Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Portrait of Ruin is awesome

Yep it might be the least liked of the ds trilogy but thats because the other two are absolutely legendary. It's like the souls series, you might have your least favorite one but your heart knows that even the worst souls games is 10x better than most of the garbage coming out on any given month

I started a dark souls 2 run recently (gently caress the haters!) and yeah still kicks rear end. Some levels like forest of fallen giants or lost Bastille are as good as anything in the other games.

Also, in my headcannon souls games are successors to games like the DS Castlevanias, they hit the right notes! I should replay the DS CVs soon...

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

japtor posted:

Also the 3D World love gives me more hope for a port sometime. And throw in all the 3D Land levels to make it “Deluxe” or whatever full price subtitle they want.

Because you'll pay it anyway lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played through Aria, Dawn and Portrait all this year and they're all fantastic. Still need to play Ecclesia

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Len posted:

Because you'll pay it anyway lol

I sure will, 3D World and Land both owned

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh apparently the Switch version of FF7 was updated and they finally fixed the music bug. Might pick it up

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh apparently the Switch version of FF7 was updated and they finally fixed the music bug. Might pick it up

AND the screen transition issue. The Switch port is now the definitive edition.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Fun Times! posted:

drat. I was going to skip replaying this in favor of 9 but now I don't know.

Never finished 9 though. Just finished 12 for the first time and it was incredible.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I sure will, 3D World and Land both owned

Not you as in you personally but that would be the subtitle.

They could just call the whole product line that and it would absolutely sell.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

empathe posted:

drat. I was going to skip replaying this in favor of 9 but now I don't know.

Never finished 9 though. Just finished 12 for the first time and it was incredible.

9 is awesome too. Hell I love every FF I've played except for 2 and 3

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bought Momhun, niddhog2, guacamelee1(never finished on wiiu) and some Western shooting gallery game for $50 total and I probably won't play any of them. All hail consumerism.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really enjoy FF7 on the Switch. I never finished it before but I likely will this time since I can slap on turbo good mode and just enjoy the pretty lights.

MM2 is in a weird sport for me.
While it's a first party game and therefore should be bought physical, it's the kind of game that's good in small-medium bursts and therefore should be digital.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Apparently the tetris99 cup is playable in the new gameboy entirely before you unlock it. I know what I'm doing today.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Where the gently caress is cadence of hyrule

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Where the gently caress is animal crossing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

Apparently the tetris99 cup is playable in the new gameboy entirely before you unlock it. I know what I'm doing today.

Someone got the link/info on what one needs to do to win the skin?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Play 1 - 50 games sometime this weekend, depending on your skill level.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh hey, they patched FF7. Only a few days after I beat it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I have no idea what I'm doing but drat is tetris99 amazing with that skin.

Also unlike the last time I tried, the matchmaking is super quick right now. I think everyone is on there right now.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh hey, they patched FF7. Only a few days after I beat it.

They fixed the music bug! I'm so happy -- I was kinda dragging my feet on it because I HATED that about the PC version. Didn't think they would, but it's awesome that they actually put some effort into the port.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone got the link/info on what one needs to do to win the skin?

You gotta get 100 points this weekend.

81-100: 1 point
51-80: 2 points

1: 100 points.

I don't remember the others but the higher you place the more points you get.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Why haven't i been playing this more, holy poo poo. Nothing like focusing back on someone trying to down you and taking them out.

Just wait till i get that t block bitch!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

Why haven't i been playing this more, holy poo poo. Nothing like focusing back on someone trying to down you and taking them out.

Just wait till i get that t block bitch!

It's really fun to just play it like normal tetris too. Like I could really start looking up how to better aim my attacks, more consistently practice t-spins, or aim for strategies, but at the end of the day, I just want to clear some lines.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Willo567 posted:

Is there a way to avoid this, like save stating before the last stage, or is it pretty much impossible to complete the first game

You can complete the game and save stating will help. It's just for some reason they used ROM PRG0 instead of PRG1 so when you reach Level 5: Stage 15 where you face Death. The game has a high chance of crashing there due to the high amount of enemies and items on screen.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's really fun to just play it like normal tetris too. Like I could really start looking up how to better aim my attacks, more consistently practice t-spins, or aim for strategies, but at the end of the day, I just want to clear some lines.

Most definitely, I just put it on attackers and then play Tetris. Just dropping tetris' on folks, hearing that chime, seeing it go out and smack half a dozen people, just makes me yell gently caress you. Loving it.

I can feel myself getting better at Tetris, too, like when to hold pieces

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fun Times! posted:

What was the screen transition issue?

I just started playing Yoku last night but might have to dump it for a nostalgic weekend.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not a Children posted:

They fixed the music bug! I'm so happy -- I was kinda dragging my feet on it because I HATED that about the PC version. Didn't think they would, but it's awesome that they actually put some effort into the port.

Here's hoping they patch FFIX by the time I get around to playing.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Ragequit posted:

What was the screen transition issue?

I just started playing Yoku last night but might have to dump it for a nostalgic weekend.

The game would go black for a few moments when transitioning between FMVs and gameplay.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

Most definitely, I just put it on attackers and then play Tetris. Just dropping tetris' on folks, hearing that chime, seeing it go out and smack half a dozen people, just makes me yell gently caress you. Loving it.

I can feel myself getting better at Tetris, too, like when to hold pieces

Yeah, definitely. I started finishing around fifty, and the last few matches I needed for the prize I was solidly sub-20 and twice in the top 10. My personal best is still 5th from the first day the game was available. I don't know if I could ever win though, I'd have to get lucky against someone who isn't a genius at the game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Here's hoping they patch FFIX by the time I get around to playing.
if they can uncouple the framerate and get the game to run at more than 15 fps I would be so happy :gbsmith:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Love to lose Tetris games because the Pro's d-pad registered my left input as up so the piece falls straight down.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Same lovely background resolution scaling though, right? Hmm. :sigh:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Beastie posted:

Love to lose Tetris games because the Pro's d-pad registered my left input as up so the piece falls straight down.

Is this with the sensitivity option active?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

bushisms.txt posted:

Is this with the sensitivity option active?

I was unaware this was set to high by default. Just knocked it down to the ideal setting. Cheers.

I'm bad at tetris!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Beastie posted:

I was unaware this was set to high by default. Just knocked it down to the ideal setting. Cheers.

I'm bad at tetris!

the pro controller d pad is inherently bad

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm still using the jumpgate's dpad caps for the joycons and they've already paid for the purchase by themselves

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Bulgakov posted:

the pro controller d pad is inherently bad

It's never done wrong by me and I got one at launch. Now the joy-cons, those are some fragile pieces of poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The D-Pad is worthless on my Pro controller, holding up will register one of the side directions if it's just slightly tilted that direction.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Get the hori dpad joycon and never worry about your dpad again

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Beastie posted:

I'm bad at tetris!

You'll get better. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

Same lovely background resolution scaling though, right? Hmm. :sigh:

Yeah that is a bit of a bummer. I last played this on a 20" CRT and will now be using a 100" projection, lmao.