Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Frank Lampard deserves a PL job more than Potter for what he accomplished last season. Derby's squad was poor apart from the loan players, and Wilson's purple patch only lasted a few months. Incredible to get them into the playoffs a a first-time manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
at this point frank lampard is less of a fraud than ole

and he also doesnt have to deal with paul loving pogba

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I've crunched the numbers and this is all correct.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

United fans lolin at Frank :ironicat:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

United fans lolin at Frank :ironicat:

Are they though? Or have you seen it on dumb United fan twitter

(I am not dumb United fan twitter)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bundy posted:

Are they though? Or have you seen it on dumb United fan twitter

(I am not dumb United fan twitter)

Do not sign all your sentences! :twisted:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

Do not sign all your sentences! :twisted:

Motherfucker!!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

wooger posted:

Judging by the Champions league final broadcast on YouTube, BT Sports football coverage is worth exactly zero, and has a worse picture quality than the fileziest :filez:

Are you saying that they put it on YouTube because nobody subbed? I think UEFA make every rights holder show the final online free to air.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Eau de MacGowan posted:

at this point frank lampard is less of a fraud than ole

Such Great Heights

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Spuckuk posted:

Such Great Heights

otoh he's also about the same amount of fraud as pep when he got given the reins at barca

what im saying is

do it chelsea

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
lampard will last 6 months before being sacked

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Chelsea won’t sack Lampard, it’ll be a “rebuilding” year and they can blame all the bad stuff on Sarri

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

wooger posted:

They also hold a special place in hell for making it impossible to watch UFC content timeshifted to the next morning online regardless of how much you pay them or the UFC.

I tell my skybox to record UFC then watch it in the morning so I'm not sure what you are specifically talking about here.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

wooger posted:

Judging by the Champions league final broadcast on YouTube, BT Sports football coverage is worth exactly zero, and has a worse picture quality than the fileziest :filez:

I watched it on the regular BT Sport website player, and it was fine (apart from occassionally having to listen to Michael Owen, but I don't blame their technology for that).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Don't really know how you can complain about a free 4k stream. Must be your lovely Internet

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Never had a pic quality issue on the BT Sport HD channels tbh. I'm just no longer willing to double my tv/broadband costs for this bullshit.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bundy posted:

Never had a pic quality issue on the BT Sport HD channels tbh. I'm just no longer willing to double my tv/broadband costs for this bullshit.

This a thousand times. The broadcasters treat football fans with such contempt. How does the number of matches being shown compare to the price of getting them on your telly (in your home or in your pub) over the last 5 years? It feels like we get the same number of matches but we have to pay 50-100% more year on year. The quality sucks but it looks like I'll be streaming next year because this poo poo is loving ridiculous.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Mickolution posted:

Are you saying that they put it on YouTube because nobody subbed? I think UEFA make every rights holder show the final online free to air.

No, I’m saying the video broadcast via YouTube had spectacularly bad graphical glitches, consistently throughout the entire game - players shirts bleeding into the background. Nothing to do with internet connection, everyone was affected the same.

Check out the champ league final thread for evidence.

They did not make a good impression on potential customers.

fat gay nonce posted:

I tell my skybox to record UFC then watch it in the morning so I'm not sure what you are specifically talking about here.

ONLINE, as in I have an internet connection but no Sky or BT television subscription, and don’t want them. Their online only service (if it still exists) took months to put up events. And as BT’s deal with UFC requires them to blacklist UK subscribers to UFC fightpass from watching recent events, there’s no option there either.

Recording things is ridiculous, iPlayer type functionality on all platforms is table stakes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

This a thousand times. The broadcasters treat football fans with such contempt. How does the number of matches being shown compare to the price of getting them on your telly (in your home or in your pub) over the last 5 years? It feels like we get the same number of matches but we have to pay 50-100% more year on year. The quality sucks but it looks like I'll be streaming next year because this poo poo is loving ridiculous.

I pay $50/year and can watch literally every single match of the Premier League season if I have enough screens, it's hilarious how the UK gets dicked around on coverage.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Chelsea are going to have a worse season than the mourinho meltdown one

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Shrapnig posted:

I pay $50/year and can watch literally every single match of the Premier League season if I have enough screens, it's hilarious how the UK gets dicked around on coverage.

This is deliberate, to ensure people still go to games.

It’s the same here with US sports FWIW - NFL gamepass is ~£100 and includes all games live and time shifted.

Though at least RedZone exists in the US. An equivalent service in the UK would be very appealing. For non NFL fans: RedZone shows whichever game is most interesting at any given moment (or multiple in boxes), shows all touchdowns live, and instant replays anything fun.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

mila kunis posted:

With Hazard leaving and the transfer ban this was always going to be the case

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

wooger posted:

This is deliberate, to ensure people still go to games.

It’s the same here with US sports FWIW - NFL gamepass is ~£100 and includes all games live and time shifted.

Though at least RedZone exists in the US. An equivalent service in the UK would be very appealing. For non NFL fans: RedZone shows whichever game is most interesting at any given moment (or multiple in boxes), shows all touchdowns live, and instant replays anything fun.

No, they should just show all the matches. The last Sunday of the season is always loving terrible because of the over hyped "we'll show you ALL THE DRAMA on the last day of the season" and it's impossible to actually watch a match, especially if you don't want to watch the 2-4 matches they ram down your throat. Most people have more than one screen these days, we don't need that poo poo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Barry Shitpeas posted:

With Hazard leaving and the transfer ban this was always going to be the case

Miazga will grab the league by the balls and Chelsea fans will be happy again.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

mila kunis posted:

people have been predicting doom for Chelsea for years and looking very smart for that

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

hadji murad posted:

people have been predicting doom for Chelsea for years and looking very smart for that

I believe OP

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
chelsea are not doomed and the team could be managed by a literal chimp without getting relegated, but it's funny to think of lampard doing so poorly that they'd become the next manchester united

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

hadji murad posted:

people have been mediocrity for Chelsea for years and looking very smart for that

They're not even the best dodgy oil club any more. Imagine your team going into permanent decline because the owners marriage failed, lol.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If Lampard comes in as manager, which it sounds like he's going to, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Hudson-Odoi and RLC should be healthy in the fall, the defense is good, Pulisic could easily hit the ground running, we still have Kante, and if Bats, Giroud and Abraham are the strikers that could be enough to finish top 4.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think especially non-chelsea fans want to see fat frank at Chelsea and hell, I'm one of them

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'd be concerned that Bielsa sniffed him out so easily (playoffs result aside) and wonder if he can develop a more varied approach.

Chelsea fans should be more concerned about Tammy Abraham missing loads of chances next season

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
oh we’re quite used to strikers missing chances

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Who would be first choice striker for Chelsea? Sure it has to be Big Oli Giroud because he’s still real fucken good

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Top 6 striker Giroud

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Vegetable posted:

Who would be first choice striker for Chelsea? Sure it has to be Big Oli Giroud because he’s still real fucken good

Giroud brings in players more than being a reliable striker no?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
can't wait for the newcastle takeover to be finalised today

please

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

can't wait for the newcastle takeover to be finalised today

please

13 days until the return of Alan Pardew on a 10 year contract, John Carver on 15, and an announcement that the club is no longer for sale and off the market

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

13 days until the return of Alan Pardew on a 10 year contract, John Carver on 15, and an announcement that the club is no longer for sale and off the market

wonder what shefki kuqi is up to

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

Get Fitz Hall and Fabrice Pancrate back too, he scored a banger against Watford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kcer posted:

Managing badly in Finland. He got fired from his last job in 2018 after he tried to fire his assistant managers, and the club's owner fired him instead. So now he's mostly a "footballing expert" for Unibet.

But he's said recently that he wants to manage Ipswich and take them "to the top".

So. You know.