Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Like we've been saying we're the bad guys now for a while, but godamn we're literally Nazis v2.0.

We're at the "Native American blankets" stage of concentration and relocation camps at the moment. Can't remember the exact number but my probably faulty memory wants to say 6,000 detainees at the southern border are in quarantine for an outbreak of mumps I think it was?

We've moved from the rhetoric calling them terrorists and dangerous invaders to letting them die of preventable diseases and institutionalized neglect. We still have vestiges of morality and institutions that are hanging on so it's going to take us awhile to complete the entire trip in to fascist ethno-nationalism cleansings. Give the radicalization process of the Republican party some time to work up to it.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davidlarter/status/1139590063480877057?s=21

Decent little amplifying info thread regarding Defense News’ reporting on F-35 lately. Makes sense all around for reporters, contractor.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hail modnally

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Stravag posted:

Was in a body shop for the work car playing fox. The crew reported a flying object like a missile struck them instead of a mine and the talking head said something like "well the admin isnt telling us anything but we know thats wrong" like ohhhhkayyyyy....

Back, and to the left.

I feel like a crazy person for saying this but I think the most likely cause is some local friends of Jared (either KSA or UAE) tried to do a false flag, the Pentagon realized this immediately, and now everyone is hoping this blows over and people forget it before the details inevitably come out. If there was even a 1% chance this was a real Iranian attack it would be the top story on every channel as every pentagon, state and CIA goon got their reporter friends on the phone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kim Kardashian on criminal justice reform/second chance at White House

is this real life lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Most of those planes you mentioned aren't "new" and definitely don't cost as much as the F-35. Yes, my problem is the MICC. The F-35 is one of the most visible manifestations of MICC greed and corruption.

Burn it all loving down. Stop accepting the status quo when it comes to military acquisitions because this poo poo only gets worse.

The new F-35 production lots will cost about the same per airframe as a new F-16. Tens of millions less than a new F-15. Yeah, development was expensive. Shoehorning a loving Harrier into a stealth medium-high altitude fighter/bomber probably had something to do with it. But that's Congress' fault. The Air Force and Navy sure didn't want to ride that coattail. Lockmart probably would've preferred to build two aircraft with completely different assembly lines, too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This is a stupid conversation because UP THE BUM NO BABY just wants to shout.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

from cnn

quote:

In the hours before the attack on the two tankers in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, the Iranians spotted a US drone flying overhead and launched a surface-to-air missile at the unmanned aircraft, a US official told CNN.
The missile missed the drone and fell into the water, the official said.
Prior to taking fire, the American MQ-9 drone observed Iranian vessels closing in on the tankers, the official added, though the source did not say whether the unmanned aircraft saw the boats conducting an actual attack.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yeah, I do just want to shout. We're so goddamn used to the institutionalized corruption eating up our loving government spending that affects every part of any of our lives if we served, from the dumbass boots and clothes we had to wear or were given the privilege to be told we had to buy or replace because it was out of regulation, that it's absurd if you think about in the slightest. I want off of this stupid carnival ride of military spending that our country has gone all in on since FDR realized we'd have to stand up against the Nazis but couldn't live long enough to see finished. It's loving dumb and I don't want to be an unwitting, unwilling, and uncaring participant anymore. I'm going to take every loving opportunity to shout about this poo poo because it's loving stupid that we continue accepting that somewhere around 70% of the government budget is dedicated to something that's so blatantly lovely and provides no real benefit to our country's well-being, unless you think our nation's hundred-and-twenty-odd year foray into imperialism has somehow paid dividends other than briefly landing a man on the moon. Sweet. Glad we accomplished that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Starting a war because Kushner is bad at business would be a new low. It's honestly worse than Bush doing Iraq partly because Jeezuz told him to.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh it missed and fell into the water, coincidentally on the other side of mr wilsons fence so I can't even get it to show you it really happened

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/...ingawful.com%2F

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

oh no how could have this happened

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Godholio posted:

The new F-35 production lots will cost about the same per airframe as a new F-16. Tens of millions less than a new F-15. Yeah, development was expensive. Shoehorning a loving Harrier into a stealth medium-high altitude fighter/bomber probably had something to do with it. But that's Congress' fault. The Air Force and Navy sure didn't want to ride that coattail. Lockmart probably would've preferred to build two aircraft with completely different assembly lines, too.

Part of it can also be blamed on either Dick Cheney or McDonnell-Douglas, because in 1991 Cheney canceled the A-12 Avenger II which was going to replace the A-6 and A-7 as a dedicated light bomber/attack aircraft for the Navy, because McD was giving the government the run around on how much the development would actually cost and how long it would take, which meant that the JSF designs had to take on more of a strike role.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

current event: FYAD is invading the steroid thread in TCC and it is hilarious

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

They were making fun of some guy who took his picture in front of his shelf full of fuel injector cleaner in the goonlulz thread last night so I suppose it was only a matter of time

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Bigass Moth posted:

There are people in this thread who gently caress trannys, I don’t think saying homoerotic sexual energy will be seen as an insult.

Exhibit A in the case to delete TCC.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This thread needs some levity. Nobody's talking about Shucks getting the boot.

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/1139276744597344256

:boom:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

And God bless them for it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1139711636883697664

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yeah but he's good people.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah, I do just want to shout. We're so goddamn used to the institutionalized corruption eating up our loving government spending that affects every part of any of our lives if we served, from the dumbass boots and clothes we had to wear or were given the privilege to be told we had to buy or replace because it was out of regulation, that it's absurd if you think about in the slightest. I want off of this stupid carnival ride of military spending that our country has gone all in on since FDR realized we'd have to stand up against the Nazis but couldn't live long enough to see finished. It's loving dumb and I don't want to be an unwitting, unwilling, and uncaring participant anymore. I'm going to take every loving opportunity to shout about this poo poo because it's loving stupid that we continue accepting that somewhere around 70% of the government budget is dedicated to something that's so blatantly lovely and provides no real benefit to our country's well-being, unless you think our nation's hundred-and-twenty-odd year foray into imperialism has somehow paid dividends other than briefly landing a man on the moon. Sweet. Glad we accomplished that.

You're shouting into a phone booth of people who probably 99% agree.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Part of it can also be blamed on either Dick Cheney or McDonnell-Douglas, because in 1991 Cheney canceled the A-12 Avenger II which was going to replace the A-6 and A-7 as a dedicated light bomber/attack aircraft for the Navy, because McD was giving the government the run around on how much the development would actually cost and how long it would take, which meant that the JSF designs had to take on more of a strike role.

I actually think that would've happened anyway.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 15, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

So, he's paying himself $1 million?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

BigDave posted:

So, he's paying himself $1 million?

Easiest check he'll ever write.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So is he basically encouraging his supporters to go out and harass Sandy Hook survivors...again...in the hopes they'll get a million dollars?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Godholio posted:

I actually think that would've happened anyway.

From what I remember there were lots of possibly unsolvable problems with the A-12 but its cancellation without trying to immediately start a less audacious naval attack aircraft program as a replacement is one of the major fuckups of the "peace dividend" years. The lack of a replacement for the A-6 and A-7 left naval air with a giant gap in capability (made even worse when the Bombcat was nixed) that lead to trying to make the F-18 into a do-everything platform which has hosed everything six ways to Sunday (what the gently caress kind of idea is Superbug tankers refueling other Superbugs)?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 15, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
we hosed up not buying 500 F-22s and filling the attack role with legions of the F-15E and F-16XL

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Proud Christian Mom posted:

we hosed up not buying 500 F-22s and filling the attack role with legions of the F-15E and F-16XL planes rather than [funding actual helpful thing]

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

well yeah

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Woof Blitzer posted:

Exhibit A in the case to delete TCC.

That's more like exhibit A for a mass banning/probation raid for people being pieces of poo poo.

I'm no fan of most of the TCC community types, but it was useful when I was young into my drug sojourns. Bunch of terrible examples of people in there, but it's not like it's the kind of community that outright pushes people to "told you I was hardcore, bro" it into overdose territory. It's a festering wound that needs constant disinfecting, not a diseased limb that needs lobbed off.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's more like exhibit A for a mass banning/probation raid for people being pieces of poo poo.

I'm no fan of most of the TCC community types, but it was useful when I was young into my drug sojourns. Bunch of terrible examples of people in there, but it's not like it's the kind of community that outright pushes people to "told you I was hardcore, bro" it into overdose territory. It's a festering wound that needs constant disinfecting, not a diseased limb that needs lobbed off.

how many cow hormones did you inject straight into your chest?

TCC suffers from the same problem as literally all drug-centric forums: the number of experienced users who can educate new users in the ways of "take this poo poo to feel better but make sure to do X, Y and Z or you're hosed" are far outweighed by a lot of stupid people injecting themselves with Dr Pepper or getting jobs as veterinary assistants so they can steal doses of livestock tranquilizer.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 15, 2019

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
But don't you remember how expensive the F-22 was? And the projections for the F-35 were so reasonable. It must have just been bad luck that the costs for the F-35 shot through the roof after we cancelled the F-22. It was so unexpected!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

TCC ...but it was useful when

quote:

Triticum Guzzler posted:
its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Basically drug forums are useless because anything stronger than :420: is going to be discussed not by experienced people who know how to handle it but by raving lunatics who bake themselves to death in their own driveways because they thought they were hardcore. And then the dead morons' widows turn up to ask if they can sell the weird red pills they found in unlabeled bottles in their medicine cabinet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
TCC is my anti-drug.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
IMO the strongest single piece of evidence that marijuana is safe is that no TCC poster has managed to kill themselves with it... yet.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

shame on an IGA posted:

I wouldn't really call two posters an invasion tbh.

Still funny

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

how many cow hormones did you inject straight into your chest?

None. I had enough bad examples to follow in there, never got to the meathead thread. Also stopped reading it about a decade ago.

I mostly focused on weed threads and hallucinogenics. Salvia, dxm, shrooms, etc, that type of poo poo. I still want to get a few peruvian torch cactus to grow so I can brew mescaline someday. The VA was working hard enough to get me on the horse that I never looked into opiate threads either.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Sitting at the bar and an EMT is demanding i recount the step by step of my self defense shooting 5 years ago because he saw something about it on Nextdoor. FML

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

crazyivan45 posted:

Sitting at the bar and an EMT is demanding i recount the step by step of my self defense shooting 5 years ago because he saw something about it on Nextdoor. FML

Have the words "no, gently caress off" disappeared from the language when I wasn't looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Does TCC have some new name or is it hidden somewhere? I'm not finding it. Or am I just missing it?