Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

GreatGreen posted:

Hey guys I'm the designer of the official Nintendo Switch Dock! Ask me why I designed it with a big goddamn hunk of plastic that covers the screen for no reason (and scratches it) and arbitrarily prevents you from using the dock to charge your switch and play it at the same time.

Because gently caress YOU, that's why! Aaaaaahahahahahahaha. That'll be 70 bucks.

I'm heading out now. Anybody who wants to argue with me can take it up with the absolute sheep who will leap into an argument face first to defend anything my company does. They should be here soon.

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

a.lo posted:

What are they going call the BOTW sequel

Breaking of the Weapons

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

a.lo posted:

The Legend of Ganon: Death of the Wild

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The Legend of Zelda: Rehydrated Ganondorf Is Hot As gently caress

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1139563292953841666

Nintendo's official release timetable, at least in Europe.

Gonna need two sets of vouchers just for 2019 games lmao all right then

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No Bayonetta

RIP

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

One travel dock for myself, one as a donation to a local game cafe. (I would come to regret that one as the operator ended up sexually harassing some women clientele and then doxxing her when she texted saying she didn't appreciate it and wouldn't come back, in his words "as a precaution so y'all had both sides of the story". I told him off, got several people to quit going to his store and go to a different one. Not enough apparently since they're still in business. Then I found out same guy was arrested for assaulting a minor, which I tried to inform people of, but no one seemed to care since they had this supposedly safe space to game)

Just further proof docks are bad.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Legend of Zelda: Tingle's Back Bitches

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

what the switch really needs is a wharf

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, starring Arnold Vosloo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

One travel dock for myself, one as a donation to a local game cafe. (I would come to regret that one as the operator ended up sexually harassing some women clientele and then doxxing her when she texted saying she didn't appreciate it and wouldn't come back, in his words "as a precaution so y'all had both sides of the story". I told him off, got several people to quit going to his store and go to a different one. Not enough apparently since they're still in business. Then I found out same guy was arrested for assaulting a minor, which I tried to inform people of, but no one seemed to care since they had this supposedly safe space to game)

drat, that really sucks, I hope you can take solace in knowing that you did the right thing. Even if it doesn't seem to have made a difference I'm sure more people paid attention than you know. Word gets around.

Unlike a Nintendo Switch OEM dock, which is too big to go anywhere

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Cadence is a little like BotW in that it's somewhat tough at the very beginning but once you get a few upgrades and solid weapons it's trivial from then on.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

If you're in a store with a Fry's Electronics, eshop cards are on sale yet again this weekend, $40 for $50 (e.g. get voucher for $80).

I think technically they're limit-1 but they won't blink if you put two down on the counter.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RandomFerret posted:

drat, that really sucks, I hope you can take solace in knowing that you did the right thing. Even if it doesn't seem to have made a difference I'm sure more people paid attention than you know. Word gets around.

Unlike a Nintendo Switch OEM dock, which is too big to go anywhere

That's the other crazy thing about third party docks IMO. They are physically smaller than the official one, but hold the switch at an angle that has a much larger footprint cause it's laying flat. The whole point is to be smaller but they take up more space in the entertainment center!

manic mike
Oct 8, 2003

no bond too surly

a.lo posted:

2 Breath 2 Wild

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

manic mike posted:

2 Breath 2 Wild

ft. Linky 2 Twinky

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Probably already posted but apparently Phil Spencer confirmed on Giant Bomb yesterday that the English version of PSO2 is also coming to Switch.

only six years too late, gj sega

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Why does anyone need to see the Switch screeen when it's docked? What a pointless "feature."

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Maybe someone would like to play table mode while charging?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Maybe someone would like to play table mode while charging?

The screen turns off when docked so that can't be it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I guess I'm going to need to use my fat sweaty fingers to make mario stages here in the USA

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

a.lo posted:

I guess I'm going to need to use my fat sweaty fingers to make mario stages here in the USA

God I hope not. I expect either an official stylus to be released, or a decent goon recommended one to use.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Isnt it just a standard stylus that are like five bucks? I have a few here that I can draw Mario on if you want them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

hatty posted:

Isnt it just a standard stylus that are like five bucks? I have a few here that I can draw Mario on if you want them

Please.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hatty posted:

I'll take one

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RandomFerret posted:

Why are you buying multiple of those terrible, terrible docks? Is it a cry for help?

rooftop lan parties

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Len posted:

Because you'll pay it anyway lol

Len posted:

Part of the You'll Pay It Anyway line of software

Len posted:

Because You'll Pay It Anyway I assume

Len posted:

Because You'll Pay It Anyway!

you really want this poo poo catchphrase to take off huh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just bought one of those capacitativewhatever styluses off amazon for like 5 or 10 bucks.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

hatty posted:

Count me in for one!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/1137040486135402497

Kinda cool but not sure I want to spend an extra :10bux: over Best Buy GCU after tax.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The first boss is down. Super cool fight. The music was dope.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

GreatGreen posted:

Hey guys I'm the designer of the official Nintendo Switch Dock! Ask me why I designed it with a big goddamn hunk of plastic that covers the screen for no reason (and scratches it) and arbitrarily prevents you from using the dock to charge your switch and play it at the same time.

Because gently caress YOU, that's why! Aaaaaahahahahahahaha. That'll be 70 bucks.

I'm heading out now. Anybody who wants to argue with me can take it up with the absolute sheep who will leap into an argument face first to defend anything my company does. They should be here soon.

You can’t post about durability! You will regret this!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

In Cadence once I got some momentum, everything got a lot easier. One way to break the game a bit is put off doing, or at least finishing dungeons for as long as possible. I'm almost certain clearing them scales up the enemies in the over-world.

I've finished it but I couldn't find the second bottle. Also (unlock related) There's a 4th character; a Deku Scrub, gotta give Tingle 20 seeds. It feels like there might be a 5th character with how they're laid out on the file load screen.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't quite understand how the dowser works

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I don't quite understand how the dowser works

In Cadence? Go near an exit and use it, if you get a gentle rumble thats the wrong direction. The correct direction will have a more powerful rumble.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Leal posted:

In Cadence? Go near an exit and use it, if you get a gentle rumble thats the wrong direction. The correct direction will have a more powerful rumble.

and if you've turned off rumble, it'll make a sound

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Leal posted:

Cool thanks

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sudden Javelin posted:

you really want this poo poo catchphrase to take off huh

It's true though y'all will absolutely pay it anyway

I'm not sold on Necrodancer. I've made it through zone 2 but the game sure does like to just give me no weapons. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Necrodancer is loving hard. I'm still trying to clear zone four for the first time on Steam and I can make it to the boss one out of every five times and then I choke. I need to janitor the item pool.

Started Shovel Knight which I beat very early on on PC. It's so good. Just a quality product.

I landed on it after struggling with Rain World. I like it. It's interesting but controlling the character is tough making simple jumps a slog and I genuinely don't understand what's going on or where to go or how. The map is hardly readable and while some icons flash on screen from time to time, I have no idea what to do regarding them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
On the topic of cadence: I just started necrodancer and am bad at it. Anyone got any tips?