Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

I farmed a Headhunter in 66 hours and you can too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't I'm busy
What did you do to farm it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

interrodactyl posted:

Vaal it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Elentor posted:

I can't I'm busy
What did you do to farm it

I'm guessing play roughly 1000 Burial Chambers for Doctor cards...although 1000 maps per card is probably more accurate.

Also,

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Golden Hand job

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

one time I got a nurse card

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
My overall strategy was just to buy Nurse / Doctor cards as early as I could.

Day 1, leveled as quickly as you can and start doing the chaos recipe ASAP. I set up my quad tabs and filters specifically to make this easier as I was pushing. Some things to ask yourself if the chaos recipe is still worth it:

- How much is 2c relative to my overall net worth?
- How much is 2c relative to my next upgrade / item I want to buy?
- Is it easier for me to generate currency in other ways?

Since trade API was hosed I just focused on generating as much currency through the recipe as possible while looking for rares that would get me into maps. Got into maps ~8 hours from start.

The rest was just pushing map tiers really early and selling my excess maps until I hit T16s. Killed Shaper on a 5L on day 3 and got my Elder Orb, and then stopped upgrading my ED character.

Experimented with farming Strand for Legion for a little while, but selling map drops was still really profitable, so I kept doing T16 burial chambers with a Shaper Stronghold and never dropped a single Doctor.

Nothing too crazy; just play efficiently, and play quickly with a focused goal. The cards inflated like crazy over the course of a week so I knew that getting ahead on the first few days would make a huge difference.

I dropped 3 Nurse cards and never dropped a single Doctor.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I want a flask tab that looks like a vending machine. Make it a hidden storage I can stuff with flasks and spots to link to the currency tab for the orbs you'd want for flasks.

also

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

interrodactyl posted:

My overall strategy was just to buy Nurse / Doctor cards as early as I could.

Day 1, leveled as quickly as you can and start doing the chaos recipe ASAP. I set up my quad tabs and filters specifically to make this easier as I was pushing. Some things to ask yourself if the chaos recipe is still worth it:

- How much is 2c relative to my overall net worth?
- How much is 2c relative to my next upgrade / item I want to buy?
- Is it easier for me to generate currency in other ways?

Since trade API was hosed I just focused on generating as much currency through the recipe as possible while looking for rares that would get me into maps. Got into maps ~8 hours from start.

The rest was just pushing map tiers really early and selling my excess maps until I hit T16s. Killed Shaper on a 5L on day 3 and got my Elder Orb, and then stopped upgrading my ED character.

Experimented with farming Strand for Legion for a little while, but selling map drops was still really profitable, so I kept doing T16 burial chambers with a Shaper Stronghold and never dropped a single Doctor.

Nothing too crazy; just play efficiently, and play quickly with a focused goal. The cards inflated like crazy over the course of a week so I knew that getting ahead on the first few days would make a huge difference.

I dropped 3 Nurse cards and never dropped a single Doctor.

I see, thank you very much for the run down.

So basically "you're hosed".

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

interrodactyl posted:

nope, i cant. and i am ok with that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Just want to put this here but https:/poemap.live is the most amazing thing for getting your maps. You use an easy to use UI and select the maps you have for trade and the ones you want and it pops in who has that combo. You can wait for whispers or whisper yourself. And it authenticates with poe official site so someone cant pretend to be you. This should be in the OP IMO. Here is a look at the layout.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I got that prophecy that lets you inherit the mods of a rare enemy and it was fun and the closest I'll ever be to a headhunter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can always run like 4 inspired learnings lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
My plan for head Hunter is to just buy a nice refurbed standard one after another league or two

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The galaxy brain idea is to run HH AND inspired learning, as they're technically different effects you can potentially get double rare mob buffs.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
If I ever get a headhunter I will immediately vaal it because I'm not a coward :toxx:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I'm incubating a valuable unique item right now so that's how I plan to get a headhunter.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

is there a good build guide for scourge arrow kickin around anyplace?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Benson Cunningham posted:

I'm incubating a valuable unique item right now so that's how I plan to get a headhunter.

grats on your Bitterdream

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

4.0 is going to make bitter dream good

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Bitterdream is actually pretty good for its level, the vendoring result is the worst part about it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I really appreciate the tab in gstash for those

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

McFrugal posted:

Bitterdream is actually pretty good for its level, the vendoring result is the worst part about it.

if i had a dollar for every time i've gone 'where did all these random skill gems in my inventory come from'

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I keep running into Shaggy Monstrosities in maps this league, kinda like the game is laughing at my dreams of a chaos bear summoner.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

I really appreciate the tab in gstash for those

it was originally just a rgb linked bitterdream so the tab name made sense but now its the official bitterdream tab and thats ok

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
while thinking about rolling another character, has anyone tried RF slayer?
Slayer gets tons of aoe, aoe for endurance from tree, frenzy for endurance charges of which we get 7,
more damage after kills and more damage against uniques.
Tree gives 0.6% life regen per charge, kaoms ring 0.4 for 1% life / charge, 7 frenzy on top for some more damage and +2 to max fire res.

Quickly hosed together this lvl 90 hipster RF "build" and i dont know if it could work or not:
https://pastebin.com/8M1HDCxA

Opinions?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

can anyone post about how to farm fossils in delve?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

can anyone post about how to farm fossils in delve?

In short:
Do a long delve, as in "the 2 nodes are far apart"
Then walk back where you came along the lit cable, and run into every sideway throwing flares as darkness fills your heart with pain.
Eventually you will find fossil nodes, or walls, or resonators, or die if you dont log out fast enough or run out of flares.
Which fossils you can find depends on the biome youre in, theres charts out there if you want to farm specific ones.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

My RNG luck and changed dramatically since the last league.

Last time I never got a single exalted orb to drop, and barely got any chaos orbs.

Right now I am level 68 sitting on 23 chaos and 3 exalted(one dropped, 2 from selling an essence worm).

:feelsgood:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

Just want to put this here but https:/poemap.live is the most amazing thing for getting your maps. You use an easy to use UI and select the maps you have for trade and the ones you want and it pops in who has that combo. You can wait for whispers or whisper yourself. And it authenticates with poe official site so someone cant pretend to be you. This should be in the OP IMO. Here is a look at the layout.

Added, poemap.live does indeed own.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Killed a couple of uber elders today, and did a four army battle to unlock the five slot device. Should be able to get to 24 achievements complete with another hour or two. This is the point where I start to get a bit burned out though, and often end up quitting.

What can I do to respark my interest? Start a new dude of some sort? Pick some new goal? I could try and grind currency for a +8 frostferno, but it wouldn't really let me do anything new or different that I can't do now. I have 22 ex in currency, and am probably wearing 18 ex in gear. Most of it is in my bow. Is there some fun, less common build that can be done with like a 40ex investment? Somebody mentioned atziri's reflection. What kind of weird build is that used for?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

Somebody mentioned atziri's reflection. What kind of weird build is that used for?

Totem builds - nullify the curses that Soul Mantle and Coward's Legacy gives you while still benefitting from Self Flagellation.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Malaria posted:

My RNG luck and changed dramatically since the last league.

Last time I never got a single exalted orb to drop, and barely got any chaos orbs.

Right now I am level 68 sitting on 23 chaos and 3 exalted(one dropped, 2 from selling an essence worm).

:feelsgood:

Essence worm is like a 5c item so yeah that was really lucky!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Estraysian posted:

Essence worm is like a 5c item so yeah that was really lucky!

Im on PS4, and I think prices are super weird here. Essance worm was 1+ ex last league, and I never got one for my summoner because I was super poor.

Everything feels overpriced from the PC trademarket.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Malaria posted:

Im on PS4, and I think prices are super weird here. Essance worm was 1+ ex last league, and I never got one for my summoner because I was super poor.

Yeah prices on console are probably hosed from a combination of fewer people playing and less access due to worse interfaces. That’s how it is on Warframe as well.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think in warframe its due more to how the platinum discounts work. on pc you get 75% off up to 4k plat at once. on console you get 75% off on one market purchase and plat is always normal price.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I've gotten up to T15 for the first time on my ED build. I enjoy it but, I want to try Melee for once since the "remake" So what Melee builds can easily do poo poo like Incursions, Mines, shrines and other things?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Awesome! posted:

i think in warframe its due more to how the platinum discounts work. on pc you get 75% off up to 4k plat at once. on console you get 75% off on one market purchase and plat is always normal price.

I mean, that is indeed also part of it, and is also kind of poo poo.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Malaria posted:

Hey, that's a good opportunity to get rich as heck by farming the Cells map for the "random unique unset ring" divination card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

farming the Cells map

Gross