Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I love the Shuli v Brent thing, even if it somewhat contrived.
Brent: You couldn't swing. You're too much of a pussy.
Shuli: Yeah, I am totally too much of a pussy to let a stranger gently caress my wife...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Artie just might live out Tan Mom

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tan-mom-hospitalized-critical-condition-143725423.html

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

VODKA STRAIGHT UP THANK YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Hahaha, who wrote this article?
"Tan Mom recently relocated to Florida from New Jersey to work on her music career. She has recently seen a surge of success after her hit song “Free To Be Me” debuted on the Howard Stern Show and became an anthem heard by millions of people around the world."

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Robin can surprise you with the occasional burn on guys like Memet, but then she goes and says something idiotic like the men who went ashore on D-Day weren't heroic because they were ordered to go. It wasn't their idea so it doesn't count as heroism or something.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Former Human posted:

Robin can surprise you with the occasional burn on guys like Memet, but then she goes and says something idiotic like the men who went ashore on D-Day weren't heroic because they were ordered to go. It wasn't their idea so it doesn't count as heroism or something.

She tapes magnets behind her ears.

Also, she might be right about the soldiers. The "hero" title seems to get thrown around a lot in recent years.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Former Human posted:

That's up there with sully (landing the plane in the Hudson after a bird strike) not being celebrated because all he did was his job. It's like she's super insecure about not contributing anything of beneficial, positive substance to society with her career or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

beep by grandpa posted:

That's up there with sully (landing the plane in the Hudson after a bird strike) not being celebrated because all he did was his job. It's like she's super insecure about not contributing anything of beneficial, positive substance to society with her career or something.

Yeah, see, here's thing thing; you (not you personally, so I guess I should say 'one') can be pedantic and 'uhh, actually' about all of that poo poo, but at the very least, at the most basic of thoughts about people going to war, those people were put through poo poo almost 99% of us couldn't even imagine. I'm going to assume the worst, in that she likely isn't very thankful. Am I close, from what any of you can tell? "Why should I thank them? They HAD to do it!"

I'm not the least surprised that Robin is an overwhelming poo poo-head about all of this, of course. If her narrow definition of 'hero' is 'someone who goes and does something that they didn't have to', then fine, she can just wallow in that bullshit.

Btw, this all comes from someone who, while I appreciate their sacrifice, isn't that much a fan of the military in general. Still, gently caress you Robin.

"Hai, Freyd!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Robin gets lines written for her as well...just not the same amount as Howard etc..
She clearly has no patience with Memet and its obvious.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, see, here's thing thing; you (not you personally, so I guess I should say 'one') can be pedantic and 'uhh, actually' about all of that poo poo, but at the very least, at the most basic of thoughts about people going to war, those people were put through poo poo almost 99% of us couldn't even imagine. I'm going to assume the worst, in that she likely isn't very thankful. Am I close, from what any of you can tell? "Why should I thank them? They HAD to do it!"

I'm not the least surprised that Robin is an overwhelming poo poo-head about all of this, of course. If her narrow definition of 'hero' is 'someone who goes and does something that they didn't have to', then fine, she can just wallow in that bullshit.

Btw, this all comes from someone who, while I appreciate their sacrifice, isn't that much a fan of the military in general. Still, gently caress you Robin.

"Hai, Freyd!

Well, Robin is a "34"

She fuken hated Dr. Drew after that LOL.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

JB50 posted:

Well, Robin is a "34"

Robin: Artie is what we call a "Dry Drunk."
Arite: What was that, 34?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kolby posted:

Robin: Artie is what we call a "Dry Drunk."
Arite: What was that, 34?

Reminds me of Eric's anger over essentially being King of the Wack Pack.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JB50 posted:

Well, Robin is a "34"

I've said it before but the best thing ever was she was blatantly hitting on dr drew during that show up until that moment. It made the bombshell so so much sweeter

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Robin was in the Air Force, so you have to like her, too. :D

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

Robin was in the Air Force, so you have to like her, too. :D

This makes her platform make even less sense :psyduck:

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

The real question is what does she get on the ugly meter app?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Lmao what a pathetic title to hold: "Adam Barta, Tan Mom’s longtime producer"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Artie being released from prison to return to rehab. Turn the page.
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/06/artie-lange-released-jail-back-to-rehab-drug-court-addiction-probation/

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

article posted:

In his latest disturbing mugshot, Lange’s nose looked completely flattened, which he has claimed was caused by a brawl with a bookie.
Yea that's what happened and that's how our bodies work

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
51 years old. Jesus. Looks 112.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Peak physical condition

https://twitter.com/sternshow/status/1138784819368923136?s=21

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So... can we start the healing process after the gayest moment in the history of the show? Benjy between Sal and Richard to give each a handjob on Wednesday. To take it even further, he got nothing but air time for it.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 15, 2019

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Lifespan posted:

So... can we start the healing process after the gayest moment in the history of the show?

Listen, the show has evolved. What do you do for a living?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I was going to argue against the implication that 'healing' was called for after something gay happened, but when you look at everyone involved, ugh. You're right. :negative:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Saw "Howard Stern Comes Again" on the shelf at the drug store today. 25% off.

I suppose it could just be on sale for Father's day or something, and not just a "get this thing off our shelves" sale. But my initial reaction was "wow, already"?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

That's just how book sales are now.
I suspect that Howard won't be at the top of the NYTimes Bestseller list for long, after his fans and the people sucked in by the initial media push buy their copies, I think it's gonna fall off hard... No long tail for Howie.

That said, I think Howard is going to do well selling books at places like Costco.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Also, the book is a $35 hardback. He will do the LA shows later this year once the paperback is out and it will pop again for a short time. They will all make some nice money off of it, but it's not going to move the needle overall. Like a lot of folks, I'm a fan of the show but could not be less interested in the book.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Squashy Nipples posted:

That's just how book sales are now.
I suspect that Howard won't be at the top of the NYTimes Bestseller list for long, after his fans and the people sucked in by the initial media push buy their copies, I think it's gonna fall off hard... No long tail for Howie.

That said, I think Howard is going to do well selling books at places like Costco.

I saw the book for $19 at Costco the week it was released, I was pretty shocked since it was listed for $35 on Amazon.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Everyone knows you wait for the paperback which will have maybe two bonus transcribed interviews.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Hi I'm Darth Nihilus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxUWtNJICVY

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Everyone knows you wait for the paperback which will have maybe two bonus transcribed interviews.

Fingers crossed for Lena Dunham and Chelsea Handler!!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

it's going to break howard's brain when the knights of the old republic trilogy comes out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Have we always known Howard and robin hosed 20 years ago

KOAB brought it up last week

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

euphronius posted:

Uhhh, not sure, cause I didnt hear that...but did Robin and Howard confirm it?
If it came of out KOABs mouth then its probably total lie.

MOEN FAUCETS!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

That's right around when he would have officially left Allison.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

From marks friggen

After the break they played REM's ''Losing My Religion'' as they were coming back. Howard came back and took a call from King of All Blacks who said he has two questions. He asked if Robin Givens was the only... Howard cut him off saying he doesn't want to talk about that. Howard asked if that's the only black woman he dated. He said he's married now and he loves every kind of woman.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

Now THAT would have been a book revelation worth the build-up and speculation.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That Swap Shop call this morning was the greatest... I was riding the train to work when I heard it, but if I was driving I would have driven my car off the road

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Astro7x posted:

That Swap Shop call this morning was the greatest... I was riding the train to work when I heard it, but if I was driving I would have driven my car off the road

I hope they prank that host again. Dude was a total dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I assume you mean Robin Givens. I don't recall him talking about that in the past, but she was the one that talked about it openly last week and he didn't act like it was anything new: https://people.com/tv/robin-givens-howard-stern-magnificent-lover/

Quivers, yeah that would have moved books. I super doubt it as their relationship seems more like siblings, but anything is possible.