Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Astrofig posted:

My boss wants me to sign a Final Corrective Action form. I refused today so she sent me home. Now there's a message on my phone from someone at work that I'm carefully not listening to. This is my first real full time job. I need this. It feels like she's making poo poo up about me and using it as an excuse to get rid of me.

Yeah, you need to reach out to HR right now to file a complaint and hope the firing procedure isn't already started. Chances are you're gonna be let go for "gross insubordination" or something if you aren't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Our gas was cut without warning.

It was my responsibility to pay that bill, but due to my health issues I wasn't making enough to cover it for a few months so my husband took over.

Except the bank or something hosed up and his payments weren't going through. We never received any letters or emails warning us of nonpayment. They just showed up and shut the gas off. I was home and heard noise but didn't check.

We went through my husband's bank statements, the account number is correct and the payments were confirmed as going through without being refunded at all. So we have several hundred dollars missing.

We used the same bank and account number to make the outstanding payment and I provided a reference number over the phone yesterday. Gas was reconnected this afternoon. So NOW the payments are going through without is loving changing anything.

Now we have to fuckin figure out what happened to our missing money.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, national grid did the same thing here for our power despite being in talks to negotiate payment support and also under an order not to cut it due to my mom needing a machine to breathe while she sleeps. Only warning was some shitfuck smashing on the meter until a part broke off, then saying "not my problem" when called on it and driving off

National grid is a terrible company

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think I got food poisoning from a place I regularly eat from.

Like, I'm not entirely sure - I had lunch at the zoo and dinner at the aforementioned place - all I know is that the end result was upsetting.

I'm eating nothing but the BRAT diet for a few days, because I have tickets for something on Sunday and I can't be chained to my bathroom all day.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Solice was right. It kind of pushed me over the edge ala straw that broke the camels back. I spent yesterday, last night and most of today in a psych ward for trying to hang myself. I'm home now and feel ok, just tired and embarrassed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My good friend just died of brain cancer.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh god I'm so sorry :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I took today off from work and had plans to get some stuff done. Instead I woke up to my alarm, turned it off, rolled back over and slept another four hours, which I haven't done in years. then I had a terrible nightmare where I was constantly trying to find and talk to my sister, who was murdered 11 years ago, but in this dream was still alive, but I had the sense I had just this one chance to speak to her. But everything I tried I couldn't get in touch with her. Eventually, I called mom and she said that my sister should be sleeping still, so I went to her room and...the room was empty. then I woke up, and I've just got this pall of sadness covering me today and I don't feel like doing anything.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

I took today off from work and had plans to get some stuff done. Instead I woke up to my alarm, turned it off, rolled back over and slept another four hours, which I haven't done in years. then I had a terrible nightmare where I was constantly trying to find and talk to my sister, who was murdered 11 years ago, but in this dream was still alive, but I had the sense I had just this one chance to speak to her. But everything I tried I couldn't get in touch with her. Eventually, I called mom and she said that my sister should be sleeping still, so I went to her room and...the room was empty. then I woke up, and I've just got this pall of sadness covering me today and I don't feel like doing anything.

I'm truly, deeply sorry about this. I haven't really experienced loss, so I can't really relate, but I'm sorry.

Also today (yesterday really) my day was lovely because I got sexually harassed by a guy I thought was cool :shepface:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Trying to see a psychiatrist and two places now either only do cash payments or won't take my insurance. Made my insurance give me a list of motherfuckers who take it and the one I called hasn't returned my call in like a day.

If I pay out of pocket it'll be like 500 for the initial appointment and 250 for the followup. It's cheaper and easier to get a quality pistol or rifle in this country, luckily this is for possible ADD. Pisses me off.

Also thought a dentist appointment was later than it actually was, so I ended up going to work late for nothing and irritating the dentist office. What a waste.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's been almost fifteen years, when am I going to be over her?

:smith::hf::smith:

Same amount of time too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My PTSD is getting worse, and I'm now having nightly nightmares featuring car accidents. As well, my survivors guilt kicked in because here I am getting PTSD from a car accident that nobody was injured in, not like going to war, or witnessing a mass shooting or anything. Just something small and simple.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I tore my nice bag today because it got snagged on a street sign. Gonna take it to a local tailor's tomorrow, see if they can repair it.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Picnic Princess posted:

My good friend just died of brain cancer.

I guess they'll never be head of a major corporation!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If it wasn't lugging around a bigger-box-than-I-assumed box holding a lamp in the high-70s heat for the first block of the day, it's being in my apartment (warm because I'm on the third floor), setting some stuff up, and realizing that the lamp is big enough that I need to buy a small table or something so I have light and table space.

It's more of a FWP than anything, not worthy of getting into detail, but man alive can the expectations of {thing} be the reality of {thing} for just one day? :sigh:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

My friend killed his wife and himself.

We knew that he was messed up after being in Iraq and losing his hearing from running a tank turret.

We still invited him to all of our parties and included him in everything.

It just sucks. Everything sucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please don't think people are ignoring your situation, because jesus loving christ dude, but, like...I've been trying to type up a response to that multiple times and keep hitting cancel the last few hours and...I can't. There's nothing I can adequately say. I just hope you're with people who care about you and are safe. Goddamn, my condolences.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

My friend killed his wife and himself.

We knew that he was messed up after being in Iraq and losing his hearing from running a tank turret.

We still invited him to all of our parties and included him in everything.

It just sucks. Everything sucks.

That does loving suck. You did the best you could though. Kept him with you and included him. It's horrible, loving horrible, but there's nothing more you could have done. Hang in there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yeah, I wanted to say something but I didn't know what. Just, fuckin sorry because that's some awful poo poo.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That's horrible, dude, I'm so sorry.

I went to my followup appointment with my psych doc (regarding that fun little attempted hanging last week) and he basically told me I was wrong about how I felt, his diagnosis was the correct one, and basically it was my fault for being fired and also I should've been telling my emotionally-toxic housemates about this since I have no friends. Oh, but he's upping my dose of Prozac, so there's that.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Please don't think people are ignoring your situation, because jesus loving christ dude, but, like...I've been trying to type up a response to that multiple times and keep hitting cancel the last few hours and...I can't. There's nothing I can adequately say. I just hope you're with people who care about you and are safe. Goddamn, my condolences.

He said a straightforward thing, here, but not an easy thing to say, and I think it speaks for a lot of us.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
My mother in law has had a break from reality and screamed at my wife for three hours before driving away from her home at 2:30AM. No one knows where she is. I don’t know how to explain to my daughter that she’s not going to be staying with grandma anymore after summer camp.

Jesus, what a thing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
How old is your daughter? Kids can understand things earlier than you'd think. I'm still so, so sorry you're having to go through that, both you and Bert.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
someone recommended an Undertale LP by a well-known streamer a few weeks ago and I finally got around to giving it a watch recently and it's wholesome and wonderful. I made this post:

Captain Invictus posted:

aw wow, even if Etika misunderstood the entire way of how flowey works(and can't decide on how to pronounce his name) and missed how asriel became flowey, the whole bit with him tearing up after saving asriel is adorable as hell

and also, very truly and entirely cements the terribleness of youtube chat, jesus christ. dude has skin of solid titanium with the poo poo being machine-gunned into that chat scroll every single second.
which was immediately followed by this reply:
and now I'm incredibly, incredibly bummed out, because in the replies of that tweet is a screenshot of his last scheduled youtube upload from a few days ago that has a description that is just a straight up suicide note.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How old is your daughter? Kids can understand things earlier than you'd think. I'm still so, so sorry you're having to go through that, both you and Bert.

She’s five. It’s still a tough conversation and I’m torn on whether she’s ready. Or if grandma can get help, maybe I don’t have to tell her at all? That’s probably just wishful thinking though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They found him. :smith:

https://twitter.com/NYPDnews/status...ingawful.com%2F

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hosed up pretty big at work. Well, technically it wasn't my fault since I was forwarded incorrect information, but still. There's a greater than zero chance that I'm going to wind up with a "bad guy edit" in a reality TV show if I can't fix this.

I wish I were loving kidding.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Aren’t you a banker or something fornrich people?

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

My boss's wife is a huge bitch who constantly throws employees under the bus in front of customers to make herself look smart. What she doesn't realize is it just makes us all look bad.

It's been happening a lot lately but today I had to bite my tongue really hard to keep from telling her off. Can't find a new job fast enough!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Aren’t you a banker or something fornrich people?

Yup! Or at least still was when I left work today. Preemptively called in sick for tomorrow and I'm about 6 whiskeys deep right now. I'm counting on a stranger to do the right thing and in finance that is gonna take a miracle. If not a multi-multi-multi-million dollar project is going to be significantly delayed.

But that's a problem for Saturday's Solice Kirsk. Tonight my only worry is running out of WL Weller and having to switch to Willett.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

While I feel for you on a personal level, anything where rich people lose money is a plus in my book.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I decided I needed to just face this head on so now I'm at work super hungover and getting screamed at. I had 15 voicemails just from overnight. I've been on the phone since I got here at 8am.

I think I got it fixed though. Will find out in the next couple of hours. Spot of good news is I spoke to my regional leader and she said there's no way in hell they'll fire me for this since I just did what was requested. So that's something. One way or the other I told her I was taking the rest of the day off once what ever happens happens. I'm glad everyone involved is in LA right now because I wreak of booze sweats and look absolutely terrible.

edit:
Fixed it. gently caress this job. I can't wait to quit.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Jun 28, 2019

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I had my first hypoglycemic attack yesterday and took hours to recover. Now I'm at home and paranoid that every little "off" feeling is another one coming on and I'm taking my blood sugar constantly.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This morning at work my one boss left suddenly because of emergency. I was walking by and had heard screaming and crying over the phone speaker. It was really loud and I could hear the toilet flush so I waited where I was in the hallway outside to ask what was going on. He said he didnt know and that he had to go home. I told him I'd let our manager know, and he left.

At break time my coworkers were talking about the democratic debate. They are all Republicans that watch Fox so I just tuned them out like I do every other day. A few minutes later the manager walked in and said my boss's son killed himself probably by drug overdose. Just that matter-of-factly. We were all shocked and it really shook me.

Not 2 minutes later they are all talking about how drugs from Mexico are to blame and that we cant afford health insurance for everyone because they'll take half your paycheck in taxes.

I got up and walked out of the room. I worked the rest of the day and just kept pissing myself off. God gently caress America you piece of poo poo.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
we have loving concentration camps in real life right now and i don't have the power to stop them

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

child abuse flashbacks in the middle of the night are pretty crappy, it turns out

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I got to print some Boomer religious hate speech in my local newspaper, today.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm being sued for attacking someone I've never heard of (rather viciously, if this document I've got is to be believed) in a place I've never been to.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My first shift back from my first vacation in almost ten years and my relief still has not arrived. Almost two hours now.

E: Someone finally showed up! Four loving hours later!

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Jul 6, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Intoluene posted:

I'm being sued for attacking someone I've never heard of (rather viciously, if this document I've got is to be believed) in a place I've never been to.

This may be a scam. Just sounds like the beginning of a "just send us $500 and we'll clear this up for you, it's obviously a mistake" type thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Around midnight, my cat caught a mouse and jumped into bed with me with it in its mouth and proceeded to drop it on my chest while I was semi asleep. I just softly screamed ahhh ahhh ahhhh and she looked confused at my lack of appreciation and took off with it back into the kitchen. Lovely. :catstare: