Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

No more weird adult loving please.

Let’s not kid ourselves, the game’s gonna let you gently caress a mass murderer, nothing matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

RichterIX posted:

Is it worth it to play Raidou 1 at this point? I remember hearing 2 was better in basically every way

Soulless Army isn't bad, so if you want to play it, go for it.

King Abaddon is legitimately just better at everything and is one of the best SMT games period. Arguably even the best. There's some plot stuff that you probably wouldn't get at first, since it is a sequel, but that's all really.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 15, 2019

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

RichterIX posted:

Is it worth it to play Raidou 1 at this point? I remember hearing 2 was better in basically every way

I personally dug Raidou 1's aesthetic and setting more. Maybe it's because I study late 1890s/1900s East Asia, but the partial Westernisation of the Capital and the mix of old and new really hits my buttons.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
King abbadon never came out in europe :argh:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

super-redguy posted:

I personally dug Raidou 1's aesthetic and setting more. Maybe it's because I study late 1890s/1900s East Asia, but the partial Westernisation of the Capital and the mix of old and new really hits my buttons.

Raidou 1 was a really neat game, yeah

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
king abaddon is the only smt game i own that i had to quit out of boredom

the kansai accents grated and the demon negotiation system in that one was by far the worst of any i've played, though i never tried the first two smt titles

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
well I'm in the middle of a hundred games but gently caress it what's one more

time to start playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry Series: Overclocked Redux

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

TheKingofSprings posted:

Let’s not kid ourselves, the game’s gonna let you gently caress a mass murderer, nothing matters

it's okay if it's the same age group, mom!!!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dragonatrix posted:

Soulless Army isn't bad, so if you want to play it, go for it.

King Abaddon is legitimately just better at everything and is one of the best SMT games period. Arguably even the best. There's some plot stuff that you probably wouldn't get at first, since it is a sequel, but that's all really.
This. It's like going from new hotness to good warmth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I enjoy how Persona 5 hyperbole has now reached the point where the game both is lovely for how it treats gay people (which is totally valid, don't ge tme wrong) but also apparently there is a 100% chance it is going to have a gay romance so people can get upset over it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
they kept the gay panic beach scene in persona 3 through two different remasters

not that there's anything nearly that bad in persona 5 but RGG studios is setting an example that ATLUS needs to follow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Add more weird adult loving but have it be with someone who is more interesting than spoiled milk aka Sae

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
let me date goth sae

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Captain Baal posted:

Add more weird adult loving but have it be with someone who is more interesting than spoiled milk aka Sae

Well MAYBE if you let me date Sae I would be able to fond out more about her :colbert:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Add a polygamous relationship between Joker, Sae and Makoto. They need to top Kawakami somehow.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

CJ posted:

Add a polygamous relationship between Joker, Sae and Makoto. They need to top Kawakami somehow.

I don't know if Kawakami would be into that but okay

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
Just let Meguro direct the whole game again.

Bring back rumors, Hitler, canon bi protagonists, and the Gigadad

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Philemon is a lazy gently caress.

Hopefully Persona 6 is not eight years away or something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
SMT V is vaporware but i still believe

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't both SMTIV games sell relatively well? Like obviously not "FE: Awakening or Fates" (games on the 3DS) well or even "Persona 5" (same publishing company) well, but decent enough sales?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

SMT V is vaporware but i still believe

smt4 was pretty popular, for a niche jrpg series, i thought? like smt has always had long breaks between their mainline games so i wouldn't really be worried

like it was 10 years between 2 to nocturne, and nocturne to 4

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah I was mostly joking, but it's been like two years since the first trailer and I was really hoping for another at Nintendo's E3 direct. It only entered full scale development a year ago so I'll stay strong

this trailer still rules tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TepXZN3Pw8o

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 15, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
(SMTIV Spoilers) I hope Odin's back in a main role for V and he's all "THEM. loving. HUNTERS/SAMURAI! :argh::rant:

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

they kept the gay panic beach scene in persona 3 through two different remasters

not that there's anything nearly that bad in persona 5 but RGG studios is setting an example that ATLUS needs to follow.

Are we talking about the same RGG Studios that has Kazuma Kiryu be molested by a transsexual. Then outside then love hotel you are approached by a mafia looking dude who is angry you are threatening his brother. So you beat him up, then the original transsexual runs up and gives you poo poo for beating up her sister. So you beat her up too.

I mean I love Yakuza, but I'm pretty sure RGG has just as many issues. Some of the stuff is pretty progressive and okay, but there are lots more examples across the Yakuza games, anything to do with Okama Bar Earth Angel stradles a line for sure. There is also the sidequest chain in 3 where a huge muscular drag queen chases you across town trying to assault you. That one at least is getting cut in the remaster? Where does Be My Baby from Kiwami 2 factor in to this?

Zushio fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 16, 2019

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The lesson here is that video games, especially Japanese video games, aren't very good at this sort of thing.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Philemon is a lazy gently caress.

Hopefully Persona 6 is not eight years away or something.

Actually, Philemon was much more open with instructions than Igor has been since he had to take over...

"Getting used to your personas? Go to SEBEC, that's where the plot is." or alternately, "Okay, that was a real screw up. To defeat the Snow Queen, you'll need this mirror. Yes I know this is just a frame, the pieces are in dungeons attached to your school."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hellioning posted:

The lesson here is that video games, especially Japanese video games, aren't very good at this sort of thing.
play more japanese video games than the big mainstream ones, please

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Zushio posted:

Where does Be My Baby from Kiwami 2 factor in to this?

Sorry, but its always going to be appropriate to laugh at grown men who like to wear diapers and act like babies.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

play more japanese video games than the big mainstream ones, please

Any recommendations?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hmmm, try out the atelier games? my friend is playing through one now and those are pretty chill. touhou? never played one but they're not at all subtle by my understanding

Ryu Ga Gotoku studios also came out and said they'd be removing all that garbage from Yakuza 3, and that was right around the time the Catherine remake news broke so it was very funny

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Zushio posted:

Where does Be My Baby from Kiwami 2 factor in to this?

my point was that RGG studios admitted all that poo poo was hosed up and cut it from the remake, while ATLUS was eating poo poo for the Catherine remaster.

e:fb.

As for Kiwami 2, you either didn't finish that sidequest or somehow completely missed the point? I don't know what's offensive about it.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Oh I wasn't saying it was offensive. Just more musing about how strange it was. It's actually a pretty funny scenario and has a good lesson without any actual kink shaming. It happens to be a typically absurd Yakuza quest that involves sexuality. Which is what usually happens tbh in RGG games. Even the barest hint of sexuality is an excuse to go full blown nonsense mode most of the time.

I mean, Kazuma Kiryu is a virgin who has never killed anyone canonically.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

touhou? never played one but they're not at all subtle by my understanding
Actually, I think that, for all its lack of subtlety, Touhou is pretty good at not beating you over the head with its (admittedly still strong) "Don't be a bigoted/exclusionary/discriminating piece of poo poo" messages.

It's why I love the series, though. Looooove me some Touhou. :)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
mother fucker shot a helicopter down with a pistol and it literally exploded in front of a highway chase, and that was a story mission

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Tae posted:

mother fucker shot a helicopter down with a pistol and it literally exploded in front of a highway chase, and that was a story mission
Parachutes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

He didn't kill them, the explosion did.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wonder if Nyarly will come back at all with the reappearance of Cthulhu critters.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Cuntellectual posted:

I wonder if Nyarly will come back at all with the reappearance of Cthulhu critters.

We wonder this every time.

I mean I'll keep hoping.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i accept that the persona i grew up and got enamored with is an entirely different series and hoping for stuff from that bloc of games is just setting myself up for disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

In PQ2 are you able to use the DLC Subpersonas at any level or do you have to be at theirs? Probably not going to pick any up but Magatsu Izunagi Picaro looks cool as hell.