Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Thinking on it now were there any more Al-Shujae out there during HOI4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
It's actually really rare for generals or admirals to die, and impossible for ministers, outside of scripted events.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Unless something happens to Waono in the next update, I think my guy spent all of HoI4 in one of the few areas untouched directly by the war. Lucky bastard.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I'm just glad my guy was able to survive having most of his body blown off. :unsmith:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Xelkelvos posted:

On a coil flip, either my guy took the easy life with the Berbers or died with Ibriz. (I had honestly forgotten my guy's name)

Pretty sure he was with islamic Ibriz, so he's probably messing about somewhere in Portland.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I am curious about the fate of the last ibn Cyrah

There are cyrahids everywhere.

Jack2142 posted:

I probably died when the Khedivate got invaded.

Khedivate's gone, so solid guess.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

vyelkin posted:

I wonder what German Godzilla will be like.
The movie would be okay, but it's ruined by the soundtrack. The Gottzillertaler Schürzenjäger are just terrible.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Tiger Crazy posted:

I like to think my Russian General was a spearhead of turning the war around in Russia. He probably was one of those cowards that ran when things got tough. :commissar:

Your guy's still with the current Russia, so you're still around.

Soup du Jour posted:

Where did you wind up putting my guy? Kind of hope he’s hanging out in the Ibrizi remnant.

Yep I put him with islamic Ibriz, so he's also alive.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I would like to know the fate of Giuseppe Calabrese. I'm guessing the Fash took him out, but at least he didn't get nuked to bits!

Still there! Leading a provencal army.

vyelkin posted:

Oh yeah I'm curious what happened to my Russian guy too. Probably died in a nuclear explosion somewhere along the way, I guess.

Vyelkin's gone, probably got purged in one of the coup events.

Talas posted:

My Admiral guy probably died in one of the times we lost our fleets.

Still alive, just without much to do since we don't have navy.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Bold Kobold posted:

Thinking on it now were there any more Al-Shujae out there during HOI4?

Yeah Ka'abalds an Iberian general, just didn't get the chance to do much.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

My guy was probably either shot by the Russians or garroted by the Iberians...

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

What about my guy, I think he was a Nagar? He was serving with the Moroccans as a Afghan general.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

:getin:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Hashim posted:

Title of the Stellaris LP starting with a tomb world race.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's a shame devouring swarms can't get the tomb world start without modding. It'd be perfect.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Hey Hashim, what happened to the Min al-bita dynasty of the khedivate?

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
I just caught up with that last nuclear hellfire-filled update. I smacked my gob when Prague got nuked for the second time.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Did my Admiral survived the massive battle in French shores?

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Mario Pato did Portugal proud. He's totally not clutching a rosary and muttering the prayers of his grandmother with glazed-over eyes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hashim posted:

Vyelkin's gone, probably got purged in one of the coup events.

Welp guess at least he didn't support the various anti-democratic coups then, that's something

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Poor Friederich Neumann, escaped the french only to get nuked by the russians.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

What about my guy, I think he was a Nagar? He was serving with the Moroccans as a Afghan general.

Led the Moroccans in a bunch of attacks on us, but went poof when the Almoravids capitulated, so he's dead or missing.

unwantedplatypus posted:

Hey Hashim, what happened to the Min al-bita dynasty of the khedivate?

Ousted when the khedivate capitulated, survivors probably fled to Usturaliya.

Weirdly enough though, one was also elected to the presidency in Suqutra. I guess I accidentally put min-al-bitas into their namelist.

Pacho posted:

Did my Admiral survived the massive battle in French shores?

Yep, he's still hanging around.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I completely forgot if I had a dude. If yes, is he still kicking?

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'd like to imagine my Frankish general Yves-Marcel le Tombe was betrayed by his own troops and him and his staff were left dead in a ditch somewhere.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Did the al-Houds really do anything come the HoI part? I think i was away for the entire "Post your Leader" part of HoI so I'm not sure if I even had a horse in the race.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I forgot what my dude was doing in HoI4 completely, I think I died somewhere in Ibriz

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
My guy was a New English general so he's probably dead or in a Berber prison.

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

Hooray for my character beating up the English! She did survive that part, right?

...What major population centers in Germany didn't get nuked? Germany is probably going to be hotbed of anarchy and civil conflict for the forseeable future, isn't it?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

devildragon777 posted:

Germany is probably going to be hotbed of anarchy and civil conflict for the forseeable future, isn't it?

Who could have possibly foreseen this after the unmatched tranquility and brotherly love of the past few centuries

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I like to imagine that Quincy Pryce Quibbly was a no-name bureaucrat who talked a big game, did nothing important, and then died in a nuclear explosion.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
I forgot what my guy was.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Do we still have a say? Because I for one support a Marshall Plan for Germany. Let us rebuild it and turn it into a model Communist state.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Lest we forget, Al-Andalus has been embroiled in major wars for the majority of the last thirty years. Our massively damaging civil war was in 1914, followed by WW1 immediately afterwards lasting until 1923, while WW2 started in 1938 and ended in 1948. Even excluding our "minor" wars leading up to WW2, we've been in a state of total war for 19 of the past 34 years. I cringe at the thought of what our demographics look like; since essentially every Iberian male younger than 60 has likely served as a draftee in wars where the odds of emerging unscathed are basically nil. This will not be an easy rebuilding process.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Man, as a German general I bet there's probably a 90% chance Matilda Gießwein was vaporized in one of the many nukings, even if mechanically she's probably still alive.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Yeah sorry we are the USSR in any cold war.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

We've actually gained a lot out of this war, just not in terms of direct territory - Western Europe and North Africa is a direct client of Al-Andalus, and we've secured our hegemony over two of our ancestral enemies with healthy buffers between.

We didn't even get a nuking to boot, because Germany took it for us.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Morrow posted:

Yeah sorry we are the USSR in any cold war.

Except even worse because this is at least a tripolar world, and both Russia and the Berbers probably hate us forever.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think north america's gonna collapse hard, and it'll make the proxy conflicts of the cold war look like nothing. and spain isn't the USSR so i dunno how well we'll do holding on to our satellites. i'm looking forward to the wrap-up. especially if it includes something about my nuclear scientist down in berberrio who's got new york on his resume

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Looking back at history, none of the big peace deals this world made after horrifying hellwars ever really took for very long. There's not much reason to expect the major powers to hold to this new peace for too long. I'm not even sure if nukes will have the mystique that they had in our world since they were being slung around like nothing.

It's still hard to say what Asia will end up as, since its war is still raging, but it seems pretty plausible that something stupid will happen to bring in a 4th world war.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

vyelkin posted:

Except even worse because this is at least a tripolar world, and both Russia and the Berbers probably hate us forever.

Wait, why would the Berbers hate us? I don't think we really fought at all in this last war, unless there was some naval combat I missed. We had way less interaction with our Gharbian "allies" in this war than, say, Japan and Germany did IRL.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

orangelex44 posted:

Wait, why would the Berbers hate us? I don't think we really fought at all in this last war, unless there was some naval combat I missed. We had way less interaction with our Gharbian "allies" in this war than, say, Japan and Germany did IRL.

Well, we're communist and they're capitalist so there's some natural friction there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I would be genuinely surprised if the Berbers have the time or energy to hate us with the two continents they have to find a way to govern without balkanizing.