Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

chroma p, maybe, nova p, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aura forma isn't terribly useful on most frames. maybe if de ever unfucks armor scaling that will change.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I threw one on Wisp on the off chance I wanted to gently caress around with Growing Power.

I just use a regular Nova for my Speedva build.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

NoMas posted:

The real question: who to use aura forma on?

Nova seems by far the most useful, but only if you've got Power Donation.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

NoMas posted:

The real question: who to use aura forma on?

Chroma, Trinity, Volt, or Harrow. Someone's gotta bring Dead Eye for Eidolons :colbert:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Wish you could reverse an aura forma into 4 regular forma

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Chroma, Trinity, Volt, or Harrow. Someone's gotta bring Dead Eye for Eidolons :colbert:

Harrow can just put a wrong-polarity aura in, it's not like it meaningfully affects his contribution to Eidolon hunting. :v:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
This Limbo character, is there a trick to being good? Because I think it might require more good-at-gaming-ness than I have available.

Ordis seems to think he's the bee's knees. :shrug:

prefect fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 14, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

prefect posted:

This Limbo character, is there a trick to being good?

yeah don't play limbo

real talk though, lower your ability range, your team will thank you.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

prefect posted:

This Limbo character, is there a trick to being good? Because I think it might require more good-at-gaming-ness than I have available.

Minimum range, maximum duration, don't bring him for anything except a tiny subset of missions where his niche is actually useful. (Mainly excavation missions and defense missions with stationary objectives. Frost / Gara / Khora are frequently better choices depending on enemy level, enemy faction, and mission type.)

But really, just don't play Limbo.

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Minimum range, maximum duration, don't bring him for anything except a tiny subset of missions where his niche is actually useful. (Mainly excavation missions and defense missions with stationary objectives. Frost / Gara / Khora may be more useful depending on enemy level and faction.)

And if you get the vaults memorised you don't even need mods to Limbo clown all over Pavlov, the Lua spy mission.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Max duration Limbo's pretty great for rescue missions. Roll into phase mode, run past everyone to the rescue target, get them out, press 1 on them, run to the exit.

It's really the only thing I use him for.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
The Syndana that Baro has is pretty nice

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Limbo's best niche is sortie interception missions with some sort of really bad negative trait. Being able to lock down a node completely and run off if needed is stupidly useful.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

prefect posted:

Being good, not really. Limbo is very situational, although there are a few niche applications he can trivialize. But there is one basic trick I never realized until I was done levelling Limbo:

Combine 4 Cataclysm with 2 Stasis. The World.

Even so, don't rift-roll or Cataclysm in places your teammates are moving back and forth through. Entering the rift when you don't expect to, or having to factor in that you need to walk inside the Cataclysm bubble to hit the dudes inside it, causes just enough confusion to waste important time and be very annoying.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Is using Ivara and dread the easiest way to complete an undetected level 30+ exterminate riven?

Edit: actually having a squadmate clear the level while I hide is probably the way to go, huh?

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 15, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Apparently just go murder everyone on Void Oxomoco, corrupted dont do alerts.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Now where should I go for 30+ solo interception with hobbled dragon key and no deaths? other then gently caress myself apparently.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

E: I usually do the interception on Eris and bring a Saryn or something that can melt whole tiles.

prefect posted:

Ordis seems to think he's the bee's knees. :shrug:

Aside from the other uses Limbo has one method of being king poo poo of damage mountain, sadly it's not very practical anywhere and noticeably less so in groups. The augment Rift Torrent gives Limbo real good bonus damage to everything that scales with power strength, pretty easily reaching over 1000% extra. The problem is you have to banish or cataclysm and then Rift Surge as many people as possible and the more of those surged mobs you kill the more your bonus damage instantly diminishes. This is fairly workable solo, but I didn't really find it fun and so many other builds clear maps waaay more quickly without requiring any build up. It would be one thing if Limbo kept the damage bonus for a duration instead of having it scale down every time a surged enemy dies. But even then it would still be very difficult to use this strategy in a group.

So there is that, if you want to try it. But I'd suggest listening to everyone else and building a short range, high duration defensive Limbo. That tends to work much better in groups and where it works it works it works really well.

Completely aside, though relevant to Plague Star being active, Exodia Contagion lets you fling an explosive projectile from your zaw and this completely ignores rift status. Whether you are in or out of the rift Exodia Contagion will damage dudes who are in or out of Limbo's rift. Given that zaws are silly strong this tend to be incredibly unfair to the mobs on a frame that can already almost completely negate the possibility of taking damage in most parts of the game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

infested or grineer pretty much.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Anora posted:

Now where should I go for 30+ solo interception with hobbled dragon key and no deaths? other then gently caress myself apparently.

That's not so hard at all, solo means far fewer enemies spawn. I usually use Khora somewhere on....ceres? I forget which interception mission it is. You can knock that out in 5 minutes or less, drop domes on undefended points, run around and kill dudes.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Nova is also really good for solo interception challenges.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Unperson_47 posted:

Edit: actually having a squadmate clear the level while I hide is probably the way to go, huh?
yes, assuming you dont have to do it alone.

Anora posted:

slowva trivializes interceptions. pick a nice infested one to make it extra easy and go to town. remember you can void dash normally with a hobbled key.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Apparently just go murder everyone on Void Oxomoco, corrupted dont do alerts.

I don't think this works with Rivens. It was the first thing I tried after I did this for the NIghtwave mission.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'll try those, just started messing with a Slowva, and it's nice.

I hate that due to MR farming I bought the Prisma Tetra and Viper Wraith from Baro, they are both awful guns. The Glaxion Vandel however is basically a slightly thinner beamed Ignis Wraith and it's lovely.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Unperson_47 posted:

I don't think this works with Rivens. It was the first thing I tried after I did this for the NIghtwave mission.

I can confirm it worked.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Anora posted:

Ivara is good for this one, just stay invis and fire noise arrows in the middle of the map heheheh

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Anora posted:

I can confirm it worked.

Hmm. I'm going to retry. I wonder why I failed it before.

Edit: Still insta-failing me as soon as an enemy sees me.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 15, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"non-detected" rivens fail when you are seen. the nightwave challenge is different despite being worded the same.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
How long will Plague Star be up? I'm spending this weekend hauling boxes and making trips to Ikea so I can't pop zits until Monday.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Awesome! posted:

"non-detected" rivens fail when you are seen. the nightwave challenge is different despite being worded the same.

Well, that explains that.

This riven also requires the Hobbled Key so Ivara is out of the question. Thank God it can be cheesed with squadmates.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Awesome! posted:

yeah i learnt that doing a level 30 exterm, undetected, alone riven along with the nw and the fail states for both were deff different

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ritznit posted:

How long will Plague Star be up? I'm spending this weekend hauling boxes and making trips to Ikea so I can't pop zits until Monday.
12 days, like the previous reruns. I'm only a few dozen runs in but it's a pretty fun mission. A bit more confusing at night due to bad visibility (and voms).

Good luck with your move!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I completed my riven by joining a random squad mid-mission and hiding in the rafters as Loki.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 15, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

RoadCrewWorker posted:

12 days, like the previous reruns. I'm only a few dozen runs in but it's a pretty fun mission. A bit more confusing at night due to bad visibility (and voms).

Good luck with your move!

Alright, that's enough time to farm up some goodies. Thanks!

Unperson_47 posted:

I completed my riven by joining a random squad mid-mission and hiding in the rafters as Loki.

Leeching like a pro. Nice job. I sometimes do this with goon squads who are happy to help.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ritznit posted:

Alright, that's enough time to farm up some goodies. Thanks!

Leeching like a pro. Nice job. I sometimes do this with goon squads who are happy to help.

Everything in this game exists to be cheesed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Unperson_47 posted:

Well, that explains that.

This riven also requires the Hobbled Key so Ivara is out of the question. Thank God it can be cheesed with squadmates.
roll

e: amalgam roll

Psychorider
May 15, 2009
I use Ivara for those rivens. You can silence any weapon with the appropriate mod and melee weapons are silent despite all evidence to the contrary so you can stay cloaked permanently. I just roll everywhere to get around or walljump. You can use Loki as well but having to recloak constantly without being able to refresh the ability makes me way too nervous. You can cloak with Octavia but I have no idea how she works at all.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Octavia cloaks if you blast out a series of glute-shattering squats while 3 is active. Noises arent silent though you will stay invisible no matter what you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Minimum range, maximum duration, don't bring him for anything except a tiny subset of missions where his niche is actually useful. (Mainly excavation missions and defense missions with stationary objectives. Frost / Gara / Khora are frequently better choices depending on enemy level, enemy faction, and mission type.)

But really, just don't play Limbo.

Yeah Khora has killed Limbo as far as I've seen. Stops enemies dead at range using aoe, without all the fuckery of having to be inside or outside of the rift to do damage.