Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bleck posted:

I agree

the greymon line is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Oxyclean posted:

this is quite accurate to my current feelings about pokemon the fandom.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

TheKingofSprings posted:

If they had any intent of doing this they could easily say so and avoid the flak they’re now justifiably getting for it

Not if they’re still debating internally if it’ll be free or paid DLC. No doubt the current blowback will help inform that decision.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Balon posted:

Not if they’re still debating internally if it’ll be free or paid DLC.

amiibos

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I only care that the following Pokemon make it into SwSh:

Jigglypuff
Shellos
Venipede

That is all

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Iron Crowned posted:

I only care that the following Pokemon make it into SwSh:

Jigglypuff
Shellos
Venipede

That is all

Assuming gen 4 remake, shellos is a given. Which is great, because shellos is :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What Game Freak really needs to do is take a couple years off from the series.

Assuming that Z was planned for 2015 (which is a pretty fair assumption to make, given what we know?), they haven't really had a break from new Pokemon releases since 2011. They need to just...take a year or two off, and let spinoff games fill in the gap for new content while they take a break for a while.

But that's not gonna happen and 2020 is going to feature the release of Let's Go Johto or something like that.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 14, 2019

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think LGPE was them taking a year off

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
pokemon switch mystery dungeon imo. if i'm not crying after the final boss then it's not worth my time

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vandar posted:

What Game Freak really needs to do is take a couple years off from the series.

the wait between releases already feels too long as it is imo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I legit think generations should go back to 4 years long and only have 1 side release (remake or "3rd" version) in the middle.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I think gens should be shortened to 18 months:

First half of the first year: new gen
Second half of the first year: old gen remakes
First half of the second year: 3rd version
Second half of the second year: new gen

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pokemon just needs to hit the big time and switch to a FIFA / EA Sports schedule. Annual release where you don’t really change anything, just do a balance pass and maybe add a new thing here and there.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I'd be down for that, if the games are as complete as BW and are just new world-regions.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pokemon just needs to hit the big time and switch to a FIFA / EA Sports schedule. Annual release where you don’t really change anything, just do a balance pass and maybe add a new thing here and there.

Isn't that what's happened since XY?

Spicy takes aside, if they wanna do that, they should at least have multiple studios working on it, not like half of the 100-man company.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

there are so many terrible garbage pokemon especially from the 2nd and 3rd generation that it seems like it would be piss easy to just wipe those off the map. Nobody's going to miss some of those things.

I would probably tbh.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I would probably tbh.

Same.

You gotta remember that *every* Pokémon has a group of fans and defenders.

Even Stunfisk. Poor, terrible, revolting Stunfisk.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Who the gently caress stans for Lumineon and Finneon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I like Lumineon. I just wish it was half Bug type. :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'll be honest I think they're solid fish.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Vandar posted:

Even Stunfisk. Poor, terrible, revolting Stunfisk.
:mad:

Stunfisk has a great type matchup and a surprisingly big health pool; throw on an Assault Vest and you've got something that can use Earth Power, Discharge, and Scald, all to pretty drat good effectiveness and can do so for hours.

Plus the lil boy's just got a face that says "please i'm trying my best"

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Stunfisk is amazing in 3D, a little flat boi

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Stunfisk's popularity is based on how revolting he is. His face is purposely meant to be trollish, and he makes a fart noise. His anime appearances even play this up.

Sometimes "this thing sucks" can be all the basis for a fanbase something needs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stunfisk tries his hardest and in the end that's all that matters.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Stunfisk would've been able to manage its development studio to program the camping animations on all pokemon in a reasonable post-release timeframe.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Nodosaur posted:

His face is purposely meant to be trollish, and he makes a fart noise.

turn on you are monitor

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
What about Stantler. The only reason I remember it is that it's the most forgettable.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Stunfisk is both a creative and fun concept, as well as having a fun type combination to play with. I used him in B2

Finneon/Lumineon's cries are in the top 5 and I could listen to them on repeat for hours. That fact alone would make them infinitely better as the standard surf mob than goldeen or tentacool.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

The Pokemon native to a region have never been that closely tied to the wildlife or culture of the real-life area the region is based on. Kanto had kangaroos wearing Mongolian armor living just southwest of Tokyo. (To be far, it would make sense for the Safari Zone Pokemon to be imported from abroad, but the need to refer to the Gen I Pokemon as an in-universe category means that they've been retconned as "originally discovered in Kanto.") Johto, the most traditionally Japanese region, introduced Pokemon based on the Roman alphabet and a giraffe. Unova had Daruma dolls and zebras in New Jersey. Kalos had pandas and luchadors in France. There have also been Pokemon inspired by the real-world regions as well (especially in Alola), but they've never tried to match Pokemon with regions very strictly.

It makes more sense that Kangaskhan was something of an invasive species following the closure of the Safari Zone, only integrating into the Rock Tunnel as a result. It's probably indigenous to Kalos or Alola but accepted as one of their own -- much like Vulpix wound up being in Alola. It's established that something can be found in a region without necessarily being in the regional dex, and vice versa - just look at the Hoenn/Sinnoh sound mons.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Vandar posted:

Assuming that Z was planned for 2015 (which is a pretty fair assumption to make, given what we know?), they haven't really had a break from new Pokemon releases since 2011. They need to just...take a year or two off, and let spinoff games fill in the gap for new content while they take a break for a while.
considering Sun/Moon had the professor's assistants from XY show up to be like "hey, have you heard of the Kalos legendary pokemon?? Well the cells to make it are here now, for reasons. Go get 'em.", and XY themselves were so barebones in a lot of places, they've been rushed ever since they transitioned to 3D. They really should account for that and go a bit slower, but nope.
Once again:

mandatory lesbian posted:

the only reason they adhere to a strict release schedule is the need to make as a much money as possible to the detriment of the customer's desires. obviously, we must end capitalism to free the pokemon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

how do we explain the wild Bewears of Galar, then?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Pokemon: Invasive Species Removal Team

Coming Summer 2020

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Beachcomber posted:

What about Stantler. The only reason I remember it is that it's the most forgettable.

We had this contest already.

My personal desire would have been a launch of Pokemon Home similar to how they did Bank: you can't transfer anything in for a few months after the gen launches. I realize we know history won't be repeating itself, but dammit: I want my favorite boys (everybody but the elemental monkeys and Kanto Golem) to come live in these fresh new boxes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Farecoal posted:

Pokemon: Invasive Species Removal Team

Coming Summer 2020

Catch and then "remove" Pokemon based on invasive species such as beetles, dingoes, white people, and King Ghidorah.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if anyone insults stantler they're insulting ancient thread watcher and guardian redchocobo, and that is unacceptable

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Stantler is way less forgettable in the timeline were its official name is Scaribou.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'd love to see what a community-sourced Pokemon game would look like, considering that the thing to get the most notoriety in that department is a trainwreck like Pokemon Uranium

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the Noctowls of Galar'oole

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pentaro posted:

Stantler is way less forgettable in the timeline were its official name is Scaribou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYdCydTQyAc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Funky Valentine posted:

Catch and then "remove" Pokemon based on invasive species such as beetles, dingoes, white people, and King Ghidorah.

Use precision motion controls to aim your lethal injections!!