently caress it - Giacomo Voli is ten times the vocalist Fabio Lione ever was. I prefer his versions of all the songs in Legendary Years over Fabio's.

Wow... Never encountered anyone that likes the re-recorded compilation album, let alone someone that prefers it to the originals. Moonlight is the witness of the most tragic day for our lands indeed.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dehtraen posted:

Moonlight is the witness of the most tragic day for our lands indeed.

This is the most power metal way of saying "I'm not mad, son, I'm just disappointed."

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!
New Gloryhammer Lyrics Video.
I like this trend of "we can't afford a full on music video but we'll put something out just to make sure nobody else monetizes on our content but it's still available for free for anyone who wants it".
As far as lyrics videos goes, this one is a bit too flashy for its own good, lyrics are kinda hard to read sometimes and its gives you a bit of motion sickness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Lgj8vKBGA

Also, it doesn't help me settle my own internal debate on whether or not it's "We're the Lords of Space, Dundee!" or "We're the lords of Space-Dundee" ? Probably the latter I guess.

So what exactly caused Proletius and the Knight of Crail to turn evil?
Like it says he was stabbed by the Knife of Evil, but when? And why are ALL the Crail knights evil now?
Is this just how they always were in this reality?

Someone should update the Dundaxian Codex.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

Lots of drops today other than Slough Feg

One more release from yesterday: Merging Flare's second album. Real good power metal, has that Euro happiness to it but doesn't bother with any of that "orchestral" poo poo. Nice sharp guitar tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3PNMBN2JY

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ambious posted:

New Gloryhammer Lyrics Video.
I like this trend of "we can't afford a full on music video but we'll put something out just to make sure nobody else monetizes on our content but it's still available for free for anyone who wants it".
As far as lyrics videos goes, this one is a bit too flashy for its own good, lyrics are kinda hard to read sometimes and its gives you a bit of motion sickness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Lgj8vKBGA

Also, it doesn't help me settle my own internal debate on whether or not it's "We're the Lords of Space, Dundee!" or "We're the lords of Space-Dundee" ? Probably the latter I guess.

So what exactly caused Proletius and the Knight of Crail to turn evil?
Like it says he was stabbed by the Knife of Evil, but when? And why are ALL the Crail knights evil now?
Is this just how they always were in this reality?

Someone should update the Dundaxian Codex.

Having been perusing the gloryhammer Reddit, zargothrax arrived earlier to this reality than Argus and therefore had time to corrupt proletius and conquer everything.

Definitely Space-Dundee.

I think the lyrics videos are because they want to do videos for everything, I mean, there's already two full music videos on this album so far.

4th album is going to be, according to the singer, "return to the kingdom of Dundee" set in the early 1000s.

edit: I'm fuckin obsessed and have been playing the album on repeat since it was posted here

silvergoose fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jun 15, 2019

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

silvergoose posted:

Having been perusing the gloryhammer Reddit, zargothrax arrived earlier to this reality than Argus and therefore had time to corrupt proletius and conquer everything.

Definitely Space-Dundee.

I think the lyrics videos are because they want to do videos for everything, I mean, there's already two full music videos on this album so far.

4th album is going to be, according to the singer, "return to the kingdom of Dundee" set in the early 1000s.

edit: I'm fuckin obsessed and have been playing the album on repeat since it was posted here

Oh, that checks out. gently caress this lore is bonkers.
Also I for one don't like going back to the early 1000s, it takes away what makes Gloryhammer so unique and different - there's only so much fun you can poke at medieval stories, the space poo poo is what made this utterly ridiculous and fun.
I was honestly hoping for a jump into a TRON-like electornic matrix universe.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

BOLT THROWER

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Ambious posted:

Oh, that checks out. gently caress this lore is bonkers.
Also I for one don't like going back to the early 1000s, it takes away what makes Gloryhammer so unique and different - there's only so much fun you can poke at medieval stories, the space poo poo is what made this utterly ridiculous and fun.
I was honestly hoping for a jump into a TRON-like electornic matrix universe.

I wouldn't rule anything out, who knows what is gonna be on it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
hey, you know what's extremely cool?

its this https://redefiningdarknessrecords.bandcamp.com/album/crush-the-altar-abhorrent-oblation

the band might be fooling themselves by calling this thrash metal, but they aren't fooling me, this is death metal.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I'm not normally a power metal fan, but there is something about Gloryhammer that just makes them so fun. I'm this close to doing a deep dive on that wiki.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
http://www.metalsucks.net/2019/06/15/violent-video-of-vektors-david-disanto-assaulting-his-wife-has-surfaced/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

When the rest of the band split I remember rumor mongers claiming his wife drove the band apart. Maybe they just didn't want to associate with a wifebeater.

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

Nativity In Black posted:

I'm not normally a power metal fan, but there is something about Gloryhammer that just makes them so fun. I'm this close to doing a deep dive on that wiki.

Not much in it, unfortunately.
I did learn that all the dates in the Gloryhammer lore are relative to the foundation of the city of Dundee, which would explain why 1992 is the distant future.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

gently caress fuckf fuckf fuckfufkxyfifyckcufjcycu

why couldn’t he have been a nazi instead...

:negative:

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So that POS Nazi vocalist that Disma fired? I found an interview with him where he refers to the TV as the "electric Jew"

fuckin' what :laffo:

So if I unplug my TV is that a hate crime?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Ambious posted:

Not much in it, unfortunately.
I did learn that all the dates in the Gloryhammer lore are relative to the foundation of the city of Dundee, which would explain why 1992 is the distant future.

There's more in the singers' reddit posts tbh. And 1992 is the distant future because 992 was the time period for the first album.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Argh Dave I had such high fuckin hopes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
gently caress

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
On a more positive note I am finally getting into Gloryhammer and I’m loving sold. Just got my tickets for their Dallas show with Æther Realm on Monday.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

gently caress fuckf fuckf fuckfufkxyfifyckcufjcycu

why couldn’t he have been a nazi instead...

:negative:

it probably is easier to come back from being outed as a nazi than a wife beater

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nazzadan posted:

Seeing Haunt in a few hours, it's cool to take a break from extreme shows and just see some local boys throw down some trad riffs.

This. Its Saturday night so I'm back at Lucky 13 seeing some bands whose names I won't remember tomorrow and I'm loving every second of it.

Posting here whilst knowing nothing about metal will be my weekly tradition.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

quote:

Metal Thread - Why couldn’t he have been a nazi instead...

It kinda rhymes..

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

gently caress.

I love Vektors music so much, why'd you have to be such a goddamn bastard, Dave? :-(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The new Slough Feg album has been out for two days but still isn’t on Spotify even though the single is. And for some reason track 9 isn’t streamable on Bandcamp. What the gently caress, Cruz del Sur?

Also the new Beheaded isn’t really clicking with me yet. I loved Beast Incarnate but haven’t listened to their old stuff so I don’t know if it was a lightning in a bottle or not. Brutal death is weird and there’s no rhyme or reason to why I love it or why I’m bored by it as far as I can tell.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Nordick posted:

One more release from yesterday: Merging Flare's second album. Real good power metal, has that Euro happiness to it but doesn't bother with any of that "orchestral" poo poo. Nice sharp guitar tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3PNMBN2JY

Checking this out now, you described it perfectly. Very bare bones euro power.