Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean I'm just saying it's not totally implausible. Especially since ancient Egypt at times was a lot bigger than the modern one.

I've never heard of them having temples that far out, though. At their largest extent they barely had a presence in a bit of Arabia adjacent to the Sinai. It just seems like a weird choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You might be expecting a bit much from a webcomic that ends with a literal that’s what she said joke

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's this body of water between them

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Moses: Oh gently caress. What the gently caress. I’m not even supposed to be here.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah but it didn’t really work out so well for the Egyptians when they tried to cross it too

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

You might be expecting a bit much from a webcomic that ends with a literal that’s what she said joke

That's not the point, the point was the "just look at a map" post that was even more wrong :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aesop Poprock posted:

There's also a sneaky one in the middle

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Splicer posted:

There's also a sneaky one in the middle

LOL, I completely missed that one.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

This needs a dude on a jet ski towing a surfer.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean I'm just saying it's not totally implausible. Especially since ancient Egypt at times was a lot bigger than the modern one.

I mean

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Maybe it’s just the tomb of an Arabian guy that really liked Egyptian architecture.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's what she said.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I kind of debated posting this because I don't like to make light of people dying, but here we are

I guess if there are toxic fumes somewhere that's where you'd find them

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Almost better that they died.

There was an incident at a local mushroom farm where the fumes of hydrogen sulphide overtook several people. A few of them died, but some of those that went to rescue them lived, but were profoundly brain damaged afterword. A loving nightmare if there is any flicker of thought in their mind that somewhere in their cloudy past they used to be not like this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
An entire Russian family was murdered by potato fumes a few years back.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Apparently the reason that many people died in that one sewer (actually a septic tank) incident was because one guy went down there and didn't come up, which lead to three fellow cleaners to go down there, and when those three didn't come up the hotel sent three non-cleaners down to find out what happened. Also they all weren't wearing any safety gear or masks :stare:

Also it really reminded me of this Darwin Award.

mrkillboy has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Jun 16, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

An entire Russian family was murdered by potato fumes a few years back.

Imagine having enough potato to kill whole family.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Milo and POTUS posted:

Malory Archer:
"The classic Irish man's dilemma: Do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Almost better that they died.

There was an incident at a local mushroom farm where the fumes of hydrogen sulphide overtook several people. A few of them died, but some of those that went to rescue them lived, but were profoundly brain damaged afterword. A loving nightmare if there is any flicker of thought in their mind that somewhere in their cloudy past they used to be not like this.

Yeah H2S courses really stress the whole thing about not running in blindly to save someone without PPE if you're working somewhere with H2S, because it's far more likely you're going to go down as well, then the next rescuer has to save two people

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

mrkillboy posted:

Apparently the reason that many people died in that one sewer (actually a septic tank) incident was because one guy went down there and didn't come up, which lead to three fellow cleaners to go down there, and when those three didn't come up the hotel sent three non-cleaners down to find out what happened. Also they all weren't wearing any safety gear or masks :stare:

Also it really reminded me of this Darwin Award.

They were Untouchable, so they didn't deserve safety gear. Maybe they'll be a higher caste in their next life as a reward for their sacrifice.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

None?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1140604432612298753?s=19

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This timeline is def FUBAR but it's not boring :laffo:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hah

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/USgamernet/status/1140721297615228929

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/tunkuv/status/1140972491487305729

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

lysistrata is still relevant I see.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEjMQ36pxGM

Police raid High Street BINGO hall, find massive weed farm.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://theoutline.com/post/7571/meet-lord-rod-the-sweet-potato-king-of-yokohama-japan?zd=1&zi=nqodamg6

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Thousands petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime's Good Omens

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

the Middle School Urban Legends thread in GBS and this thread have, perhaps inevitably, collided in a terrible way:

Waitress ‘caught putting hot dog up her vagina before apparently serving it to customer’

I'm just gonna go ahead and say mite put it on the menu and get that out of the way

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
“Said the waiter, ‘Don’t shout
And wave it about
Or the rest will be wanting one, too!’”

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Beloved submarine Boaty McBoatface has made a critical discovery about rising seas on its maiden voyage in the Antarctic

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fartikui

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pastry of the Year posted:

the Middle School Urban Legends thread in GBS and this thread have, perhaps inevitably, collided in a terrible way:

Waitress ‘caught putting hot dog up her vagina before apparently serving it to customer’

I'm just gonna go ahead and say mite put it on the menu and get that out of the way

"Some tomato ketchup is added to the hot dog ready to be served"

Revolting.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

To be frank, people have brought worse ideas to the table. You might find it a bit gauche her beef was in the ballpark of her lady bits but gah gently caress I can't even finish a stupid pun post, grooosss

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Korvöverraskning

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

To be frank, people have brought worse ideas to the table. You might find it a bit gauche her beef was in the ballpark of her lady bits but gah gently caress I can't even finish a stupid pun post, grooosss

She could've taken it to clips4sale and made more money than by waiting tables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Phlegmish posted:

She could've taken it to clips4sale and made more money than by waiting tables

Some things are more important than money