Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had an annual pass for several years and enjoyed going frequently with family and friends

AMA but I might just answer with an unrelated funny picture if you are mean and/or dumb

edit: gently caress: like this one, maybe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Even eagles make fun of that stupid anime girl face!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I made an A/T Thread a few years ago about my work as a theme park engineer; think theres enough interest for a general Theme Park Thread?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Super Waffle posted:

I made an A/T Thread a few years ago about my work as a theme park engineer; think theres enough interest for a general Theme Park Thread?

It seems like it will be mostly people complaining about how other people have fun

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Super Waffle posted:

The Disney World thread also talks about other parks in the Disney vicinity on both coasts. It's the closest we have to a general theme park thread.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

wavy gravy
Oct 23, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

There’s a really good book called Dark Emu that goes into how advanced a civilisation Indigenous Australians had before the country got invaded in 1788. One of their most interesting farming methods was kangaroo farming - they’d herd waves of kangaroos into kill zones as needed. Kanga meat is incredibly lean and good for you, and is really something Australia should look at farming more.

Other revelations from the book include the fact that the interior of the continent was actually farmed by pre-contact Indigenous tribes, who would grow and store grain. A number of these grain stores were raided by explorer parties, including at least one looking for Burke and Wills.

Most Indigenous farmland was immediately destroyed by European sheep, who ate the crops and trampled the soil into its current arid state.

Oh my god so im hella late to the thread but this is so important.
https://i.imgur.com/XwXpfVa.png
Australia has the oldest continuous culture on the planet, 60 000 years of society, and we whities came in, claim the country 'empty' steamroll and decimate and now, in this day, look down on them as second class. like, loving really?
and dumb racist fucks have the AUDACITY to claim 'gently caress off we're full'. ohhmm....

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZUePuWI
https://imgur.com/gallery/YDeGyYG

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, my niece's wedding was in the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian. Because her bio Dad bailed on helping out the wedding was at 7:30 AM.

That at least made it cooler, and the reception was brunch style. For extra fun, I sent my coworkers a shot of me with champagne asking "How's work going?".

The best food we had was at Sanaa - I went with Indian, Mrs Underbridge went for African and we split the naan sampler.

Really good food, but the rest of the parks were "Ok, seen it."

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You guys ever been to Brand Park™? We should talk about Brand Park™. How many time a year should we all go to Brand Park™? I'm gonna say... a lot!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

JoelJoel posted:

You guys ever been to Brand Park™? We should talk about Brand Park™. How many time a year should we all go to Brand Park™? I'm gonna say... a lot!

I prefer Fake Theme Park
https://twitter.com/FakeThemePark/status/1138239330873479168

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/kocizum/status/1139615763336171525

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Seriously though, those Boston Dynamic motherfuckers are going to destroy the world.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Found the full video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjCWfuvYxQ

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

There's something really unpleasant about these videos. Stop hurting the shiny person!!!
If they were dog-shaped bots rather than people-shaped, it would be a whole new level of awful.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Those are actually not Boston dynamics. They're videos making fun of Boston dynamics. The robot is actually a guy in a mocap suit

Note the "bosstown dynamics" watermark

e: I'm sure most people realised this but I can't tell what level of irony you are operating on

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 08:41 on Jun 15, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Aren't those the same people that did the airsoft Marco Polo? The room looks familiar.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Tree Bucket posted:

There's something really unpleasant about these videos. Stop hurting the shiny person!!!
If they were dog-shaped bots rather than people-shaped, it would be a whole new level of awful.

There's that one of the dog-shaped robo trying to open the door. It makes me sad.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Robokomodo posted:

You probated him for this? Lol

Yeah, that was stupid. The only one complaining about that post was Guy Goodbody but he has some mysterious power over the mods, probably has dirt on them, it's best not to tangle with him

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/pochowek/status/1139506642117111810

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

this was great until dude ran in with a steel chair, then it became loving incredible

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I post this despite the fact that in doing so I virtually guarantee that the next page will just be people posting tweets from this account

https://twitter.com/wiki_tmnt/status/1139778360714780674

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gripweed posted:

I post this despite the fact that in doing so I virtually guarantee that the next page will just be people posting tweets from this account

https://twitter.com/wiki_tmnt/status/1139778360714780674

Thank you, I'm just going to read the tweets and have a sensible chuckle to myself. We should probably all do the same.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, that was stupid. The only one complaining about that post was Guy Goodbody but he has some mysterious power over the mods, probably has dirt on them, it's best not to tangle with him

Mods hate it when people post

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Reign Of Pain posted:

Mods hate it when people post

If people never posted at all then the mods' job would be at least 40% easier

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

No, he deserved it.
He must've thought he was on a comedy forum called Something Awful.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well if they went along with my suggestion that the mod forums be moderated by regular users the problem would just solve itself.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You can make jokes without being misogynistic. I do it all the time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Phlegmish posted:

We don't talk about mod favoritism

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Who What Now posted:

We don't talk about mod favoritism

Mods knew, and approved, which makes sense with so many of them being creeps.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Beachcomber posted:

Seriously though, those Boston Dynamic motherfuckers are going to destroy the world.

Good

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Our machine children shall inherit the Earth.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If people never posted then children would be in even more danger.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

this was great until dude ran in with a steel chair, then it became loving incredible

How do I save a twitter video/gif

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nazattack posted:

How do I save a twitter video/gif

I linked the original youtube video a few posts up :ssh:.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I linked the original youtube video a few posts up :ssh:.

I got that, but this was the boil over event for twitter gifs being impossible to save through conventional methods.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The king has spoken

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/1139616103137603584?s=19

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I want to invade Iran now just so I don't have to agree with Ben Garrison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

1stGear posted:

I want to invade Iran now just so I don't have to agree with Ben Garrison.

Cool that you're more than happy to agree with John Bolton