Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Oxyclean posted:

Well this hasn't happened in a long while, my rocket ride bonus set is missing 1x4 yellow plate.

At least, I'm pretty sure it's missing, I don't think I dropped it or it got stuck in the bag, but this has happened so few times I'm doubting myself.

e: Wait, whats the naming convention between flat pieces with studs vs. ones with out? Smooth? Turns out i was missing the 1x4 plate but got an 1x6 smooth plate that isn't used in the set.

The smooth ones are called tiles. You can request missing pieces from the lego website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

All the modern ‘realistic’ NASA sets have been terrific so far.

:rip: the NASA SR-71 Ideas set, too beautiful for this world.

I wonder about a NASA T-38, though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:rip: the NASA SR-71 Ideas set, too beautiful for this world.

I wonder about a NASA T-38, though.

Man I’d love it, but I feel like it’d be too niche even for the NASA LEGO crowd.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

veni veni veni posted:

What do you guys think of the new Stormtrooper helmet? I feel like the old one was just flat out better. Same with the Rebel Pilot helmet but I think Lego is aware of that since they seem to have ditched it after one set.

Lego does appear to have given up on the new rebel helmet mould, however I personally think it was way nicer than the old style.

The new Stormtrooper helmet I'm undecided on. There's some angles where it looks great, others where it looks goofy. I think the best solution would of been to start duel moulding the proportions of the old helmet.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The 'new' rebel helmet people don't like is the one in the latest X-Wing set, right? I don't understand the hate at all. And which is the more recent set making people think they've reverted to the old style?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Cloks posted:

How well does that work for the various sizes of manuals?

I tried using the plastic binder sheets but this is why I stopped. The small City manuals worked well but the oddly shaped ones for bigger sets didn’t fit very well and are also much heavier and thicker than these sheets are designed to hold.

I ended up just using a plastic bin with a lid.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

smackfu posted:

I tried using the plastic binder sheets but this is why I stopped. The small City manuals worked well but the oddly shaped ones for bigger sets didn’t fit very well and are also much heavier and thicker than these sheets are designed to hold.

Same here, with the added problem that it led to the weight being so off-centre that it was warping the sheets and making the binders really unstable on their shelf. I gave up in the end and just stick them in a cardboard box and spare drawers in my brick unit, but I'm still on the lookout for better options.

I keep them around as a record of what sets I own and how to rebuild them if I want to. The Lego Life app works great for this, but only with sets from 2019 onwards and I don't entirely trust it to still be around 5-10 years down the line.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

smackfu posted:

I have my manuals all slipped into a series of manila envelopes and sitting in a filing cabinet. So far I've filled two and am over half full on the third. I should really write a list of contents on the outside but :effort:.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Filled two envelopes or two cabinets?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Cojawfee posted:

Filled two envelopes or two cabinets?

Two envelopes, good catch.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I stuff them all in one of those under the bed storage bins. I'd love to not have any instructions at all and you really don't need them in this day and age, but I don't think I could ever actually unload them all. Too much nostalgia.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I stack the big ones in the cardboard backed reclosable bags they used to come with. I really miss those. The smaller ones are just in stacks in ziplock freezer bags. Then they all go in a big box that now weighs probably close to 50lbs :pwn:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I typically put my manuals into ziploc bags, and then put those into airtight file boxes, and then put those out in my shed. No reason to keep them handy, thanks to PDFs.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://i.imgur.com/6rmv77E.mp4

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I can’t possibly be the only idiot playing LEGO Tower. Send me a friend invite so I have people to send stuff I don’t need.

https://sync.nimblebit.com/af/lt/1S61

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 17, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This would be awful for a Jellyfish/Octopus/Lovecraft build.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

IG-88 posted:

I can’t possibly be the only idiot playing LEGO Tower. Send me a friend invite so I have people to send stuff I don’t need.

https://sync.nimblebit.com/af/lt/1S61

Added

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Same.

Here's mine: https://sync.nimblebit.com/af/lt/1S63

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I've added both of you. My code is 20BM. Haven't been playing it much, so I'm only up to 9 floors. And I played TT a ton on my ipad years ago, and this game doesn't really have anything new, so I'm guessing I won't stick with it for very long.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Sounds like Lego has made the treehouse ideas set even larger as it has roughly 400 more pieces. Rumored to be out in July for VIP.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
700 dollar ideas set?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

700 dollar ideas set?

Only price rumor is 200 euros for the treehouse. There is a rumor of a $700 Super Star Destroyer release.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think it’ll be another UCS ISD. The Executor was done too recently for a redux I think.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Started building the LMP2 Technic car this weekend. Somewhere early on I think I used a pair of light grey 7-hole technic pieces instead of 5-hole ones and then later on used two black 7-hole pieces and only discovered the problem with about 5% left of the build. So next weekend I have to take the whole loving apart and then put it back together again.

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!

I added you both.

https://sync.nimblebit.com/af/lt/1TD0

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Dogen posted:

I think it’ll be another UCS ISD. The Executor was done too recently for a redux I think.

gently caress, I'd probably buy a new UCS Star Destroyer before the Falcon. I need to start putting away some money every month just for those buys, so I don't shock my bank account.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I have amassed a... problematic amount of Lego across my life. Like five Rubbermaid tubs.

I don't want it gone, I just want less. A lot less. It's become unmanageable.

A lot of it is small $10-20 sets from about 2006 to 2014. I was buying sets to manage my anxiety and I tossed all the boxes and instructions do I don't even really know what I have, but this weekend I'm going to try to sort out sets to sell. I'll be posting an SA-Mart thread in the next two weeks, and I'll post here when I do.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

Yeah it's the ISD that is rumored not the SSD. I don't think Lego would ever make an Executor that was that expensive anyways. It's not iconic enough. I also thought the rumor was $500 not $700?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Brick fan reporting rumors off reddit said $700, shrug

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Dogen posted:

Brick fan reporting rumors off reddit said $700, shrug

Pricing rumors are often wrong. Sometimes people confuse the currency. Like, maybe it's $700 australian. Either way, a $700 Star Destroyer, no matter the style, is going to be an impressively large piece.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If they release a 700 dollar star destroyer I will have an existential crisis because I will want it so bad but I don’t know if I could ever bring myself to pay that much for a LEGO set.

I bet even if it’s like $700/7000 parts it’ll be in the realm of the previous one as far as size goes. Current UCS sets are like 40% greeble parts. Also a lot of parts would probably go towards reinforcing the structure because the original UCS Star Destroyer is famous for sagging and bending over time. For that price I’d hope they’d do some interior though.

Who am I kidding I’ll probably buy it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Plastik posted:

I have amassed a... problematic amount of Lego across my life. Like five Rubbermaid tubs.

I don't want it gone, I just want less. A lot less. It's become unmanageable.

A lot of it is small $10-20 sets from about 2006 to 2014. I was buying sets to manage my anxiety and I tossed all the boxes and instructions do I don't even really know what I have, but this weekend I'm going to try to sort out sets to sell. I'll be posting an SA-Mart thread in the next two weeks, and I'll post here when I do.

Please do. I’d be down for a tub of random awesome.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah it's the ISD that is rumored not the SSD. I don't think Lego would ever make an Executor that was that expensive anyways. It's not iconic enough. I also thought the rumor was $500 not $700?

What's the ISD? Is that the one from the prequels?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's the ISD? Is that the one from the prequels?

Imperial Star Destroyer. It’s the one you probably envision when you think Star Destroyer.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It goes right along with the Tantive IV in being in the first shot of Ep IV, so makes sense for an anniversary piece coming out the same year as the Tantive IV.

Yeah who knows with the pricing, just going off what I’d seen.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder if there’s anything else from Star Wars that could actually warrant a set that big. I know there’s a lot of other big stuff in SW, but the only thing other than the falcon and a star destroyer I can see people actually buying enough to warrant producing would be an AT-AT. Everything else seems like it would either be done better at a smaller scale, or would be too niche.

Also they should make a UCS AT-AT. Cmon LEGO.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Full size AT-AT aka size of the studio model

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheMadMilkman posted:

Imperial Star Destroyer. It’s the one you probably envision when you think Star Destroyer.

Ahhh, ok. Star Destroyer and Super Star Destroyer are the ones I know by name, I don't know what the prequel and sequel trilogy ones are called. I'm glad it's the OT one.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Dogen posted:

It goes right along with the Tantive IV in being in the first shot of Ep IV, so makes sense for an anniversary piece coming out the same year as the Tantive IV.

Yeah who knows with the pricing, just going off what I’d seen.

Would be cool if it's to Tantive IV scale. Like...the size of a bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

s.i.r.e. posted:

Ahhh, ok. Star Destroyer and Super Star Destroyer are the ones I know by name, I don't know what the prequel and sequel trilogy ones are called. I'm glad it's the OT one.

OT is just imperial star destroyer. In the x wing series of games and I think some novels there’s a victory class that’s older and smaller, but I don’t know if that’s canon anymore.

PT is the venator. I dunno what they call em in the new movies.