Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Francis posted:

I'm still annoyed that as the game becomes more and more popular, they cut more and more content. Fewer dungeons, smaller-scale raids, fewer beast tribes, gender-locked races with fewer hairstyles and head options, and now, one less field zone.

I could be wrong and the sixth zone is just such a super secret spoiler that they can't show or mention it at all, but I really doubt it at this point.

The sixth zone has never been named before any of the expansions (with the exception of Azys Lla being alluded to as "the floating continent"). Which is kinda weird with the Lochs, since it's just a salt plain, but.

Also ShB is launching with more dungeons than HW and SB (9 to their 8). Similarly, the Namazu were never revealed as a Beast Tribe before SB came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Even if PoTD/HoH is the most efficent way to get exp it's better to do other things as well to keep your soul from being crushed.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

strong bird posted:

not me, i get to play it when its all done so i want more and i can easily ignore what goes into it. im sure theyre all making a good living and will be able to retire with generous benefits in the next decade or so assuming the island of japan doesnt fall into the sea or get destroyed in a nuclear war

:staredog: it's a video game we play for fun. As much as I'd love a return to three dungeons a patch it's not worth loving up anyone's lives over.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Don't know what you guys are talking about, HoH is so much fun!

(leveling DNC on release day is going to end me)

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Do your dailies before anything else for leveling, post 50 this includes LLDR, MSDR, alliance roulette, beast tribes, and hunts. Also watch your challenge log and finish them on the right job, including stuff like remembering to give comms.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Francis posted:

I don't like a single dungeon per patch. I think it's bad. I would rather have fewer leveling/launch dungeons to maintain 2 per patch. I want to return to ARR's 3 per patch.

There are already too many dungeons imo. I'm cool with them scaling back how many dungeons they do to try other things that aren't dungeons. There are too many already. I think I've run majority of the SB dungeons less than 10 times. For a lot of them, less than 5 times. I still haven't even unlocked Arboretum HM.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

strong bird posted:

not me, i get to play it when its all done so i want more and i can easily ignore what goes into it. im sure theyre all making a good living and will be able to retire with generous benefits in the next decade or so assuming the island of japan doesnt fall into the sea or get destroyed in a nuclear war

Holy poo poo. Go gently caress yourself.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://i.imgur.com/ldeJqFY.mp4

get married, today

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

strong bird posted:

Please stop being a literal crazy person.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It'd hard to compare hard mode dungeons with all new ones. On one hand they can reuse a lot of assets but even then they vary wildly. Some just take an alternate path, others may as well be an entirely new dungeon because they take routes or delve into areas that are wildly different/completely new.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Nothing in gaming will ever be as miserable as doing all the 2.x main story quests for a second time due to my own authenticator laziness and seeing that I get 4800 xp out of 2+ million for each quest.

And then realizing I spent a full bar of rested xp on level 4 of blue mage between queues.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Dungeons are great. They should add more dungeons, and harder dungeons.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The only thing hard mide dungeons really reuse is some of the environment, and usually not even all of it. All the encounters, bosses, etc are all new and that's the part that matters. It's really pretty nice.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

hobbesmaster posted:

Give it a few weeks

GUN being introduced isn't going to significantly increase tank queues if DRK's introduction is anything to go by.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Wacky Delly posted:

GUN being introduced isn't going to significantly increase tank queues if DRK's introduction is anything to go by.

While that's probably true there might also be an uncommon shortage of tanks in the 70-80 bracket for the first couple of days, since some of the people who enjoy tanking will start the expansion by leveling GNB.

There'll definitely be a ridiculous number of tanks and range damage queueing for roulettes in the 60-and-below bracket if anyone needs to level a healer.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Just in case anyone is interested in commissions of their character, there's an artist on Twitter who is giving me life. @Dokinana is their handle.

For all who are as frivolous with their spending as I am.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Wacky Delly posted:

what's gun?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Minrad posted:

what's gun?

Nothing, whats gun with you.

Shabooty
Apr 29, 2013
GUN is the military group chasing after Sonic the Hedgehog I'm pretty sure.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

strong bird posted:

gently caress off

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Minrad posted:

what's gun?

Gunbreaker, which actually abbreviates as GNB.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Edit: There's a template.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
When dark knight tanking do you you keep that 20% damage bonus buff that stops mana regeneration active in addition to your enmity/20% damage reduction buff?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

When dark knight tanking do you you keep that 20% damage bonus buff that stops mana regeneration active in addition to your enmity/20% damage reduction buff?

Yeah, there's really no reason to turn Darkside off.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SonicRulez posted:

Just in case anyone is interested in commissions of their character, there's an artist on Twitter who is giving me life. @Dokinana is their handle.

For all who are as frivolous with their spending as I am.

jfc, Yozora, why are you and your waifu so teeth-rottingly adorable. =E

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:yeah:

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Is there not gonna be a theme song and accompanying music video this time around? :( I loved Dragonsong and Revolutions.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I have been told that no, we are not getting a orchestral theme. At least the main leitmotif is really good.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The illustrated countdown has begun. 17 days remain.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Stalins Moustache posted:

Is there not gonna be a theme song and accompanying music video this time around? :( I loved Dragonsong and Revolutions.

WE FALL

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Do we know what the maintenance schedule is going to be yet?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Typically the game goes down for ~24 hours before the early access launch. I would expect the game to go down potentially early on Wednesday the 26th, be down all of Thursday, and (hopefully) come up at the listed launch time (Friday, June 28 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / 5:00 a.m. (EDT)).

In related news, you'll probably need to be wary of datamined spoilers starting the 27th.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zoig posted:

I have been told that no, we are not getting a orchestral theme. At least the main leitmotif is really good.

This is seriously disappointing :sigh:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I haven’t been completely up to date on the live letters, so I have a question: will trust dungeons have reduced XP or will it be the same? Might be nice to run dungeons on demand as a DPS after roulettes if the queues are bad

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Same exp, but trusts are slower than regular players, takes about 30 mins to run a dungeon with them. Technically this means if the queue is longer than 10 mins its about the same exp rate.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Sleng Teng posted:

I haven’t been completely up to date on the live letters, so I have a question: will trust dungeons have reduced XP or will it be the same? Might be nice to run dungeons on demand as a DPS after roulettes if the queues are bad

same xp but less loot, and they'll take longer.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Sleng Teng posted:

from what I understand XP is the same, but trusts have low damage output compared to players which makes runs significantly longer. taking queue time into account it might be roughly equal to slightly less time spent but with more of it actively engaged in content.

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I know, right? They’re giving me cavities, but I love it. Especially their picnic with their doggo. :3:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Even if clear times are slower, being able to spend more of your time actually playing the game seems like an overall win.

Not that I don’t like idling outside the FC house, but it’s nice to actually get to use my dps buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wish they had gone more into New Game+. I want to know if I can go back and do old quests to help level up my other jobs faster.